Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rumours surrounding Charles leclerc might move to AM 2026.

@Motorsport IT
    if they managed this @@@@@@!!!! Im a team supporter and never followed a driver when he left the team, not evemn MSc or Alo , BUT Lec is something special. Not only for his driving skills ,but because he is the only driver who can declared "born and raised" inside Ferrari. He is Ferrari to the bone . For him to leave ,the team must have act very very bad to him. and i dont want to support AM agaist Ferrari. I will never be against Ferrari ,but is this happened tomorrow ,i would probably stop watching !!!!
    BUT i think that rumors like this from it.motorsport probably are @@@@@
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

AM seems his only realistic move that might pay off. Drivers come and go it's not going to change much if our car is still not good enough.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    AM seems his only realistic move that might pay off. Drivers come and go it's not going to change much if our car is still not good enough.
    totally agree on the drivers front, but 2026 will bring new rules into play as far as power units go....so anything can happen

It will never happen but.... Salaries should be based on results during the season.

Charles needs to push his car to the limits like Max did and still does. The car set up is one thing; using it is another esp the engine HP ! Finishing out of the points is unacceptable. He's a top driver, he needs to push his car to the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It will never happen but.... Salaries should be based on results during the season.
    Teams at the back of the grid already pay low salaries [by F1 standards]

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Teams at the back of the grid already pay low salaries [by F1 standards]
    What I meant is say a 3 year or even a2 year contract is securing a few million pay regardless of how things go. I'm just jealous !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    if they managed this @@@@@@!!!! Im a team supporter and never followed a driver when he left the team, not evemn MSc or Alo , BUT Lec is something special. Not only for his driving skills ,but because he is the only driver who can declared "born and raised" inside Ferrari. He is Ferrari to the bone . For him to leave ,the team must have act very very bad to him. and i dont want to support AM agaist Ferrari. I will never be against Ferrari ,but is this happened tomorrow ,i would probably stop watching !!!!
    BUT i think that rumors like this from it.motorsport probably are @@@@@
    agree with that Schumacher has a dream memories with Ferrari , heart breaking for Alonso and Vettel but Leclerc is something else... He had Ferrari in his blood since a child and he is attached to the academy and the team. If he leave , it would be very hard to watch as a fan of both Ferrari and Leclerc
    Look like a dream team is coming

I'm sure Charles is upset, and why shouldn't he be? Ferrari just reeks of incompetence.

But still, if I were him, I would stay at Ferrari. And if he needs some convincing, he should look at the results. Alonso left Ferrari for success and look at the result. After 9 years since his departure from Ferrari, he finally has found himself with a good car. But he still hasn't won races with it and winning the championship is out of question. Also look at Vettel and Massa's career. Even look at Schumacher and his return to F1 after "retiring" from the sport at Ferrari.

So, he should be patient. Because going to AM is not going to do anything and improve his chance of winning the WDC. If it's RB or Mercedes, then sure, those two teams will give him a WDC worthy car, but not AM.

I also think Ferrari should try their best to keep him on board. The team needs to be build completely around him, like RB did with Max or Merc did with Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'm sure Charles is upset, and why shouldn't he be? Ferrari just reeks of incompetence.

But still, if I were him, I would stay at Ferrari. And if he needs some convincing, he should look at the results. Alonso left Ferrari for success and look at the result. After 9 years since his departure from Ferrari, he finally has found himself with a good car. But he still hasn't won races with it and winning the championship is out of question. Also look at Vettel and Massa's career. Even look at Schumacher and his return to F1 after "retiring" from the sport at Ferrari.

So, he should be patient. Because going to AM is not going to do anything and improve his chance of winning the WDC. If it's RB or Mercedes, then sure, those two teams will give him a WDC worthy car, but not AM.

I also think Ferrari should try their best to keep him on board. The team needs to be build completely around him, like RB did with Max or Merc did with Ham.
    Agreed on all counts, Ferrari would be an even sorrier mess without him.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed on all counts, Ferrari would be an even sorrier mess without him.
    just as they would have been without Alonso....he dragged that DONKEY of a car and put it in places that it did NOT deserve to be in

and Ferrari almost won in 2010 and 2012.....but ONLY because Alonso was there and because of the Alonso factor.....as an average driver would only have had a quarter of the points he had.....IF THAT....

Without Sainz Scoring points Ferrari would be lost way in the rear !! Charles needs help!! Sainz repeats that Ferrari is where he wants to be.

The difference is All of them left ferrari almost at end of their career, Charles does have time.

I feel AM is good option for him, but as you said I don’t think there should be a move out of ferrari. It can’t be worse than 2020 or 2021 for him.

Just going to leave these here for those of you that don't venture away from this board.

Le Mans live streams:

https://cdn.buffsports.stream/webpla...ask=1686405600

Onboard:

So, he

Building the team around zero points results ? How will Carlos feel ? If the cars go out truly the same ; Carlos is the driver to get the special attention each race. Name the team that would want Charles among the top 4. ESP considering what Ferrari is paying him.

So, he

Building the team around zero points results ? How will Carlos feel ? If the cars go out truly the same ; Carlos is the driver to get the special attention each race. Name the team that would want Charles among the top 4. ESP considering what Ferrari is paying him.

I Knew this car and team could do it!!!

That moment was time freeze worthy!

First win in lemans after 50 years, with a first try after returning. What a story. What a comeback.

First win in lemans after 50 years, with a first try after returning. What a story. What a comeback.
    So happy we got to see this, simply amazing!

Each race the car looked improved and this was the race to come good! Monza will be quite something!

This is an amazing achievement by the whole team and drivers, what an incredible performance and so well deserved. Compared to the F1 team's season , this seems worth the pain, at lest to some degree. Forza Ferrari, and how!

Saw Charles and Fred were there. I hope they got some good vibes for next week.
    The team were magnificent to-day. That last pitstop was nail biting.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    So happy we got to see this, simply amazing!

Each race the car looked improved and this was the race to come good! Monza will be quite something!
    Yup, it's great to see the competitiveness of the 499P. I mean, in absolute sheer pace, the #50 looked fastest and it could've an 1-2.

First time Toyota had competition and they got beaten. And also goes to show what Ferrari is capable of, when the negative influence of politics and incompetence is no longer on the board.

Ferrari is back LE MANS….

The praise goes to AF Corse had it been a official Ferrari. Team......

So happy when I heard the Italian national anthem again this year.

First and last time probably haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Le man's 24 hours wow now thats racing super super effort by ferrari winners on there maiden return after 50 years.Now you know why ferrari is the world's most powerful sporting brand.

Ferrari's last win at LeMans was 58 years ago.

Ferrari's last time at being at LeMans as a manufacturer was 50 years ago.

Monumental task today for Ferrari AFCorsa at one of the most difficult motorsport venue's for man and machine.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Time has arrived to get the ferrari f1 division up to speed., use this great result as motivation moving foward.

Hopefully TEAM FERRARI can be encouraged by this win and realise "we can do it"
    It's a different discipline I know but determination and hard work go a long way. Come on F1 team.

Forza Jules