Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So it seems Gino Rosato was identified as one of the leakers at Ferrari. He's no longer in the team, hopefully the leaks will stop now.
    Never understood why Ferrari hired him tbh. He isn't an engineer, so him being promoted to senior position always felt weird to me. And if he actually was the leaker then good riddance.

why didn't TD39 hurt red bull

are yall saying that what's stopping us from running our car lower is that we'd porpoise too much and violate that? No one has said anything like this.

i mean if our concept was any good, we'd be able to run it lower and not porpoise just like the red bull no?

i'm disappointed Ferrari doesn't have anyone that remembers how to build ground effect and they missed this porpoise

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    why didn't TD39 hurt red bull

are yall saying that what's stopping us from running our car lower is that we'd porpoise too much and violate that? No one has said anything like this.

i mean if our concept was any good, we'd be able to run it lower and not porpoise just like the red bull no?

i'm disappointed Ferrari doesn't have anyone that remembers how to build ground effect and they missed this porpoise
    because they didn't attack their concept

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    because they didn't attack their concept
    what was our concept? go fast while bouncing?

you didn't really give me an answer

the only hope for this season is if a new floor fixes it so we can run lower the way the car was intended, the way Red Bull do, in theory that could unlock the second a lap we're missing, if the sim is right, if it's completely wrong, then all hope is lost

If Ferrari are going to use a Red Bull inspired concept next year, perhaps launching a B-spec will be give them more information and testing time on development for the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So it seems Gino Rosato was identified as one of the leakers at Ferrari. He's no longer in the team, hopefully the leaks will stop now.
    Source?
    And who the he'll was he?

F1 | Ferrari: new rear suspension on the way amid SF-23 set-up solutions

Link: https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-...-up-solutions/

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

We had exactly the same story last season, with no new suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We had exactly the same story last season, with no new suspension
    Testing & testing → not applying → fast fwd to next year → Binotto mentality

Vasseur is a different character and hopefully has a different approach

We wait and hope

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

Just like the mythical "New floor" a few years back.
    No way to make a new suspension with the budget cap in place

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Source?
    And who the he'll was he?
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-rumor-gi...tion-to-media/

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Testing & testing → not applying → fast fwd to next year → Binotto mentality
    It's hard to bring concepts to fruition if your simulator is not working probably. It's hard to tell which solution will work when you're not being given the right feedback.

It seems Ferrari is back to this issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Just like the mythical "New floor" a few years back.
    No way to make a new suspension with the budget cap in place
    I thought it was the front suspension causing problems?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Gino Rossato is not even good enough to make pasta sauce a big mouth with no engineering back ground just a squealer he learnt that his time at ferrari was closing and like a true rat started leaking sensative ferrari information.chaio Gino bocca Grande.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Gino Rossato is not even good enough to make pasta sauce a big mouth with no engineering back ground just a squealer he learnt that his time at ferrari was closing and like a true rat started leaking sensative ferrari information.chaio Gino bocca Grande.
    And this is the guy Luca sent to Newey, to convince him to join Ferrari. Let's just say, Newey wasn't impressed with Rossato's sell pitch. It also soured his perception of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    what was our concept? go fast while bouncing?

you didn't really give me an answer
    Our concept was to run the car as low as possible, aka almost no ground clearance. Running the car low on the straight means some of the downforce was turning into porpoising.
    TD39 raised the floor height and stopped flexing of the floor aka porpoising. So Ferrari couldn't run the car as low as before and lost heaps of performance.

But I don't think the TD39 excuse is going to fly with this year's car. The stopped developing the F1-75 after France and pulled all resources on developing the SF23. And the end result is a car that not even that faster than its predecessor over the race distance.

Stopped developing the car after French GP? why have you made that up?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Stopped developing the car after French GP? why have you made that up?
    Cause there was no new parts on the car after French GP? Ferrari brought an updated floor in France, after than I haven't seen anything new on the car.

But feel free to prove me otherwise. Who knows, I may have missed some updates that had been brought after France.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Our concept was to run the car as low as possible, aka almost no ground clearance. Running the car low on the straight means some of the downforce was turning into porpoising.
    TD39 raised the floor height and stopped flexing of the floor aka porpoising. So Ferrari couldn't run the car as low as before and lost heaps of performance.

But I don't think the TD39 excuse is going to fly with this year's car. The stopped developing the F1-75 after France and pulled all resources on developing the SF23. And the end result is a car that not even that faster than its predecessor over the race distance.
    I want to believe the TD39 excuse, just no one has explained it to me correctly. Agreed, last year I can understand, our floor was also flexing, which they put an end to. And I'm not an idiot, if you give me a good technical explanation, I'll be able to understand it. (not you specifically, anyone anywhere, i just haven't heard enough to make me believe )

I am of the opinion that it is the FIA responsibility of fixing the wrongs of the effect of TD39. Ferrari is suffering the most. Now teams have to rely more on surface downforce instead of downforce created by the floor. This brings back dirty air and

prevent passing from which the new rules were created. Instead of asking Mercedes to raise their freaking car they brought down all the other teams with a concept different from Red Bull. Red Bull is the only team that didn't porpoise and have special

way of bending their floor that was not affected by TD39. The same way they were bending their rear wing in 2021, they have special ways of circumventing the spirit of the rules. But now TD 39 put the finger on the scale and it MUST be fixed or else

F1 WILL lose fans and will have an era of domination like the Vettel era.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Cause there was no new parts on the car after French GP? Ferrari brought an updated floor in France, after than I haven't seen anything new on the car.

But feel free to prove me otherwise. Who knows, I may have missed some updates that had been brought after France.
    https://scuderiafans.com/all-teams-u...22-belgian-gp/

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-new...n-gp-at-monza/

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-to-...1-japanese-gp/
    Forza Ferrari

We need to do what Toto and RB do all the time if something doesn’t go their way. We need to push for change of TD039.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    We need to do what Toto and RB do all the time if something doesn’t go their way. We need to push for change of TD039.
    We do but we wont

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We do but we wont
    Vasseur may have more to say than previous TPs

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=Greig;1077144]https://scuderiafans.com/all-teams-u...22-belgian-gp/ [QUOTE]

Track specific modifications, not upgrades. Low DF wings for SPA and Monza.

Speculations. There was no new floor in Japan. It was the same one they used in France. I posted pics in last year's F1-75 discussion thread, you can also go to F1technical and dig up some old posts. The floor was the same.

And Binotto himself said that Ferrari stopped developing the car after France. Source: https://www.marca.com/en/f1/2023/01/...94e8b4591.html

Apparently TD39 has been already removed

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...fia-/10448664/

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Apparently TD39 has been already removed

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...fia-/10448664/
    Not sure if it also means the floor flex is allowed again.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Not sure if it also means the floor flex is allowed again.
    If it's true, it is going to be a game changer for the season. Now lower those damn cars and let the game begin.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    If it's true, it is going to be a game changer for the season. Now lower those damn cars and let the game begin.
    If true, hopefully we could incorporate our floor ideas from last year into this car, but I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think it would be that simple. Time will tell.

https://twitter.com/fastestpitstop/s...nfW2rHkxMe65xg
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    It doesn’t change much with this year car (ferrari)