Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Andreas Seidl says that Ferrari gives a very strong impression, the car looks planted on track and good to drive, both in Barcelona and now Bahrain.

#SkyGermany #F1Testing
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    whatever they say we for sure should not believe and expect them to be 1s slower. if we are on par we should be happy my opinion. do not forget we had a lot of ground to cover especially engine wise.

we cannot be from almost one second slower to a second faster in a timeframe of 3 months.
    Of course you can with brand new cars ,with brand new engines that you had almost 3 years of research
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

whatever they say we for sure should not believe and expect them to be 1s slower. if we are on par we should be happy my opinion. do not forget we had a lot of ground to cover especially engine wise.

we cannot be from almost one second slower to a second faster in a timeframe of 3 months.
    different rules mate, anythign is possible.....for all we know williams could have the fastest car.....we'll surely find out in Q3 where we stand aginst the others....but i am quietly optimistic....

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    �� Charles Leclerc: "The Ferrari F1-75 behaves very similar to what came out of the simulator. The correlation is very good compared to the past."

(@diegocatalano77)
    That's good.

Stroll is sandbagging

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Stroll is sandbagging
    lol

Of course you can with brand new cars ,with brand new engines that you had almost 3 years of research
    engines are not new, they are an evolution of last year's. Taking in mind the rumors saying we lacked about 25hp last year, in order to achieve this you have to cover those, find what honda and merc gained for 2022 and find another 20-30 extra which its not so simple and easy.

additionally they have to completely screw the aero, ferrari has to completely nail it and our record shows we arent the best at that department contrary with mercs and rbs.

to summarize things i expect them to be strong, from what we see we will be strong, now comes Bahrain Q3 we will all know which one will be on top

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    1. Even if Merc has issues, they will eventually solve them
    2. I accept that they sandbagging. By 1.8 seconds from Ferrari and 2+ from AT?

I think they will have a super diva. Let's see.
    Hats off to Mercedes.
    They have succeeded to twist our mindsets into believing they 're unable to flop.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Merc has destroyed the competition for 8 years in a row. Is it wrong to assume they might still know what they are doing? Also, I had clarified my comment in another post; “best” was referring to past solutions. Yes, you are correct to say that when speaking of this year no one knows what best is yet. I think our car is beautiful and purposeful. Ferrari has put a lot of work into these new regulations and I am optimistic that we will have a good year.
    Actually yes, it's DEAD wrong to assume this.
    New regulations.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

engines are not new, they are an evolution of last year's. Taking in mind the rumors saying we lacked about 25hp last year, in order to achieve this you have to cover those, find what honda and merc gained for 2022 and find another 20-30 extra which its not so simple and easy.

additionally they have to completely screw the aero, ferrari has to completely nail it and our record shows we arent the best at that department contrary with mercs and rbs.

to summarize things i expect them to be strong, from what we see we will be strong, now comes Bahrain Q3 we will all know which one will be on top
    The ice is completely new,at least you have the freedom to design a completely new . I'm saying that under those new rules EVERY team is capable to design/deliver the fastest car. Forget what was the hierarchy until last year. There's no continuation this year!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

�� Charles Leclerc: "The Ferrari F1-75 behaves very similar to what came out of the simulator. The correlation is very good compared to the past."

(@diegocatalano77)
    Regardless of the times, it’s good news

And then you need to take into consideration, what Ferrari has or has not done with their engines (noone knows), what they have done with Shell in terms with the biofuels , and what the rest have done.
    Really, everything is a big unknown. And just thinking that the status of the engines is same with last year is not a certainty.

As for the aero, we've been working on the new rules for two to 3 years, Rorry Byrne has been in a consult rule for specifically this, we sacrificed virtually two years over this and only a blind as a bat person cannot see there's work that's been done.

Really I understand pessimism but then if someone wants to only see black, might as well give up before the start of the season.

To hear you in is not necessary to wait, Ferrari would be behind
    But this is anything but proven
    The horses you count are well announced
    For the rest, we’ll see

Maclaren stopped...red flag....and it seems Brundle is talking positive of Ferrari.

Carlos' comments are interesting however. He says Ferrari sees what they are doing on the GPS and he prefaced that by saying they show up every year, make comments that others are in front and then proceed to destroy the field. Is he implying that Ferrari can already see that the Mercedes is faster?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually yes, it's DEAD wrong to assume this.
    New regulations.
    Bodywork wise yes, but the engines are still an evolution from the previous regulations.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Carlos' comments are interesting however. He says Ferrari sees what they are doing on the GPS and he prefaced that by saying they show up every year, make comments that others are in front and then proceed to destroy the field. Is he implying that Ferrari can already see that the Mercedes is faster?
    Certainly implying they are sandbagging massively. I remember a few years ago at testing Mercedes could see us on the GPS not pushing down the back straight, in fact I'm sure we were intentionally lifting. Also when Red Bull could see Mercedes getting a huge kick of acceleration in zandvoort on the GPS. Also when we got an extra kick halfway down the straights a few seasons back, Mercedes could see it on the GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That is how I understud it

That porpoising is ridiculous. You can say all you want about teams holding back but the minute they look for more performance the cars just bounce everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And then you need to take into consideration, what Ferrari has or has not done with their engines (noone knows), what they have done with Shell in terms with the biofuels , and what the rest have done.
    Really, everything is a big unknown. And just thinking that the status of the engines is same with last year is not a certainty.

As for the aero, we've been working on the new rules for two to 3 years, Rorry Byrne has been in a consult rule for specifically this, we sacrificed virtually two years over this and only a blind as a bat person cannot see there's work that's been done.

Really I understand pessimism but then if someone wants to only see black, might as well give up before the start of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    To hear you in is not necessary to wait, Ferrari would be behind
    But this is anything but proven
    The horses you count are well announced
    For the rest, we’ll see
    im not pessimistic, on the contrary im relatively pessimistic watching the pre season testing and various analysis from f1 experts.

what im saying is that i dont expect them not to be strong or us to be 1s faster

im not pessimistic, on the contrary im relatively pessimistic watching the pre season testing and various analysis from f1 experts.

what im saying is that i dont expect them not to be strong or us to be 1s faster
    Ok
    What we know is that should be ok on the engine side (if Mercedes and Honda are only making the expected progress), and close a bit, or a lot on the châssis side

Believe me , NOONE DOES!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    That is how I understud it
    Nobody knows their rhythm, but everyone sees that they are hiding it, especially with GPS data

It's really frustrating that the cameras aren't showing the Ferrari when it's out.

Sainz #F175

outlap (C3)
    1: 39.044
    1: 39.636
    1: 40.108
    1: 39.928
    1: 40.132
    1: 40.481
    1: 40.329
    1: 40.516
    1: 41.307
    1: 41.218
    1: 40.678
    1: 40.860
    1: 41.118
    1: 41.291
    1: 41.395
    1: 42.118
    1: 42.412
    1: 45.524 inlap
    box

#Day5 #PM #F1Testing
    #F1 @ScuderiaFerrari
    I think it's a good one , and a bit steady !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Carlos is doing a race-sim. His first stint

Outlap (C3)
    1:39.044
    1:39.636
    1:40.108
    1:39.928
    1:40.132
    1:40.481
    1:40.329
    1:40.516
    1:41.307