Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Australian GP - Race Thread - Charles wins

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I believe it, but now I guess we can't say that the Ferrari is vanilla anymore :)

but actually, if we did turn up the engine, we probably didn't have to.

I think it was Alain Prost who said, the goal in F1 is to win by as little as possible. Now we showed everyone that we have 5bhp more.

Maybe i'm thinking too far ahead, but now, RBT can say, hey let us fix this reliability issue in our engine, and add 5bhp "for the good of the sport".
    Personally, I hope Ferrari has a lot in reserve and can hide that advantage properly to avoid calls for parity. It would be nice to see Ferrari have a 10 year run to counter balance Mercedes' run.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

That’s the spirit!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    That’s the spirit!
    I think we fans have earned that much having waited so long since Ferrari's last WCC/WDC :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Personally, I hope Ferrari has a lot in reserve and can hide that advantage properly to avoid calls for parity. It would be nice to see Ferrari have a 10 year run to counter balance Mercedes' run.
    You’re a mind reader

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    You’re a mind reader
    Charles in Charge!

I believe it, but now I guess we can't say that the Ferrari is vanilla anymore :)

I think it was Alain Prost who said, the goal in F1 is to win by as little as possible. Now we showed everyone that we have 5bhp more.

Maybe i'm thinking too far ahead, but now, RBT can say, hey let us fix this reliability issue in our engine, and add 5bhp "for the good of the sport".
    That’s the spirit!
    I agree on the strategy.
    Please Mr Binotto just unlock the pace needed to win, not more, not like in 2019 (although I recognise it was just power and today we have a full car)

hopefully they can find a way to test parts, and make iterations, without showiing the pace. I'm sure they can, F1 teams sandbag all the time. Mercedes is still sandbagging!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Porpoising hampers the cars performance. It needs to be fixed.
    Of course it does, but it’s not a priority. We seem very capable of dusting the field even with it. Ferrari will only fix it when they know it won’t cost performance. Fixing it now might might leave us looking like RB; an unbalanced, unpredictable car that chews up its tires.

What Charles did with his fastest lap was worse. Now the competitors know they must not get 0.3-0.5 sec faster but more then 1 sec faster... This was not the smartest thing to do.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    Of course it does, but it’s not a priority. We seem very capable of dusting the field even with it. Ferrari will only fix it when they know it won’t cost performance. Fixing it now might might leave us looking like RB; an unbalanced, unpredictable car that chews up its tires.
    Imola is the next GP. Updates are coming for Ferrari to include a new floor. Hopefully, it fixes the porpoising issue so we can be done with it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Not sure if sprint race weekend is an ideal place for upgrades. Imola is going to be a sprint race, so only one practice session and then straight to qualifying. So not ideal at all.

We need to fix the porpoising but its not like we're in a desperate situation.

Binotto: “Because of the sprint race, is not the right moment nor the suitable track for experimenting.”

I think we fans have earned that much having waited so long since Ferrari's last WCC/WDC :)
    Yessir!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    What Charles did with his fastest lap was worse. Now the competitors know they must not get 0.3-0.5 sec faster but more then 1 sec faster... This was not the smartest thing to do.
    He should have slowed down and come in second. That way they wouldn’t know our true pace. Show off. Who needs the extra point anyway?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Binotto: “Because of the sprint race, is not the right moment nor the suitable track for experimenting.”
    But as far as I understand, RB will have a big update package in Imola, right?

Possible, we will see. They are under presure, not us.
    Since this race is not the right one to achieve new parts evaluation, their updates could be more weigh saving than aerodynamic.

Till now RedBull declares that there is nothing wrong with the ice ,but it was fuel system troubles .
    So they can't fix something on the ICE for reliability issues!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Let them sweat. We had to endure all the <censored> about advantage AMG.
    Time for everyone to remember that Ferrari has the best engine.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

He should have slowed down and come in second. That way they wouldn’t know our true pace. Show off. Who needs the extra point anyway?
    Exactly; I mean, we must be cheating, how can Ferrari be so fast, right? :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Charles should not fear the development of redbull or any other team for that matter.The way I see it catch ferrari if you can.remember the salary cap and 140 million and dropping in this sport does not go far.I believe ferrari will have the most amount of money for development in hand after any upgrades forthcoming.

Carlos Sainz's Chaotic Weekend | Jolyon Palmer's F1 TV Analysis | 2022 Australian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezAVJS5FZpE

EXPLAINED: F1 Fuel Tanks! | F1 TV Tech Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsvU8_bb4Q

Thanks for the links, fratello.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

We have a lot more than 5bhp. Let them sweat.

Plus, Charles said they thought they would struggle here so they genuinely thought they needed the extra power. What a pleasant surprise.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Our competitors are well down the road with their next updates, only to be shown that the gains they will make are nowhere near good enough! And that's due to something they can't do anything about (power).
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    We have a lot more than 5bhp. Let them sweat.

Plus, Charles said they thought they would struggle here so they genuinely thought they needed the extra power. What a pleasant surprise.
    What amuses me is the level of desperation I can see (already??) in several sites (that I will not name, why should I advertise them) where fans of certain teams already hope
    that Ferrari is almost developed in full, so , when (random example) Mercedes finally solves their issue, not only they will catch up, but, they will also get ahead into a heroic race to WDC / WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    What amuses me is the level of desperation I can see (already??) in several sites (that I will not name, why should I advertise them) where fans of certain teams already hope
    that Ferrari is almost developed in full, so , when (random example) Mercedes finally solves their issue, not only they will catch up, but, they will also get ahead into a heroic race to WDC / WCC.
    What did they call their last big update? Legendary?
    True, we will remember it for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Exactly; I mean, we must be cheating, how can Ferrari be so fast, right? :D
    I think we have to be careful here, because Mercedes and Red Bull together can coerce the governing body into making clarifications that could hurt Ferrari. This is what I was referring to when I suggested Ferrari should not show its true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    From the press conference:

George Russell: "The Mercedes safety car is 5s faster than the Aston Martin safety car."

Charles Leclerc: "Let's put a Ferrari safety car, then it will be 5s faster than a Mercedes."
    I would love to see an FXX as a safety car

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I would love to see an FXX as a safety car
    With Jean Alesi or Nigel Mansell behind the wheel