Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2022 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    I don't understand that why we did two pit-stop in a circut like monza
    The actual problem is Tye deg on ferrari.
    Max on softs vs Leclerc on Soft-> Max was faster.

ferrari knew straight fight with Max they will loose. They got cheap pit stop & utlized it.

After that Max on mediums vs Leclerc softs. Leclerc was .4ths faster which isn’t fast enough to catch Max.

Other end Sainz was catching Russell.

If the SC arrived at 5 laps earlier, we would have got 2Laps for the finish. Then P1 & P3 would have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Had no answer for the speed of red bull, tyre management was a bit better but still nothing compared to those around us.
    I wonder if we couldn't have committed Leclerc to a 2 stop sooner and allow him to wring the life out of those mediums. But we don't know the data from the inside. Maybe they did. A fair attempt today. As you said, we simply didn't have an answer.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Within first 5L. Max was almost there. Such was the pace & RB is the most dominant car in the hands of Max.

Our 2nd half development was not good compared to RB. In the first half we lost 3-4 race win.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Within first 5L. Max was almost there. Such was the pace & RB is the most dominant car in the hands of Max.

Our 2nd half development was not good compared to RB. In the first half we lost 3-4 race win.
    The second half we have lost mainly to TD

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I feel you there. Because we all sensed hope, and than reality slapped us across the face!!!
    The same feeling here

Well at least we got two cars to the finish, both Charles and Carlos drove great races but no chance of competing against Max and that damn RB, we just aren't quick enough and have too much tyre deg, still porpoising too. P2 and P4 are better than I expected but the farce with the last SC was ridiculous, although we may have lost out if they'd red flagged and restarted, or we might even have won!

sainz should have been DOD, he was incredible, he have hunted one car per lap

it looks like RB found perfect set-up for this circut too, as usually. we always get the pole this year, which was very important to take it last year, but is not this year because of you can easly take over and follow the car in front of you.

so RB did care about pole last year, but they dont even care to take pole this year. they only set the car up for the race with respect to the track.

As I have suggested focus on 2nd for both championships and move on, except the fact red bull has built a weapon that can win from any position on the grid and the car is awesome on all tyre compounds.Regardless of safety car finish max would have won anyway be grateful it could have been a whole lot worse.

It’s not hate. I mean he can’t or doesn’t have pace to match Max & Leclerc. You can’t win a title with a slower driver. History tells the same. If you are the best, then beat Leclerc & Max on the track, earn it. That’s the only chance for Saniz.

I don’t understand this two driver philosophy from Binotto too.

It’s clear & evident Msc/Ferrari, Vettel /RB Ham/Merc & now Max/RB won title…. not with two drivers.
    By that same token, CS should have been granted number One at the beginning of the season, given thatb he bet CL fair and square last year.... Or do the points in the WDC only count when it suits the CL fanboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    By that same token, CS should have been granted number One at the beginning of the season, given thatb he bet CL fair and square last year.... Or do the points in the WDC only count when it suits the CL fanboys?

^mega troll

Who took max no.of poles this season? Who is faster in race pace?

Kindly note, I never criticised Carlos anywhere here. I said he’s not no.1 driver on match with Max or Leclerc pace.

#AMus reported that Monza, Ferrari‘s tyre degradation issues continued.

The speed in the F1-75 is still there, but only in qualifying. Over a race distance the F1-75 "eats up" its tyres.

Binotto: "Since Hungary, the Red Bull has been the better car. Not on Saturday, but in the race. Our tyres degrade faster. Red Bull can get a better balance than us & we have to work hard to understand that."

Verstappen believes the weight plays a role:

"Earlier in the year we had too much weight & it was in the wrong place. Since we've slimmed down we've found a better balance. The understeer is gone."

Binotto disagrees:"In that case we should notice it in quali too."

Ferrari still believes the tyre issues are connected to the aerodynamics. The search for more downforced caused the smaller working window of the car. That's why Carlos Sainz tested the older floor in free practice in Monza.

Jock Clear: "We don't want to go back there [older floor], but we want to better understand what was different before than now through the comparison.."

So ferrari ran with New floor not with older floor.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^mega troll
    I'm the top mega Troll on this forum!

Sundays pay day binotto not saturdays get the tyres right not the pu, or the rest of the season will 2nd 3rd or 4th finishes may be even lower.

Carlos is fast, since he -finally- got around to understand the car.
    However he is not as fast as Charles.
    When he gets to be faster then what you say could be debatable.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Who really cares who is faster Charles or Carlos the fact remains neither can beat max at this stage and that also goes for the rest of the grid, max is on another planet.

Max performs as it stands, but let's not make a myth out of Max.
    He also has an excellent car and a great team to support him.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^mega troll
    Wow... that's a mega argument!

I am only ridiculing those who want to grant No. status to Charles when the season is not over yet.

The only thing that remains is the final score in points and as I said, last year CS finished with more points than CL in his first year at the Scuderia... or is this still debatable?

Poles do not award points and "faster in race pace" is just a subjective impression. It's the points at the end of the season that count

Kindly note, I never criticised Carlos anywhere here. I said he’s not no.1 driver on match with Max or Leclerc pace.
    Lecrerc is not is not on par with Max on race pace either... that is why he is over 100 points behind...

Lecrerc is not is not on par with Max on race pace either... that is why he is over 100 points behind...
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari can't win anymore they eat there tyres like a spaghetti eating contest.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Max performs as it stands, but let's not make a myth out of Max.
    He also has an excellent car and a great team to support him.
    That's required of any great driver to excel.

Schumacher came to Ferrari because he was promised a car built to his liking, Vettel and Hamilton got the same treatment. Verstappen was able to give Mercedes drivers challenges when the right circumstances came together, so it should be no surprise that when the design of the car, strategy, and pecking order are all thrown behind him, he's a beast. As far as raw speed and ability to handle pressure goes, he's the best since Alonso, imho.

If David Sanchez and Rory Bryn were told to build a car tailor made for Leclerc, to develop upgrades that are priority for Leclerc and not Sainz, you give Leclerc a race strategist like Chris Dyer, and team orders were enforced in favor of Leclerc on track, the F1 world would be taken by storm. He'd have the potential to be the next Alain Prost.

And the thing, somebody is going to provide that for Leclerc at some point. It's just a question of if Ferrari wake up in time before another team like Mercedes offer him such promises.

Same Chris Dyer that cost Alonso the title?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Same Chris Dyer that cost Alonso the title?
    The one that helped take Schumacher to 5 titles and Kimi to another. But go ahead and tell me how you're the real Ferrari fan, and the rest of us are haters.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    The one that helped take Schumacher to 5 titles and Kimi to another. But go ahead and tell me how you're the real Ferrari fan, and the rest of us are haters.
    Dyer was not doing the strategy for Schumacher or Kimi though....it was 2009 he was promoted to that....so yeah good try.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Dyer was not doing the strategy for Schumacher or Kimi though....it was 2009 he was promoted to that....so yeah good try.
    He was the engineer and contributed to the strategy as much as Brawn.

You're incredible. You've been reduced to trashing one of the members of the Ferrari dream team. I guess when you've been defending Binotto, nothing is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    He was the engineer and contributed to the strategy as much as Brawn.

You're incredible. You've been reduced to trashing one of the members of the Ferrari dream team. I guess when you've been defending Binotto, nothing is too low.
    Not trashing him in the slightest just pointing out he was not in that role until 2009.

Again you claim I have defended Binotto, I asked you before to show me some quotes of me doing this and you have yet to do so? So please stick to what I have said.
    Forza Ferrari

Despite its specific rear wing for Monza, Ferrari was beaten by Red Bull that just put its low DF wing. In total, Ferrari has built 6 rear wings, Red Bull 3.

https://twitter.com/NicolasF1i/statu...411394/photo/1 (RedBull rear wings)

https://twitter.com/NicolasF1i/statu...411394/photo/2 (Ferrari rear wings)
    It's not how start but how you finish.