Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You are entitled to your OWN opinion.....

I guess Ferrari going to IndyCar(1985) isn't worth talking about either since it was under Enzo's leadership then?
    It's not an opinion that we tried to sign him twice for the F1 team, and did Ferrari's indycar projects ever happen? So no they are not worth talking about as they were only ever political tools.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Very easy to rally the team around with capable people. Schumi had Todt, Brawn and Rory. Todt kept the team away from all the nonsense of Italian politics and success followed suit.

Alonso, who was on his prime and who was by far the best driver of F1 in 2010-2014, struggled with the "rallying" part. Only Alonso could fight for the title with a car like the F2012, but in his 5 years tenure at Ferrari, he never enjoyed any great cars.

So it is very hard for Charles to replicate what Schumacher did. This team is in a mess, and why wouldn't it be, when people like Elkann and Vigna, two unqualified people who only inherited their position because of family ties, are making all the decisions.

Schumi didnt have Brawn and Rory at first. He insisted Ferrari hire them.
    And how do we know that Charles meeting with Elkan wasn't about him demanding that Elkan allow Vasseur to run the team with full authority and bring in the people he wants?
    Apparently Charles likes Vasseur, so why wouldn't he support him?
    When has Alnoso ever built a team around himself. Hes moved from team to team and often leaves with bad blood behind him, so dont really know of any time he brought people into a team to support him like Schumi did.
    I'd like to see Charles, Vasseur and whoever is left to build a team that can win. There will be people out there who will take up the challenge, especially if they can count on Charles.sticking around for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Schumi didnt have Brawn and Rory at first. He insisted Ferrari hire them.
    And how do we know that Charles meeting with Elkan wasn't about him demanding that Elkan allow Vasseur to run the team with full authority and bring in the people he wants?
    Apparently Charles likes Vasseur, so why wouldn't he support him?
    When has Alnoso ever built a team around himself. Hes moved from team to team and often leaves with bad blood behind him, so dont really know of any time he brought people into a team to support him like Schumi did.
    I'd like to see Charles, Vasseur and whoever is left to build a team that can win. There will be people out there who will take up the challenge, especially if they can count on Charles.sticking around for the long term.
    This is the way to go. Vasseur + Charles + ??? We will see in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    James spent 8 years at Ferrari over his 2 times at the team, so it's not really a good example of talent not wanting to come to Ferrari.
    Au contraire,
    It is a perfect example. Ferrari CAN attract big names if they work harder and they managed to counterbalance the disadvantages of being in Italy, but when those expatriated are the hardest to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Name some great and awesome talent that has said no to Ferrari other than Newey please?
    Could you name a great and awesome talent that said Yes to Ferrari last 10 years and has delivered?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Could you name a great and awesome talent that said Yes to Ferrari last 10 years and has delivered?
    Charles Leclerc

Bit of a pointless retort though unless you know who Ferrari have approached?
    Forza Ferrari

I don't know who things will turn out, but right now looks so ominous!!!! Can't really see any good scenario coming out of this storm that has hit the team!!!
    Don't know what is really happening but I have the feeling that the head of the company (Vigna- Elkann ) don't really care for the racing picture of the team but more to establish themselves as the absolute leaders that they have the absolute power an all others and that things will go on as the pleased. If this is true I'm afraid we will leave the worst years in out history!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I don't know who things will turn out, but right now looks so ominous!!!! Can't really see any good scenario coming out of this storm that has hit the team!!!
    Don't know what is really happening but I have the feeling that the head of the company (Vigna- Elkann ) don't really care for the racing picture of the team but more to establish themselves as the absolute leaders that they have the absolute power an all others and that things will go on as the pleased. If this is true I'm afraid we will leave the worst years in out history!!!
    Aston Martin is one of the most toxic teams regarding how Stroll runs this team, and they were able to recruit talented people. There is no reason why we won't be able to do the same. This is Ferrari, what a great opportunity to bring back glory. I wouldn't even think twice, and I am working in automotive in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Aston Martin is one of the most toxic teams regarding how Stroll runs this team, and they were able to recruit talented people. There is no reason why we won't be able to do the same. This is Ferrari, what a great opportunity to bring back glory. I wouldn't even think twice, and I am working in automotive in Germany.
    I haven't heard- read anything about that. But read A LOT about our team for years now.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

6A871C94-5EB1-402E-B516-6BA9FC82A7CE.jpeg

On a lighter note… it should have been posted on Sunday however here it is..

Don't know if i'm convinced enough, read below :

Frederic Vasseur, interviewed by Motorsport.com, gave his point of view regarding the disappointing result of the Bahrain Grand Prix. The Ferrari team principal analysed the situation with the concreteness and lucidity that have characterised his communication so far.
    "The project is not wrong: we have to work on it. Perhaps the Sakhir track highlighted our weaknesses, but now we know what to focus on. The basic concept of the SF-23 is not in question, I am convinced it is the configuration and some choices we have made on the set-up."
    The French manager is therefore convinced that the lacklustre performance and tyre management difficulties seen at Sakhir are linked not to a problem with the car's concept, but to the configuration chosen by the men from Maranello to tackle the race. The hope is that, by analysing the data collected in Bahrain and dealing with a more favourable track, such as that of Jeddah, most of the problems can be reduced from the next round.
    In relation to the reliability problems, on the other hand, Vasseur showed more apprehension, but at the moment it is not yet possible to draw conclusions with the available elements.
    "The most worrying aspect was Leclerc's retirement: we covered between 6,000 and 7,000 kilometres in testing and the Power Unit had previously run on the dyno without any problems. A few hours before the race there was a problem and we changed those components, but it is too early to give a detailed answer,' said the team principal.
    Making an overall balance and comparison with the rivals, the Cavallino team principal was nevertheless able to identify some positive aspects in the weekend just gone.
    "For sure, it's a shame not to finish the race with one of the two single-seaters. To sum up the situation I would say that on the fastest lap we are there, the performance is close to Red Bull and it is good to be at their level in qualifying. It was also good to see Charles able to stay in range in the first stint of the race: at that stage we were closer to Red Bull than to Aston Martin. Red Bull was then able to tackle the second stint on soft tyres, while we had to switch to hard tyres: part of the gap I think was also related to that. If we want to improve, the first problem today is reliability, because on this front we have to get to zero contingencies. As for the degradation problems, I don't have a crystal ball, but I hope it won't take too long, also because I am convinced that Mercedes will soon catch up.

Ph. Scuderia Ferrari Press Office Đ
    Drive it like you stole it!

Anyone seen the Titanic movie and the part when the ship is sinking and the violin and cello band still plays..........

Motorsport-Total.com reports that according to their Italian colleagues, Gino Rosato is no longer part of Scuderia Ferrari. The 50-year-old has worked (including breaks) for Ferrari since 1991, i.e. for more than 30 years.

more layoffs are coming in the coming weeks..............
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I just hope that whilst its clear that we're facing some tough times ahead with personel, That we at least have the right people to take these respective places.........
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    6A871C94-5EB1-402E-B516-6BA9FC82A7CE.jpeg

On a lighter note… it should have been posted on Sunday however here it is..
    very good it about sums up the situation.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    very good it about sums up the situation.
    But I don't find it amusing at all, just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Anyone seen the Titanic movie and the part when the ship is sinking and the violin and cello band still plays..........

Motorsport-Total.com reports that according to their Italian colleagues, Gino Rosato is no longer part of Scuderia Ferrari. The 50-year-old has worked (including breaks) for Ferrari since 1991, i.e. for more than 30 years.

more layoffs are coming in the coming weeks..............
    He left a month ago did he not? Not an engineer was more management.
    Forza Ferrari

With new teams coming into F1, it won't surprise me that lots of personnel from many teams will be moving around.

F1AT reports that Vasseur- Vigna brawl is fake and that he has the full confidence and support like the Todt years,to rebuilt the team. Lets say that we belieave that, who (technicians) could he bring in ??? All the "good" names on the grid are on RedBull- Merc OR they went to Aston Martin !!!!
    Fred Vasseur scans and responds directly to the rumours: “Resources and decision-making power at Ferrari that I have never had elsewhere! ŧ
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    F1AT reports that Vasseur- Vigna brawl is fake and that he has the full confidence and support like the Todt years,to rebuilt the team. Lets say that we belieave that, who (technicians) could he bring in ??? All the "good" names on the grid are on RedBull- Merc OR they went to Aston Martin !!!!
    Tondi gets the Sanchez role, plus support from two former RB engineers. So much for that, that nobody wants to move to Italy.

https://t.co/PeuV6FRrmS

Off topic:

It seems that I get an error when I’m using this web site forum at home and only when I’m on the internet provider (for anyone in Canada is Rogers).
    But if I’m using a hot spot off my cell phone which uses a different provider it’s fine, I can surf the form with NO issues.

Also FWIF at work also am able to use and surf this for WITOUT ANY ISSUES either…

So does anyone know what the issue may be that I’m NOT able to surf this web site at home on my regular internet provider??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Off topic:

It seems that I get an error when I’m using this web site forum at home and only when I’m on the internet provider (for anyone in Canada is Rogers).
    But if I’m using a hot spot off my cell phone which uses a different provider it’s fine, I can surf the form with NO issues.

Also FWIF at work also am able to use and surf this for WITOUT ANY ISSUES either…

So does anyone know what the issue may be that I’m NOT able to surf this web site at home on my regular internet provider??

Thanks
    Might be a DNS issue.

You might try flushing out your DNS, or if you don't want to mess with any of your router settings, use one of the free VPN's to get around whatever your ISP is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Might be a DNS issue.

You might try flushing out your DNS, or if you don't want to mess with any of your router settings, use one of the free VPN's to get around whatever your ISP is doing.
    but it's ONLY doing on this particular web site and with this particular internet provider..

yeah, don't knwo if i want to mess with the router settings NOR am i super IT computer litterate to know how to do taht....LOL

any safer way of getting this forum website to work properly again on my said net provider??

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    Sadly, one of the best example is James Allison. He only stayed 2-3 seasons and then moved back to England after the death of his wife. Working for Ferrari, in Italy, is a huge commitment for non Italian engineers and I am sure this is not an advantage for the scuderia. Indeed, there is a F1 " Silicone Valley" in the UK where the best engineers are and Ferrari is completely disconnected to it.

Ferrari must offer a perfect environment to be able to convince engineer to come, the name "Ferrari" is not enough. But when you spend most of your time beheading you technical stuff and almost bullying your employees, this, indeed, drives people away. Ferrari needs stability to convince non Italians to come.
    Davis and Wilsdorf started Rolex in London but they moved their watch manufacturing to Geneva because that was the epicenter of high end watch design. Building high quality time pieces in England wasn't going to happen. I understand that Ferrari is an Italian team, but you have to go to where the talent in your industry is. As of late, sadly, that does not appear to be Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Davis and Wilsdorf started Rolex in London but they moved their watch manufacturing to Geneva because that was the epicenter of high end watch design. Building high quality time pieces in England wasn't going to happen. I understand that Ferrari is an Italian team, but you have to go to where the talent in your industry is. As of late, sadly, that does not appear to be Italy.
    So according to you, Ferrari should have never been as fast as last year in the first place. The reality is, only one team is superior at the moment. And it happens to be the team with maybe the greatest engineer in F1 history. With your theory, McLaren should be a championship contender every year. Mercedes should never be slower than Ferrari two years in a row. I could go on and on. Guess what? On raw pace, we have the second fastest car. We have a great driver with Charles.

It's also much easier to loose talented people in England. If you just have to move 50kms, it's much easier to switch. Great engineers and people worked for Ferrari in the past, and it's time again to think big again. Brawn, Byrne, Allison, Costa, Todt. These are the category we need to target. And we will.

In 1919, Hans Wilsdorf moved the company from England to Geneva, Switzerland, because of heavy post-war taxes levied on luxury imports and high export duties on the silver and gold used for the watch cases.
    Forza Ferrari

So according to you, Ferrari should have never been as fast as last year in the first place. The reality is, only one team is superior at the moment. And it happens to be the team with maybe the greatest engineer in F1 history. With your theory, McLaren should be a championship contender every year. Mercedes should never be slower than Ferrari two years in a row. I could go on and on. Guess what? On raw pace, we have the second fastest car. We have a great driver with Charles.

It's also much easier to loose talented people in England. If you just have to move 50kms, it's much easier to switch. Great engineers and people worked for Ferrari in the past, and it's time again to think big again. Brawn, Byrne, Allison, Costa, Todt. These are the category we need to target. And we will.
    I’m not saying it’s impossible, it it’s harder. As an Architect if you asked me where I would rather work; London or Rome I would say London. This goes the same for many in STEM careers.

The car was fast for a while, but how much of that was because RBR had teething issues. The end results Are what matters.

It seems that recruiting talent has been a problem for Ferrari for a while now.

You’re acting as if I spoke in absolutes and it applies to all teams in England.

I never said Charles isn’t great. In fact I think he is a generational talent, more so that Max and for sure more than the Affirmative Action Champion.

Ferrari appears to have a design talent problem. I offered one opinion as to why. Do you have a better explanation? Why are they seemingly unable to build a reliable and fast car since 2008? If it isn’t the quality of the engineers, then what is it?

I’m not saying it’s impossible, it it’s harder. As an Architect if you asked me where I would rather work; London or Rome I would say London. This goes the same for many in STEM careers.

The car was fast for a while, but how much of that was because RBR had teething issues. The end results Are what matters.

It seems that recruiting talent has been a problem for Ferrari for a while now.

You’re acting as if I spoke in absolutes and it applies to all teams in England.

I never said Charles isn’t great. In fact I think he is a generational talent, more so that Max and for sure more than the Affirmative Action Champion.

Ferrari appears to have a design talent problem. I offered one opinion as to why. Do you have a better explanation? Why are they seemingly unable to build a reliable and fast car since 2008? If it isn’t the quality of the engineers, then what is it?
    This.

People act like Ferrari's turnover has been something awful. Truth is, in the technical and race operations departments, they've had stability going back to the Alonso era. Ferrari have refused to make changes to their aero and engine teams, while they've been chewing up and spitting out world class drivers.

I also contest this idea that English = good. Ferrari have had John Barnard, Pat Fry, and James Allison lead their technical departments for long periods. All eras produced mediocre cars that never stood a chance at a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    but it's ONLY doing on this particular web site and with this particular internet provider..

yeah, don't knwo if i want to mess with the router settings NOR am i super IT computer litterate to know how to do taht....LOL

any safer way of getting this forum website to work properly again on my said net provider??

thx
    I faced the same issue yesterday.
    Thankfully, it's sorted itself out.

Tondi gets the Sanchez role, plus support from two former RB engineers. So much for that, that nobody wants to move to Italy.

https://t.co/PeuV6FRrmS
    Who is Tondi and where is he coming from?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I don't mind changes in the technical department as they have been failing for many years now. My only problem is its happening at the start of a season in which we were expecting to take the fight to RB after last year's clearly capable car, therefore implying that this year's car is a technical failure. Technically, we were not bad at all last year. Our technical guys built a very good car. So it seemed like in the technical area we were finally coming right, and now here we are losing/firing technical people. It's confusing. Changes in management and race strategy are perfectly understandable because that's were we lost the championship last year.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."