Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1338495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK. 2021 final results had Carlos stats ahead of Charles going into 2022. Was he; is he presumed #1 over Charles? Why not? Or at least as I see them even as far as who's the better. Don't send either driver out knowing they have to move over.
    Just because he scored more points doesn't mean he's faster. And Binotto is not sending any of his drivers out as a No 2. They both have the opportunity to go for the win. Charles has just put in better performances, even if they haven't translated into maximum points.

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;1071456]Just because he scored more points doesn't mean he's faster. And Binotto is not sending any of his drivers out as a No 2. They both have the opportunity to go for the win. Charles has just put in better performances, even if they haven't translated into maximum points.[/Q

If Charles scores more points it doesn't mean he's faster either? Charles needs even better performances to show points which is what really matters. Carlos came to Ferrari clearly as #2 driver but proved he's as good as Charles as long as he has as good a car and some luck! I'm 100% for either driver to get podiums , the points are what counts. Who's the better driver is way too close to call. After the race is when we fans can honestly say who was better that race. The next race can't come soon enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly. Michael was ONE of a kind!!! He was, is and will be No 1!!!
    Except for his home move to Merc where he never won a race in 3 seasons. His 3 amigos weren't there!

Exactly. Michael was ONE of a kind!!! He was, is and will be No 1!!!
    Except for his home move to Merc where he never won a race in 3 seasons. His 3 amigos weren't there!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    “I would like to congratulate both of them. They are are drivers who are directly involved in the progress of the car and know how to work as a team. As a driving style, they have great potential and a positive aggressiveness that characterizes them. Sometimes they even push beyond the limit, but both of them have made great improvements. I like their courage, which is a decisive factor to be successful in life as in sport. I think they are two great drivers and this motivates them even more to improve. I am confident that we will win not only the Constructors World Championship, but also the Drivers Championship and that Charles Leclerc is in pole position to do this” - John Elkann

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-f1-...pole-position/
    Exactly.
    Brembo can live with it, or drown his sorrows in wine.
    Won't change things.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Just because he scored more points doesn't mean he's faster. And Binotto is not sending any of his drivers out as a No 2. They both have the opportunity to go for the win. Charles has just put in better performances, even if they haven't translated into maximum points.
    Brembo will claim that we live in the moon if it suits his narrative. In a way it's amusing lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Brembo will claim that we live in the moon if it suits his narrative. In a way it's amusing lol
    To me he is not. He is just a sad troll. For months he is blocked and I don't see his usual garbage comments

perez without drs is still faster than us. something happened to our cars after france

New Floor

To me he is not. He is just a sad troll. For months he is blocked and I don't see his usual garbage comments
    !!!!: rotfl Blocked for months and you still can't stop posting on a "Sad Troll!!" Try watching the races !
    Last edited by Brembo; 12th October 2022 at 11:01.

#AMus
    The new Ferrari floor which was introduced in Japan is working as expected. Binotto was satisfied.

Charles was using an older PU in Suzuka. That has cost him performance. He is probably getting a fresh PU for the remaining races.

Austin would be a good place for it.

#AMus reports that both Ferrari drivers avoided the kerbs (taking them lightly) in Suzuka. It could be related to the engine reliability issues. The valves are said to cause problems. The old strength on kerbs has also disappeared.

#AMus
    After the summer break, the F1-75 has become a tyre-eater. And since TD39 against bouncing & better protection for planks got introduced.
    Rumors in the paddock say that Ferrari had to rebuild as a result, which robbed the car its driving comfort.

The rumors say that there was a small gap between the floor and the chassis before. And there, a special filling material is said to have improved the damping. According to this theory, this made the F1-75 more immune against bumps.

Rival teams claim to have observed that the F1-75 has to be driven at a higher ride height now.
    This costs downforce & balance.

Ferrari denies any relation of the tyre management issues with the TD.

Well what ever that is causing the car to be a tyre eater must be found and removed before next season.I have every confidence that ferrari given the time over the off season will rectify the issue no doubt.

Ferrari can't figure out before the next race whats to be done for tire wear? It's over Max won WDC ; let Ferrari do a win or at least podiums before the season ends. Us fans are still into the races!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Well what ever that is causing the car to be a tyre eater must be found and removed before next season.I have every confidence that ferrari given the time over the off season will rectify the issue no doubt.
    These two words don't really belong in the same sentence right now!
    Trying to be less angry..

I grudgingly have to agree with Nick:(

Depressing.

So much early pace and potential in the car, two great pilots - I think LEC has real greatness in him - but we've failed, as usual, to keep up in the 'development race' and we seem to do our best to balls up race management/ strategy. And on the rare occasions we do everything right, one or other or our drivers manages to mess up..

Even when the lads stick the car on the front, we then seem to go backwards in races. Maybe tyre deg but it's getting a bit tedious..

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Hilarious

https://twitter.com/FanaticsFerrari/...oABwzS_tg&s=19

I must correct CL. Song HURT, is not Johnny Cash, it is NINE INCH NAILS

Ferrari give explanation for why Mercedes have been catching them
    https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-gi...-catching-them

Binotto keeps his job? I thought that it was 2022 when Ferrari is back in top, so that news posted earlier, that maybe 2023 is better. I think this keeps going on like this year after year. Anyways and so on.

We made a strong start to the season but I think you're being disingenuous if you are claiming Ferrari was expecting to win the WDC or even challenge like we did in the early part. We expected to improve and we have done but obviously the engine issues and tyre issues have hurt us considerably, we have a fast car but we need to refine it in order to be more competitive on a Sunday and to be more reliable. All things we should expect for 2023 and then hold those accountable if we are still suffering the reliability and tyre issues.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    We made a strong start to the season but I think you're being disingenuous if you are claiming Ferrari was expecting to win the WDC or even challenge like we did in the early part. We expected to improve and we have done but obviously the engine issues and tyre issues have hurt us considerably, we have a fast car but we need to refine it in order to be more competitive on a Sunday and to be more reliable. All things we should expect for 2023 and then hold those accountable if we are still suffering the reliability and tyre issues.
    He's right though, which is a surprise, since I don't think I have ever agreed with that poster before.

Just read Binotto's statements from back in 2020 and you will get your answers. 2022 was always about getting back on top. And they did start the season with the fastest car. But due to their own incompetence, Binotto's poor leadership and the ever-present Italian style politics, they've squandered it.

The F1-75 at the beginning had a strong front end, which made Charles comfortable from the get-go. But right now, its a completely different car. Because Ferrari were more focused on solving Sainz's shortcomings and making him get more "comfortable" with the car. With decisions like this, no wonder this team is preforming the way it has been performing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He's right though, which is a surprise, since I don't think I have ever agreed with that poster before.

Just read Binotto's statements from back in 2020 and you will get your answers. 2022 was always about getting back on top. And they did start the season with the fastest car. But due to their own incompetence, Binotto's poor leadership and the ever-present Italian style politics, they've squandered it.

The F1-75 at the beginning had a strong front end, which made Charles comfortable from the get-go. But right now, its a completely different car. Because Ferrari were more focused on solving Sainz's shortcomings and making him get more "comfortable" with the car. With decisions like this, no wonder this team is preforming the way it has been performing for a while.
    2 issues with your post.

A. The car was never the fastest race car, apart from MAYBE 2 races, Australia and Austria. Even the first race, it wasn't that quick in the race. Verstappen just lost to a better race car driver in a head to head battle, that's all, Verstappen still had the better race car.

B. Binotto says he hasn't brought developments to the car, so it's hard to say that they brought developments specifically for Sainz, unless the TD also helped Sainz.

What {Style} politics was R Bull using with Massi 2021 when they openly stole Lewis' # 8 WDC ? Or Ferrari making Sainz more comfortable just telling him to let Charles pass after 1 lap, you can give 2022 your best. This was supposed to be Ferrari's returning year to the top over R Bull & Merc! I believe Santander and F-1 in the USA will be a big help for Ferrari as long as Binotto's English is up to par! And hopefully born in the USA F-1 driver comes along!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    2 issues with your post.

A. The car was never the fastest race car, apart from MAYBE 2 races, Australia and Austria. Even the first race, it wasn't that quick in the race. Verstappen just lost to a better race car driver in a head to head battle, that's all, Verstappen still had the better race car.

B. Binotto says he hasn't brought developments to the car, so it's hard to say that they brought developments specifically for Sainz, unless the TD also helped Sainz.
    My opinion in all this is that 2022 was an effort in building a base set for the next years (till 2026 when rules change, again), that will be right up there, but what we keep forgetting and we got reminded of PAINFULLY this year, to also get experience re: the team.
    You may have the best car, but does it matter when you have a pit wall that cracks under pressure?

No.

So I believe (painfully if I may add) that 2022 was never going to be about titles, we just were not ready.
    2023? Depends !
    Did we adjust? How do we adjust re: the car? Lessons learned re: the team?

Time will tell, quite soon.

Take for what it's worth.....and it's Google translated.

F1 | Ferrari: let's debunk the legend about the compressor split

The Scuderia homologated the 066/7 which was frozen until 2025 with the turbo and the compressor both mounted on the exhaust side: it is not true that at Maranello they followed the split concept introduced by Mercedes and then copied by Honda. and Renault. In reality, the supercharging system has been lowered by almost 50 mm in the V of the two cylinder banks. And what may have given rise to a misunderstanding is none other than the American intercooler that brings fresh air to the two plenums.

An urban legend about the Ferrari 066/7 engine needs to be dispelled. It is not true that Wolff Zimmermann split the turbo from the supercharger at the design stage, as even very authoritative commentators persist in writing and saying.

The 6-cylinder of the Cavallino, on the other hand, is the last to remain faithful to the more traditional architecture with the entire turbocharging system placed on the exhaust side, while Honda and Renault have copied a solution that Mercedes had already introduced in 2014. at the beginning of the hybrid era.

Why have so many strange interpretations been born on the unity of the Sports Management? The answer is relatively simple: the engineers of Enrico Gualtieri in the definition of the "Superfast" have introduced a series of innovations that are not limited to the combustion chamber with unprecedented intake ducts capable of creating turbulent motions useful to favor the propagation speed of the flame, giving more homogeneity to the air-petrol mixture with very fast ignition times.

Ferrari in 066/7 also introduced an American-made heat exchanger that is located in the front of the engine, where some thought there was just the compressor. In fact, it was easy to let oneself be led astray because the intercooler, to facilitate insertion into the rear flare of the frame, was made with a round lower part, so the two carbon ducts that bring fresh and compressed air into each of the plenums placed above the head, seemed to come out of the compressor.

Not so: in the unit that was homologated to be used until the end of 2025, a big job was done aimed at lowering the center of gravity of the 6 cylinders: turbo, compressor and MGU-H which remain aligned in the same order as the engine of the last year, they were lowered by about fifty millimeters inside the V of the two banks, allowing for a more extreme layout that allowed two advantages: first, the displacement of the three lower elements; second, a more compact power unit packaging that facilitated the design of a very tapered bonnet for the benefit of a rear wing that needed to be more efficient.

In short, Zimmerman has tried to recover the power that has been lacking in the last two years and that has "castrated" the performance of Ferrari in the two-year period 2020-2021 as a result of the secret agreement that the Scuderia had signed with the FIA ​​to close the case of the engine accused of using more petrol than the flow rate allowed by the flow meter, without the alleged irregularity ever being demonstrated, but also thinking about the integration of the V6 turbo inside the F1-75.

The split of turbo and compressor had been conceived and the first version of the “Superfast” had an architecture of this type planned, but then there was a step backwards in the belief that important results could also be obtained in the standard version.

https://it-motorsport-com.translate....n&_x_tr_pto=sc
    It's not how start but how you finish.

this car is incredibly handsome, beautiful, sexi. the car is the best looking car in the hybrit era. i was so excited to see in the track while our team was in the winter tests. binotto introduced it with our boys, the car was shining in the set of the studio. It was so exciting, whenever I see this car, im so desperate and pity for that car for not being champion of this year.

I drew this car while i was so exciting for this year's championship.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qfSehaEXyZs

we have the best sidepod in the grid. I hope we can keep this design for the next years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    2 issues with your post.

In Bahrain, Charles had encountered energy harvesting problems after the first pitstop, which enabled Max to attack him. But after he fended him off, he had no challenge. The F1-75 was the fastest car in Bahrain, as well as in Saudi, Spain, Monaco, Baku (arguably), Canada, UK, France & Hungary. In Saudi, VSC enabled Max to close down a 1.7 second gap to 0.5 second and France was Charles's mistake. All other races were lost because of Ferrari's incompetent pit calls and reliability issues. And all of them affected Charles.

And as for your point B, well, you just have to read driver quotes. Charles pretty much said that at beginning the F1-75 had a very strong front end, aka its natural balance was oversteery. But right now, this car is understeery in nature. Binotto specifically said that their goal was to help Sainz get "comfortable" with the car. Ferrari's "developments" this year did just that.

And at the end of the day, making Sainz "comfortable" with the car didn't achieve anything. Charles, as ever, has the speed advantage over him. My only question is, why did Ferrari put so much effort into making this car "comfortable" for Sainz, and not building up on a strong baseline and not making this car more tailored made for Charles?

Is it because of the Santander money or is it because of the age-old Italian politics? My hunch is that it was the combination of both.

Rubenize Saints at all costs!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In Bahrain, Charles had encountered energy harvesting problems after the first pitstop, which enabled Max to attack him. But after he fended him off, he had no challenge. The F1-75 was the fastest car in Bahrain, as well as in Saudi, Spain, Monaco, Baku (arguably), Canada, UK, France & Hungary. In Saudi, VSC enabled Max to close down a 1.7 second gap to 0.5 second and France was Charles's mistake. All other races were lost because of Ferrari's incompetent pit calls and reliability issues. And all of them affected Charles.

And as for your point B, well, you just have to read driver quotes. Charles pretty much said that at beginning the F1-75 had a very strong front end, aka its natural balance was oversteery. But right now, this car is understeery in nature. Binotto specifically said that their goal was to help Sainz get "comfortable" with the car. Ferrari's "developments" this year did just that.

And at the end of the day, making Sainz "comfortable" with the car didn't achieve anything. Charles, as ever, has the speed advantage over him. My only question is, why did Ferrari put so much effort into making this car "comfortable" for Sainz, and not building up on a strong baseline and not making this car more tailored made for Charles?

Is it because of the Santander money or is it because of the age-old Italian politics? My hunch is that it was the combination of both.
    Agreed

Hopefully, with Elkaan already wielding the axe, Ferrari will be serious and pull an RBR (basically will do what they were doing at the MS years) , build a car around Charles who has been now officially their #1 and Carlos will have to deal with this.