Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2022 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Happy for Sainz, but Leclerc was immense today and got robbed by another crap strategy call. It's not a good look when Karun Chandhok is correcting Mattia Binotto on whether it would have been possible to double stack the cars.

The team have to do a lot better if they're going to win the title. Open goals like this have to be converted into 1-2s.

Ferrari doesn't deserve a class act like LEC. He is too dormant and apolitical for a political mess like Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Things like that happens, it's not like in Monaco, we're they ****ed up
    Did you even see this race?! They **** up THE WHOLE race for Charles! From start to finish. What happened today was totally unacceptable. Charles could have won by 20 seconds easily. Yet he finished 4th and that only because of his incredible fighing. Sainz would probably fell down to 8th or something.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Ferrari doesn't deserve a class act like LEC. He is too dormant and apolitical for a political mess like Ferrari.
    Imagine Lec having a vocal character like MadMax has in the form of Wife Beatsappen by his side in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Did you even see this race?! They **** up THE WHOLE race for Charles! From start to finish. What happened today was totally unacceptable. Charles could have won by 20 seconds easily. Yet he finished 4th and that only because of his incredible fighing. Sainz would probably fell down to 8th or something.
    Enyoj this win, we will get murdered in Austria

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    The reality is if I'm leclerc I'd seriously consider moving to merc if hamilton retires and Russell hasn't shown enough to get 1st driver priority as I'd at least be in a team thats willing to back me entirely. Red bull have their heads screwed on when it comes to strategy. Perez is a good driver even capable of the odd win but he will never consistently be fast on every track and thats why they will happily sacrifice him for verstappen as over the course of a season he will dominate. Sainz is exactly the same. Why we decided to sacrifice leclerc for sainz when it is so obvious he is the faster driver (broken front wing and still as fast as anyone else) baffles me. Leclerc will look back on this year I suspect and wonder if he had the red bull pitwall and his ferrari car what could have been.
    if charles' contract ends this year. i fear, we might not keep him in the team

yeah he would have won by 20 seconds if there was no safety car. but how does anything that happened before the safety car play into what happened after?

They upgraded their car. Nothing to do with FIA. We are waiting for... something. We are still racing with a car that looks from 99% exactly the same as it did in Bahrain yet we excpect results? We are screwing our top driver, who is fighting for WDC left and right and we expect what? That he will somehow magically win with 20 laps old tyres vs new softer ones? We don't deserve winning, we deserve being beaten up, ridiculed and being brought to an absolute rock bottom. Maybe then our leadership will wake up.
    you can search on this forum and see the updated sidepods.

and you can also look on this forum and hear about the updates to the driveshaft

you're assuming if it looks the same therefore it is the same, and that there is no budget cap.

you might want to cool it, you're just embarassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Enyoj this win, we will get murdered in Austria
    based upon what logic?

Best overtake of the season so far:

Leclerc Outside of corpse with old tyres & broken FW vs Ham on new Softs.

This guy is something, Mattia give him the car & best strategy. he will win titles for Ferrari & you. Please don’t stop him with your clown show.

Sainz has been on it in recent races.

P2 in Monaco
    P2 in Montreal
    P1 in Silverstone

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Sainz has been on it in recent races.

P2 in Monaco
    P2 in Montreal
    P1 in Silverstone
    Yep, and hopefully this further increases his confidence and he continues to perform and take maximum points. That's worth much more than maximum points today only.

And now in the future, when he ask him to comply, which he did today, you won't be taking his first win away.

Well done Carlos on the 1st win.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    if charles' contract ends this year. i fear, we might not keep him in the team
    Leclerc has a contract till 2026.

did we had the new sidepods and aero improvements today ?

Ready for a new joke?
    Stay tuned to hear the new Inaki Rueda's strategy report...

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Happy for Sainz, but Leclerc was immense today and got robbed by another crap strategy call. It's not a good look when Karun Chandhok is correcting Mattia Binotto on whether it would have been possible to double stack the cars.

The team have to do a lot better if they're going to win the title. Open goals like this have to be converted into 1-2s.
    After the missed oppportunities for a 1-2 finish, I think we can take one conclusion for now: the scuderia is not ready to win the championship. In 30 years of watching F1 i’ve seen some big blunders but what really ****** me off is that the pitwall really let leclerc down. How is it possible to let both cars fight when Hamilton is catching? How is it possible to let leclerc out when almost everyone made a free pitstop during the safetycar. It is unacceptable! Yes 1 Ferrari won, but i am looking at the points we miss! I am looking at the fact that we have the best driver of the field, Leclerc, but somehow we manage to f** it up. I would have peace with the result if I knew what kind of a car, team and driver we have. The pitwall should be ashamed of themselves! Leclerc Will leave Ferrari when his contract expires, if he doesn’t see improvements in strategy and relaibility. And who will blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    did we had the new sidepods and aero improvements today ?
    Yes, but more than that, Charles found a solution to make the car lighter, by removing part of the front wing, and given the slowness of Sainz, it works rather well, or it came from the driver...
    Finally, that the best wins!
    Joke
    Last edited by Gilles; 3rd July 2022 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    There was more than enough time to double stack pit stop. Ferrari shafted Leclerc again. The guy in charge of pit stop strategy needs to be relieved of that position and give somebody else the job.

Even if Sainz loses position to Hamilton in a double stack, he still has a faster car than the Mercedes. That was a Ferrari 1-2 down the shitter again.
    Agree, i feel sorry for Leclerc. He fought like a Lion like always.
    The pitwall needs to be replaced. You can’t have this mistakes when you want a shot at the championship!
    A 1-2 down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    After the missed oppportunities for a 1-2 finish, I think we can take one conclusion for now: the scuderia is not ready to win the championship. In 30 years of watching F1 i’ve seen some big blunders but what really ****** me off is that the pitwall really let leclerc down. How is it possible to let both cars fight when Hamilton is catching? How is it possible to let leclerc out when almost everyone made a free pitstop during the safetycar. It is unacceptable! Yes 1 Ferrari won, but i am looking at the points we miss! I am looking at the fact that we have the best driver of the field, Leclerc, but somehow we manage to f** it up. I would have peace with the result if I knew what kind of a car, team and driver we have. The pitwall should be ashamed of themselves! Leclerc Will leave Ferrari when his contract expires, if he doesn’t see improvements in strategy and relaibility. And who will blame him?
    I agree, I’ve never seen that either
    Think Charles lost the 5 last races because of Ferrari...
    Let’s see the Italian press tomorrow...
    I’ve never said that before, but right now, we really should think about putting some professionals on the pitwall
    Last edited by Gilles; 3rd July 2022 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Yes, but more than that, Charles found a solution to make the car lighter, by removing part of the front wing, and given the slowness of Sainz, it works rather well, or it came from the driver...
    Finally, that the best wins!
    Joke

do we have any data to show if the updates actually worked ?

I was travelling today, and I have just learned the results. Saw some highlights of the race. Happy for Ferrari win and CS first, but our pit wall is wall of clowns!!!!

I'm sorry to say that, but the more I think of it the more it looks not like a mistake from the team, but like intentionally let down Lec to favor Sainz. I can't think any other excuse. The excuse of Binotto that they left Lec out because he had newer tires is one of the most idiotic things I ever heard.
    The situation was very very simple. You have 2drivers.the better one and clearly the fastest even in this races in front and the other 2nd with an opponent 3rd close enough and the 4th miles behind. All f1 "books" of strategies say that you make your choices 1st for your 1st (EVEN more if he is the fastest like today) driver.
    If they have pitted both (double stuck)they would easy come out 1-3 alla with new soft tires so that Lec almost certainly could take the win and Sainz (if he wants to prove himself) could have a chance to overtake Ham. If not we would have finish 1-3 with Lec taking the win ,the driver who is in front on the standings and is clearly fastest in every single gp.
    BUT NO , the team preferred to destroy Leclerc's race just to give a chance to Sainz.
    Well this to me was simply orders from above (Sandater???!!!).
    My only hope is that this would be a 1 off ,to give Sainz his 1st victory, complete the teams obligations " to the sponsors and then back Lec 100%.
    If not ,and more now that Sainz (and his sponsors) feel that they have the same changes with Lec and keep demanding equal treatment and the team obeys, then it's 110% sure that we will never gonna win a championship and we are a tragic team.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post

do we have any data to show if the updates actually worked ?
    I think unless you can compare the two packages, it’s not easy. We’ve seen that in Canada with the rear wing, that’s all.
    On the strategy side, the reorganisation makes everyone laugh except Leclerc and the tifosi of course

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I'm sorry to say that, but the more I think of it the more it looks not like a mistake from the team, but like intentionally let down Lec to favor Sainz. I can't think any other excuse. The excuse of Binotto that they left Lec out because he had newer tires is one of the most idiotic things I ever heard.
    The situation was very very simple. You have 2drivers.the better one and clearly the fastest even in this races in front and the other 2nd with an opponent 3rd close enough and the 4th miles behind. All f1 "books" of strategies say that you make your choices 1st for your 1st (EVEN more if he is the fastest like today) driver.
    If they have pitted both (double stuck)they would easy come out 1-3 alla with new soft tires so that Lec almost certainly could take the win and Sainz (if he wants to prove himself) could have a chance to overtake Ham. If not we would have finish 1-3 with Lec taking the win ,the driver who is in front on the standings and is clearly fastest in every single gp.
    BUT NO , the team preferred to destroy Leclerc's race just to give a chance to Sainz.
    My only hope is that this would be a 1 off ,to give Sainz his 1st victory, complete the teams obligations " to the sponsors and then back Lec 100%.
    If not ,and more now that Sainz (and his sponsors) feel that they have the same changes with Lec and keep demanding equal treatment and the team obeys, then it's 110% sure that we will never gonna win a championship and we are a tragic team.
    I was wondering the same thing, also, Rueda, Santander...
    Don't know really but the question is possible

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It stinks of internal politics.

It's clear that there are some business happening, behind scenes between Ferrari, Santander, sponsors and sainz's family. It's the only explanation possible that I found. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It stinks of internal politics.
    If you really think about it, it's the only explanation. How can you not know that leaving Leclerc out, he would get destroyed by everybody of the top 3 on fresher tires.

Leclerc's manager needs to speak up, outrageous.

Hello, it has been a while since I haven't posted (and even at that time, I was not active).

Even though Ferrari has become a world leader in finding ways to waste points, today's race was at another level. However, I understand what the team was trying to do, even though this was not the most straightforward approach. First, they thought double stacking our pilots would have been detrimental for a 1-2 finish, so they calculated that since Leclerc tires were fresher than Sainz's, stopping the latter whilst leaving Leclerc on track would have been a better idea than stopping Leclerc whilst leaving Sainz on track. The crazy idea was, in fact, for later, precisely during the restart. In the second phase of the master plan, Carlos was supposed to let Leclerc go whilst holding the pack during the restart phase (when cars were still not allowed to overtake but picking up their racing speed). This would have created a gap of 1 to 2 seconds between Leclerc first and Sainz second. Then, similar to what Perez did to Hamilton in last year's Abu Dhabi race, Sainz would have slowed everybody down in critical turns, such as in turns 4 and 6 (at that time, no DRS was allowed). This would have allowed Leclerc to gain further 1-3 seconds and create a gap of about 2 to 5 seconds on Sainz. And then, Sainz's job was to slowly try to pull Hamilton and Perez away whilst catching Leclerc even more slowly in the hope of creating a kind of DRS trail behind Leclerc.

I don't understand why Ferrari used such an extreme strategy to solve this double stacking problem. They could have simply asked Sainz to slow down when heading toward the pits to increase the gap with Leclerc, allowing the double stack to happen without being overtaken by Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, also, Rueda, Santander...
    Don't know really but the question is possible
    Rueda = Spanish (chief strategist)
    Xavi = Spanish (Leclercs race engineer)
    Marc Gene = Spanish (Ferrari media go to face)
    Santander = Spanish (Bank, main sponsor)