Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I hope so. It's hard to be optimistic nowadays. If we don't get the power unit right we're locked until 2025.
    We went in 1 direction on engine, after analysis and time I think Ferrari will be right on it for the engine next year. Without whatever happened in 2019 Ferrari fare and square had the best engine in 2018. With limitations in place due to Covid I doubt enough time was available to maximise a different direction. I think theres a good chance Ferrari will have as good if not better engine than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Apparently they've called in Ocon over parking at the wrong place after the race, I mean if Hammy wins this race Europol should raid the FIA and Mercedes offices man
    He should have retrospective penalties for this year and last year for those crap BLM shirts.

Well done to Ocon and Vettel.
    Driver of the day for me has to be Alonso though, the way he held off Lewis, was really great to watch.

Shame that Bottas and Stroll took out several cars including Charles at the beginning

I think the intention was to follow Lewi's strategy, but CS said he wants to stay out. That's what I thought aswell, Medium and Soft would have been the best option but probably Ferrari wasn't aware of the hard tires pace.
    Issue with hard & wet tyres been long for Ferrari. They don’t light them up quickly & also pace drops drastically.

For them only soft & medium tyres work.

Update: "We race as one" incident was probably for Vettel's tshirt. CS was called because of formation lap incident
    I think something to do with radio silence during the formation lap being infringed. Maybe it was during the restart after red-flag.

OMG these incidents and summons to the stewards are getting ridiculous, Kimi gets a 10sec stop and go for unsafe release, GIO gets a 10sec stop and go for speeding in the pitlane, BOT and STR only get a 5 place grid drop for taking out several competitors on the first corner, including Charles. Carlos also summoned along with various others, the racing is supposed to be on track, not after the race, and the penalties don't match the crimes. Apart from that, an entertaining race with a different P1/2 (P3 should have been Carlos), the usual HAM luck kicked in and RB had a rubbish weekend once again, none of us want another HAM WDC. Carlos drove well to hold off Fernando at the end and at least we gained points to Mclaren, but the hard tyres don't work well or last long enough on the SF21. Gutted for Charles, he has lost too many points this year through DNS/DNF results.

So the guy that doesn’t use social media is finally an LGTBQ supporter. Wt.f seb.

Summer break.

Well done to Red Bull for their performance.

Well done to Merc for quickly negating Red Bulls advantage & creating their own by swiftly taking Red Bulls out. If you cant beat them on track, just run them off track! A shame as it was looking like a decent season.

Mercs have taken out 5 Red Bulls during the last 1.5 seasons.

Horner will have nightmares during the break about it. Good on Horner though for trying to change the rules about incidents like today counting towards the cap, if it brings change it will actually do some good and prevent other teams from losing out the same way in the future.

(Btw, the comment above got deleted and I got warned for it on a british F1 forum)

Better times ahead for the Prancing Horse hopefully with the next engine, still decent results thus far.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I think something to do with radio silence during the formation lap being infringed. Maybe it was during the restart after red-flag.
    All ok.

The FIA has given a reprimand to Vettel, Sainz, Stroll and Bottas for not removing their t-shirts before the national anthem

Update:

BREAKING: Vettel likely to lose second place as one litre of fuel was not available in his car at the end of the race. Link

That's definitely not the funniest way to get a podium. Not sure how clumsy AM can be though to not see this at the early end of the in-lap???

All ok.

The FIA has given a reprimand to Vettel, Sainz, Stroll and Bottas for not removing their t-shirts before the national anthem

Update:

BREAKING: Vettel likely to lose second place as one litre of fuel was not available in his car at the end of the race. Link
    Any way possible to gift Hamilton more points. Joke.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Vettel podium in doubt over lack of fuel sample. Possible p2 for Ham. This guy has all the luck in the world. Unbelievable!
    Red is the only color!!!

So these will change a bit, because it looks like Aston Martin and Williams losing points because breaking rules.

1 MERCEDES 300
    2 RED BULL RACING HONDA 290
    3 MCLAREN MERCEDES 163
    4 FERRARI 160
    5 ALPINE RENAULT 75
    6 ASTON MARTIN MERCEDES 66
    7 ALPHATAURI HONDA 64
    8 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 6
    9 ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 2
    10 HAAS FERRARI 0

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 192
    2 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING HONDA 186
    3 Lando Norris GBR MCLAREN MERCEDES 113
    4 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 108
    5 Sergio Perez MEX RED BULL RACING HONDA 104
    6 Charles Leclerc MON FERRARI 80
    7 Carlos Sainz ESP FERRARI 80
    8 Daniel Ricciardo AUS MCLAREN MERCEDES 50
    9 Sebastian Vettel GER ASTON MARTIN MERCEDES 48
    10 Pierre Gasly FRA ALPHATAURI HONDA 48
    11 Esteban Ocon FRA ALPINE RENAULT 39
    12 Fernando Alonso ESP ALPINE RENAULT 36
    13 Lance Stroll CAN ASTON MARTIN MERCEDES 18
    14 Yuki Tsunoda JPN ALPHATAURI HONDA 16
    15 Nicholas Latifi CAN WILLIAMS MERCEDES 4
    16 George Russell GBR WILLIAMS MERCEDES 2
    17 Kimi Räikkönen FIN ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 1
    18 Antonio Giovinazzi ITA ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 1
    19 Mick Schumacher GER HAAS FERRARI 0
    20 Nikita Mazepin RAF HAAS FERRARI 0

Rules are rules, but come on well will it end!!?? When hamilton retires at 50?

Last edited by Warp; 1st August 2021 at 20:20.

so more points for Ham, I'm surprised they haven't found anything illegal on Ocon's car.

Yep, confirmed. Seb only had 0.3ltr of fuel in the car. FIA requires 1ltr of fuel.

Lewis moves up to 2nd place and Sainz to 3rd place.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Podium for Sainz and he deserves it.

Today could've been even better, but oh well. On to SPA.

What a terrible race, utterly shocked by Bottas with his experience taking out three cars. I'm sure Toto will offer him an extension now. and Seb disqualifed, I guess it's only a matter of time until Ocon is disqualified too for going up the steps too fast or farting on the podium and then Lew will get the win. FIA/F1 is more corrupt now that it's ever been. It's basically the Hamilton show, and will stay so until he retires. I wish Ferrari had made that threat come true a few years ago and pulled out of F1 to form a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    What a terrible race, utterly shocked by Bottas with his experience taking out three cars. I'm sure Toto will offer him an extension now. and Seb disqualifed, I guess it's only a matter of time until Ocon is disqualified too for going up the steps too fast or farting on the podium and then Lew will get the win. FIA/F1 is more corrupt now that it's ever been. It's basically the Hamilton show, and will stay so until he retires. I wish Ferrari had made that threat come true a few years ago and pulled out of F1 to form a new series.
    It was an interesting non-prediictable race.

Bottas does a Grosjean 2.0 (Spa 2012).

Lewis restarts the race all by himself......and is dead last.

Alonso defending Lewis for 4 laps. Man that was clean experienced defending by Alonso. He still has it.

Ocon won the race.

Seems like instead of finding wally, Aston Martin will be going on "finding fuelly" tomorrow Congratulations to Carlos but I guess he'll have mixed feelings on this one considering he didn't get to see the podium in person.

Aston Marting F1 will appeal the disqualification.

The FIA has impounded the entire Vettel car and will transport it to its technical facility in France, pending an appeal. Can't remember a team losing a whole car, PU et al like that. Luckily we have the summer break coming up

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Aston Marting F1 will appeal the disqualification.

The FIA has impounded the entire Vettel car and will transport it to its technical facility in France, pending an appeal. Can't remember a team losing a whole car, PU et al like that. Luckily we have the summer break coming up
    What can they appeal? It's a pretty black and white rule. Must have 1L of fuel in the tank at the end of the race.

Final race classification is in. Vettel is P2. "The classification is provisional, subject to the outcome of the notice of appeal lodged by Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team against Stewards decision 59." So for now, he gets the point

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    What can they appeal? It's a pretty black and white rule. Must have 1L of fuel in the tank at the end of the race.
    Well, the FIA have impounded the car so they migtt extract the 1ltr of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so more points for Ham, I'm surprised they haven't found anything illegal on Ocon's car.
    Screw that piece of poo it's more points for Ferrari that's what's most important.

No.
    If they cannot find the 1.4 it, then Ferrari has a smoking gun in their hands.How on earth the mighty FIA fuel sensors missed that?
    I still have the feeling that the Merc engine is not 100% legal. I cannot believe that there is car that is 3 SECONDS per lap faster than anyone else and still follow the same strict rules...

BTW: Renault definitely cheat on the engine. Mighty Lewis and mighty Mercedes couldn't pass Alonso even with DRS?
    /sarcasm off

Those were the arguments of the anti-Ferrari in 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    No.
    If they cannot find the 1.4 it, then Ferrari has a smoking gun in their hands.How on earth the mighty FIA fuel sensors missed that?
    I still have the feeling that the Merc engine is not 100% legal. I cannot believe that there is car that is 3 SECONDS per lap faster than anyone else and still follow the same strict rules...

BTW: Renault definitely cheat on the engine. Mighty Lewis and mighty Mercedes couldn't pass Alonso even with DRS?
    /sarcasm off

Those were the arguments of the anti-Ferrari in 2019...
    I don't think Renault are cheating. You could see Lewis was saving battery power around the twisty section and then deploying it around the straights and up to turn 4. Hamilton had a huge straight line advantage but was too far back out of the last corner, and then through turn 1 and turn 2 Alonso just did a brilliant job defending.

Appaling race for that piece of poo in the Merc. Had an open goal that a few years ago it would have taken but could not do it despite 3 second a lap advantage. Such a shame he took a Ferrari for 2nd race running but times are changing.