Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That would be an interesting comparison but no doubt it goes outside the FIA rulebook!
    Crash tests are completed. The only change is in the top rollbar and the floor. If they pass the crash tests again, easy since they did last year, they can do it. But...

Ferrari with soo much money are useless. They even cannot develop a competitive car. Year after year they develop a mediocre car a& for the second year running they have engine problems. They only know to fire people, nothing else. They hv forgotten to develop a race car. I have lost hope in teams such as Ferrari & McLaren they can never develop a race which can win races. I appreciate teams such as Redbull & Mercedes. St least they can develop a competitive race with the money they have.

The engine isn't even that good. Not special enough to hide deficiencies everywhere else. The best engine on the grid might now be worth a tenth compared to the second best. Great aero is worth a second lol

I was just saying Ferrari being a rich company with vast resources they can only develop a mediocre car. Redbull & Mercedes are better bcoz they put good use of their money & develop a competitive race car, unlike Ferrari which need some excuse for the car not being competitive, but rather the company & its politics are the real problem. Lets see after the new regulation with the addition of Audi what the situation will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    The engine isn't even that good. Not special enough to hide deficiencies everywhere else. The best engine on the grid might now be worth a tenth compared to the second best. Great aero is worth a second lol
    Last edited by mihirshah28186; 2nd April 2023 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    I was just saying Ferrari being a rich company with vast resources they can only develop a mediocre car. Redbull & Mercedes are better bcoz they put good use of their money & develop a competitive race car, unlike Ferrari which need some excuse for the car not being competitive, but rather the company & its politics are the real problem. Lets see after the new regulation with the addition of Audi what the situation will be.
    With current CEO and people in the team it won't get any better

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    We'll surely be behind Audi.
    Look what happened to Ducati when Audi bought the company, they are now the benchmark in MotoGP.
    It goes to show the determination of Audi, it will be no different in F1.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...osse/10453658/

Ferrari will bring upgrades in 3 stages:
    - diffuser in Baku
    - rear suspension in Imola
    - sidepods in Spain

We should give Newey everything he wants to join us, maybe he would like to work on a street car project?

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    With current CEO and people in the team it won't get any better
    Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    We should give Newey everything he wants to join us, maybe he would like to work on a street car project?
    Perhaps allow him to work mostly remotely from the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Whatever it takes!

We should break the budgetcap. Then get a slap on the wrist kind of punishment. The gains are obvious now

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    We should break the budgetcap. Then get a slap on the wrist kind of punishment. The gains are obvious now
    We wouldnt get a slap on the wrist. We'd get an unprecedented punishment like expulsion from the championship and wind tunnel time cut to 10 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Even Newey wouldn't win titles with the current team structure. Elkann and Vigna would still poke their nose everywhere, something Newey would never tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    I'm pretty sure Newey is on the way toward retiring sooner than we might think. We should be aggressively pursuing his students or begin the long process of identifying a genius similar to Newey.

Finding another Newey like finding a needle in a haystack.Some times it might be right under your nose,at ferrari it could even be the quiet coffee guy who does the rounds at maranello you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I'm pretty sure Newey is on the way toward retiring sooner than we might think. We should be aggressively pursuing his students or begin the long process of identifying a genius similar to Newey.
    Those "students" or predecessors of Newey have moved onto other existing teams within the U.K. to include from Mercedes.

AMRF1 picked up some good quality engineers.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Those "students" or predecessors of Newey have moved onto other existing teams within the U.K. to include from Mercedes.

AMRF1 picked up some good quality engineers.
    Yeah they never come to Ferrari.....

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-eng...-red-bull-car/
    Forza Ferrari

Dont think Ferrari have run there engine on full power yet or they have tried and it is just shredding tyres and have just reduced the power.
    Going back a few years ago it was Ferrari or another team that had the same problem the found when running on full power it had a very small wheel spin when changing gear but it took them nearly half a season to find the problem but took just as long to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah they never come to Ferrari.....

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-eng...-red-bull-car/
    Oh great!!!......so Ferrari should see a turn-around then by next year(2024)?

I mean, if AMRF1 went from 7th place last year to 2nd or 3rd this year because of Eric Blandin(Mercedes) and Dan Fallows(RedBull), then surely we should see a surge in 2024 by Ferrari...no?

Oh great!!!......so Ferrari should see a turn-around then by next year(2024)?

I mean, if AMRF1 went from 7th place last year to 2nd or 3rd this year because of Eric Blandin(Mercedes) and Dan Fallows(RedBull), then surely we should see a surge in 2024 by Ferrari...no?
    Are they the only 2 engineers you know in F1 or something? Ferrari need to push to be 1st, not 2nd or 3rd as we can do that most years so not sure why you think these guys are some kind of holy grail.

Just gloss over the point that Ferrari can get people from other teams.
    Forza Ferrari

Are they the only 2 engineers you know in F1 or something? Ferrari need to push to be 1st, not 2nd or 3rd as we can do that most years so not sure why you think these guys are some kind of holy grail.

Just gloss over the point that Ferrari can get people from other teams.
    Thank-you for that great observation Captain Obvious. They may be personnel from other teams.......but they're not the best....or 2nd best....or 3rd best.

Mind you, AMRF1 are currently building a $200 million F1 facility with a wind tunnel.

Thank-you for that great observation Captain Obvious. They may be personnel from other teams.......but they're not the best....or 2nd best....or 3rd best.

Mind you, AMRF1 are currently building a $200 million F1 facility with a wind tunnel.
    How do you know how good they are? Oh you don't so you will make things up as per usual.

How much would it cost Ferrari to build their current facility and tunnel?
    Forza Ferrari

How do you know how good they are? Oh you don't so you will make things up as per usual.

I'm wishing Ferrari F1 the best in it's future endeavors.

Ferrari need to be numero uno coming 2nd 3rd or 4th is easy they need to crack the big time again.I believe that progress has been made and I expect a different ferrari next race and a totally different car performance in the 2nd half. There will not be a B spec car as stated by Frederick.Other teams won't stand still, either ferrari just needs to move faster with all innovative on the current car. I say finish the year with a bang and lay a solid foundation for next year moving foward,it would be a marvel if ferrari won this year nothing short of unbelievable, iam realistic and I don't see it, but what I can see is an almighty finish that will surprise all the teams, bar ferrari.

I agree actually, we don’t need to hire people just to hire them. We need the game changers, like in the past. But it seems Vasseur has the budget to go shopping, so hopefully he is able to identify the difference makers.

Nevertheless, we should at least consider a department in England, we are living in 2023, travelling and online meetings are not a problem in comparison to the 80s. But they will check this also and if there is a benefit, it should at least be an option. Doesn’t mean Ferrari will move the facilities out of Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    We wouldnt get a slap on the wrist. We'd get an unprecedented punishment like expulsion from the championship and wind tunnel time cut to 10 percent.
    F1 would not dare throw us off the F1 championship.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well all through the winter Ferrari kept flapping their gums that the new sf23 in the windtunnel is more than a second faster than the F175….blah, blah, blah…. And come to these first two races we’re the ONLY team that has NOT improved at all compared to 2022.

But in reality due to the never ending correlation issues Ferrari has had for years between wind tunnel and actual track data we seem to have ONLY improved very little if anything.

And they spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money upgranding to new state of the art wind tunnel this and that…..YET we still are mediocre at this compared to red bull……SUCH A SHAME
    Perhaps its fair to conclude that it's not the tool that's the problem...
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I am hopeful we can turn this round with upgrades.
    I am hoping that a change of management in a no nonsense Frenchman will change the culture to" we can do this" instead of "we are working on next years' car"......................
    If we continue to bring upgrades there's a chance we can compete.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 13th April 2023 at 21:57.

Forza Jules

The problem is not with the wind tunnel correlation. Problem is with Ferrari it self. How many good engineers are there at Ferrari. If Ferrari does not finish first then they are fired and the never ending politics!!!! Also is Ferrari running the engines at 100%, I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post