Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Race Thread

also the Fizzy drink guys have also messed up their strategy too, like in Spain last year, so they're not immune as some here have suggested

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What is the "full picture" as you say??
    if you cover Perez immediately with Leclerc, Maxipad nurses his tyres and beats you. He stays out and goes straight to slicks.

and actually that's even worse than what happened because Maxipad would have netted more than 3 points on Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    if you cover Perez immediately with Leclerc, Maxipad nurses his tyres and beats you. He stays out and goes straight to slicks.
    Was'nt Sainz in 2nd place at this point??? Yes, so you cover Max with Sainz....no??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Was'nt Sainz in 2nd place at this point??? Yes, so you cover Max with Sainz....no??
    so you're willing to let Maxipad finish in front of Leclerc as long as a Ferrari wins the race?

the way that plays out is a Ferrari 1 -3 or Ferrari 1 - 4 with Maxipad gaining even more on Leclerc than he did anyway, still far from ideal

the only viable winning strategy at that point was to stay out, how many times have we seen Shamilton just nurse wet tyres into slicks.

so you're willing to let Maxipad finish in front of Leclerc as long as a Ferrari wins the race?
    Alot better than what just transpired no????

the way that plays out is a Ferrari 1 -3 or Ferrari 1 - 4 with Maxipad gaining even more on Leclerc than he did anyway, still far from ideal

the only viable winning strategy at that point was to stay out, how many times have we seen Shamilton just nurse wet tyres into slicks.
    You don't know that. Had Ferrari cover RedBulls pitstops immediately, Ferrari would have been ahead.

Did you see Jolyon Palmer's analysis I just posted???

i'd agree, but people here seem to think we could have gotten Leclerc the win with that strat. And it's not an easy decision to make, to voluntarily let your rival beat you.

and we did cover Perez with Sainz, we just got stuck behind the moving chicane because our driver thought that you aren't allowed the pit exit line.

You don't know that. Had Ferrari cover RedBulls pitstops immediately, Ferrari would have been ahead.

Did you see Jolyon Palmer's analysis I just posted???
    don't think he said that, and they'd just leave Maxipad out, Chico was bait, there's a reason why Maxipad didn't win, because he couldn't

don't think he said that, and they'd just leave Maxipad out, Chico was bait, there's a reason why Maxipad didn't win, because he couldn't
    You do realize Ferrari messed up 2x in this Monaco race....yes??

So Carlos is not a team player...

This won't go down well in Maranello since NO DRIVER is ABOVE the TEAM!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

AMuS

Schmidt said that Gasly and Vettel choose the perfect time to switch to intermediates.
    The intermediates were at one point 4s faster, both Gasly and Vettel did everything correctly in terms of timing, but unfortunately they couldn’t overtake due to the nature of the circuit.

Schmidt said that Perez was "used" by Red Bull to get Ferrari to pit too early & at the end, it turned out very well for Checo.
    Ferrari had two options with Charles: either pitting one lap after Perez (which would have guaranteed him to stay ahead of Perez) or waiting like Sainz.

1st mistake: Ferrari pitted Charles two laps after Perez, which made Red Bull’s overcut work.
    2nd mistake: pitting Charles at the same time as Carlos, the gap was too small, so it was obvious that Charles would needed to wait
    in the pits & the undercut attempt against Max failed.

Schmidt agreed with Ferrari that Sainz lost a potential win due to being stuck in traffic and he also defended Ferrari a bit:

Schmidt mentioned that Perez did have a bit of luck with the bad strategy of Ferrari BUT he also did two excellent outlaps on the intermediates and slick tyres
    (Mercedes engineers told him that).

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...her-ricciardo/

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    So Carlos is not a team player...

This won't go down well in Maranello since NO DRIVER is ABOVE the TEAM!
    That goes both ways! W C C win is where it's at. Very well stated "No Driver is Above the Team!" Let Charles and Carlos race to win! Charles when the situation lends itself also has to think as a team player. And I believe he does. It goes both ways.

That goes both ways! W C C win is where it's at.
    And when were we at our best?
    But of course when Reubens was playing his part.
    Finally, you get it. We need Carlos to be our new Reubens !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And when were we at our best?
    But of course when Reubens was playing his part.
    Finally, you get it. We need Carlos to be our new Reubens !
    More like Irvine as Barrichello basically argued against team orders and deliberately made a whole spectacle of it which made Ferrari look bad, instead of it being a non-event like Perez allowing Verstappen to pass him a few races back.

Michael in 3 years got one podium 2nd place while @ Merc when he came back. No Rubens; No wins. It's early in the season, who knows maybe it will be Charles moving over for Carlos. Monaco was real! A Rubenized Leclerc could be the answer to WCC and throw in a WDC for Carlos. Just look over @ Merc ; Lewis the GOAT of F-1 now has his team mate ahead of him. It's the team that counts.

You want your best driver to be second driver Brembo?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You want your best driver to be second driver Brembo?
    I believe it's far too soon to determine which of Ferrari's drivers is the best. Look at Charles vs. Seb a 4x WDC .Given the go ahead Charles out drove Seb ; given the no team orders opportunity. Your best driver was Carlos @ Monaco!

We all know for years that Charles is the best and the fastest of the two.

Oke he overdrives the car, so did Max a few years ago but look what he became...

Same will happen to Charles when he learns more things and gain new experience.

Carlos was better yes in 1 race. Charles was the best in the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Your best driver was Carlos @ Monaco!
    Well yeah to some extent after Ferrari messed up Leclerc's strategy by waiting 2 laps to pit Leclerc after Perez pitted and made 2 laps and went for the undercut.

But then, Ferrari messed up the 2nd pit stop for both drivers and double stacked them when the gap to Max was very narrow.

I believe it's far too soon to determine which of Ferrari's drivers is the best. Look at Charles vs. Seb a 4x WDC .Given the go ahead Charles out drove Seb ; given the no team orders opportunity. Your best driver was Carlos @ Monaco!
    Far from best, just less penalized by team mistakes, as you now
    Always trolling!

Michael in 3 years got one podium 2nd place while @ Merc when he came back. No Rubens; No wins. It's early in the season, who knows maybe it will be Charles moving over for Carlos. Monaco was real! A Rubenized Leclerc could be the answer to WCC and throw in a WDC for Carlos. Just look over @ Merc ; Lewis the GOAT of F-1 now has his team mate ahead of him. It's the team that counts.
    You really need to drink less. It's bad for your liver and apparently it ruins your brain cells.
    Merc did not have a race worthy car, and Schumacher went there because he just wanted to have fun and also to organize mercendes. But you know it.
    He did not go to Merc to win championships.

More like Irvine as Barrichello basically argued against team orders and deliberately made a whole spectacle of it which made Ferrari look bad, instead of it being a non-event like Perez allowing Verstappen to pass him a few races back.
    Brembo knows that Bottas has been reubenized, just like Checo has been reubenized.
    He just closes his eyes to it.
    It's ok, we know he's a troll.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I believe it's far too soon to determine which of Ferrari's drivers is the best.
    Then you're ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Long DRS zones in Baku, Canada, Belgium, Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Horsepower advantage eradicated in Mexico and reduced in Austria. Front tyre graining central in France, Britain and Texas. Usually bad weather in Hungary. Too much drag for Monza and Suzuka. Already out of budget after just one upgrade.

It's a mystery how this is going to work out in any other way than the grade A w-nkers getting two easy titles over us.
    Yeah, does not look so good, but we`ll see

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Far from best, just less penalized by team mistakes, as you now
    Always trolling!
    I think you meant Know! And it's good to see you at least admit your always trolling. You even spelled it correctly! Enjoy the next race!

I think you meant Know! And it's good to see you at least admit your always trolling. You even spelled it correctly! Enjoy the next race!
    Is that the level of your ultimate arguments?
    So go occupy yourself on a forum of integristes in ortograph, everyone here would be better
    In the meantime, at the risk of disappointing you, I’m afraid I’m gonna keep having spelling problems
    Sorry Brambo

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Is that the level of your ultimate arguments?
    So go occupy yourself on a forum of integristes in ortograph, everyone here would be better
    In the meantime, at the risk of disappointing you, I’m afraid I’m gonna keep having spelling problems
    Sorry Brambo
    No problem! My French is as bad as your English. Arguments is too strong a word. Reply is more the word to use.

No problem! My French is as bad as your English. Arguments is too strong a word. Reply is more the word to use.
    I know my weaknesses in English, but I would be curious to know your level of French
    And then not in fact
    Did you seen my present for you (post 23)?
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...#post1062861:-)
    Last edited by Gilles; 7th June 2022 at 19:30.

Sait Ferrari Driver pour gagner! Presents over controversy welcomed always!

Sait Ferrari Driver pour gagner! Presents over controversy welcomed always!
    I regret to say that I cannot imagine what you were trying to say in French. I hope you didn’t count French in your 5 "fluent languages"
    So, what did you think of this objective article that compares the levels of Carlos and Charles?

French no . Charles over Carlos for a better chance for clean race win. But.... at the risk of giving you a headache ; please let them race each other unless a team order is truly going to help at a race. Porpoising has to stop for the sake of both drivers esp Charles . He says it's really hurting him.