Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so more points for Ham, I'm surprised they haven't found anything illegal on Ocon's car.
    I’m sure there is a whole team at the FIA whose sole job is making sure Hamilton has it easy. I am happy that Saniz got the podium as he had a great race today and deserved it. However, it is a bad look for F1. Bottas and Stoll destroy 4-5 other drivers race and only get a slap on the wrist. AM can’t get 1L of fuel out of the car and Seb gets disqualified after a flawless race? The penalties don’t fit the crime.

What’s worse is now AM is appealing the ruling. Highly unlikely that they will succeed, however how stupid will F1 and the FIA look if they have to reverse the results again? There has to be a better way, they look like amateurs.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’m sure there is a whole team at the FIA whose sole job is making sure Hamilton has it easy. I am happy that Saniz got the podium as he had a great race today and deserved it. However, it is a bad look for F1. Bottas and Stoll destroy 4-5 other drivers race and only get a slap on the wrist. AM can’t get 1L of fuel out of the car and Seb gets disqualified after a flawless race? The penalties don’t fit the crime.

What’s worse is now AM is appealing the ruling. Highly unlikely that they will succeed, however how stupid will F1 and the FIA look if they have to reverse the results again? There has to be a better way, they look like amateurs.
    Bottas and Stroll will serve a 5 place grid penalty at Spa.

Seb's car has been impoiunded by the FIA for further scrutineering while AMF1 appeals the disqualification.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Stick a fork in it. F1 is done.

RoGro got a race ban for taking out a few cars at the start in Spa. Bottas does it and only a 5 spot drop. FIA doing everything they can to help the guy who likes to get on his knees.

Grosjean was repeatedly crashing into people and SPA was bonedry compared to yesterday. Hence the one race ban.

But yes, in the current age of budget cap, there should be some big ramification for both the driver and the team for causing multicar pileup at the start. It was a genuine mistake from both Bottas and Stroll in a wet track surface, but the people they took out will pay even bigger price than 5-place grid drop.

It was called the fastest circus, but now it just a CIRCUS!!!

That 100th win is not coming easy. One month rest should get all drivers back strong. Saintz podium gives us Ferrari fans strength and hope for more this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    What a terrible race, utterly shocked by Bottas with his experience taking out three cars. I'm sure Toto will offer him an extension now. and Seb disqualifed, I guess it's only a matter of time until Ocon is disqualified too for going up the steps too fast or farting on the podium and then Lew will get the win. FIA/F1 is more corrupt now that it's ever been. It's basically the Hamilton show, and will stay so until he retires. I wish Ferrari had made that threat come true a few years ago and pulled out of F1 to form a new series.
    Pleased for SAI, disappointed for LEC. BOT and STR are a pair of ***clowns.

Can't believe RUS won't get the number two Mercedes seat next term - but maybe Toto will want to retain HAM's boot cleaner..

What has VET done to upset the maFIA?

Utter ******* clown show!
    Trying to be less angry..

Hamilton was driving that merc in full power almost entire race, Sainz said that he had to safe fuel in last 10 laps or so. Vettel had to stop his car on track due to not having enough fuel left in his tank. The question here is how on earth that Merc is able to save all that fuel when Ham is almost running that cat in fuel power, it really baffles me and can't get my head around it.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That 100th win is not coming easy. One month rest should get all drivers back strong. Saintz podium gives us Ferrari fans strength and hope for more this season.
    I thought you learned your lesson, enough with the trolling. Are you going to celebrate when the FIA gift him his 100th?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Did we lose the engine on Leclerc's car? Any news?
    Reading reports that Verstappen will be on his 4th engine and hence will have to take grid penalty in the upcoming Belgium GP.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Bottas and Stroll will serve a 5 place grid penalty at Spa.

Seb's car has been impoiunded by the FIA for further scrutineering while AMF1 appeals the disqualification.
    I’m aware of the penalties and of the appeal. The whole thing looks bad, especially if they flip-flop again.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I thought you learned your lesson, enough with the trolling. Are you going to celebrate when the FIA gift him his 100th?

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Hamilton was driving that merc in full power almost entire race, Sainz said that he had to safe fuel in last 10 laps or so. Vettel had to stop his car on track due to not having enough fuel left in his tank. The question here is how on earth that Merc is able to save all that fuel when Ham is almost running that cat in fuel power, it really baffles me and can't get my head around it.
    Yeap! Great question, will probably never know the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Did we lose the engine on Leclerc's car? Any news?
    Reading reports that Verstappen will be on his 4th engine and hence will have to take grid penalty in the upcoming Belgium GP.
    Nothing on Leclerc's car but it is possible he will need a new PU.

Max won't need a new PU BUT Perez looks like it is possible he might need one.

Anyone remember when was the last time we heard the French Anthem played???

Prob at the French GP
    Forza Ferrari

For a win, Gasly at Monza last year! Short memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    For a win, Gasly at Monza last year! Short memory?
    yep......winner winner chicken dinner.

Just another way that Merc and HAM have the FIA in their pocket, probably. I smell several rats!

This is the Mercedes PU advantage they have had all season. The whole fight to ban RBR's flexy wing and Lewis crying about lack of power is all nonsense. Mercedes are able to crank up the juice when they want and I suspect the second half of the season may continue to be a Mercedes domination, if they don't make mistakes.

Indeed whenever Hamilton is in a pickle, they always seem to have more pace than others. Are other cars too draggy compared to Merc? Aston Martin has a similar PU. Who knows what grey areas Mercedes is exploiting with their engine. They probably never informed their clients about it

Ferrari; our team has 16 WCCs, 15 WDCs; 237 race victories! Our team remains untouchable with the best F-1 records!! Him hitting 92 now maybe 100 wins has nothing to do with Ferrari our team here at our Ferrari F-1 Scuderia forum. We members will always be on top with our team's records. Nothing else counts. Enough with your trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    This is the Mercedes PU advantage they have had all season. The whole fight to ban RBR's flexy wing and Lewis crying about lack of power is all nonsense. Mercedes are able to crank up the juice when they want and I suspect the second half of the season may continue to be a Mercedes domination, if they don't make mistakes.
    That does not answer the real question. How do they do this? Because the engines are supposed to have standard fuel consumption standards. So how is it they crank up the power and yet they don't run out of fuel?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That does not answer the real question. How do they do this? Because the engines are supposed to have standard fuel consumption standards. So how is it they crank up the power and yet they don't run out of fuel?
    It strikes me that we're seeing a few anomalies this season whereby there is not supposed to be any ICE upgrade but Merc and possibly now RB are seen to be able to raise their power output/deployment just when they need it most. Is that possible just through the MGU-K/MGU-H or is there something more akin to Ferrari's not quite illegal fuel flow system of 2019....will we ever know as Merc and Toto appear to run the FIA?!

Now that it's confirmed that Leclerc will need a new PU wouldn't it be wise to take two new PU's for Spa for him and give Carlos his fourth since Spa is going to be a tall order to score any more than 4-5 points anyway? Just set the cars up for a wet race/long runs and gamble on starting from the back to avoid trouble. Sadly, I think Binotto is way too conservative to OK such a plan but we need to be able to run the engine aggressively towards the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Now that it's confirmed that Leclerc will need a new PU wouldn't it be wise to take two new PU's for Spa for him and give Carlos his fourth since Spa is going to be a tall order to score any more than 4-5 points anyway? Just set the cars up for a wet race/long runs and gamble on starting from the back to avoid trouble. Sadly, I think Binotto is way too conservative to OK such a plan but we need to be able to run the engine aggressively towards the end of the year.
    Forza Ferrari

I just saw that the engine on Charles' car is beyond repair after Stroll's assault and will need a new one for Spa. That could mean penalties later in the second half of the season and giving Carlos a new ICE so early after the break is counter-productive if it's not needed. And aren't they only allowed 3 ICE units for the whole season? We may well start nearer the mid-field/back at Spa anyway, but that's no guarantee of avoiding any melee at the start! A gamble whichever way you look at it, and not the driver's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Teams always fuel their cars with less fuel than the car can actually hold. It is possible that Vettel's car had less fuel to start than Hamilton. DRS can play a significant role in fuel consumption as Vettel was set to start in traffic and likely have DRS, while Hamilton started at the front and likely would have very little DRS usage.

As for Sainz, well the Ferrari is said not be the most efficient engine on the grid, at least not compared to Mercedes.

Perhaps Lawrence Stroll could reimburse us for LEC's new engine as it was his useless lump of a son who trashed it. I could get a car round a track faster than Daddy's boy, given a few lessons, and probably without taking out anyone else!

Angry? Just a tad..!
    Trying to be less angry..