Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    People forget that while Vettel did wear clown shoes, he was under enormous pressure to totally carry a car that was underpowered compared to Mercedes, and a pitwall that screwed him constantly. He tried to make it up with overdriving.
    And the worst quality of Seb as a driver is that he bottles when at massive pressure under the track. Combine that with off track issues, it's no wonder he got screwed over. He never should've been in this position to even look at strategy instead of focusing 100% on driving, in the first place.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Bahrain and Australia, Max scored 0 points out of potential 36.

Spain and Monaco, Charles scores 12 points out of potential 50.

So at the end of the day, Charles lost more points than Max.

This is not how you win the WDC/WCC.

Putain, j'ai arrêté de suivre la F1 depuis l'époque Raikkonen a cause de ces stratégies de merde qui me met hors de moi..ils sont vraiment nulls. On ne gagné rien sans prendre de risques...

Ferrari started the season off so good, but as we all feared, they're showing they haven't matured as a team, and Bahrain and Melbourne were exceptions to the rule.

3 races in a row Leclerc gets pole, and for 3 races he something out of his control cost him. In Miami it was the lack of straight line speed and graining, then in Barcelona it was the PU. Those could be forgiven, but today was 100% armature hour from the team, choking under the pressure Red Bull were able to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Lost 2 more points than Verstappen. His spin in Imola didn't help either whereas Verstappen got off scot free with his trip to the gravel in Spain.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I missed the race today, I only know there was a lot of rain and we finished P2 and P4.
    What happened? how did Charles lose 3 places?

The factory, the drivers (Charles) and the pit crews are doing great job. But the clowns at the pitwall are pouring hot water on their accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

There’s engine penalty incoming at some point for both drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Next two tracks are RB favoured. If we don’t counter RB at those tracks, I don’t have any hope going into the summer break where ferrari can strike back.
    I've learned not to read too much into what tracks one thinks a car will be suited to. Baku has a ton of tight corners and technical sections for the Ferrari to pull away from Red Bull, and we saw in Barcelona RB's straight line advantage was negligible. Montreal will be tougher, but there are some aero upgrades scheduled for that race. So a race winner at either is possible.

OTOH, Ferrari seem hell bent are bringing the worst strategy and chickening out under pressure with both technical and strategical decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I missed the race today, I only know there was a lot of rain and we finished P2 and P4.
    It wasn't the car and it wasn't Leclerc or Sainz.........so take a guess who messed up???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It wasn't the car and it wasn't Leclerc or Sainz.........so take a guess who messed up???
    Binotto?

Strategy blunder.

Another disaster. I was hoping to retire this avatar. Lots of life in it yet unfortunately.

The only positive? Sainz making the start after his qualy damage.

Binotto?
    I didn't even see him this weekend so I really hope this guy caught a break and isn't actually at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Strategy blunder.
    damn.

So over the radio Leclerc was told to box and then not to as he was already turning in to the pits....?

Binotto?
    Well, that's close but it was the pit strategy call.

Ferrari simply don't deserve to win either championship as things stand right now. They're not as hooked up as a team as Red Bull. Charles will win some more races before the season is out, but Red Bull are just eating their lunch when it comes to making the tough calls on and off the track.

For Red Bull, clearly defined number 1 and team orders, bring updates to race weekends no excuses, good pit strategy, not worried about other peoples budgets.

Imola? Could've brought a new floor, elected not to because it was a sprint race. Red Bull? Brought their updates and ate the team alive. Miami? Could've used a new LDW wing, but elected not to for fear of track surface. They ate up the tires anyways and the Red Bull's blasted by them on the straights. Barcelona was bad luck. Sainz making mistakes everywhere. Now todays stupidity on the pitwall.

This has to be a wake up call to the team that they're going to lose both titles. They have make Sainz number 2, stop being afraid to take the car out of their comfort zone, bring updates on time, and FFS, have strategy worth a damn.
    Last edited by RossTheBoss; 29th May 2022 at 16:42.

What a pathetic display from our pit wall. Totally unacceptable!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Ferrari simply don't deserve to win either championship as things stand right now. They're not as hooked up as a team as Red Bull. Charles will win some more races before the season is out, but Red Bull are just eating their lunch when it comes to making the tough calls on and off the track.

For Red Bull, clearly defined number 1 and team orders, bring updates to race weekends no excuses, good pit strategy, not worried about other peoples budgets.
    And still have a slower car.....with their budget nearly gone. Ferrari can and will still win the championships.
    Forza Ferrari

What about Verstappen crossing the pit exit line?

There's many times that i could see a point in a bad strategy of our team and said to myself that it was just bad luck ,the circumstances etc. This is propably the 1st time that i really see NO POINT in our stategy. It was a very simple task. You race in Monaco ,you have the 1st 2 places and with a healty lead.What do you do ??? JUST COPY THE OTHERS BEHIND YOU !!!!!!!!!!! you dont have/need to take any risks at all,dont have to play with strategy to gain something bacause YOU ARE IN FRONT !!!!!!!!! Even if your rival stategy is wrong you still are in front of them !!!! WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING these 3-4 laps after Perez pit i cant understand !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't know why it's so hard for Ferrari to get wins here.
    Only 2 wins since the start of this century??

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And still have a slower car.....with their budget nearly gone. Ferrari can and will still win the championships.
    The top teams are all complaining about increasing the budget due to inflation and delivery costs.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Horner praying to Satan for the win.
    He doesn't need to mate when he's got our pit wall to contend with. Why mock him with such a silly and unnecessary religious joke when he did nothing wrong but make good calls for his drivers???
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    What about Verstappen crossing the pit exit line?
    No investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    There's many times that i could see a point in a bad strategy of our team and said to myself that it was just bad luck ,the circumstances etc. This is propably the 1st time that i really see NO POINT in our stategy. It was a very simple task. You race in Monaco ,you have the 1st 2 places and with a healty lead.What do you do ??? JUST COPY THE OTHERS BEHIND YOU !!!!!!!!!!! you dont have/need to take any risks at all,dont have to play with strategy to gain something bacause YOU ARE IN FRONT !!!!!!!!! Even if your rival stategy is wrong you still are in front of them !!!! WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING these 3-4 laps after Perez pit i cant understand !!!
    As per guess, ferrari pit wall were caught out in a confusion whether to go for H or inters. I don’t see any other reason for delay in pitting Carlos or Charles.

If ferrari were to win championship everything should come together. Currently pit wall is lacking aggression to make right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    As per guess, ferrari pit wall were caught out in a confusion whether to go for H or inters. I don’t see any other reason for delay in pitting Carlos or Charles.

If ferrari were to win championship everything should come together. Currently pit wall is lacking aggression to make right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The top teams are all complaining about increasing the budget due to inflation and delivery costs.
    And?
    Forza Ferrari