Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    If Leclerc had suffered a reliability failure and dropped behind Carlos on points as a result, would you guys be happy for him to be relegated to a supporting role? I wouldn't. Therefore I don't think that decision should be based on a reliability result. If Carlos bins it and loses out as a result then yes, but for reliability no.
    Makes no real difference, I doubt anyone really considers Carlos as a title challenger when he is out-performed by Charles. Backing the slower driver is not going to help anyone.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Summons for Charles Leclerc - Breach of Parc Fermé instructions
    Attachment 8054
    FFS

Investigation is related to drivers procedure on the podion, nothing related to cars. So, no drama.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

Investigation is related to drivers procedure on the podion, nothing related to cars. So, no drama.
    FIA just topping up the office party funds $$$$
    Forza Ferrari

So relieved that it wasn't Charles who had to DNF today but sorry for Carlos and the team, valuable points gone again and so close to 1-2. Both drivers had great race pace but Charles was on another level and showed what he's made of, without our reliability issues and strategy mistakes, Charles would be leading Max in the WDC. That engine is now toast so more penalties to come for Carlos and probably Charles if it can't be fixed quickly. My blood pressure for those last laps was sky high, but he held it together and I am so proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    So relieved that it wasn't Charles who had to DNF today but sorry for Carlos and the team, valuable points gone again and so close to 1-2. Both drivers had great race pace but Charles was on another level and showed what he's made of, without our reliability issues and strategy mistakes, Charles would be leading Max in the WDC. That engine is now toast so more penalties to come for Carlos and probably Charles if it can't be fixed quickly. My blood pressure for those last laps was sky high, but he held it together and I am so proud of him.
    many ferrari engine issues in just 1st half of the season. Hopefully ferrari doesn’t jinx it 2nd half which is crucial for Lec & team to win WDC or WCC

Today the pit wall didn’t fail but the engine department did.

Why oh why do we seem to get either or but not both.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    FIA just topping up the office party funds $$$$
    Yup!

Following a hearing on Sunday evening, the stewards opted to hand all three teams a suspended fine of €10,000.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Funny hearing Toto thinking Mercedes have a car capable of winning when they were 40 seconds behind Charles when Sainz engine went and similar thing in Barcelona. Our reliability has actually masked how bad they have been.

Great result for the team. Clearly the Silverstone package has turned the car around. On a track where straight line was so important, Ferrari pounded Red Bull.

Obviously reliability is still a terror. The team would be wise to tack PU5 for Charles and let him do the work to get pole and regain the 5 places. Clearly the ICE can only last 3 races or so.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Funny hearing Toto thinking Mercedes have a car capable of winning when they were 40 seconds behind Charles when Sainz engine went and similar thing in Barcelona. Our reliability has actually masked how bad they have been.
    Yeah, ours and Redbulls pace is ludicrous and even though Mercedes made quite a progress, they are not yet at this level. Not even close.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Clearly the ICE can only last 3 races or so.
    You sure it was the ICE that blew up????
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrar must get to the bottom of there engine issues , they built it they know it now fix it.The reasons why how when and where must be resolved. Sure a great victory by ferrari with back to back wins but nervous ones they are.The only thing that will beat ferrari is ferrari its self.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You sure it was the ICE that blew up????
    It sounded like it from the onboard. That throaty gasp before the kaboom.

So happy for Charles, those last few laps had me so nervous. Sad for Carlos, woah that engine went kablam old style!
    Hopefully they can reassemble all the remaining bits and find out the cause of the failure and fix it from doing it again.

Great race by Mick, well deserved 6th.

40 seconds behind on a such a short track is massive.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yeah, ours and Redbulls pace is ludicrous and even though Mercedes made quite a progress, they are not yet at this level. Not even close.
    One of the shortest tracks as well which doesn't get mentioned.

^Greig mentions it lol

i was telling that sainz was slow as hell. but he was getting fast since the last few races. he could not beat charles but, slapped maxipad easly even a few times.

i remember that he said that "i cant drive automaticly and i need to think how to drive"

i think he is finally getting used to the car. so till end of the season he will have crushed Perez. im so happy he got rid of gravels

I was not able to watch the race tohday, as I am on vacation in London. I have checked results and oh boy what good news it was! Sad about CS, as he would bring more points to CWC, and take away from MV!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I was not able to watch the race tohday, as I am on vacation in London. I have checked results and oh boy what good news it was! Sad about CS, as he would bring more points to CWC, and take away from MV!
    I'm hearing you brought some Belgrade heat over to Britain is that true?

Any information about the causing of throttle pedal problem ?

2 frustrating weekends in a row... should have been two 1-2's... really gutted...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    If Leclerc had suffered a reliability failure and dropped behind Carlos on points as a result, would you guys be happy for him to be relegated to a supporting role? I wouldn't. Therefore I don't think that decision should be based on a reliability result. If Carlos bins it and loses out as a result then yes, but for reliability no.
    Following your logic, Sainz should retire one more time with engine issues to even things out. Charles is the better driver deal with it.

Does anyone have a full breakdown of lap times through the race?

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It sounded like it from the onboard. That throaty gasp before the kaboom.
    Maybe it was turbo related. Maybe it was MGU-H related. Maybe it was a fuel line that leaked fuel onto the components of the ICE.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Does anyone have a full breakdown of lap times through the race?

Give the kid the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Makes no real difference, I doubt anyone really considers Carlos as a title challenger when he is out-performed by Charles. Backing the slower driver is not going to help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I'm hearing you brought some Belgrade heat over to Britain is that true?
    It is! I thought I'll run away from Belgrades 40C to pleasant London 25C. But here is around 30 plus every day. Not complaining, better that than rain

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mattia Binotto on the radio to Charles Leclerc:

“You made the difference that a champion makes. Bravo, I'm happy for you.
    What a joke!
    And Sylverstone?
    "The team made a big mistake that an amateur makes"

Give the kid the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Quite curious the Sainz' pace gain sudently
    Not surprised he lost the turbo, but how can he gain that much and what was he doing?

Give the kid the team!