Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

I wonder what is our program for today.... Carlos put good amount of laps, but kind of slow

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I wonder what is our program for today.... Carlos put good amount of laps, but kind of slow
    Seems most everyone except Perez is currently doing long runs.

According to live timing up, Red Bull has definitely turned up the power. Perez is the fastest man in every minisectors on the straights.

Ferrari and Mercedes on the other hand is heavily turned down. Both were even slower than the first day of Bahrain testing on the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    According to live timing up, Red Bull has definitely turned up the power. Perez is the fastest man in every minisectors on the straights.

Ferrari and Mercedes on the other hand is heavily turned down. Both were even slower than the first day of Bahrain testing on the straights.
    Should they test the engine a bit.... Crank it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12sYok7DhM

Watch his fastest lap timing. Wasn't setting purple mini sectors on the straights. The purples came in the corners and the entire main straight at the start and finish of the lap was yellow mini sectors.

He may have fastest mini sectors added up throughout the day, but they are not done all one one lap. I've seen Perez do 4 "qual" runs while the other teams are doing long runs.

RedBull have 0 porpoising issue. Everyone else hase at least some problem with it. That's why they are fast.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The livery is way too dark red. I don't like it at all

The car itself is very beautiful but for goodness sake go back to proper red.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    RedBull have 0 porpoising issue. Everyone else hase at least some problem with it. That's why they are fast.
    I believe they are the best car at the moment

I'm actually not seeing much porpoising from anyone today. Lets not get carried away too much the RedBull is clearly on a different program to anyone else right now.
    Antony Davidson out on track was actually saying that the Ferrari looks to be the most derivable car out of the ones he is seeing circulating now.
    About engine modes, Martin Brundle claims the engines are reeving higher today than they had the last two days.

Ferrari haven't been porpoising since yesterday evening. And F1-75 is the only car that's not been suffering from understeer during heavy fuel runs.

Don’t want to sound pessimistic but 2011 winter testing still haunts me. We looked pretty solid, racking up miles, team to beat then bang, 3rd fastest

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Don’t want to sound pessimistic but 2011 winter testing still haunts me. We looked pretty solid, racking up miles, team to beat then bang, 3rd fastest
    + 2019!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    That is why for a very long time I am not taking anything from test to make a conclusion. Wait for Q3 at first race!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The livery is way too dark red. I don't like it at all

The car itself is very beautiful but for goodness sake go back to proper red.
    I agree!

Ferrari haven't been porpoising since yesterday evening. And F1-75 is the only car that's not been suffering from understeer during heavy fuel runs.
    a lot of porpoising on Sainz's car from the onboard cam. I thought we sorted that out?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    a lot of porpoising on Sainz's car from the onboard cam. I thought we sorted that out?
    I think it is a complicated function of fuel load, aero and suspension setup. A quick floor fix may reduce at certain loads but not for all conditions out there. But yeah this is a bit worrying.

Sainz is jumping all over the palce, today is the first day I'm certain we are not the fastest nor the most advanced car

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I'm actually not seeing much porpoising from anyone today. Lets not get carried away too much the RedBull is clearly on a different program to anyone else right now.
    Antony Davidson out on track was actually saying that the Ferrari looks to be the most derivable car out of the ones he is seeing circulating now.
    About engine modes, Martin Brundle claims the engines are reeving higher today than they had the last two days.
    Well you are in a need of an eye exam I fear. Everyone except RB suffers from it. It's easy to see, easy to hear. Only RB is just hovering above the ground with no issues at all.

Well you are in a need of an eye exam I fear. Everyone except RB suffers from it. It's easy to see, easy to hear. Only RB is just hovering above the ground with no issues at all.
    Guy? Why the attack? My vision is actually perfect thank you! And we are watching live testing, and yes they are porpoising now. Its all a question of setup DUDE!

This is just being pure Toxic, thank you and good bye. I won't be visiting this forum in a hurry, the level of decorum is below kindergarten.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 12th March 2022 at 09:55.

Could it be due to fuel load. I remember yesterday a lap from Lec and on the straights he was also hovering like RedBull you say does with no movement at all.So lm just guessing in could be due to fuel loads. Maybe a heavier loads the porpoising comes to surface .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Red Bull believes Ferrari is the best car. From their Gps data they see a very competitive F1-75 in the medium speed corners, Mercedes the fastest in the slow. Updates on the RB18 should reduce understeer.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Guy? Why the attack? My vision is actually perfect thank you! And we are watching live testing, and yes they are porpoising now. Its all a question of setup DUDE!

This is just being pure Toxic, thank you and good bye. I won't be visiting this forum in a hurry, the level of decorum is below kindergarten.
    Please don’t get hurt. It’s the way everywhere today, a little sad but not deadly, just a clumsy

Hmm if you take this as toxic well... GL in a real world. This was not toxic at all. I was just saying, that the porpoising is so obvious, that you can't be missing it.

Thank you.
    Can't say its a question of being hurtful, its a question of not being able to have any level of civilized discussion with some of the members here.
    I am really surprised this sort of thing is happening on a forum for fans that are supposedly supporting the same team.
    I am more than fine with people having different views on things, but they should never ever go to personal attracts.

Hmm if you take this as toxic well... GL in a real world. This was not toxic at all. I was just saying, that the porpoising is so obvious, that you can't be missing it.
    I'm doing fine in the real world thank you. You really don't see what you are doing wrong here do you? I don't really care what you think about me, you are the one showing your true colors here.

Please take a step back and think where you took the conversation.
    My comment did not call you any names or anything, I just stated what I was seeing in the live coverage at the time, and proposing was not there at the time (over 2h ago).
    You on the other hand go out with a personal attack, and the level of attack does not matter here as no level should be tolerated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    On his last run, yes. But he wasn't porpoising yesterday evening, nor today before his final run. I think Ferrari is simply testing out some different parameters.

On his last run, yes. But he wasn't porpoising yesterday evening, nor today before his final run. I think Ferrari is simply testing out some different parameters.
    maybe the switched to the older floor to test some things ? im not sure but i think i didnt the see these cuts on the floor during the camera closeup which is the new one introduced on afternoon day 1 of Bahrain test:

floor.png

Piola says Ferrari is focusing on the race only, not the qualifying (he says they’re not aiming for pole). He says that the new brakes are advantageous, that the load given by the sidepods makes it possible to raise the rear to avoid jumps in straights (surprising other teams). Finally, he reports that Ferrari has modified the diffuser
    Last edited by Gilles; 12th March 2022 at 11:44.

It does look very easy to follow other cars so on most tracks one-lap speed will be fairly irrelevant considering DRS is still around. It still means something in Spain and Hungary but on a track like Bahrain not so much.

Guys the New cars feels really slow at slow corners. Even on flying laps looks like an outlap compare to 2021 cars.