Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2022 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

oh another thing, if Maxipad or Shamilton made that pass that Charles made at Copse, we'd never hear the end about how great they are and we'd see highlights of it for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 4th July 2022 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    change front wing? are you dillusional? so you feel you can criticize when you clearly have no idea what's going on

safety car isn't a 100% free pitstop, track position still matters.
    Perez had front wing damage early in the race and he changed his front wing. How did that work for Perez over the long term of the race? Look at RedBull strategy vs Leclerc strategy regarding both had front wing damage.

Perez isn't better than Leclerc.....or is he??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Perez had front wing damage early in the race and he changed his front wing. How did that work for Perez over the long term of the race. Look at RedBull strategy vs Leclerc strategy regarding both had front wing damage.

Perez isn't better than Leclerc.....or is he??
    the person i was replying to was talking about pitting Leclerc for a wing change at the safety car. Apples and oranges. Perez had to pit exactly becauase he is inferior to Leclerc that a little bit of damage destroys his race, same for your boy Maxipad.

Great Bait though.

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinio...ia-624803.html

As it was evident to those with functioning neuron cells, there was plenty of time for double stacking. But those with non-functional neurons, the above link will help you to understand better. It's backed up by data.

This Xavier Marcos guy needs to get the boot. Sounds like a complete clown over the radio and acts like one as well.

the person i was replying to was talking about pitting Leclerc for a wing change at the safety car. Apples and oranges. Perez had to pit exactly becauase he is inferior to Leclerc that a little bit of damage destroys his race, same for your boy Maxipad.

Great Bait though.
    Exactly!!! Had Leclerc changed his front wing early in the race, Leclerc's position would have been different....quite possibly P1 towards the end of the race.

Exactly!!! Had Leclerc changed his front wing early in the race, Leclerc's position would have been different....quite possibly P1 towards the end of the race.
    assuming we have that safety car... so what's the point. without the safety car he wins by 20 seconds

assuming we have that safety car... so what's the point. without the safety car he wins by 20 seconds
    So then leave Leclerc with front wing damage throughout the race.........................got it. Just do what Ferrari did as opposed to what RedBull did.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    There it is. Just when I think you can’t possibly tie yourself in more knots to defend the indefensible stupidity of the Ferrari pit wall, you do. Bravo sir!

Charles was doing just fine despite the damage and starting P3.

It was the team that effed him in the A again with terrible strategy by leaving him out on used hards. If both he and Carlos pitted it would have been a 1-2 or at worst a 1-3 if they had to stack both cars.

You just can’t help but defend incompetence, can you?
    And if Lewis stayed out, won the race you would be delighted right? Charles is making mistakes but you can cover your eyes and pretend not to see them....

SC was just back luck for us, get over it and untwist your panties.
    Forza Ferrari

Does anyone have read anywhere , how much time it costs the damage on Leclerc's front wing ???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And if Lewis stayed out, won the race you would be delighted right? Charles is making mistakes but you can cover your eyes and pretend not to see them....

SC was just back luck for us, get over it and untwist your panties.
    What does Leclercs mistakes have to do with Ferrari’s poor decision making? Karun spelled it out for everyone to see using video and timing references for those who are slow learners. They screwed up not pitting Charles, and what’s worse is that they lied to him and told him the pits where closed. They have screwed him with poor strategy many times before; like in Monaco. Even if Charles took pole and controlled the race from P1 they would have figured out another way to make a mistake. The pit wall needs a wake up call.

I will add that Charles was faster the whole race with a damaged wing. They should have made the switch earlier on. They seem to forget who the championship contender is/was.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Does anyone have read anywhere , how much time it costs the damage on Leclerc's front wing ???
    its like 5 pounds loss downforce. a circuit like britain which have a lot of fast corners needs massive downforce. leclerc lost significant downforce in the corners, especially -to- the right corners

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What does Leclercs mistakes have to do with Ferrari’s poor decision making? Karun spelled it out for everyone to see using video and timing references for those who are slow learners. They screwed up not pitting Charles, and what’s worse is that they lied to him and told him the pits where closed. They have screwed him with poor strategy many times before; like in Monaco. Even if Charles took pole and controlled the race from P1 they would have figured out another way to make a mistake. The pit wall needs a wake up call.

I will add that Charles was faster the whole race with a damaged wing. They should have made the switch earlier on. The seem to forget who the championship contender is/was.

he led many races but somehow he lost his pu or he became a victim of strategy. he should have been in the place of verstappen in the championship. but look at us where we are.

I will add that Charles was faster the whole race with a damaged wing. They should have made the switch earlier on. They seem to forget who the championship contender is/was.
    And if he pitted under SC and Lewis never and won the race? You would rather Merc win than Ferrari ok.....expert once again ain't you after the event.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It would've been a 7-8 seconds pit stop.

And if he pitted under SC and Lewis never and won the race? You would rather Merc win than Ferrari ok.....
    There was still 10-12 laps to race…Ferrari is faster and would have been on the softs. Leclerc was able to spar with Hamilton on old tires. Both Ferraris would have been fine on new tires.

Anyway, still no reason to lie to your driver and then publicly scold him…but that’s just my opinion. It has been a frustrating season so far and I believe we are underperforming to our potential.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

People still haven't realized that pitting under the SC/VSC is the faster way because pit lane entry is not bound by speed limit and pit lane itself is 80 kmph.

That's how Vette jumped Hamilton in Australia 2018, because Hamilton was trundling around with slower speed. Yesterday, the Gap to Hamilton was nearly 11 seconds and Charles would've come out ahead.

There was still 10-12 laps to race…Ferrari is faster and would have been on the softs. Leclerc was able to spar with Hamilton on old tires. Both Ferraris would have been fine on new tires.

Anyway, still no reason to lie to your driver and then publicly scold him…but that’s just my opinion. It has been a frustrating season so far and I believe we are underperforming to our potential.
    But you were rating about how Merc were so fast now? Make your mind up. Also let's not forget handing the win to Red Bull also, you would prefer that also I guess.
    Forza Ferrari

The fact of the matter is, you don't leave your #1 driver out in the race with front wing damage that happened earlier in the race to let him defend himself throughout the race in a race where speed matters.

You bring him in early in the race, change his front wing and slap on some hards and play the long game. Once the hards come up to temp, the driver does a second or 2 faster than the lead driver. If a SC or VSC happens along the way, that's you que to pit for mediums or softs depending on where your at on laps remaining in the race.

"publically scold"

so we just believe everything we hear from Sky or the British press now, got it!

The fact of the matter is, you don't leave your #1 driver out in the race with front wing damage that happened earlier in the race to let him defend himself throughout the race in a race where speed matters.

You bring him in early in the race, change his front wing and slap on some hards and play the long game. Once the hards tome up to temp, the driver does a second or 2 faster than the lead driver. If a SC or VSC happens along the way, that's you que to pit for mediums or softs depending on where your at on laps remaining in the race.
    you're playing what if

i can do that too

if there was no safety car, he's so far out in front, no defending necessary.

But you were rating about how Merc were so fast now? Make your mind up.
    Yup, derail any thread when you are wrong. Right on time…wouldn’t expect anything different from you.

Ferrari made a mistake, plain and simple. End/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

does everyone forget Canada where the fizzy drink team left Maxipad ( their #1 driver ) out on hard tyres

"publically scold"

so we just believe everything we hear from Sky or the British press now, got it!
    Yup, definitely looks like he was complimenting him on a job well done

https://youtu.be/7UPDLJqgP38
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It would've been a 7-8 seconds pit stop.
    I think pure passion meant to ask how much time it cost Leclerc per lap with a damaged wing....as it how much time he lost per lap running with the damaged with as opposed to have NO damage....I thing think that’s what he’s asking....but I could be wrong

Yup, derail any thread when you are wrong. Right on time…wouldn’t expect anything different from you.

Ferrari made a mistake, plain and simple. End/
    i don't feel like he's derailing the thread, if anyone is derailing the thread it's this guy saying that we should have changed Leclerc's wing

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I think pure passion meant to ask how much time it cost Leclerc per lap with a damaged wing....as it how much time he lost per lap running with the damaged with as opposed to have NO damage....I thing think that’s what he’s asking....but I could be wrong
    even when the cars were lighter, wing changes were like 20 seconds, they're more difficult now

you're playing what if

i can do that too

if there was no safety car, he's so far out in front, no defending necessary.
    And what if Max didn't have damage to his floor.......I can do this all day.

Come back to the basic fundamentals. You don't leave your #1 driver, in the earlier part of the race, with front wing damage at a track where speed matters throughout the race.

You should know by now that you can’t argue with GOD Greig.....he’s ALWAYS right and always has the last say

What I find funny is:

In Monaco, where it's pretty much impossible to overtake. Let's pit Charles to defend against the undercut, after 2 freaking laps.

Silverstone where it's very much possible to overtake, Let's leave out our lead driver on scrubbed hards against those behind who'd be on fresh softs, even when it was easily possible to double stack both cars.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I think pure passion meant to ask how much time it cost Leclerc per lap with a damaged wing....as it how much time he lost per lap running with the damaged with as opposed to have NO damage....I thing think that’s what he’s asking....
    BINGO.......Exaclty!!!