Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I'm sorry I gotta ask... How is it, that native english speakers often struggle with their/they're? It's something so obvious and so different, that it seems impossible to confuse one with another, yet I keep seeing it more and more. Just curious, it's not ment to be an atack or something.
    Autocorrect sometimes jumbles things if you're typing on your phone, kinda like your typos.

Cheers.

I'm sorry I gotta ask... How is it, that native english speakers often struggle with their/they're? It's something so obvious and so different, that it seems impossible to confuse one with another, yet I keep seeing it more and more. Just curious, it's not ment to be an atack or something.
    Also with break and brake...........

It's possible the auto-correct on the mechanism from where the person is typing from???.......but I get what your sayin.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

It's possible the auto-correct on the mechanism from where the person is typing from???.......but I get what your sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It gets me too..............
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It gets me too..............
    Cheers.

their
    /ðɛː/
    Learn to pronounce
    determiner
    belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
    "parents are keen to help their children"
    used in titles.
    "a double portrait of Their Majesties"
    TIP
    Similar-sounding words
    their is sometimes confused with there and they're

How do they use their?
    Their is the possessive pronoun, as in "their car is red"; there is used as an adjective, "he is always there for me," a noun, "get away from there," and, chiefly, an adverb, "stop right there"; they're is a contraction of "they are," as in "they're getting married."
    Drive it like you stole it!

Is they're correct grammar?
    They're has an apostrophe, which means it's the product of two words: they are. If you can substitute they are into your sentence and retain the meaning, then they're is the correct homophone to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Is they're correct grammar?
    They're has an apostrophe, which means it's the product of two words: they are. If you can substitute they are into your sentence and retain the meaning, then they're is the correct homophone to use.
    People are using "they're" (they are) when they should use "their". That was my question.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

People are using "they're" (they are) when they should use "their". That was my question.
    And it was explained to you to typically be an autocorrect thing. Usually, I catch it, but sometimes on a phone you don't see it until hours later, when editing is no longer an option.

Reviewing some examples of "their" in a sentence should help you get its usage right.

(1) The red one is their house.
    (2) The beagle is their dog.
    (3) Going to the store was their idea.
    (4) They're in over their heads.
    (5) Joe and Sue always want things their way.
    (6) I didn't know that it was their cat.
    (7) Their dog is always barking.

Maybe that will help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    New tyres? prob max attack mode to catch Max? what else would it be....
    i was wondering that, i was already screaming earlier that we needed to put the engines into the safest mode possible. And maybe we would have 1 lap later after that pass was made.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto: We have a very high-performance PU & this gives me hope for the future when we have found a way to make it reliable as well.For interventions of this kind you need time: you have to design new components, produce them, homologate them for reliability. A few weeks are not enough. In the short term we will try to manage it in terms of mileage.”

What we can conclude is, in next races engine can blow up at any time or may not. So it’s nervous situation when Charles or Carlos leading a race or behind.
    does seem that way, we nee to use the second engine that Leclerc took in Canada for the next 2 races. We can't afford another failiure before the summer break. After that hopefully we'll have the new components, and maybe under the new regulations we can change them.

sorry boys, no vacation for you. next time build an engine, not a timebomb

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    does seem that way, we nee to use the second engine that Leclerc took in Canada for the next 2 races. We can't afford another failiure before the summer break. After that hopefully we'll have the new components, and maybe under the new regulations we can change them.

sorry boys, no vacation for you. next time build an engine, not a timebomb
    as much as i like that....the NO vacation for them.....it is MANDATORY 2 week shutdown out of the whole month....but yeah, they still have 2 weeks to work FLAT OUT

Definately maybe:)

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    This video explains the cause of sainz engine blow out and much of Ferraris reliability woes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNeg8bbZ34
    That video doesn't inspire confidence for the next races, our reliability has been woeful and unlikely to improve any time soon. It's not easy to overcome those forces and the drivers must be aware that they are possibly going to suffer another exploding PU, would turning the power down even help to make them last more than a couple of races? Who knows, but we need a solution and quickly, as Gilles has said, maybe that's why Binotto has played down any chance of a WDC for Charles.

Thanks you for your answers guys
    I will try to discuss with :

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Usually engines run their highest performance when they finally give way, if they were on the verge of failure before.
    It’s true, it can happen sometimes, but not so often
    It is said that the problem is the same as that of Charles, but I do not remember such an increase with Charles
    In addition, knowing our low reliability when the engines have a certain mileage, it is surprising not to see the pit wall react during all these laps

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    New tyres? prob max attack mode to catch Max? what else would it be....
    Same new tires for Charles, same need to overtake Verst, but very different curve
    Verst was slow, there was no reason to hurry so much to overtake him, Charles had done it quite easily

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Leclerc also mentioned he started having problems at the same time that Sainz's engine let go, so we don't really know how fast Leclerc could have gone at the end. That might explain a portion of it possibly?
    Leclerc had his pedal problem later in the race I think, it shows on the curve

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Thanks you for your answers guys
    I will try to discuss with :

It’s true, it can happen sometimes, but not so often
    It is said that the problem is the same as that of Charles, but I do not remember such an increase with Charles
    In addition, knowing our low reliability when the engines have a certain mileage, it is surprising not to see the pit wall react during all these laps

Same new tires for Charles, same need to overtake Verst, but very different curve
    Verst was slow, there was no reason to hurry so much to overtake him, Charles had done it quite easily

Leclerc had his pedal problem later in the race I think, it shows on the curve
    exactly, so if we were running it aggresively for the overtake, that's a mistake.

how old was this engine? anyone know? Leclerc's has done 3 races now, I say change it. Until the problem is more understood. We need to hear something soon. Binotto says they're going to manage it by mileage, well so far they've done a bad job of even doing that! Blowing up in the race is the worst because it means a penalty AND the loss of points.

what's worse is it seems it's blowing up in spectacular ways causing us to take all sorts of compnents. Not just a 5 place penalty for an ICE.

These engines last 2 races, after that they become uncertain
    Carlos' PU was on his third race I think, so he could have been in a dangerous mileage zone (so, if they pushed it, i join you to say it's a mistake)
    No doubt we have to swich Charles' one now, but i think it's already planed

For Carlos' suicide rush, no driver has shown such an increase in performance and I cannot explain to myself the guiding coefficient of this curve
    The answer maybe is in the radio comunications
    Last edited by Gilles; 12th July 2022 at 21:14.

My favorite is further vs farther... It drives me insane when people use further to express distance.........
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/

The site above has all the data from race weekends. You guys will find everything you need here.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

The site above has all the data from race weekends. You guys will find everything you need here.
    Thanks you, one more time i would say!
    I love this kind of tool!
    The thing makes me think that the Sainz' pace curve i did not understand was just...false

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

That's amazing thanks!

Corrected graph :

The first one was wrong with Sainz' pace
    It's the first time this year Sainz' pace is close to Charles' one (after lap 30 only)

Believe it or not, spellcheck and predictive text on mobiles are often to blame.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Comparison of driving styles
    Lec, Verst and Rus.
    I have not Sainz because they only took our best driver for the analisys, but we are sure Brembo will give it to us.
    Oh my God, we all ignored him!
    It doesn’t matter, he never produces anything relevant, much less documented things of course, he can't because he lies
    Last edited by Gilles; 18th July 2022 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Comparison of driving styles
    Lec, Verst and Rus.
    I have not Sainz because they only took our best driver for the analisys, but we are sure Brembo will give it to us.
    Oh my God, we all ignored him!
    It doesn’t matter, he never produces anything relevant, much less documented things of course, he can't because he lies
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FX4O4a7X...jpg&name=small
    Whats relevant is you just can't ignore Brembo in your posts! He's just too well documented as to whats happening in our F-1 sport! Compliments will get you everywhere!

Soon Brembão will be talking to walls at this rate

I hope that after 3 engine related retirements Saints can join Charles in a full race and get Ferrari those needed points. That last Ferrari engine fire DNF out of nowhere is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I hope that after 3 engine related retirements Saints can join Charles in a full race and get Ferrari those needed points. That last Ferrari engine fire DNF out of nowhere is very strange.
    I'm only counting 1 engine retirement and 1 hydraulic retirement for Sainz. Where else did his engine fail?

Are you referring to when he threw the car into the gravel for no reason in Australia costing us 18 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm only counting 1 engine retirement and 1 hydraulic retirement for Sainz. Where else did his engine fail?

Are you referring to when he threw the car into the gravel for no reason in Australia costing us 18 points?
    I was thinking Miami.