Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    Ferrari really messed up their strategy today, this should have been a 1,2.
    Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Easy 1-2 thrown away by pathetic pitwall
    Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    I’m so disappointed. Absolutely unbelievable. It was so easy and right in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Clowns
    Total clowns. Unbelievable how they took a good qualifying performance by the drivers and totally mess it up for no reason whatsoever. What's so hard about covering Perez who was obviously flying after pitting first? Why wait and wait until Leclerc loses his pit stop gap before pitting him? Fair play to Sainz for calling the tyre switch but Ferrari really screwed their drivers today. They should be ashamed.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    What about Verstappen crossing the pit exit line?
    Nada, zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Nada, zilch.
    Typical Stewarding

So both drivers wanted to go to slicks directly and the pit wall decided otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    He reminds me of Alonso in 2012 "we'll come back stronger", hope he doesn't meet the same fate.

Yet another pole position that goes to waste. I didn't even get over excited about our Friday and Saturday performances because they don't matter to me anymore. Our problem is on Sunday, and that continues to be the case.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Leclercs post race interview was quite telling. He's clearly frustrated with the team.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And?
    And what??? Ferrari, Mercedes and RedBull want an increase in the budget so it looks like they will go over the cost cap budget.

the same thing happened in 2008.
    Front row lock-out wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    And what??? Ferrari, Mercedes and RedBull want an increase in the budget so it looks like they will go over the cost cap budget.
    They need all the teams to agree, which they are not going to do so no they won't go over the budget cap.
    Forza Ferrari

Leclercs post race interview was quite telling. He's clearly frustrated with the team.
    Time for him to act like the Number 1 and demand some changes. He can't be passive all the time.

Ferrari must make some changes at the pitwall. It can't go on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    What about Verstappen crossing the pit exit line?
    Personally I couldn't care less. I'm far more upset about our pathetic performance than whether Max crossed the line or not and whether he gets punished or not. It's not Max's indiscretions that are costing us wins and points, it's our own incompetence.
    Last edited by ntukza; 29th May 2022 at 17:18.
    Forza Ferrari

They need all the teams to agree, which they are not going to do so no they won't go over the budget cap.
    We wait and see but there are articles suggesting otherwise currently. How many teams does Mercedes supply engines too??? And Ferrari???

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Time for him to act like the Number 1 and demand some changes. He can't be passive all the time.

Ferrari must make some changes at the pitwall. It can't go on like this.
    I agree.........................buuuuuuut Ferrari's ethos has always been, no one driver is bigger than Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    the same thing happened in 2008.
    Front row lock-out wasted.
    It was wasted by Massa and Raikkonen and their terrible wet weather driving. Today is completely different. Charles was dominating the first part of the race when the track was wet. But all of his hard works were un-done by the clowns at the pitwall.

It was wasted by Massa and Raikkonen and their terrible wet weather driving. Today is completely different. Charles was dominating the first part of the race when the track was wet. But all of his hard works were un-done by the clowns at the pitwall.
    +1

It was wasted by Massa and Raikkonen and their terrible wet weather driving. Today was completely different. Charles was dominating the first part of the race when the track was wet. But all of his hard works were un-done by the clowns at the pitwall.
    I've always believed the driver should make the final decision when it comes to tyres.

I've always believed the driver should make the final decision when it comes to tyres.
    Disagree. The pit wall strategists have more information on everyone's times and when to pit (coming out on traffic) to include the pit delta window ANNND who pitted for the undercut or overcut all live streaming on their laptops.

Unfortunately, the Ferrari strategists were eating pasta with their vino at this time. It caught them off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Personally I couldn't care less. I'm far more upset about our pathetic performance than whether Max crossed the line or not and whether he gets punched or not. It's not Max's indiscretions that are costing us wins and points, it's our own incompetence.

This time i couldn't agree with you more!

Looks like our pitwall are a back to their tricks again. This wasn't a simple error......this was an embarrassing!!! We cant do this ***** man!!! not on a track where we should have won easily!........I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous!
    Drive it like you stole it!

We wait and see but there are articles suggesting otherwise currently. How many teams does Mercedes supply engines too??? And Ferrari???

What articles have you seen all the teams agreeing?
    Forza Ferrari

Not with Ferrari it seems...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Disagree. The pit wall strategists have more information on everyone's times and when to pit (coming out on traffic) to include the pit delta window ANNND who pitted for the undercut or overcut all live streaming on their laptops.

Unfortunately, the Ferrari strategists were eating pasta with their vino at this time. It caught them off guard.
    In such cases like today (changing conditions). It should be drivers call.

Yup most of the team opposed it already. Including haas or Alfa R

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In such cases like today (changing conditions). It should be drivers call.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Personally I couldn't care less. I'm far more upset about our pathetic performance than whether Max crossed the line or not and whether he gets punched or not. It's not Max's indiscretions that are costing us wins and points, it's our own incompetence.
    I totally agree with you, but the rules should be followed and he should be penalized.
    You see this is Redbull's advantage over us they keep bitching and nagging about everything and they try to put pressure on us before and after every race and yet all we do is accept it gracefully.
    Unless we become cold blooded and don't care about our competitors we're never gonna be champions again, Sadly.

its only benefical when you know the timing of what and when.

but today, sainz was better on guessing when and which tyres should be changed (than so called strategists)

I did'nt say that "all the teams agreeing" as you put it. I merely said there are articles suggesting the top teams want an increase in the budget cap.

Strategist / Strategy cost Charles Ferrari win at Monaco.

I did'nt say that "all the teams agreeing" as you put it. I merely said there are articles suggesting the top teams want an increase in the budget cap.
    Yeah and the same articles will tell you many other teams do not agree. So they can't just break the budget cap.
    Forza Ferrari