Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Race Thread

And the next race is Baku where Red Bull will eat us alive on the long straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    And the next race is Baku where Red Bull will eat us alive on the long straight.
    TBD.

Ferrari appeared to close the gap to Red Bull in the speed traps to it being a negligible advantage. It also appears the Ferrari regained its advantage to roll through the center of the corner and accelerate on exit better than the Red Bull. We didn't get a full run, because Leclerc retired and Sainz damaged his floor, and Monaco is Monaco, but Baku will show whether the Barcelona updates are working as intended.

Of course, the pit wall or driver error can always **** things up, and that seems to be the pattern lately.

redbull gained a lot of advantages by winning the last two gp where most suited to us. but they almost lost their strait speed advantage against us. If we win the next two gp which is azerbaijan and canada even maybe Britain. We will catch them up and thats will be revenge of the last two races that we lost while we were able to win easly. if so, the championship will start over again, from the scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow, so I guess now that the car is fast, the Italians don't get any credit for that. Yes, yes we know, Italians are stupid
    Ferrari is Italy and Italy is Ferrari this one you need to know. And the leclerk must also be aware that the only two cars in the f1 2022 with which the Red Bull and Ferrari can be champions.

I fear this was Charles’ best chance of winning at home. I doubt Mercedes won’t come back kicking next year and who knows what Ferrari will do with next year’s car.

I didn't post yesterday as I'd be banned for bad language.

I'm still utterly devastated. Charles drove brilliantly and Ferrari's pitwall took the win away from him. UTTER INCOMPETENCE!!
    If Charles does not win the title this year, don't blame him. Blame the strategy guys.

What a disaster, I'm so angry.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I fear this was Charles’ best chance of winning at home. I doubt Mercedes won’t come back kicking next year and who knows what Ferrari will do with next year’s car.
    First off, Merc has to get their turd working.....by next year Ferrari and Red fools will have a year under their belt under these new regs....mercs will be on their back foot as they will play catch up to the 2 top teams.....

Brothers this hurts https://youtu.be/1N8iHS4KP3w

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    TBD.

Ferrari appeared to close the gap to Red Bull in the speed traps to it being a negligible advantage. It also appears the Ferrari regained its advantage to roll through the center of the corner and accelerate on exit better than the Red Bull. We didn't get a full run, because Leclerc retired and Sainz damaged his floor, and Monaco is Monaco, but Baku will show whether the Barcelona updates are working as intended.

Of course, the pit wall or driver error can always **** things up, and that seems to be the pattern lately.
    RB has the advantage on next two tracks. I expect a DNF from either of RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    do any of the armchair strategists want to explain how they would have called this race differently?
    Very very easy. Probably the easiest of all.

You're in Monaco where it's hard to overtake. Perez pits from 3rd and puts on what others have shown at that point to be the quickest tyre by a long margin. Which means (and there's zero intelligence required to make this deduction) that every lap he puts in will be a huge chunk of laptime gained. So as soon as you see him pitting, box your drivers the very next lap. It couldn't be more obvious.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    BREAKING ��| Protest on Sergio Perez’ yellow line infringement has been dismissed.

He remains the winner of the Monaco Grand Prix.
    This was always immaterial for me. We screwed up. Full stop.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

This race is a nice example of why I can't believe in the capability of our team. I remember how I used to sit infront of the TV believing we can do it. The last few years I am shaking every race worrying what will we mess up this time. We are one of the most inconstitent teams in F1 history and I think that's the issue, why some fans have the doom and gloom attitude. It'S like we are stuck in a circle making the same mistakes again and again.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This race is a nice example of why I can't believe in the capability of our team. I remember how I used to sit infront of the TV believing we can do it. The last few years I am shaking every race worrying what will we mess up this time. We are one of the most inconstitent teams in F1 history and I think that's the issue, why some fans have the doom and gloom attitude. It'S like we are stuck in a circle making the same mistakes again and again.
    Ah, the Schumi days, when Ferrari would go into a weekend half a second off McLaren, Williams, or Renault, and then pull out the win with strategy and awesome flying laps from Schumi.

Right now, there are two teams that deserve race wins, Red Bull and Ferrari. But there's only one team that are performing worthy of the championship, and that is Red Bull. That can easily change, but this past weekend proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the team still struggle with handling pressure competently.

Red Bull have a clear number 1, who they're not ashamed to tell their number 2 to move over for. They're confident in their race strategy, and are bringing updates in a timely manner and on schedule. They've also shown they can win on weekends they're not the fastest, which is one of the tells on who's on the road to a title.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB has the advantage on next two tracks. I expect a DNF from either of RB.
    And that's just the thing, Red Bull don't squander weekends they have the advantage, and they're ready to swoop in and capitalize on their rivals incompetence. This is how they beat Mercedes last year.

Ah, the Schumi days, when Ferrari would go into a weekend half a second off McLaren, Williams, or Renault, and then pull out the win with strategy and awesome flying laps from Schumi.

Right now, there are two teams that deserve race wins, Red Bull and Ferrari. But there's only one team that are performing worthy of the championship, and that is Red Bull. That can easily change, but this past weekend proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the team still struggle with handling pressure competently.

Red Bull have a clear number 1, who they're not ashamed to tell their number 2 to move over for. They're confident in their race strategy, and are bringing updates in a timely manner and on schedule. They've also shown they can win on weekends they're not the fastest, which is one of the tells on who's on the road to a title.
    Very well said and i as much as it pains me to see our team make costly mistakes, hopefully we'll learn from them QUICK....as it will be hard to beat red bull decisions, strategy group they have.....as it's working like a WELL OILED MACHINE

Alonso single-handedly showed why Monte Carlo is a worthless track that needs to be dropped from the calendar.

Ferrari single-handedly showed that the only team that can defeat Ferrari is Ferrari.

Charles single-handedly showed that he is way too nice to be champion

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Alonso single-handedly showed why Monte Carlo is a worthless track that needs to be dropped from the calendar.
    I think there's still some "bad blood" between Alonso and Lewis......Hungary2021 and now Monte Carlo2022. Alonso is sure making it difficult for Lewis when he gets the chance.

But it just was'nt Alonso holding up Lewis, Latifi held up Sainz and Albon held up Leclerc, under CONSTANT blue flag conditions. Both of those drivers are partly to blame for losing precious seconds to Sainz and Leclerc on the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Why the FIA and the Stewards won't race WHILE IT'S RAINING.

Sebastian Vettel on Pirelli's extreme wet tyres: "They are way too hard for this track [Monaco], but it was the same at Imola too. It's just a bad tyre.

Vettel: "In rainy weather, we know that the current cars have a lot of aquaplaning. Pirelli hasn't worked on this subject for years and everyone knows it. So we have to wait until it stops raining to be able to launch a race."

Vettel: "I remember the days when we could have driven here in the rain, with no problem with this amount of water, but with these tyres it is impossible."

Vettel: "Looking at them, the 'extreme wet' looks good but in fact they're useless. As soon as you can switch to intermediate, you do it straight away."

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think there's still some "bad blood" between Alonso and Lewis......Hungary2021 and now Monte Carlo2022. Alonso is sure making it difficult for Lewis when he gets the chance.

But it just was'nt Alonso holding up Lewis, Latifi held up Sainz and Albon held up Leclerc, under CONSTANT blue flag conditions. Both of those drivers are partly to blame for losing precious seconds to Sainz and Leclerc on the track.
    Latifi/Sainz and Albon/Leclerc are individual battles. Alonso held up 13 people from P7 down. No one could pass.

This track was hard to pass before but with these cars growing to comedic proportions the track is no longer viable.

Albon didn’t let Leclerc lap him because ‘it was quicker for both of us if I stayed ahead’

Alexander Albon has explained why he infuriated Charles Leclerc by refusing to let the Ferrari driver lap him at a crucial moment during the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Williams driver emerged from the pits in front of Leclerc on lap 18. Albon had switched to slick tyres while the former race leader had put intermediate rubber on two laps earlier.

Leclerc caught Albon at Massenet, but despite a series of blue flags around the rest of the lap, Albon refused to let him by. The Ferrari driver became increasingly frustrated, exclaiming “Come on! What the ****?” on his radio as he followed the Williams.

As the next lap began Albon’s race engineer began telling him to Leclerc past. But the Williams skidded off the track at Sainte Devote anyway, which allowed Leclerc by.

Albon defended his refusal to make way, saying his slick tyres meant he would have quickly been able to re-pass Leclerc had he let the Ferrari through.

“It’s tricky because we went out on slicks and we had a massive pace advantage,” Albon explained. “It would take three corners to let him past and then I would have been straightaway quick enough to re-overtake him again.

“You get into a position where, in my eyes, for both of us, it was quicker if I just stayed ahead, because I would have pulled away pretty much straight away. So that’s it really.

“It’s one of those awkward situations. But in my eyes it was a bit like if we let him right past we’re going to overtake him straight back again.”

Despite his error and later retirement with a technical problem, Albon was pleased with his car’s performance.

“Honestly, our pace was good enough and I wasn’t just driving it like qualifying,” he said. “I was managing everything and I was feeling strong with the car.

“So we do have positives and we know race pace is a positive for us. So as bleak as today was or the result was, I think it’s been a step forward for us.”

Albon picked up a five-second time penalty during the race for gaining an advantage over Mick Schumacher by cutting across the chicane. The stewards gave him a penalty point, which puts him on a total of four.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/05/30/...-stayed-ahead/

Here's a video of Albon holding up Leclerc while omitting the blue flags:

https://twitter.com/FiftyBucksVT/sta...CzlcbOhsAqAAAA

Ferrari single-handedly showed that the only team that can defeat Ferrari is Ferrari.

Charles single-handedly showed that he is way too nice to be champion
    Agree on all points but the last.

Charles is like Michael. He'll never badmouth the team, even when things are their fault. I'd much rather have a driver that loses with class, as opposed to the unbelievable childish displays by the "GOAT" all time, who disgraced and smeared the entire sport in defeat.

I realized something

lap 21

Verstappen's time 1.24.805
    Albon's time 1.33.467
    Leclerc's time 1.28.156

redbull driver albon tried to slow leclerc down. even though all our strategic mistakes, leclerc would out from the pit lane in front of verstappen. even like *8-10 second*

stopid williams drivers blocked our way, also other drunk so called latifi slowed sainz down as well.

we should have protested them instead of redbulls

If there was such a thing in football, everyone would think it was match-fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    I realized something

lap 21

Verstappen's time 1.24.805
    Albon's time 1.33.467
    Leclerc's time 1.28.156

redbull driver albon tried to slow leclerc down. even though all our strategic mistakes, leclerc would out from the pit lane in front of verstappen. even like *8-10 second*

stopid williams drivers blocked our way, also other drunk so called latifi slowed sainz down as well.

we should have protested them instead of redbulls

If there was such a thing in football, everyone would think it was match-fixing.
    I agree

Alexander Albon leaving Monaco with Christian Horner

https://www.sportvideos.tv/video-ale...765f-uRU7RtGac

its interesting that we didnt protest them yet. albon ignored blue flag more than 15 times
    Attached Images Attached Images

Agree on all points but the last.

Charles is like Michael. He'll never badmouth the team, even when things are their fault. I'd much rather have a driver that loses with class, as opposed to the unbelievable childish displays by the "GOAT" all time, who disgraced and smeared the entire sport in defeat.
    I highly disagree.

https://youtu.be/Zm4PFEE8C3o

Sometimes people need to get a mouth full of helmet to learn the lesson.

Charles is too nice. Nice guys finish last.

Red bull is the new mercedes they will get away with everything and will involve other teams to help with there conquests, who on earth would know what the trade off would be? Maybe intellectual property only tiny bits.Whatever it is ferrari has to beat them on the track hard like a war leave red bull in its wake.Ferrari need to break there spirit.If the Dnf did not occur and the strategy did not go wrong then ferrari would be the absolute toast of fi redbull would now be on the back foot, in every aspect imaginable, in both races ferrari led by a country mile, my thoughts are ferrari will bounce back no doubt and red bull know this.

I highly disagree.

https://youtu.be/Zm4PFEE8C3o

Sometimes people need to get a mouth full of helmet to learn the lesson.

Charles is too nice. Nice guys finish last.
    I know it sounds a bit cheap.
    But, why can't Ferrari use HAAS to our advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I know it sounds a bit cheap.
    But, why can't Ferrari use HAAS to our advantage?
    I don’t know why? I would have. I would also use Alfa.

It’s simple to do, hey guys, you like our engines and the help we provide? Good. Never let a RBR car pass no matter what. If you accidentally crash into them while defending we will discount the engines by the cost of repair you incur. Deal? Cool! Let’s roll.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bull is the new mercedes they will get away with everything and will involve other teams to help with there conquests, who on earth would know what the trade off would be? Maybe intellectual property only tiny bits.Whatever it is ferrari has to beat them on the track hard like a war leave red bull in its wake.Ferrari need to break there spirit.If the Dnf did not occur and the strategy did not go wrong then ferrari would be the absolute toast of fi redbull would now be on the back foot, in every aspect imaginable, in both races ferrari led by a country mile, my thoughts are ferrari will bounce back no doubt and red bull know this.
    Hard to do because Ferrari is too busy beating themselves at the track.