Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

I think that 24 races is too much.

In the 'good old days' - my first visit to a Grand Prix was Brands Hatch in 1972, the John Player Special GP, won by Emerson Fittipaldi in, yup, a JPS Lotus 72 and I chose Jackie Stewart, then at Tyrrell, as 'my hero' - we had 15/16 races max every summer and I looked forward to every race with real excitement.

Tuned my radio to Radio-Tele Luxembourg, I think it was, to listen to race commentaries in French - there was little or no coverage in the UK!

Today, well it's all about making big bucks and as long as the cowboys running the show can get millions to watch/ cough up to view and/ or attend, they'll keep milking it for all it's worth. Sadly, I don't see it ever returning to what it was - a sport rather than a massive money-making machine - but then that is the way of the world now.

Anyone who needs a break from the madness, spend a hour or two watching the film 'Rush'. Halcyon days!
    Last edited by Nick Singer; 7th July 2023 at 13:48. Reason: spelling
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I think that 24 races is too much.

In the 'good old days' - my first visit to a Grand Prix was Brands Hatch in 1972, the John Player Special GP, won by Emerson Fittipaldi in, yup, a JPS Lotus 72 and I chose Jackie Stewart, then at Tyrrell, as 'my hero' - we had 15/16 races max every summer and I looked forward to every race with real excitement.

Tuned my radio to Radio-Tele Luxembourg, I think it was, to listen to race commentaries in French - there was little or no coverage in the UK!

Today, well it's all about making big bucks and as long as the cowboys running the show can get millions to watch/ cough up to view and/ or attend, they'll keep milking it for all it's worth. Sadly, I don't see it ever returning to what it was - a sport rather than a massive money-making machine - but then that is the way of the world now.

Anyone who needs a break from the madness, spend a hour or two watching the film 'Rush'. Halcyon days!
    When I was younger and less concerned about home comforts and facilities, I remember several GPs at both Brands hatch and Silverstone, pitching a tent and having an full English cooked on a Primus stove with a mega hangover! No wonder my brother-in-law insisted on adding kidneys to the mix!! Those were the days, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    When I was younger and less concerned about home comforts and facilities, I remember several GPs at both Brands hatch and Silverstone, pitching a tent and having an full English cooked on a Primus stove with a mega hangover! No wonder my brother-in-law insisted on adding kidneys to the mix!! Those were the days, indeed.
    Camped at both! One year we borrowed a Land Rover of my Dad's and, as it was raining, did the BBQ in the back! A bit smoky!
    Trying to be less angry..

Finally Charles's car is fixed !
    No it's not coming yet

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Finally Charles's car is fixed !
    What was wrong with it? What did they find?

The performance of McLaren Williams and Ferrari this year when they bouncing back from the back of the grid just clearly show us how important it is to have a competitive technical department so to out-develop your oppoment in the season . I hope that Fred already and will get more decent technician in order to strengthen the team !
    No it's not coming yet

Nyck de Vries is out.....Ricciardo is in with immediate effect.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

They should replace Perez first.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    true....they should have demoted Perez to alpha tauri and Danny Ric. to red bull

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    true....they should have demoted Perez to alpha tauri and Danny Ric. to red bull
    Replace Perez immediately........then who is available immediately?

Perez is still #2 in the WDC rankings. I'll agree he's "messed up" in the last 5 GP's but he's nowhere at Max's level.

I'm sure Ricciardo has to prove himself at Alfa Tauri and against Yuki Tsunoda but IF he does, then more than likely he'll be in a RedBull seat soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Replace Perez immediately........then who is available immediately?

Perez is still #2 in the WDC rankings. I'll agree he's "messed up" in the last 5 GP's but he's nowhere at Max's level.

I'm sure Ricciardo has to prove himself at Alfa Tauri and against Yuki Tsunoda but IF he does, then more than likely he'll be in a RedBull seat soon enough.
    With Ric rather than send him to AT.
    Forza Ferrari

With Ric rather than send him to AT.
    guess 'ol Marko dont' wanna create friction again between max and ric.....as it happened last time they were mates

In May there was a Red Bull-Leclerc contact. The new management, with the approval of Liberty Media, would like to have two top drivers in the team, as currently at Mercedes. Also contact with Norris. More in the article.

@Formu1a.uno

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In May there was a Red Bull-Leclerc contact. The new management, with the approval of Liberty Media, would like to have two top drivers in the team, as currently at Mercedes. Also contact with Norris. More in the article.

@Formu1a.uno
    All this pinpoints that no-one consider us a competitor . Not even for the future. Everybody from the managers to the engineers , don't care about Ferrari anymore. We are becoming a genuine midfield team that we only have to take the leftovers!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    All this pinpoints that no-one consider us a competitor . Not even for the future. Everybody from the managers to the engineers , don't care about Ferrari anymore. We are becoming a genuine midfield team that we only have to take the leftovers!!!!
    Situation is hopeless for us for atleast until 2026
    No it's not coming yet

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

@Formu1a.uno
    Why does Liberty need to approve? Still last month they said Charles was talking to Merc, file under clickbait for the time being.
    Forza Ferrari

The ferrari disease will take some time to cure it been a monumental train wreck for a while now with no real management structure. Charles has every reason to doubt his future at ferrari and if redbull pounce then he will be in a championship winning car the the moment he starts.Ferr are represant a clear gamble moving foward.

Besides R Bull as is there is no other team for either of our drivers to go to. Merc is OK as is also. Give up Alonso for Charles ?

So at Silverstone today, Mercedes and Mclaren are going to test F1 cars with "mudguards" on them. This is supposed to reduce the overspray from F1 cars that trail behind them for better visibility.

#AMuS Rumors suggest RBPT combustion engine is about 10hp below the target

Red Bull's opponents believe RBPT is behind schedule, hence Horner lobbies for a rule change or the delaying of 26 engine rules.

Sources claim Mercedes are most advanced in new engine development.
    2013 rumors deja vu about new engine rules. Are we gonna see again a Merc super advantage in the pu ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

2013 rumors deja vu about new engine rules. Are we gonna see again a Merc super advantage in the pu ???!!!!
    Please not that again !!! F1 is dominated by just 1 team constantly for 13 YEARS already . FIA need to do something to save the sport
    No it's not coming yet

And this unfortunately, fits with Vasseurs claims that he doesn't disagree with Horner and he don't take Totos (Mercs ) side .
    Is it because we also are not ready and we afraid that we will also be behind??!!!
    So up until now the results - data- rumors suggest that we would not be able to compete with RBR until the end of 2025. Now the rumors say that we might be behind Merc on the new engine rules from 2026!!!
    Are we doomed for another decade???!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And this unfortunately, fits with Vasseurs claims that he doesn't disagree with Horner and he don't take Totos (Mercs ) side .
    Is it because we also are not ready and we afraid that we will also be behind??!!!
    So up until now the results - data- rumors suggest that we would not be able to compete with RBR until the end of 2025. Now the rumors say that we might be behind Merc on the new engine rules from 2026!!!
    We gonna set another record for longest awaited title . It's already been 1/4 of my life tho...
    No it's not coming yet

So now we have decided we are already behind in 2026......
    Forza Ferrari

possibly.....by the time Ferrari will win another WCC, well may as well be 2050 or beyond....

don't know why Ferrari are so spineless and afraid of using their political power....all they need to do is pull out of F1, or make a serious THREAT about pulling out....and that's it...there will be NO MORE F1 WITHOUT THEM....PERIOD!!!

F1 needs Ferrari more then Ferrari needs F1.....THAT IS CERTAIN.

F1 without Ferrari would implode very rapidly

So now we are behind until 2050....this place is so toxic now its embarassing.

F1 would more than likely continue without Ferrari these days, like it or not.
    Forza Ferrari

well that was a bit exhaggerated on my part....but you getting my drift, Greig, don't ya??
    as things are NOT getting our way....same 'ol, same "ol......start working early on next years car, next year comes, we're still behind....rinse and repeat....that is our beloved Ferrari team

F1 would more than likely continue without Ferrari these days, like it or not.
    somehow i doubt that Greig...a year, maybe 2....but it would fall apart pretty quickly without FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    somehow i doubt that Greig...a year, maybe 2....but it would fall apart pretty quickly without FERRARI
    I really don't think it would these days.
    Forza Ferrari