Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 French Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Please enumerate how many times this year our lead driver made mistakes.

I will be waiting.
    In Imola, Leclerc tapped the barrier and was lucky to continue on. In Silverstone, he hit Perez and sustained the damage that cost him some performance no doubt. And today in France, Leclerc spun out all by himself into the barriers.

Excuses can be pilled on if people so wish - many of whom roasted Sainz (rightfully) earlier, but the fact remains that Leclerc has made errors this year that show he's not used to the pressure of running at the front, and he needs to win more grand prix against Max before he can even think about beating him to a WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Don't worry guys.
    10 races, 9 wins and easy championship!!!!

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    dont forget schumacher couldnt win the championship his first 4 years. his abilities were questioned by people
    MS was a double world champion when he came to Ferrari, and he was a much better driver than Leclerc is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    The race sucked big time but can not help if our lead driver makes mistakes. And reliability can be argued, however I would much rather have fast car which has reliability challenges than a bullet proof car which is slow, reliability can be managed in-season but car fundamentals cannot.

Max has developed into a monster, not only he is bloody quick, he is no longer making bone-head moves and is picking his battles to win the war, scary times ahead

I agree on that, but before a few years ago, max was a joke. he was the main element of f1 memes. he was called as Crashtappen.

leclerc is more matured compared to old max, but i think this year doesnt seem like our turn. we are doing good job despite of bad luck and some clownings, still we have chance for both the titles.

leclerc will be monster too, he is pushing too hard every-time. I understand that he may drive on the limits in the qualifying. but you cant do it whole race for 50 laps. so you cant drive the car on the limit for many laps.

max pitted early with that he gained tyre advantage on charles, and probably charles was pushing too hard to minimize Max's tyre advantage, so it cost him a DNF. He is one of the most talented drivers, but he will learn when to push hard when not to. you cant win the title in your first year with competitive car. but still he has that skill to able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    MS was a double world champion when he came to Ferrari, and he was a much better driver than Leclerc is today.
    Very true

Disagree. MS had his own mechanics and a very fine tuned Ross Brawn as he's engineer, coupled with a team leader in Jean Todd, he's job was a lot easier. ( Yes MS was A DEMON, we all know this )

You cannot compare the current flock of clowns we have today please!!! Get this right first before pointing fingers at CL.

Did MS make mistakes ????..............Oh you bet he did. Same with CL. So what's your point ??

Can i forgive CL ?? You bet i can.........Rather compare CL and MV, And you'll soon remember the name " Crashtappen ?? " MV has matured with a very good team over the years, CL hasn't really had that much time, except for beating SV in his first year!

I believe CL will come right, but in saying this , it would be great if he had a very wise Pit wall engineer and leader like MS had. That's where this difference lies in.

Give CL the respect he deserves , even when he makes his mistakes.

SO please, compare apples with apples
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Disagree. MS had his own mechanics and a very fine tuned Ross Brawn as he's engineer, coupled with a team leader in Jean Todd, he's job was a lot easier. ( Yes MS was A DEMON, we all know this )

You cannot compare the current flock of clowns we have today please!!! Get this right first before pointing fingers at CL.

Did MS make mistakes ????..............Oh you bet he did. Same with CL. So what's your point ??

Can i forgive CL ?? You bet i can.........Rather compare CL and MV, And you'll soon remember the name " Crashtappen ?? " MV has matured with a very good team over the years, CL hasn't really had that much time, except for beating SV in his first year!

I believe CL will come right, but in saying this , it would be great if he had a very wise Pit wall engineer and leader like MS had. That's where this difference lies in.

Give CL the respect he deserves , even when he makes his mistakes.

SO please, compare apples with apples
    you are free to disagree. And comparing drivers is quite normal.

All good
    Drive it like you stole it!

Don't worry guys.
    10 races, 9 wins and easy championship!!!!
    Easier said then done mate....you’re probably thinking the Ross, Todt and Michael Schumacher days...when everything ran like a Swiss watch or a well oiled machine...were LONG, LONG from being there....but well keep trying right???

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    ….

….

Charles has gone from hero in Austria to zero in France, don't you think he will have suffered enough without every tifoso criticising him. I am not convinced that we got the full story from either Charles, Binotto or Carlos as to the 'mistakes' made yesterday, sure Charles admitted it was his fault but that wagging finger tells a different story. This year's title has probably disintegrated, but his time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Will we be able to build such a strong car next year when we'll not have the time and wind tunnel advantage we had going into this year though? This was a huge chance to do something special this year yet we threw it away.
    you're whole argument is predicated on this misbelief that Ferrari only has a one year window because it got a head start this year, by not working on last year's car.

this is completely wrong, yes Ferrari didn't develop last year's car that much, but neither did anyone else. The 2021 car development projects were still highly regulated in terms of CFD and wind tunnell time. Which yes, due to the balancing system Ferrari got more of. But not substantially.

Point being it's not like the Mercedes advantage of beginning the development in 2008.

You need to read more and stop embarrassing yourself with uneducated opinions. You say some things that you would know better if you just read things on this forum from time to time. Anyway, I'll see you when you come out of the woodwork to troll at the next gp.

without Charles we'd be nowhere. I think when we see Sainz beating Maxipad then we'll know that the Ferrari has equalled/surpassed the Fizzy Drink team (those two are equal in terms of pace as drivers) (and i think we're getting to that point). It's Charles that has been wringing the neck of a car to make it look like it's fast enough to compete. Don't get me wrong, we're talking about tenths here. As is the case in modern F1.

Maxipad has made mistakes this season. Some of them he luckily escaped from like Spain. You can argue the Spain mistake was equal to this one by CL, but the wall was just farther away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    you're whole argument is predicated on this misbelief that Ferrari only has a one year window because it got a head start this year, by not working on last year's car.

this is completely wrong, yes Ferrari didn't develop last year's car that much, but neither did anyone else. The 2021 car development projects were still highly regulated in terms of CFD and wind tunnell time. Which yes, due to the balancing system Ferrari got more of. But not substantially.

Point being it's not like the Mercedes advantage of beginning the development in 2008.

You need to read more and stop embarrassing yourself with uneducated opinions. You say some things that you would know better if you just read things on this forum from time to time. Anyway, I'll see you when you come out of the woodwork to troll at the next gp.
    Do you know how many races Binotto missed last year due to working on the 2022 car???

Wasn't Mekies in charge in almost all the races Binotto missed??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Do you know how many races Binotto missed last year due to working on the 2022 car???

Wasn't Mekies in charge in almost all the races Binotto missed??
    point? how does that change anything i said?

and why do you always come out of the woodwork to cherry pick something unrelated and completely throw off the conversation when I pown a troll?

point? how does that change anything i said?

and why do you always come out of the woodwork to cherry pick something unrelated and completely throw off the conversation when I pown a troll?
    You stated Ferrari didn't develop the car that much.

How do you know this?? Binotto missed races in 2021 to develop the 2022 car AND left Mekies in charge of the race.

I strongly disagree with you assessment of Ferrari not developing the car much.

You stated Ferrari didn't develop the car that much.

How do you know this?? Binotto missed races in 2021 to develop the 2022 car AND left Mekies in charge of the race.

I strongly disagree with you assessment of Ferrari not developing the car much.
    No here's what happened. I defended Ferrari against a miseducated troll comment, and you jumped in without reading context.

This is about the third time you've done this in as many weeks.

I never said Ferrari didn't develop the car much. Yes, due to the development time balancing Ferrari had more wind tunnel and CFD time than Red Bull and Merc. But it's not like we were able to go around the clock without a care like Mercedes could in developing their 2014 monster.

And that's what the troll was implying. That this was Ferrari's only chance, and Ferrari is only close to Red Bull because of this head start.

No here's what happened. I defended Ferrari against a miseducated troll comment, and you jumped in without reading context.

I never said Ferrari didn't develop the car much. Yes, due to the development time balancing Ferrari had more wind tunnel and CFD time than Red Bull and Merc. But it's not like we were able to go around the clock without a care like Mercedes could in developing their 2014 monster.

And that's what the troll was implying. That this was Ferrari's only chance, and Ferrari is only close to Red Bull because of this head start.
    and it's the British Press led by Sky F1 that are pushing this false narrative too btw. they're also the ones who ran with the Binotto finger pointing story and made a false narrative out of one story.

Leclerc gets down on himself, he's his own toughest critic. Binotto was telling him there was no reason to get down.

Leclerc has learned from every mistake he has made and come back stronger. I remember in the beginning of 2019 he was still being outqualified by Vettel, but eventually he figured out what to change. This kid can learn and adapt and that's not something I see a lot from racing drivers. And he already has the one thing you can't train, and that's raw speed.

Maxipad has made mistakes this season. Some of them he luckily escaped from like Spain. You can argue the Spain mistake was equal to this one by CL, but the wall was just farther away.
    https://f1i.com/news/358502-irvine-c...erstappen.html

Post #402--->2nd paragraph 1st sentence.

You stated Ferrari didn't develop the car much.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Sorry
    Τhat was the point !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Τhat was the point !!!

Post #402--->2nd paragraph 1st sentence.

You stated Ferrari didn't develop the car much.
    I'm referring to the 2021 car. I said "LAST YEARS CAR" but apparently you can't read you went on attack and now you've been exposed.

His whole premise is that Ferrari didn't work on the 2021 car and ONLY worked on the 2022 car, while other teams put tons of focus on the 2021 and Red Bull still managed to make a really good 2022 car.

I'm arguing, A. that 2022 development was highly regulated and Ferrari doesn't have that big of an advantage and B. the developments Merc and Red Bull did for 2021 weren't all that significant

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Please enumerate how many times this year our lead driver made mistakes.

I will be waiting.
    Enumeration #1 Calling Charles the lead driver. Carlos is at least to be looked at as equal to Charles as #1 . " Let them race!!"

I'm referring to the 2021 car. I said "LAST YEARS CAR" but apparently you can't read you went on attack and now you've been exposed.

His whole premise is that Ferrari didn't work on the 2021 car and ONLY worked on the 2022 car, while other teams put tons of focus on the 2021 and Red Bull still managed to make a really good 2022 car.

I'm arguing, A. that 2022 development was highly regulated and Ferrari doesn't have that big of an advantage and B. the developments Merc and Red Bull did for 2021 weren't all that significant
    Okay, when I read last year's car I thought you meant this year's car because it was made last year. You did'nt put the year of the car for more clarity. Understand??

And what's with the condescending tone and "apparently you can't read and went on attack and now you've been exposed." I just wanted clarity that's all. I wasn't trying to attack you and apparently I can read.

Btw, @Kyss4k is not a troll (as you have professed) and this whole "You need to read more and stop embarrassing yourself with uneducated opinions. You say some things that you would know better if you just read things on this forum from time to time. Anyway, I'll see you when you come out of the woodwork to troll at the next gp".........is really unwarranted and be-littling.

Ease up man.

Max -> had championship winning car in 2021 & 2022. Before that he was making many mistakes & you all know.
    Charles -> 2019 is not championship winning car, yes he made few mistakes. 2020 & 2021 horrible years for Ferrari. Now ( 2022) that he got championship winning car & there’s pressure to deliver. I assume that is getting on to him. On top of it, these strategy mistakes + little discomfort in the team all these things are adding to the pressure.

Someone need to sit down with him & calm down. Take it race by race. There’s plenty in the store. Carlos too is getting there.

What ferrari need is consistency with both cars. Off late only one car is making to the points finish. That’s not good.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max -> had championship winning car in 2021 & 2022. Before that he was making many mistakes & you all know.
    Charles -> 2019 is not championship winning car, yes he made few mistakes. 2020 & 2021 horrible years for Ferrari. Now ( 2022) that he got championship winning car & there’s pressure to deliver. I assume that is getting on to him. On top of it, these strategy mistakes + little discomfort in the team all these things are adding to the pressure.

Someone need to sit down with him & calm down. Take it race by race. There’s plenty in the store. Carlos too is getting there.

What ferrari need is consistency with both cars. Off late only one car is making to the points finish. That’s not good.
    I could get this point if the car failing had not cost him being top of the championship.

I still believe we can win the title but it will only come if we get reliability we don't need to worry about Charles.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I could get this point if the car failing had not cost him being top of the championship.

I still believe we can win the title but it will only come if we get reliability we don't need to worry about Charles.
    Problem is Charles wants to make it happen this year . Why to wait till next year. Given ferrari graph from past years.

We have fast car but not reliable. Next 10 races should be consistent from Ferrari & 1-2 finish is needed.
    Also Mercs are pretty much consistent, if any reliability issues for us then 2nd place is also under threat.