Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Heritage is worthless without winning. Only losers rest on the laurels of the past.

That isn't the worry. The worry is the apparent inability of Ferrari to attract talented engineers. The desire to gut the operation stems from the perceived lack of talent in the engineering office - the results speak to that lack. Why is the glut occurring? My personal opinion is that it is difficult is not impossible to attract high quality engineers to come to Ferrari because they don't want to live in Maranello, Italy.

People would, in fact, love to work for Ferrari, just not in the middle of nowhere northern Italy. It's the same reason you won't find any large engineering firms in the middle of Wyoming or Alaska.

Asking to prove a negative. We don't have a list of rank and file engineering Ferrari has approached, do we? And you don't either so you can't prove this isn't the case.

Show me the list of international Engineers sending resumes to Ferrari.

I think no one knows who or how many talented engineers and employees Ferrari has attracted. You guys are basing this theory that no one will relocate based on one prominent person not coming to Ferrari.
    Ferrari has hundreds of people working at their facilities. I'm pretty sure some of them have relocated and some of them might even be of high quality.

Modena/Maranello is not really in the middle of nowhere. The hub of Italian industry is pretty much right in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think no one knows who or how many talented engineers and employees Ferrari has attracted. You guys are basing this theory that no one will relocate based on one prominent person not coming to Ferrari.
    Ferrari has hundreds of people working at their facilities. I'm pretty sure some of them have relocated and some of them might even be of high quality.

Modena/Maranello is not really in the middle of nowhere. The hub of Italian industry is pretty much right in that area.
    Again, my theory is based on interactions with countless engineers. I deal with clients from France, England, Japan, and Italy. They all have on-board engineers: mechanical, electrical, chemical, process, automation etc. When dealing with companies in France and England I speak with engineers from all over Europe. When speaking with our English clients, they are from Europe, the US and Asia. When speaking with Italian clients, there appear to be no international engineers. When I speak with Engineers here in the states, the ones who have worked overseas will mention UAE and England... maybe Asia. Never Italy. We hired a new Architect a couple years ago. Born in Poland, went to school in Germany, licensed in Ireland, worked in China, Austria and France as well. I just asked her why never Italy? The answer was simple, "no one wants to work in Italy, only vacation there" This is the response of a European trained Architect, not one from the US. If you can only pull employees from a local pool your selection is limited and you may not be getting the "cream of the crop".

I don't know if it is in fact the case with Ferrari, my opinion is that it could very well be. If it appears to apply to other Engineering disciplines, why not the automotive ones?

Well, they're not the best and haven't been for the past 15years.

Again, the cycle of team principals and new personnel at Ferrari F1 have been numerous in the past 15 years compared to Mercedes or RedBull.

Personnel get recycled amongst the teams in the UK.....especially at Mercedes and RedBull where the cream of the crop gravitate too.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I don't believe Ferrari is lacking in the technical department.

Ferrari may not have won last year but they beat every other UK based team. If not for TD39, the F1-75 would have probably been a lot more competitive as well.

As mentioned, Ferrari's long-term traditional rival Mclaren has been nowhere in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, they're not the best and haven't been for the past 15years.

Again, the cycle of team principals and new personnel at Ferrari F1 have been numerous in the past 15 years compared to Mercedes or RedBull.

Personnel get recycled amongst the teams in the UK.....especially at Mercedes and RedBull where the cream of the crop gravitate too.

Well, looking at where Merc are right now, how's the employee recycling working for them?
    Maybe moving workers from McLaren to Williams to Merc to Red Bull isn't all that.
    Red Bull have Newey and AM have a Newey protege. Not sure how good the rest are.
    The F1-75 was a pretty good car, someone at Ferrari built it. The engine is one of the best, someone at Ferrari built that and I'm sure someone at Ferrari will figure out the reliability.
    I'm pretty sure we have some good people and they'll be able to figure out the SF23.

And I'm pretty sure Ferrari are constantly recruiting new people. Binotto said as much last year, that they've recruited people from some of the top teams... Ferrari just don't advertise it.

Maybe everything isn’t upside down at Ferrari right now? An internal leak playing politics and trying to create unrest? if true, I’d say it’s the same person tampering with Leclerc’s PU.

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...R-i-Vo6jTURRWQ
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Well, looking at where Merc are right now, how's the employee recycling working for them?
    Maybe moving workers from McLaren to Williams to Merc to Red Bull isn't all that.
    Red Bull have Newey and AM have a Newey protege. Not sure how good the rest are.
    The F1-75 was a pretty good car, someone at Ferrari built it. The engine is one of the best, someone at Ferrari built that and I'm sure someone at Ferrari will figure out the reliability.
    I'm pretty sure we have some good people and they'll be able to figure out the SF23.

And I'm pretty sure Ferrari are constantly recruiting new people. Binotto said as much last year, that they've recruited people from some of the top teams... Ferrari just don't advertise it.
    We need the great talents, there is a reason why RB is so good. Newey. We once had the best people, Brawn, Todt, Byrne, Costa, Allison. We will get there again. No doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    We need the great talents, there is a reason why RB is so good. Newey. We once had the best people, Brawn, Todt, Byrne, Costa, Allison. We will get there again. No doubt in my mind.
    Well Newey is not coming. Maybe Fallows might come over after he's fed up with Stroll. But would any of the other aero/engine guys be any better from other teams that are behind us in performance than what we already have?

Well Newey is not coming. Maybe Fallows might come over after he's fed up with Stroll. But would any of the other aero/engine guys be any better from other teams that are behind us in performance than what we already have?
    Lower level designers who are under the likes of someone like Newey or Allison, who can bring the design patterns being used at the likes Red Bull with them.

Everybody bellow Newey at Red Bull is exactly a household name, after all. But if you pay them enough money for a more senior position, they'll bring the knowledge they have to Ferrari with them to the latter's design department.

Well the forum is very much alive,that's great to see.As fans we can only sumise what goes on at ferrari.Only ferrari know what's going on.Forget all the gossip. Always remember when one pope dies another is anointed,the same with ferrari personal.I expect a different race from ferrari this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe everything isn’t upside down at Ferrari right now? An internal leak playing politics and trying to create unrest? if true, I’d say it’s the same person tampering with Leclerc’s PU.

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...R-i-Vo6jTURRWQ
    There are leaks in every team.
    But, how do you deal with those kinds of people? Or, do you learn to live with them?

I wish Newey would join the Scuderia and end his career with us.
    But, that won't happen - given how ludicrous Montezemolo's offers were.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Well the forum is very much alive,that's great to see.As fans we can only sumise what goes on at ferrari.Only ferrari know what's going on.Forget all the gossip. Always remember when one pope dies another is anointed,the same with ferrari personal.I expect a different race from ferrari this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Lower level designers who are under the likes of someone like Newey or Allison, who can bring the design patterns being used at the likes Red Bull with them.

Everybody bellow Newey at Red Bull is exactly a household name, after all. But if you pay them enough money for a more senior position, they'll bring the knowledge they have to Ferrari with them to the latter's design department.
    Well apparently Tondi is going to be helped in the aero dept with some new Red Bull hires. So there.

Great to see Brits and italians working together.

Easy. Let's run a poll on this forum with the following questions. Would you relocate to England for a job similar to your current one? Would you relocate to Italy?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who did we fire?
    Not sure whether we lost them or fired them, which is why I typed "losing/firing". You should base your question on what I said rather than what you want to see. If you did, you would have asked, "Who did we lose/fire?"
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    All the report say the Ferrari/ Vasseur were blindsided by the resignation.
    Until we have more roumors/news we can safely say that Sanchez left on its own.

I find it difficult to get any of the other ppl mentioned back without gardening leave, or something similar.
    I disgress. Alk the rerports say that this was planned.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

2nd race of the season 2 engines used on both cars...
    So much for the reliability...

This car is a lemon. And the team, reminds me the Ferrari from the 80s

There is no blindside sanchez left before he was hung out to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    There is no blindside sanchez left before he was hung out to dry.
    It’s amazing that he still gets a job in F1 after being responsible for such a car.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    2nd race of the season 2 engines used on both cars...
    So much for the reliability...

This car is a lemon. And the team, reminds me the Ferrari from the 80s
    So will we have another Schumacher to bring us out of the doldrums or is Charles with Vasseur the man? Sound like it will take a few years to build the team just like it did in 96-2000.

Forza Jules

IF Vaseur is able to cut out the CEO, possibly. We also need some some technical lead...

[Piergiuseppe Donadoni] There. Simply, the SF-23 is slow. Very slow. Behind a car, the Mercedes W14, that was openly declared to be wrong and in need of a rebuild. Last year the TD39 had not affected the F1-75. This year there are no correlation/other problems. Come on.
    https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/statu...24358011731968

[Giuliano Duchessa] Currently RedBull in race is in condition to give 1 sec to Alonso, 1.3 secs to everyone else. Mercedes did not get improvement, Ferrari even regressed, now has + hp available but lost huge % load and it showed on hard (like Bahrain)

https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...C9gaXZ0rktAAAA

Good lord this car is a ****ing mess

Thanks for posting this. Confirms my suspicions by people more in the know than me but even so, good to hear in a weird way.

basically .....
    Last edited by stasera; 19th March 2023 at 20:52.

Would a F1-75B perhaps have better performance?

Just close this Thread.

The Car born dead.

So will we switch to a different concept? What is the plan? Do we even have a plan? RB is lightyears away!

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    So will we switch to a different concept? What is the plan? Do we even have a plan? RB is lightyears away!
    Of course not. We’ll insist on this concept and we’ll become mid field team. Again