Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP Thread - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

What a downer this Q was

Sainz will really be going down Vettel's path of overdoing something when he's on the backfoot and under pressure at this rate. Hope he can salvage back to at least P3-P5 tomorrow.

Another Red Flag. P2 for Charles.

Such anticlimax

This is one of the worst qualifying I have ever seen.

Such horse $#!+

At least Charles has three chances to get past. Two starts and one pit stop. One gigantic meh, especially the no red flag for 20 seconds after the Alfa appeared on screen. Pathetic.

I really hate this sprint weekend format ... it messes up the entire flow of a GP weekend IMHO

What a clown show this was... But I'll say this. if we were fast enough, we would be ahead. So it will not be as easy as we thought.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Could crofty be any happier? Unbelievable the hate he has for Ferrari. How could you be happy with a qualifying like that? Disgusting.

What a shame for Charles. Hopefully we can make up places in the sprint. Forza Ferrari
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So we're P2 and P10, Red Bull P1 and P7.

It's a pole for Max but we will never know who was fastest........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Could crofty be any happier? Unbelievable the hate he has for Ferrari. How could you be happy with a qualifying like that? Disgusting.

What a shame for Charles. Hopefully we can make up places in the sprint. Forza Ferrari
    You're hearing things. Crofty was also quite happy when Charles got the pole in Australia.

And as a commentator, you can't afford to sound like a downer at the end of qualifying, unless there is a big accident.

At least the dirty side has been completely neutralized for the dry tomorrow so Charles has a good chance to make a start. He would also easily clear Norris should he fall behind him the moment DRS comes into play. Hopefully we can get Carlos back to the second row before the main race.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Thank you.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

P2 isnt bad at all given the lottery with the conditions and the red flags. We never got to see the pace of Leclerc fully. Full attack tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I really hate this sprint weekend format ... it messes up the entire flow of a GP weekend IMHO
    Thereforeit should be abanoned, as it is stupid!!!!

The gap between Charles and Max is 46 points. He doesn't need to take any risks.

Good Lord ... I really despise these Sky TV Morons. Trying to find issues with everything. They want K-Mag removed from the Q3 results ... even though they say otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You're hearing things. Crofty was also quite happy when Charles got the pole in Australia.

And as a commentator, you can't afford to sound like a downer at the end of qualifying, unless there is a big accident.
    I guess, but it was disappointing for us Tifosi and anti-climatic.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Thereforeit should be abanoned, as it is stupid!!!!
    Me too i hate it. It feels weird to have a qualifying on friday.

We also have a better acceleration, a good start is all we need. The nature of the track, the F1-75's competitiveness and Leclerc's talent will be more than enough to handle the rest.

P2 is fine in these conditions, but Carlos - FFS!! *** are you doing man? Beaching a Ferrari is unacceptable, especially a title winning one.

Any news on CS car, damage vise?

Come race day if it is dry Ferrari is P1 & P2. Mark it.

2 hours of red flag filled "qualifying" that doesn't even determine the grid for Sunday's race. Kind of a waste of time if you ask me.

Carlos another big mistake. Still has the sprint race to move forward, but its not an easy track to pass. He just seems to be pushing too hard.

Is Red Bull really that fast? Who knows. I kind of doubt it.

Mercedes out of the top 10. Can't say that means anything yet as we saw Hamilton plow through the field in the Brazil 2021 Sprint race.

Anticlimax session, no need to risk for Charles so P2 for sprint is OK. Unneccesary risk for Carlos, too many crashes, too many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The way this car runs in the wet it might be time to dust off E40's rap jam 'Sprinkle Me' at this rate

Fratello/tifoso = singular
    Fratelli/tiofsi = plural

Important distinction. My Italian ain't great but the grammar and vocabulary basics are there
    I am fully aware of the singular/plural versions of Italian, tifoso svedese, but please be aware that 'fratelliferrari' in this case is his own title for the purpose of TSN! I am pleased that your Italian is good enough to correct me, and I will not take offence!

didnt i see somewhere that we had plenty of pace? cant we get p1 back again tommorow? it would nice to see what CL can do following tbh.
    Hope someone tells CS to stop trying so hard to not be number 2 and just race

did anyone watch FP1. is CL 1.4 faster than MV for real?
    we're number one

People need to remember that track condidtion playing an extremely important role in those sessions even in just two 2 minutes. Max had 2 push laps in Q3, while Charles only had 1 push lap and 1 prep lap (and he did beat Max in the 1st lap), so that's why Max improved THAT MUCH in the second run. It's not the car or the driver, just Charles didn't have another chance

Quali was a mess with all the red flags and doesn't even stand for the actual GP so the whole sprint weekend format is a waste of time, effort and money, especially in poor weather for the fans. Please drop it. Happy for Charles to get P2, doesn't mean much except for the sprint race, Carlos needs to get it together although one slight error is painful in those conditions. We'll see where tomorrow leaves us.