Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly , I meant the two holes between the NGK and Brembo stickers..

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Has there been any feedback on the performance of the new floor?
    No source talked about it yet but there seems to be other modifications as well

carlos-sainz-jr-ferrari-f1-75-11.jpg

Don't know if they're for the same purpose

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post

Okay thanks.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    Sorry I didn't explain myself properly , I meant the two holes between the NGK and Brembo stickers..
    Could be anything. But I think it's a temporary placeholder for the tyre temperature monitoring sensor.

Binotto:

"Satisfied is the right word. We are gathering a lot of data, the car is behaving well, especially compared to how we designed it. We are satisfied, despite there is still a lot to learn."
    Now that's what I wanted to hear. Binotto doesn't play around with words, his assessments are always on point. Him being satisfied is an extremely positive sign.

So AMR, Haas, Alpine, and to some extent Alfa Romeo and Red Bull all encountering reliability issues. It's so good to not be on that list. Decent start. Hopefully we will make some improvements before Bahrain and solve the porpoising issue.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Binotto:

Now that's what I wanted to hear. Binotto doesn't play around with words, his assessments are always on point. Him being satisfied is an extremely positive sign.
    Good to hear indeed.

Apparently he also said there won't be any evolutionary changes to the car before Bahrain, and that performance runs will be the focus in the next test.
    Forza Ferrari

This is an article about the Ferrari floor update, it is in Italian, google translate should help.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...ising/8491282/

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    This is an article about the Ferrari floor update, it is in Italian, google translate should help.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...ising/8491282/
    Fantastic to see Binotto and the team reacting so quickly to try and find solutions to the problem! I hope a fix can be found that doesn't interfere with our overall laptime/performance.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post

Is there a vortex of air (or water) preventing the flow from touching the rear wheel? (a bit like Vana's study showed)

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    What's the big deal with sector 3?
    It is a great area to test Car’s mechanical ability. Hungary’s last sector is pretty much same.

Combining sector 2&3 can be a reliable sign for tracks like Monaco , Hungary , Silverstone , Singapore.

So you can be competitive at most of the tracks with enough Powered engine if you fast at spain.

I see Sir Lewis Hamilton has banged in a glory run 1.19.1 to, I suspect, top the timing sheets this week. On the C4 but still it shows intent.

No way are the Mercs going to struggle this season. Just hope that - for once - we can give them a good kicking.
    Trying to be less angry..

How long was he out after that run, ie, was it on fumes?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I see Sir Lewis Hamilton has banged in a glory run 1.19.1 to, I suspect, top the timing sheets this week. On the C4 but still it shows intent.

No way are the Mercs going to struggle this season. Just hope that - for once - we can give them a good kicking.
    From Motorpsort.com:

2:53 Hamilton takes 0.003s out of his time to set a 1m19.138s - on C5s.

13:00 It looked as thought Hamilton was going to end the session with another fastest lap - but he backed off massively! What a tease...

God I hope they do not win another race. 8 years of dominance wasn't enough?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Fantastic to see Binotto and the team reacting so quickly to try and find solutions to the problem! I hope a fix can be found that doesn't interfere with our overall laptime/performance.
    Seems that they anticipated ( or reacted very, very quickly ) to the problem. Things finally seem to falling into place for le rosse.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    How long was he out after that run, ie, was it on fumes?
    No idea. He was on an even faster lap but backed out. Mercs the two fastest times of the week, albeit both on C5 (softest?) tyres.

LEC on C3s managed 1.19.7 yesterday so not too shabby!

Think we've probably aced the total number of laps for the test so great for data etc.

Roll on Bahrain test on March 10th!
    Trying to be less angry..

Seems that they anticipated ( or reacted very, very quickly ) to the problem. Things finally seem to falling into place for le rosse.
    Definitely! I can't remember a time when they reacted so quickly!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ableit it with duct tape
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Is there a vortex of air (or water) preventing the flow from touching the rear wheel? (a bit like Vana's study showed)
    Seems that way, the purpose of those large sidepods are apparently to prevent too much turbulent air from hitting the rear tyres. Hopefully that's what the purpose is and Ferrari ends up with significantly less tyre wear than the others! I can't remeber if it was Scarbs or Kyle Engineer that said that.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I take that lap from Hamilton at the end as a good sign. They are rattled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    carlos-sainz-jr-ferrari-f1-75-12.jpg

judging by the direction of water in this picture, it seems that there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    From Motorpsort.com:

2:53 Hamilton takes 0.003s out of his time to set a 1m19.138s - on C5s.

13:00 It looked as thought Hamilton was going to end the session with another fastest lap - but he backed off massively! What a tease...

God I hope they do not win another race. 8 years of dominance wasn't enough?
    Nobody knows where everyone else is standing....1:19...is nothing to write home about when pole last year was into 1:16’s

I’m not usually optimistic....I’m more of a pessimist especially since year over year we get hyped up about Ferrari winter performance only to fall flat on our faces come Q3 in the first race

But this year something tells me Ferrari have built a BEAST....time will tell
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Nothing would please me more, and at least there are positive signs and the porpoise effect is already being challenged. The two Charlies have had a good few days, let's pray that Bahrain will confirm Ferrari's serious intent!

Mercedes don't have a lot left up there sleeve currently.Ferrari has a beast of an engine and have plenty up there sleeve my feeling they are top of the pile currently,lots of laps lots of info no issues,all bodes well.Mclaren a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Mercedes don't have a lot left up there sleeve currently.Ferrari has a beast of an engine and have plenty up there sleeve my feeling they are top of the pile currently,lots of laps lots of info no issues,all bodes well.Mclaren a close second.
    Although I would love to confirm this , right now it's impossible!!! Everyone just doing their work and none knows what exactly it is !!! So you can't know who has how much on his sleeve and what else he can bring to the track performance wise . Even if right now we could be ahead of everybody, we could see o the 2nd test ,Merc and RedBull to bring a huge upgrade that solves whatever problems they have and add more performance, so that could them quite ahead of us (as Binotto said that we won't bring anything special).
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

One of the areas I'm concerned about for us is in-season development which will be extra critical this year, so it's encouraging to see us react this quickly. Having a goob base at the start is important as always but I suspect in-season development will be the decider this season more than ever. I reckon teams can gain or lose lots of places in the constructors based on this.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Although I would love to confirm this , right now it's impossible!!! Everyone just doing their work and none knows what exactly it is !!! So you can't know who has how much on his sleeve and what else he can bring to the track performance wise . Even if right now we could be ahead of everybody, we could see o the 2nd test ,Merc and RedBull to bring a huge upgrade that solves whatever problems they have and add more performance, so that could them quite ahead of us (as Binotto said that we won't bring anything special).
    I agree with this. The only thing I'm taking away from this test is that we have started on a good note and seem to have a decent car that is an improvement on recent years. Anything else regarding how quick we are and how others are doing, I'm waiting until the race weekend.
    Forza Ferrari

My initial thought.
    But the car turns, so, it could be the change of direction causing this.
    We need more photos.

just like this :
    Attachment 7965
    you can make 2 conclusions out of this :
    1. that we run lower engine modes /higher fuel then the others OR
    2. The others have still better engines so on simillar modes we are down on top speed / our car is still dragier and theirs more efficiency

Each one can make his own conclusions !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It was on new C5, the softest available tyre.
    In my opinion, it was just an answer to Russel.
    I don't care at this point for times.
    Last edited by tpe; 25th February 2022 at 19:30.