Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 154051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Thoughts on Frederic Vasseur?
    Concern is whether Binotto will stay or out? He’s a good engineer but not a team principal.

Hence give him a position for the chief of technical dept & let Vasseur do the TP job.

Retain Binotto because he has credibility for engineering but not leading it would seem. He's already heavily invested in the 2023 car and we would gain nothing by releasing him completely from Maranello.

If true it can only be indecision from the pitwall that has resulted in this as that comes from Mattia ultimately, he needed to make sure the guys were more clear and concise and decisive but there's been nothing like that. I don't blame him for the engine woes, or TD39. We built a fast car with him at the helm.

I would of preferred him to be more vocal around Mercedes and Red Bull, they've clearly been bending the rules, last season and this.

Leo Turrini reports that Simone Resta will return to Ferrari to lead the technical direction.

Ferrari also approached Andreas Seidl and a senior German executive in Porsche’s motorsport department.

But in the end, Vasseur was chosen

Ferrari now officially denying this on their socials.

Something has to happen, hopefully we can retain Binotto in a technical role.
    We need much more influence, just like in the past with Jean Todt. Just have a look at RB/Mercedes, we have to split the technical and team principal.

Great! Now we have to wait another 3 years of restructuring to possibly end with a worst o same result. Nice

God I hope it’s true.

Binotto should have been sent packing months ago.

“We ran out of money”. Whaaaa. Didn’t stop RBR and they won. What has playing by the rules gotten you Binotto?

Not only does Binotto not want to win, but what is worse is he doesn’t hate to lose.

Wierd that the taxi's and drinks company didn't run out of money?

What are they doing wrong there...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Wierd that the taxi's and drinks company didn't run out of money?

What are they doing wrong there...
    Ya, it still boggles my mind how Mercedes caught up with that tractor (yes, FIA with the TD helped tremendously, but they still spent money) and RedBull continuously developed to stay ahead….yet we had to stay still, spending nothing. Binotto kept waiting for everyone else to run of money, yet he ran out of money before the season even began. Somehow our competitors found a way to develop in the cap era.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

As long as R Bull Max can come out winning over Sr Lewis fans by the millions wii show up for the races. I was happy for Russell and I'm shure many fans also wanted him over Lewis in that #1 Podium.

Iņaki Rueda and Laurent Mekies could also be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.

Mekies is rumoured to be joining Sauber to replace Vasseur.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Concern is whether Binotto will stay or out? He’s a good engineer but not a team principal.

Hence give him a position for the chief of technical dept & let Vasseur do the TP job.
    That is my main worry as well.

If all this is true, I hope he remains in charge of the technical department.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    That is my main worry as well.

If all this is true, I hope he remains in charge of the technical department.
    I know this opinion will be criticized, but I feel Binnoto should still be the head of Ferrari's F1 department. Though, he needs a sort of no-nonsense enforcer: someone who'd put everyone in their place, demand responsibility, and deal with the unnecessary politics.

With that being said, I think/feel Binnoto's relationship with Leclerc is ruined. I feel that the environment in Ferrari's F1 dept. is imploding after realizing that there would be a chance of losing Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Rumours are getting stronger and louder today. I would like stability at Ferrari like Merc and RedBull have done for years, however change is needed. Primarily with the strategy team, pit stop crew and race management. Binotto seems like a solid engineer, but not team principal material. Hopefully he sticks with the team because he did build a good car. With our luck he will go to a rival team and build a monster…let’s see how this all plays out. Not sure I like Fred Vasseur as his replacement though.
    Stability at times equals change.
    When something does not work (in Ferrari 's case , it does not) , you change it, unless you're an idiot and expect that changing nothing you will get different results, (ahem).

I will reiterate, that when you have Elkaan declaring that Charles is your number one driver and you keep acting as if you're deaf there is a problem.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Stability at times equals change.

I will reiterate, that when you have Elkaan declaring that Charles is your number one driver and you keep acting as if you're deaf there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Retain Binotto because he has credibility for engineering but not leading it would seem. He's already heavily invested in the 2023 car and we would gain nothing by releasing him completely from Maranello.

If true it can only be indecision from the pitwall that has resulted in this as that comes from Mattia ultimately, he needed to make sure the guys were more clear and concise and decisive but there's been nothing like that. I don't blame him for the engine woes, or TD39. We built a fast car with him at the helm.

I would of preferred him to be more vocal around Mercedes and Red Bull, they've clearly been bending the rules, last season and this.
    Good Post +1

I'd like to see more intelligent conversation surrounding this topic here, rather than the typical, "waah Binotto/Ferrari/Italians are incompetent"

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Good Post +1

I'd like to see more intelligent conversation surrounding this topic here, rather than the typical, "waah Binotto/Ferrari/Italians are incompetent"
    I agree that Binotto should stay at Ferrari in some form. He has invested too much into this regulation cycle and the 2023 car to let him go. However, he may be upset at loosing is TP job and want to walk.

Word is he is attending the race this weekend, the first in a while now. I have a feeling Ferrari will announce a "restructuring" of the team. Binotto moves back to engineering, Simone Resta comes back in some form, possibly the strategy deptartment or middle man from Binotto the track and Vasseur as TP. Time will tell.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Max has proved he's R Bull's #1 driver. Charles is just as good not better than Carlos even with #1 status.

no..... All RB team is behind Max.... that is not a situation in Ferrari. Even when we saw that we need to define the number 1 driver, that is not happen.

first race next season we must start with defined No1 and No2

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max has proved he's R Bull's #1 driver. Charles is just as good not better than Carlos even with #1 status.
    yeah but until this year.

Duchessa

reports that the Ferrari PU never ran its maximum power level [due to reliability issues]. We are probably talking about 25/30 hp (~six to seven tenths).

"From what has been learned, 3/4 tenths of development have been sacrificed on the current car for the benefit of the new car. The 675 will have some major improvements and in many areas."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Duchessa

reports that the Ferrari PU never ran its maximum power level [due to reliability issues]. We are probably talking about 25/30 hp (~six to seven tenths).

"From what has been learned, 3/4 tenths of development have been sacrificed on the current car for the benefit of the new car. The 675 will have some major improvements and in many areas."
    Sounds like the same excuses every year….next year will be our year. I’ll believe it when I see it.

And even if it is true, and we are able to unlock 7 tenths, it won’t last because Toto will get his panties in a bunch, call us cheaters and get his friends at the FIA to put a stop to us winning.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Duchessa

I've been saying this, especially about the engine for a month or so. I've even been throwing around the 15-30 hp figure. No other team, is going to come into next season with that much of an increase in power. It would be illegal.

The question is, if another team does, will Ferrari throw the book at it.

I also would have liked if Binotto improved the messaging around this. If you're putting the limited budget into next season, say as much.
    Either you "ran out of money" or you are sacrificing for next season.

I've been saying this, especially about the engine for a month or so. I've even been throwing around the 15-30 hp figure. No other team, is going to come into next season with that much of an increase in power. It would be illegal.

The question is, if another team does, will Ferrari throw the book at it.

I also would have liked if Binotto improved the messaging around this. If you're putting the limited budget into next season, say as much.
    Either you "ran out of money" or you are sacrificing for next season.
    I'm going to reply to my own post with another brilliant post, that I'm sure will be ignored in favor of the usual nonesense that gets spouted here.

And what the heck is Mercedes doing?

How can they possibly still be developing?

The only way I see that as being possible is if next year's car has a significant amount of carry over. But the way they were talking earlier in the season, they were saying they went down the completely wrong development path.

The other, scarier, depending how you look at it explanation is that either, Mercedes, and Red Bull for that matter, are more efficient, and can bring updates with less money and time? And not slightly, by A LOT.

Or, more likely, they're simply cheating.

In the case of Ferrari, especially after the TD came into play, they must have went down a path, with little to no carry over to next year's car. The thing that scares me here, is that next year's car would have been started before the TD came out.

So according to AMuS, we messed up by trying to answer RBs high speed advantage, looking for more efficiency with our floor but lost stable downforce on the way. In combination with the detuned engine, we never had a chance to win anything this year. According to Duchessa, we ran with 25/30 less hp. It was clear to me that we detuned heavily after Austria. They stoped developing more or less after TD39 as there was nothing to gain with a detuned engine.

In my opinion, we need a new Todt/Brawn era. Binotto should still be a part of this combination, but we still need to install someone like Todt, for a political punch. Plus we need to clean up operations, prioritizing Charles next year. No more excuses, no more detuning next year.

I'm going to reply to my own post with another brilliant post, that I'm sure will be ignored in favor of the usual nonesense that gets spouted here.

And what the heck is Mercedes doing?

How can they possibly still be developing?

The only way I see that as being possible is if next year's car has a significant amount of carry over. But the way they were talking earlier in the season, they were saying they went down the completely wrong development path.

The other, scarier, depending how you look at it explanation is that either, Mercedes, and Red Bull for that matter, are more efficient, and can bring updates with less money and time? And not slightly, by A LOT.

Or, more likely, they're simply cheating.

In the case of Ferrari, especially after the TD came into play, they must have went down a path, with little to no carry over to next year's car. The thing that scares me here, is that next year's car would have been started before the TD came out.

Probably, next year merc will be the most dominant team, like RB in this year.
    if we can be competitive, merc will be main threat for us

You do realize that the team is completely screwed in the politics side, right?
    There is no way to develop the way the develop, both Merc and RB, without breathing the cost cap.

And I don't believe for a second that they pay less than Ferrari, so, they have found a way to hide it.

On the other front, Vasseur is NOT the man.

Where was our #1 Charles all year when we most needed him? Santander $$ to the rescue ! I hope! Russell is allowed to race and look what happened!! A win!! in 1 yr!

frame will be 100% new. Yesterday Binotto spoke of a Ferrari 2023 that will not resemble a Red Bull or a Mercedes but will remain faithful to his philosophy. The car will not be overturned because the F1-75 is an excellent base to evolve.

@formu1a_uno

The Ferrari 2023 chassis will be completely new. Yesterday Binotto was talking about a 2023 Ferrari that will remain true to its philosophy. The car will not be revolutionary because the F1-75 is an excellent base to evolve.