Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

FB_IMG_1680112853515.jpg

How the hell we're the only team that has the same pace as last year, when all the others have improved.
    How much imcompetent are those guys at the factory?
    I think it's time Ferrari act true to their logo and start running an actual stable, but then again they might fail at that too.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    FB_IMG_1680112853515.jpg

How the hell we're the only team that has the same pace as last year, when all the others have improved.
    I think it's time Ferrari act true to their logo and start running an actual stable, but then again they might fail at that too.
    Well all through the winter Ferrari kept flapping their gums that the new sf23 in the windtunnel is more than a second faster than the F175….blah, blah, blah…. And come to these first two races we’re the ONLY team that has NOT improved at all compared to 2022.

But in reality due to the never ending correlation issues Ferrari has had for years between wind tunnel and actual track data we seem to have ONLY improved very little if anything.

And they spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money upgranding to new state of the art wind tunnel this and that…..YET we still are mediocre at this compared to red bull……SUCH A SHAME

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Not exactly.
    TD39 did nothing in the floor height. Also did nothing about flexibility.
    All it did, was to introduce 2 key measures. Lateral acceleration, to measure the forces from porpoising and plank wear.

The fact is that teams increased the ride height for ANY of these measures (My guess is that Ferrari was hit by both of them).

The floor height increased by 15mm THIS year. And only at the edges of the floor.

Now, regarding the rumous about the silent deactivation of TD39. The rumours are not a boy the plank, but for the AOM sensor. So, Ferrari cannot re-introduce the same trick, simply because running the car lower will trim the plank.
    It exactly did what I wrote. It raised the floor height. TD39 is all about measuring the oscillations of the floor, if the car exceeds the FIA defined set value, then ride height of the car must be raised. All the teams had to raise the ride height since the FIA was no longer relying on sensor data from the teams but their own.

Ferrari's trick was to run the car lower without causing any wear on the planks. Because of the TD39, additional measurement positions were also introduced. Only a few millimeters of flex is allowed, anything more means the car is illegal.

It was no coincidence that the car lost heaps of performance since SPA last year and yet to show genuine race winning pace ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    FB_IMG_1680112853515.jpg

They are lacking the experience of a title winning technical mind. Plus the team culture also plays a part. Red Bull, whether they are winning or not, always look united. Not a single people from their energy drink factory or corporate office pokes their nose in team affair. No politics, no clash of egos, nothing.

Ferrari, just like every other major Italian sports team, run like a mafia organization. That's why all of them are failing.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    They are lacking the experience of a title winning technical mind. Plus the team culture also plays a part. Red Bull, whether they are winning or not, always look united. Not a single people from their energy drink factory or corporate office pokes their nose in team affair. No politics, no clash of egos, nothing.

Ferrari, just like every other major Italian sports team, run like a mafia organization. That's why all of them are failing.
    The Mafia is failing?

A little harsh mate bringing ferrari in line with other italian sports where Italy are doing really well.As for the Mafia thats just silly talk.I except they probably got it wrong and this this it will be a hit and miss season and yes probably no championships but let's keep the forum solely on ferrari.

Until the jobs for the boys is removed and mostly the hiring of italians iam afraid to say that ferrari will never win again ,you need a blend of talent from all walks of life so many light bulb moments can be shared ,that's why ferrari will remain in the dark for many years to come.I truely hope they prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Until the jobs for the boys is removed and mostly the hiring of italians iam afraid to say that ferrari will never win again ,you need a blend of talent from all walks of life so many light bulb moments can be shared ,that's why ferrari will remain in the dark for many years to come.I truely hope they prove me wrong.
    I would point out that there are other nationalities involved with the F1 team, so claiming that Italians can't be just as effective is a bit unkind. The Italian media and the tifosi are super-critical and this does nothing but cause further angst, so let's pray that the upcoming upgrades will actually be upgrades and not the usual flannel.

I hope so also in every way the ball is firmly in Ferraris court and the eyes of the media are firmly fixed, its pressure 100% but that's expected at ferrari any thing less than winning is a failure and yes they will get beaten up over the result.Sad but true.

A little harsh mate bringing ferrari in line with other italian sports where Italy are doing really well.As for the Mafia thats just silly talk.I except they probably got it wrong and this this it will be a hit and miss season and yes probably no championships but let's keep the forum solely on ferrari.
    It's true though. Agnelli family runs Ferrari like their personal commodity. Elkann and Vigna poke their nose everywhere. All the decision made by them.
    Quite unhealthy atmosphere when incapable and unqualified people make all the important decisions.

And Italy doing well? Please. Serie A used to be one of the top leagues in europe but not anymore. AC and Inter Millan are no longer the giant they used to be. Juventus pouring money but can't win the CL.
    And Italy as a country is hardly doing anything worthwhile. Declining birthrate, recession is everyday story. And the country itself is one of hardest place on earth for any foreigners to settle well.

No wonder why Ferrari can't attract any big technical names anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I would point out that there are other nationalities involved with the F1 team, so claiming that Italians can't be just as effective is a bit unkind. The Italian media and the tifosi are super-critical and this does nothing but cause further angst, so let's pray that the upcoming upgrades will actually be upgrades and not the usual flannel.
    When was the last time Ferrari outdeveloped RB or Mercedes? Cause I can't remember.

I don't have any hopes for these so called upgrades. It may help leapfrog AM and Mercedes, but that's already a big question mark. But Ferrari are not going to catch or beat RB, they are not capable of it.

When was the last time Ferrari outdeveloped RB or Mercedes? Cause I can't remember.

I don't have any hopes for these so called upgrades. It may help leapfrog AM and Mercedes, but that's already a big question mark. But Ferrari are not going to catch or beat RB, they are not capable of it.
    i'll tell you when....but back then it was not Merc or red bull....it was Mclaren....and it was 2007-2008.....that's right, back when there used to be UNLIMITED IN SEASON TESTING......enough said

Enzo Ferrari was born in Modena passed away in Maranello Italy! F-1 Ferrari is at home in Italy and Italy alone ! Unless they can move all they have to the USA; they should and I'm sure will stay home! Just for the food alone it's worth them staying there!

Love holidaying and staying in Italy passion food women and beauty Go Italy and the knocker stay right where you are mate Italy does not want people like you,besides you would fail the character and entrance exam.����

Love holidaying and staying in Italy passion food women and beauty Go Italy and the knocker stay right where you are mate Italy does not want people like you,besides you would fail the character and entrance exam.����
    No one gives entrance exam in order to enter a country Paolo. Didn't they teach you anything at school?
    I guess not. Otherwise you'd know how to properly articulate a sentence and the proper use of full stop, comma etc.

No updates in Melbourne.
    Maybe the rumours for a departure from the concept are true.

No updates in Melbourne.
    Maybe the rumours for a departure from the concept are true.
    Their goal should be finding the perfect ride height like the RB. So they can go as low as possible without any encountering any oscillations. They need to get their own concept right rather than copy pasting RB.

Generally, I agree. However, every concept has it's limitations.
    Back in the early 2000, every team was copying Ferrari or McLaren. But it was clear than the narrow nose was better (Renault adopted it IIRC)

They don't get posted here as much as they used to, so I'm putting down a few here.
    SF23, Australian GP Friday Practice

Out-developed no, but at the start of 2022 we had the best car in the F1-75, so the Italians didn't get everything wrong, they just couldn't get it back together after reliability/strategy/TD39 pulled the rug from under our feet. I actually do have hopes for any upgrades, but probably too little too late by Imola.

Wow, shame looks aren't everything, this car looks stunning. Sadly it more like 1991 or 1995 with a stunning car to look at (and hear in the 90's) but we'll off the top pace

Reports says we are working on Sidepods. RB kind of evolution expected.

Imo we don’t. I can’t remember when was the last time we introduced really big updates in decades.

I wonder if it would be possible to bring back F1-75 with a modified floor until they figure out what to do next.
    I mean it was faster than Mercedes, for sure.
    Something like the MP4/17D that almost got them the WDC.

I wonder if it would be possible to bring back F1-75 with a modified floor until they figure out what to do next.
    It would have been possible if we are talking about Mercedes or Redbull.

In Ferrari F1 Team ? - No

If we failed at the beginning we are doomed to the end.

We are doomed in the end even we started good… anyway…

It would be a great idea if it's possible.

Forza Jules

That would be an interesting comparison but no doubt it goes outside the FIA rulebook!

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Reports says we are working on Sidepods. RB kind of evolution expected.

Imo we don’t. I can’t remember when was the last time we introduced really big updates in decades.
    Sidepods are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The most important aspects are the floor and the suspension.

The RB has the perfect ride height. It runs low and has the best venturi effect. Ferrari's goal should be all about improving the floor and achieve the most optimum venturi effect.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Wow, shame looks aren't everything, this car looks stunning. Sadly it more like 1991 or 1995 with a stunning car to look at (and hear in the 90's) but we'll off the top pace
    Beat me to it! What a beautiful looking machine - but heart-breaking that my 2.0L oil-burner's probably quicker!
    Trying to be less angry..

Sidepods are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The most important aspects are the floor and the suspension.

The RB has the perfect ride height. It runs low and has the best venturi effect. Ferrari's goal should be all about improving the floor and achieve the most optimum venturi effect.
    The engine H P wise counts also. Esp. if it gets pushed to win!

The car is useless, we can’t even compete with AM and Mercedes.