Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    But the big names don’t seem to be on the way to us.
    Can you name those "big names" except Newey?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    exactly.....we all know taht Newey will NEVER join teh scuderia.....but if we get a handful of good engineers from them, they may know some tricks especially since they did work with Newey

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    exactly.....we all know taht Newey will NEVER join teh scuderia.....but if we get a handful of good engineers from them, they may know some tricks especially since they did work with Newey
    Well, there is Fallows. That was a missed opportunity. Then there is Blandin(Mercedes) another missed opportunity. Both are responsible for the AMR23 aero.

btw,

No updated for Barcelona(Catalunya) according to Vasseur.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, there is Fallows. That was a missed opportunity. Then there is Blandin(Mercedes) another missed opportunity. Both are responsible for the AMR23 aero.

btw,

so the WHOLE new rear suspension rumor being reworked and ready for Spain was just a bunch of BS....YUP, as usual.....
    our aero guys are totally clueless....bunch of clowns if you ask me

they'll just prolly scrap this year's car totally and concentrate on 2024.....and same story next year, same for following....and so on

i'm not expecting much from our team as of late....so i'm sporting the saying....."I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT" kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

btw,

Of the current team, Baldo and Wache. Binotto wanted to sign Fallows, but he failed, as usual. I am pretty sure that our chances to sign Fallows would have been great if we would have parted ways with Binotto earlier.

so the WHOLE new rear suspension rumor being reworked and ready for Spain was just a bunch of BS....YUP, as usual.....

they'll just prolly scrap this year's car totally and concentrate on 2024.....and same story next year, same for following....and so on

i'm not expecting much from our team as of late....so i'm sporting the saying....."I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT" kind of thing
    Let’s see what they bring in Barcelona, but in the past we rarely developed anything relevant during the season. I mean look at our car in comparison to last year, I am not sure if they ever heard of agile development methods in Maranello.

It’s a start, for sure.

Binotto master class that clown new exactly what he was doing and this prancing donkey belongs to him he new his days were numbered obviously tipped off from inside.The people under the clown were clueless so they just did what they were instructed,this is the result when the very top has lost control of the shop floor.

Ι think they he sais "no new front suspension" In the rear in will be modified but no new geometry.
    on other news ,looks like another team that creates a strong engineer line is McLaren !!!!
    McLaren announces the appointment of Rob Marshall as Technical Director, Engineering & Design within its Formula 1 team. Rob will join the team on 1 January 2024.
    This role will sit within the F1 Technical Executive team, alongside Peter Prodromou and David Sanchez, reporting directly into Team Principal Andrea Stella.
    All the known good engineers go left and right BUT NOT to Ferrari !!!!! It looks like we are only take the "leftovers"
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

"McLaren announces the appointment of Rob Marshall as Technical Director, Engineering & Design within its Formula 1 team. Rob will join the team on 1 January 2024.
    This role will sit within the F1 Technical Executive team, alongside Peter Prodromou and David Sanchez, reporting directly into Team Principal Andrea Stella. "

All the known good engineers go left and right BUT NOT to Ferrari !!!!! It looks like we are only take the "leftovers"
    and yet another missed opportunity by Ferrari. It pays to be local with regards to Mclaren, even though they suck in performance for 2023. Hope he does well for the team.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Now that's a "big name" signing. But alas, he's not joining Ferrari. I don't think Ferrari itself is the problem, it's the location. Italy is pretty much unlikely to incentivize anyone from Britain to move there and start working. It's a pretty huge cultural shift, and I don't think any big technical names of F1 are willing to learn Italian at this stage of their life and career.

Other's are strengthening their technical and engineering departments, while Ferrari still remains without a technical director. The days ahead are dark.

Now that's a "big name" signing. But alas, he's not joining Ferrari. I don't think Ferrari itself is the problem, it's the location. Italy is pretty much unlikely to incentivize anyone from Britain to move there and start working. It's a pretty huge cultural shift, and I don't think any big technical names of F1 are willing to learn Italian at this stage of their life and career.

Other's are strengthening their technical and engineering departments, while Ferrari still remains without a technical director. The days ahead are dark.
    Ross Brawn did it, James Allison did it and he spoke perfect italian....it's prolly the atmosphere as of late being too toxic, hence NO one wants to go to Ferrari anymore...which is sad

More like a dark hole that will consume everything and im afraid we will start falling in the performance order and become a genuine midfield team !!!! I know i soud a lot pessimistic,but when i see that we run out of top engineers who will desing / evolve a racing car ?? Our "legacy"???we are strugle to cut a few months of gardening leave for a couple of 2nd grade unknown engineers and the likes of Aston Martin and McLaren have taken top notch names, and RBR /Merc may have lost some of theirs but they still have good people bahind .people who know how to fight / win championships !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ross Brawn did it, James Allison did it and he spoke perfect italian....it's prolly the atmosphere as of late being too toxic, hence NO one wants to go to Ferrari anymore...which is sad
    i agree with this !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Give Fred a little longer to recruit. He has already got 2 RB engineers.

Forza Jules

Different times. Back then, no one was capable of matching Ferrari's financial prowess. The allure of money and the Ferrari name was enough to attract some big names. But not any more.
    But I don't think I should be too pessimistic. Ferrari still the only team in 2023 that has beaten RB in qualifying. The overhyped AM is yet to secure a pole, let alone a victory.

Yeah, AM made a big step this year. But so did Ferrari in the past. From winless 2020-2021 to securing 1-2 at the first race of 2022.

Ferrari have proven in the past that they are capable of building a great cars like the SF70-71 and F1-75. They can do it again. And the pure pace is still there, the qualifying pace of the SF23 isn't a fluke. After all, Q3 is the only time when these F1 cars are allowed to run at their peak capability.

I believe every driver still wants to drive for Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe every driver still wants to drive for Ferrari!
    not Hamilton

not Hamilton
    Definitely not Nando either... and I'm not so sure LEC is still having dreams* about it!

* Well, not good ones anyway!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Definitely not Nando either... and I'm not so sure LEC is still having dreams* about it!

* Well, not good ones anyway!
    true on both counts....Alo has had his share of Ferrari failure during his FIVE years there....no way he wants that again....LOL

and LeClerc....well he is slowly realising that Ferrari may NOT have been a good call to come to.....but all other top teams had drivers signed back then....and Ferrari is STILL every drivers dream to drive for, even though they quick realize that it may have been a mistake

let's hope that this time around Fred will build a good team that will deliver a race winning car....well, in 2024

not Hamilton
    Not yet. After he hits 8 I believe he will love to finish his F1 career driving for Ferrari. Lewis along side Max @ R Bull would be fun to watch!

Not yet. After he hits 8 I believe he will love to finish his F1 career driving for Ferrari. Lewis along side Max @ R Bull would be fun to watch!
    hamster will NEVER get his 8th title....at least i hope he won't...LOL

hamster will NEVER get his 8th title....at least i hope he won't...LOL
    How many more Michael Ms are standing by to make sure your right? Alonso is showing everyone the 40s are still young to drive F1 !

How many more Michael Ms are standing by to make sure your right? Alonso is showing everyone the 40s are still young to drive F1 !
    dude, Alonso is a genius.....Hamster on the other hand is an overrated driver at best.....
    when hamster doesn't have a good car he's lost, he cannot extract the maximum or 110% out of a car like Alo does.....even russel is showing him how it's done and same as Button did in 2011 when the Mclaren was a POS

dude, Alonso is a genius.....Hamster on the other hand is an overrated driver at best.....
    when hamster doesn't have a good car he's lost, he cannot extract the maximum or 110% out of a car like Alo does.....even russel is showing him how it's done and same as Button did in 2011 when the Mclaren was a POS
    Well Charles and Carlos haven't been doing to good for the same reason you stated with Lewis,there lost without a good car. I just can't overlook 103 wins and poles and 7WDCs. I agree 100% with you that Alonso is a genius and for sure the better driver. Russell is allowed to race against Lewis , not like Rubens back in the days. ! I just couldn't resist. I wish the win on Alonso Sunday!!

Well Charles and Carlos haven't been doing to good for the same reason you stated with Lewis,there lost without a good car. I just can't overlook 103 wins and poles and 7WDCs. I agree 100% with you that Alonso is a genius and for sure the better driver. Russell is allowed to race against Lewis , not like Rubens back in the days. ! I just couldn't resist. I wish the win on Alonso Sunday!!

reports that Seb visited all his former teams in Monte Carlo last week, met with Lewis & finished his 'tour' with a Ferrari dinner. According to rumors, Domenicali offered Seb the role of Sustainability Manager in F1.

@Motorsport F1

reports that Seb visited all his former teams in Monte Carlo last week, met with Lewis & finished his 'tour' with a Ferrari dinner. According to rumors, Domenicali offered Seb the role of Sustainability Manager in F1.

@Motorsport F1

It's amazing how much better RB seems to be.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/uncov...hasanović

In the meantime, Ferrari still doesn't understand the car.

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinio...are-per-capire

[QUOTE=brucewayne;1079224]It's amazing how much better RB seems to be.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/uncov...hasanović

In the meantime, Ferrari still doesn't understand the car.

Or who there #1 driver is! Points are what counts !