Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

At Double Carlos' pay Charles still only managed a 7 pt lead over Carlos after the last race. A Carlos ; Alonso team @ Ferrari would be the team to beat! Alonso @149 pts; Charles & Russell tied @ 99.
    Last edited by Brembo; 8th August 2023 at 08:08.

Bop should be applied to drivers performance pay wise also.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    F1 will introduce an Equalisation of Power Units Regulations for 2026.

If the engine manufacturer is more than 3% behind the most powerful engine, they will be given more time to improve.

@Formu1a.uno

Great lobbying by Alphine & RBR….!!
    Might as well just have one company design the aerodynamics for everyone and use the same engine for everyone. There is no point in having individual teams either.

A good part of the intrigue in F1 is how certain engineers can make miracles seemingly happen every time the rules change. It isn't great for racing, but the technological aspect is very interesting. Parity shouldn't be forced upon the teams. What's the point of having huge car manufacturers at that point if they can't showcase their products?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Modern F1 rule is so restrictive that only 1 lucky team got the true concept win (Red Bull) . In the past we have seen different team with different car principle compete to each other and that is both fair-development and exciting races too . Now it's just so stupid , cost cap can't do anything other than bring midfield closer and the stupid token system that prevent the weaker team from making improvement
    2 teams got it right, then the FIA decided to issue a technical directive against Ferrari. We should start asking why Ferrari is always targetted. Mercedes, when they were dominant, were consitently given until the end of the year to change their violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    It saddens me a great deal. If le Rosse were this dominant over this span, they would have changed the formula by now.
    When is the next formula due, again?
    2026, but it seems Mercedes were quite happy about that, until they started to mention this parity nonesense for engine output.

https://twitter.com/fastestpitstop/s...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA

Puke! Absolutely disgusting that we would even go for him. The affirmative action cry baby champion would have finished destroying Ferrari. Shows you were Ferrari’s head is at…keep looking for washed up champions but won’t build a car to suit.

Thank god he rejected Ferrari’s offer.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://twitter.com/fastestpitstop/s...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA

Puke! Absolutely disgusting that we would even go for him. The affirmative action cry baby champion would have finished destroying Ferrari. Shows you were Ferrari’s head is at…keep looking for washed up champions but won’t build a car to suit.

Thank god he rejected Ferrari’s offer.
    Higher leader logic is that if you hire a superstar then your team will automaticly success .
    No it's not coming yet

I don't believe that Sr GOAT would ever want to leave Merc for Ferrari. With Masi gone from the competition; Alonso vs Sr Lewis for 2nd pl will be great to watch knowing WDC is already locked up. Carlos & Charles need a car and can be right in the competition for 2nd or 3rd place. Bop wise Carlos deserves a pay raise ASAP ! Euro fans will still be there favoring Charles at the tracks.

Higher leader logic is that if you hire a superstar then your team will automaticly success .
    Funny thing is that I totally believe that's their logic despite having Alonso and Vettel as examples.

Red Bulls car has Max on top. As far as who's the top driver Alonso is right up there with the best.

Montoya pretty much sums it up

“I don't want to say that Hamilton is not good, he is a very good driver but the reality of this sport is that you have to be in the best car.”

Exactly best car wins always has always will.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Exactly best car wins always has always will.
    Almost always for sure. Lewis' Merc was not better than Max R Bull car and but for Masi's fine tuning Lewis' Merc out ; LEWIS' MERC was the 2021 WDC winner in not the best car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Funny thing is that I totally believe that's their logic despite having Alonso and Vettel as examples.
    What I believe is that Ferrari never made an offer to the diva and this is all trash journalism
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Almost always for sure. Lewis' Merc was not better than Max R Bull car and but for Masi's fine tuning Lewis' Merc out ; LEWIS' MERC was the 2021 WDC winner in not the best car.
    Why Lewis Hamilton could have pitted and maintain the lead in Abu Dhabi during the safety car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYjKzngFfIQ
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Why did Masi get kicked out of his job?

You've been mis-informed like 95% of the people whom seem to think Masi was [cough] [cough] "fired."

Masi left on his own recognizance.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You've been mis-informed like 95% of the people whom seem to think Masi was [cough] [cough] "fired."

Masi left on his own recognizance.
    Fired from his role.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Fired from his role.
    Left on his own recognizance.

i personally still think he got CANNED

Reason?

He was sacked/fired from his role.
    Forza Ferrari

He was sacked/fired from his role.
    I don't think so. Look at the date of the source I just supplied as opposed to the date of your source.......IF you have a source. I rest my case regarding Masi quitting on his own recognizance.

Ben Sulayem: Toxic social media caused Masi to quit

Many believe that former Formula 1 Race Director Michael Masi was made a scapegoat in the aftermath of the blundering at the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix finale, but FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem says it had more to do with the toxicity of social media.

The story of how the Australian messed up the sport’s biggest night isx well told, the F1 title decided controversially, and still a bone of contention, particularly for Lewis Hamilton fans who feel their driver was robbed on the night with Max Verstappen ending up the beneficiary, aka World Champion.

What erupted was a disgrace to the sport and its so-called fans, social media went haywire as #DigitalMaggots emerged to further sully a downright awful mess by the FIA, starting with Masi mishandling of those final decisive laps, which thereafter unacceptably included death threats, unacceptable hateful abuse and sheer criminal behavior by an agitating few.

Since that night, Ben Sulayem as President has been tasked to sort out the F1 race direction, while turning around the laborious FIA ‘ship’ that Jean Todt had sailed into a sandbank. In other words, taking ownership of the sport as is the governing body’s right.

Thus to sort out F1 ‘refereeing’ problems, two RDs were assigned to the role – Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich. – which was never going to be ideal. But the stakes were never as high in 2022 as on that title-deciding night at Yas Marina a year earlier and it worked, sort of.

While speaking to journos covering the Dakar Rally, and reflecting on Abu Dhabi 2021, Ben Sulayem suggested that Masi was not pushed but rather decided to walk: “It was also his choice.

“I’d talked to him at the beginning. There were human errors there, and I felt that he also wanted to just not go further, because of what he got from social media, the toxic social media. I spoke to him, and it was unfair also to him. The FIA was always supportive.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2023/01...director-role/

He was sacked/fired from his role, not sure what your struggling to get with that? He was offered another role and then left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=masi...client=gws-wiz
    Forza Ferrari

He was sacked/fired from his role, not sure what your struggling to get with that? He was offered another role and then left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=masi...client=gws-wiz
    Let me rephrase, Masi was never fired from the FIA due to Abu Dhabi 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    What I believe is that Ferrari never made an offer to the diva and this is all trash journalism
    I'm with you. I doubt Ferrari would jeapordize Leclerc for Hamilton. Think it's all hype and rumour.
    Only reason to go for Hamilton is if he would convince a few top engineers to move over with him.

Let me rephrase, Masi was never fired from the FIA due to Abu Dhabi 2021.
    Well it's really all semantics. He lost his job as race director and decided to quit. 6 of one...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well it's really all semantics. He lost his job as race director and decided to quit. 6 of one...
    Correct.

All destabilising nonsense talk .Hamilton is free fall and his value to mercedes is not what he thinks.Basicly what he thinks he is worth and what mercedes are offering are way apart so he will just hold out.

Sr Lewis fighting for the best deal for his future and showing Mrec he believes they are the team to be with is shameful ! He couldn't even win an 8th WDC ! Masi not Max beat him out of that #8. Rules are made to be broken! A good example of a true F-1 driver is Carlos ! 1/2 his team mates pay and he still gives it his best every race. He's so proud to be a Ferarri driver.