Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Horner was asked a question has ferrari handed you both championships on a plate due to constant mistakes.He struggled to answer.He knows the truth but out of respect and proffesionalism his response was we can only look after ourselves.

Binotto knows a lot more than both Horner and Toto about the F1 car and all the nooks and crannies of it. But he doesn't know anything about managing a team. Weeks after weeks we're seeing his poor leadership and management skills. His place is at the factory leading the technical side, no the pitwall.

But even then, who'd replace him? Probably another Arrivabene. Which will not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Horner was asked a question has ferrari handed you both championships on a plate due to constant mistakes.He struggled to answer.He knows the truth but out of respect and proffesionalism his response was we can only look after ourselves.
    Yep. He knows we made this championship easy. What should've been a title fight to the the last race, is over with 9 races to go. Utter disgrace and humiliation for Ferrari. As I said, even worse than the Vettel era.

Yep. He knows we made this championship easy. What should've been a title fight to the the last race, is over with 9 races to go. Utter disgrace and humiliation for Ferrari. As I said, even worse than the Vettel era.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    which is why i really don't understand their strategy

if you're afraid of having to pass people on track, why did you start on mediums?

why not start on softs? were they THAT afraid of not being able to clear Russell?

the fans deserve an explanation. and to see steps made to ensure this won't happen again
    But the steps should've been made a long a time ago, there should've been a reshuffle of the entire pit wall, including the race engineers, after Monaco.

But everything stayed the same. So don't expect any improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But the steps should've been made a long a time ago, there should've been a reshuffle of the entire pit wall, including the race engineers, after Monaco.

But everything stayed the same. So don't expect any improvements.
    After Monaco and Miami, the strategists were to blame. When the strategists were allowed to stay and Silverstone happened, Binotto owned responsibility for not firing them and not learning after two disasters. Now, after all the PU kabooms, internal dysfunction, Leclerc not being given number 1 status still, updates being held, and morale of the team being at lows not fallen to since the early 90's, it's on Elkann to get involved and do something about the spectacle. And if he doesn't get involved, it's on the Ferrari board to do something about all of it.

My guess is that after the summer break, everyone will still have their jobs. Nobody will pay for their incompetence. It's going to take Mercedes surpassing Ferrari in the WCC and Leclerc leaving for the first opportunity for either better results or better pay before Ferrari wake up.

But what about the job Red Bull is doing? Their drivers, strategists, development team? And us? Car breaks down from lead, we put the wrong tyres, slow pit stops, reactive strategies rather than proactive ones, drivers making errors (maybe I'm slightly harsh here), and if everything goes well then our gold standard pit wall strikes?? have I missed anything

Oh boy this one is hard to take

You guys that want Binotto gone are neglecting that the car became very fast underneath him. Careful what you wish for. Having great strategies but a slow car wont be much better.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You guys that want Binotto gone are neglecting that the car became very fast underneath him. Careful what you wish for. Having great strategies but a slow car wont be much better.
    Um, only 20' and 21' were truly years where the cars were slow, and those were the first years under Binotto. Sanchez and Cardille designed the current car with Bryne as an advisor, not Binotto.

Pretending that Binotto rebuilt the team is rubbish. In many ways, he and Elkann made it objectively worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Um, only 20' and 21' were truly years where the cars were slow, and those were the first years under Binotto. Sanchez and Cardille designed the current car with Bryne as an advisor, not Binotto.

Pretending that Binotto rebuilt the team is rubbish. In many ways, he and Elkann made it objectively worse.
    Some of you guys look at things so simplistically...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    But what about the job Red Bull is doing? Their drivers, strategists, development team? And us? Car breaks down from lead, we put the wrong tyres, slow pit stops, reactive strategies rather than proactive ones, drivers making errors (maybe I'm slightly harsh here), and if everything goes well then our gold standard pit wall strikes?? have I missed anything

Verstappen is a machine, but he's got a whole team behind him. Horner, Newey, Schmitz, Perez, and even old man Marko, all have his back. They will build a car to his liking even if it hurts Perez. They'll publicly force Perez to take a dive for him in the name of the WDC, and sacrifice his races to be defense for Max. They'll lean on the officials, fight off the track to keep their advantages, and not be afraid to play politics. It's all in the name of winning, and they want to win at any expense.

Ferrari don't have commercials. Their race team is their commercial. Luca and Todt wanted that commercial to be based on present success, not past one. They worked hard to find and pay all the right people, from Schumacher, to Byrne and Brawn. Luca was at the track constantly, because he starved to win. Elkann's just aren't like that. And unless and until they show the kind of care for Ferrari that Luca did, the **** shows will continue.

Luca was at the track constantly, because he starved to win. Elkann's just aren't like that. And unless and until they show the kind of care for Ferrari that Luca did, the **** shows will continue.
    Luca was at the track constantly, because he starved to win. Elkann's just aren't like that. And unless and until they show the kind of care for Ferrari that Luca did, the **** shows will continue.
    We don't even have to go this far back... Remember Sergio Marchionne? He was incredible, going to races, making a stance and creating a fearless while at the same time fearsome aura around Ferrari. Ruthless. When he died, everything went to ****.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Some of you guys look at things so simplistically...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The worst part was they could see those who went onto hards were terrible they had all that info and still decided to do it. Whoever it was should resign if they have any sort of feeling for the team, or be replaced.

If Binotto does not use the break to re-shuffle the pit wall and replace those getting it wrong then he will be the one replaced.
    This just amplifies how ridiculous we really are! I really have no words now. I've tried my best to give them their space and accept their mistakes hoping they would improve.

But this just takes the cake. If alarm bells haven't rung yet, Then surely they'll ring now. We cannot continue like this!! I'd rather tell Ferrari to resign from this years championship than allow them to make us all look like fools, Especially a brand name like Ferrari

Goodness me, i just saw a pic of RedBulls race strategist!!!!............And no offence to woman, But she's doing one helluva job and really makes our male counterpart look pathetic.........I'm stoked.
    Drive it like you stole it!

we would have been leader in the both championshps, drivers and constructors. if we had standard strategiest, not the best ones, only standard strategy guys would make us champion

Something is up where both Leclerc and Sainz are afraid to overrule the strategy. They never protest on the radio against these insane calls, which leads me to believe that Binotto himself is crafting a lot of the strategy we're seeing.

I see Sainz is towing the party line that when you have no pace then strategy is harder....joke!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post

Leave engine break downs & driver errors apart.

With Yesterday’s race, we became laughing stock. Everybody is laughing at us.

As a F1 fan, we can clearly see when Alpine pitted for Hards & it’s not working for them it’s obvious that no one will try Hard tyres again.

But How did Ferrari make the call to go for hard tyres?

On top of it Mattia saying “our car didn’t have the pace” what a ridiculous statement this is. His statement is based on Sainz strategy M-M-S, he’s saying which didn’t work. Common man, Leclerc is leading the race & he’s been doing similar lap times of Ham & Max. Then why did you bring in Leclerc too soon.?

I don't want Binotto gone. I want him away from the TP position.
    I also want the lead strategist gone.

What we witnessed at Hungary is totally unacceptable. As Binotto not accepting our strategy was wrong, that was unacceptable as well.
    The car was fine, but if you put hard tyres on it, then hell, it will not perform. And we knew hard tyres won't perform.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The worst part was they could see those who went onto hards were terrible they had all that info and still decided to do it. Whoever it was should resign if they have any sort of feeling for the team, or be replaced.

If Binotto does not use the break to re-shuffle the pit wall and replace those getting it wrong then he will be the one replaced.
    THAT.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leave engine break downs & driver errors apart.

With Yesterday’s race, we became laughing stock. Everybody is laughing at us.

As a F1 fan, we can clearly see when Alpine pitted for Hards & it’s not working for them it’s obvious that no one will try Hard tyres again.

But How did Ferrari make the call to go for hard tyres?

On top of it Mattia saying “our car didn’t have the pace” what a ridiculous statement this is. His statement is based on Sainz strategy M-M-S, he’s saying which didn’t work. Common man, Leclerc is leading the race & he’s been doing similar lap times of Ham & Max. Then why did you bring in Leclerc too soon.?
    Because : incompetent

our car didn’t have the pace...
    ... Because someone decided we should put the hard tyres on it, eh Mattia?

Common man, Leclerc is leading the race...
    ... and he gets screwed for the second time; having to use hard tyres.

Seriously.

I wonder what Elkann thinks of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I wonder what Elkann thinks of all this.
    As I said before, Elkann has watched Ferrari blow races on strategy in Miami, Monaco, Silverstone, and Hungary; he's seen his TP refuse to give number 1 status to his young clear WDC capable talent; he's watched all the reliability problems in Spain, Baku, and Austria. He's done nothing so far.

After Miami and Monaco, the blame went from Rueda to Binnoto for not firing the latter. After Silverstone and Hungary, the blame will lay 100% at Elkann's feet for not stepping and removing them both, as I predict will happen.

There will be some "we believe! We'll come back stronger!" ******** they'll put out in the press, before coming in p5 and p7 at Spa, and more races fall to ****.

What should happen is to write blank cheques to James and Bono at Mercedes and have them sign the numbers. Allow them to live in England if they so choose. Race every other week anyway and their roles are mainly operational during race weekends. Imagine Leclerc this season with those two on the pitwall? Instead of Rueda and Mr. 'Understood'

As I said before, Elkann has watched Ferrari blow races on strategy in Miami, Monaco, Silverstone, and Hungary; he's seen his TP refuse to give number 1 status to his young clear WDC capable talent; he's watched all the reliability problems in Spain, Baku, and Austria. He's done nothing so far.

After Miami and Monaco, the blame went from Rueda to Binnoto for not firing the latter. After Silverstone and Hungary, the blame will lay 100% at Elkann's feet for not stepping and removing them both, as I predict will happen.

There will be some "we believe! We'll come back stronger!" ******** they'll put out in the press, before coming in p5 and p7 at Spa, and more races fall to ****.
    Exactly! It is like that for more than 10 years, why would they change it now?!

Mattia Binotto confirms Inaki Rueda as strategy chief: “Entire team is great and I fully support them”

There is only one hope.
    During the summer break, that the axe will fall and we 'll return with certain changes.

Let's hope.

I'm pretty confident i could do a better job with strategy now.