Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I believe the Honda engines are free to whomever Honda supplies the team. I also believe Honda pays for most of the drivers salary as well when Honda engines are supplied to the team.
    Ok, so how does the cap take this into consideration?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Ok, so how does the cap take this into consideration?
    The cap doesn't take this into consideration. It's part of the perks with Honda. In essence, Redbull is free to spend it's "cap" on other sources.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Anything can happen expect the unexpected nothing is outside the realm of possibilities in formula1.

The Hamilton rumour...It won't happen and thank god for that. Incessant crying over the radio for an hour and a half. No thanks.

The cap doesn't take this into consideration. It's part of the perks with Honda. In essence, Redbull is free to spend it's "cap" on other sources.
    Engines are not part of the budget cap for car development etc, they have their own budget of 95m IIRC which means teams buying engines can't just spend that elsewhere.
    Forza Ferrari

The quicker mercedes sign up hamilton the better.He wants more than what Toto is probably prepared to give,the longer it goes own then the potential for rumours to become truemors only increases.Ferrari is putting it out there no doubts it's almost an auction.Mercedes need to better the ferrari offer being prepared or I can see a monster announcement forthcoming make no mistake it will happen.Carlos will remain as a test mule.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The quicker mercedes sign up hamilton the better.He wants more than what Toto is probably prepared to give,the longer it goes own then the potential for rumours to become truemors only increases.Ferrari is putting it out there no doubts it's almost an auction.Mercedes need to better the ferrari offer being prepared or I can see a monster announcement forthcoming make no mistake it will happen.Carlos will remain as a test mule.
    The big problem is Lewis wants more than Toto is prepared to offer hence the rumours. Will Ferrari give fuel to these rumours ? i don't know.

Forza Jules

Charles needs to catch up to the test mule on points!

BREAKING! New Ferrari pics leaked to press...

Insiders claim it will 'knock the socks off' the current F1 machine..

TRACTOR.jpg
    Trying to be less angry..

They are the donkey's of this current F1.

If you watch Indy 500, F1 is a broken product in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    If you watch Indy 500, F1 is a broken product in comparison.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Anything is better than one team is 1,5 seconds faster than the rest. You won’t admit it, but it’s the truth. No silly TDs in the middle of the season. Nearly everyone can still win this today. Only FIA destroys it’s product in the middle of the year and makes sure that nothing will change for the next 1-2 years. Would be amazing to see the fastest drivers compete in the Indy 500.

Anything is better than one team is 1,5 seconds faster than the rest. You won’t admit it, but it’s the truth. No silly TDs in the middle of the season. Nearly everyone can still win this today. Only FIA destroys it’s product in the middle of the year and makes sure that nothing will change for the next 1-2 years. Would be amazing to see the fastest drivers compete in the Indy 500.
    Bet you are cheering for McLaren. Spec series on a oval is hardly going to be much different than anyone could win, how exciting
    Forza Ferrari

Bet you are cheering for McLaren.
    Just a neutral viewer. Ferrari thought about joining in the past, would have been a good way to overshadow the laughing stock at the moment. We all know you are rooting for McLaren, you don’t have to show your cards. Bet you are looking for your man Binotto to join them. All you do is troll again. So weird, like always. But go on and live in your own world. Will call you Mr. McLaren from now on. Mr. McLaren!

Just a neutral viewer. Ferrari thought about joining in the past, would have been a good way to overshadow the laughing stock at the moment. We all know you are rooting for McLaren, you don’t have to show your cards. All you do is troll again. So weird, like always. But go on and live in your own world.
    Indy 500 where you spend 199 laps not wanting to be in the lead....so exciting
    Forza Ferrari

Indy 500 where you spend 199 laps not wanting to be in the lead....so exciting
    More exciting than finishing 1 min behind the race winner. Dude did you watch F1 today? No one could literally overtake. RB/Max win even if they start from behind like in Baku. You are delusional, like always. But according to you Binotto was a mastermind and we had to go on with him. Explain everything, I hope McLaren win.

More exciting than finishing 1 min behind the race winner. Dude did you watch F1 today? No one could literally overtake. RB/Max win even if they start from behind like in Baku. You are delusional, like always. But according to you Binotto was a mastermind and we had to go on with him. Explain everything, I hope McLaren win.
    I'm with Greig on this one. I watched Indy today and for was wondering for the whole race how stupid it is. Basically leading is the worst thing you can do. You are using the most fuel, creating a tow for the others and can't just create a gap so it's totally against what racing is. You don't want to lead until the last straight of the last lap. The only interesting moments were the crashes. Otherwise I would rather watch F1 Monaco 24h.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I'm with Greig on this one. I watched Indy today and for was wondering for the whole race how stupid it is. Basically leading is the worst thing you can do. You are using the most fuel, creating a tow for the others and can't just create a gap so it's totally against what racing is. You don't want to lead until the last straight of the last lap. The only interesting moments were the crashes. Otherwise I would rather watch F1 Monaco 24h.
    Monaco Qualy? Hell yes! Monaco Race? Never ever. It’s the most boring race of the year. It was exciting to watch, and at the end someone did win who started from P17. In F1 only RB/Max has a chance to win from behind. F1 racing is more about looking for the tyres, cruising without pushing. Schumacher was right when he complained about Pirelli after his comeback. It’s not like in the past anymore. Even with the new rules, TD039 destroyed so much again. It’s no fun to see one team lapping so much faster than the rest. Or DRS for overtaking, something like KERS in the past was more honest.

Monaco Qualy? Hell yes! Monaco Race? Never ever. It’s the most boring race of the year. It was exciting to watch, and at the end someone did win who started from P17. In F1 only RB/Max has a chance to win from behind. F1 racing is more about looking for the tyres, cruising without pushing. Schumacher was right when he complained about Pirelli after his comeback. It’s not like in the past anymore. Even with the new rules, TD039 destroyed so much again. It’s no fun to see one team lapping so much faster than the rest. Or DRS for overtaking, something like KERS in the past was more honest.
    Monaco isn't the problem. The cars are the problem-->too wide, too heavy and too long.

Monaco isn't the problem. The cars are the problem-->too wide, too heavy and too long.
    I am talking about F1 in general. I mean I don’t have a problem with Monaco. Qualy is exciting, it’s an iconic race track. We all know the onboard from Senna from the past, goosebumps. But exactly, the formula is not good, heavy and long cars. Vettel called them tractors, and it’s true. There is just no room. Look at Sainz, you try to overtake and you get punished. How often do we see drivers who won’t defend because you would only loose time and destroy your tyres? RB is flying with DRS like the other cars aren’t even there.

RB is flying with DRS like the other cars aren’t even there.
    Maybe it has everything to do with aero? That's Newey's department. Also, did you see how long Max went on the medium tire during the MonacoGP 2023?

The RedBull has always been great on it's tires no matter what compound is used.

Maybe it has everything to do with aero? That's Newey's department. Also, did you see how long Max went on the medium tire during the MonacoGP 2023?

The RedBull has always been great on it's tires no matter what compound is used.
    Most certainly. The new rules favor teams with great aero departments, like 2009. 2014 teams with great engine departments did benefit. Guess what? Ferrari is never there at the end of the day. Last year it could have been possible, but they didn’t fight the new TD and FIA. Have you ever seen RB agreeing something that puts them way behind? F1 is politics, and Ferrari is the passenger.

Most certainly. The new rules favor teams with great aero departments, like 2009. 2014 teams with great engine departments did benefit. Guess what? Ferrari is never there at the end of the day. Last year it could have been possible, but they didn’t fight the new TD and FIA. Have you ever seen RB agreeing something that puts them way behind? F1 is politics, and Ferrari is the passenger.
    Stick to Indycar then?
    Forza Ferrari

Finally getting some of those Red Bull engineers

https://scuderiafans.com/ex-red-bull...-with-ferrari/

I hope he has plenty of RB knowledge and knows how to apply it.

Forza Jules

Stick to Indycar then?
    Will watch Indy 500 for sure. Am I allowed? Not everyone is happy about RB being +1 second quicker than us like you.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 29th May 2023 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I hope he has plenty of RB knowledge and knows how to apply it.
    But the big names don’t seem to be on the way to us.

Will watch Indy 500 for sure. Am I allowed? Not everyone is happy about RB being +1 second quicker than us like you.
    Since everything about Ferrari and F1 makes you unhappy then finding a new sport to follow sure would make sense.

Again don't make up things about me.
    Forza Ferrari

When Monaco wasn't the problem?
    Even back in the day when the cars were small and agile no one could overtake. We all know that as a race track it doesn't deserve to be on the calendar, but it's there for the glamour.