Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    Ohhh ok good to know. My bad then

Anyone with more advanced knowledge can explain why we lack on tyre mgmt compared to RBs;
    From what I know downforce is a friend of the tyres and we are able to generate a very good amount of it since being draggier
    We're compensating downforce for mimimal porpoising.....the porpoising is'nt gone but it's not as excessive like before....so currently, we're having to find the balance with downforce to minimize the porpoising.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We're compensating downforce for mimimal porpoising.....the porpoising is'nt gone but it's not as excessive like before....so currently, we're having to find the balance with downforce to minimize the porpoising.
    Thanks man appreciated. So in short terms that RB floor is better than ours

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    Thanks man appreciated. So in short terms that RB floor is better than ours
    RBR rectified the porpoising with a special rear suspension that absorbs the porpoising. The floor definitely helps but the suspension geometry in the rear is a big advantage.

It does appear that the update has closed the straight line advantage RBR to only be slight, and that's huge if during the race RB don't have that advantage. It would mean tires and racecraft will be the deciding factor, instead of Max just driving by Charles on the front straight.

Sainz told in post quali interview that he doesn't have a new set of Softs for "first stint" tomorrow!! Are we planning to use the softs on the first stint?

LOL!

Hamilton: "We can beat Ferrari tomorrow".

Dude, anything can happen, but you can't even beat your teammate right now, Mr GOAT.

He's down on Russel every sectors, and ideal lap... Yeah he has to shut his trap.

Race pace was worrying in fp. I hope they found something for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    He's down on Russel every sectors, and ideal lap... Yeah he has to shut his trap.

Race pace was worrying in fp. I hope they found something for tomorrow.
    Didn't someone said that in fp3 race Sim the pace was good

Yes today race sim was very good for Ferrari for 11 laps …

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Yes today race sim was very good for Ferrari for 11 laps …
    No tire deg like yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    No tire deg like yesterday?
    LEC:

1:24.605
    1:24.974
    1:25.108
    1:25.162
    1:25.747
    1:25.795
    1:25.705
    1:25.782
    X
    1:25.366
    1:25.905
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Great comeback from Charles in Q3 to take pole after his spin, incredible lap. Watching Carlos driver's eye view from the cockpit made the porpoising still look bad, it can't be helping his performance. It'll be a very close race tomorrow and hope the tyre deg has been minimised otherwise we won't be in a happy place. Forza ragazzi.

Charles has a fresh set of soft tyres left!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Anybody else notice CL, tuck his head down on the run to the finish?

Folks on here are so exhausting. One minute, "Leclerc doesn't have the edge", "I don't see Leclerc taking pole." Next minute, "Wow Leclerc what a talent." Come on guys. Why don't you just watch the quali and wait for the results instead of making silly predictions all the way through and then looking like fools at the end?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Anyway, well done CL. What a stunning lap!
    That said, pole has been within reach all season - the real test for us is tomorrow. I'm encouraged by the comments that our race pace comparison between yesterday and today is day and night. Hoping for a 1-2 tomorrow.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Anyway, well done CL. What a stunning lap!
    That said, pole has been within reach all season - the real test for us is tomorrow. I'm encouraged by the comments that our race pace comparison between yesterday and today is day and night. Hoping for a 1-2 tomorrow.
    Dont know how it will end tomorrow , but take a look above of Lec long stint (11 laps ,pretty much the same as yesterday) on softs. The times are very good and consistant. He could do 1:25:3 after 11 laps . So yes its pretty much night and day from yesterday ,dont you think ???!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

There's a lot of schizophrenic posts in this thread
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I affraid day and night is a bit optimistic. The Fp2 setting was overheating the rear tires. It was better in fp3 with the work done on the simulator, but we don't know if it will be enough to beat RB. Let's hope

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I affraid day and night is a bit optimistic. The Fp2 setting was overheating the rear tires. It was better in fp3 with the work done on the simulator, but we don't know if it will be enough to beat RB. Let's hope
    OUR race pace was night and day from yesterday . i said already that i dont know how it will and up tomorrow (if we actually have simillar-better pace then the Bulls). I only commented on our pace. The other thong i think is that todays and of FP3 our that we did the run ,is more represantative - closer to race time then yesterdays and of FP2. and again ALL this can change tomorrow as it changed in Miami and in the race couldnt handle the tires as we did on FPs !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Guys any info on top speed?
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    OUR race pace was night and day from yesterday . i said already that i dont know how it will and up tomorrow (if we actually have simillar-better pace then the Bulls). I only commented on our pace. The other thong i think is that todays and of FP3 our that we did the run ,is more represantative - closer to race time then yesterdays and of FP2. and again ALL this can change tomorrow as it changed in Miami and in the race couldnt handle the tires as we did on FPs !!
    Horner said our race pace today was comparable to the one they had (in fp2 I think). That's good and I'm going 100% your way. I wanted to be careful about the degradation, RB has been strong in the last two races. On our side, with our updates, i hope we will have fewer compromises of settings to make and less push the performance, but it still remains to be checked

Hopefully RB compromised some of their race pace to get pole today because we had such poor pace yesterday.... Hopefully this balances things out or gives us an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Folks on here are so exhausting. One minute, "Leclerc doesn't have the edge", "I don't see Leclerc taking pole." Next minute, "Wow Leclerc what a talent." Come on guys. Why don't you just watch the quali and wait for the results instead of making silly predictions all the way through and then looking like fools at the end?
    i think the people on here are pretty consistent, the ones that know Leclerc is great.

It's the trolls that are the problem.

Let's win.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Sainz told in post quali interview that he doesn't have a new set of Softs for "first stint" tomorrow!! Are we planning to use the softs on the first stint?
    Could be. From what I've seen so far, the softs are over a second faster than the mediums and nearly 2 seconds faster than the hards. So soft tyres do have a significant advantage over it's more durable siblings.

I still want Ferrari to start the race on mediums or cover what Max does. But Charles having a fresh set gives us flexibility.

Leclerc also ties in poles......Graham Hill, Jack Brabham, Jacky Ickx, Jacques Villaneuve, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Mark Webber.