Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14395051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    My opinion in all this is that 2022 was an effort in building a base set for the next years (till 2026 when rules change, again), that will be right up there, but what we keep forgetting and we got reminded of PAINFULLY this year, to also get experience re: the team.
    You may have the best car, but does it matter when you have a pit wall that cracks under pressure?

No.

So I believe (painfully if I may add) that 2022 was never going to be about titles, we just were not ready.
    2023? Depends !
    Did we adjust? How do we adjust re: the car? Lessons learned re: the team?

Time will tell, quite soon.
    i really agree with you. as i have said before, Ferrari should be the only team that will start next year with 15-30bhp right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In Bahrain, Charles had encountered energy harvesting problems after the first pitstop, which enabled Max to attack him. But after he fended him off, he had no challenge. The F1-75 was the fastest car in Bahrain, as well as in Saudi, Spain, Monaco, Baku (arguably), Canada, UK, France & Hungary. In Saudi, VSC enabled Max to close down a 1.7 second gap to 0.5 second and France was Charles's mistake. All other races were lost because of Ferrari's incompetent pit calls and reliability issues. And all of them affected Charles.

And as for your point B, well, you just have to read driver quotes. Charles pretty much said that at beginning the F1-75 had a very strong front end, aka its natural balance was oversteery. But right now, this car is understeery in nature. Binotto specifically said that their goal was to help Sainz get "comfortable" with the car. Ferrari's "developments" this year did just that.

And at the end of the day, making Sainz "comfortable" with the car didn't achieve anything. Charles, as ever, has the speed advantage over him. My only question is, why did Ferrari put so much effort into making this car "comfortable" for Sainz, and not building up on a strong baseline and not making this car more tailored made for Charles?

Is it because of the Santander money or is it because of the age-old Italian politics? My hunch is that it was the combination of both.
    you're right, i completely forgot about Monaco, we definitely had the faster race car, fair play on that one.

idk about Baku, i'm more inclined to say that was more so because street circuits tend to favor the superior race car driver...

you're right about Saudi Arabia, it was unlucky VSC timing, ( which the pundits seemed oblivious to ), and Red Bull used their pit wall connections just like they did in Abu Dhabi 2021, to make sure a yellow flag prevented any fight back from Charles

maybe you're right. if we had a capable race car in 11/22 races this year?? and we start next year with 15-30bhp off the bat? it seems like the right direction, and very encouraging for next year.

Agreed

Hopefully, with Elkaan already wielding the axe, Ferrari will be serious and pull an RBR (basically will do what they were doing at the MS years) , build a car around Charles who has been now officially their #1 and Carlos will have to deal with this.
    Agreed, as Brembo said, we must Rubenize Sainz at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Agreed, as Brembo said, we must Rubenize Sainz at all costs!
    For sure ! Charles needs all the help he can get. Max will have Sergio and Lewis will fight for his 8th WDC every race as long as the likes of MASSI is not involved. But..Santander pushing for Carlos will be a tough going. Fan wise Ferrari WCC either way will be great!!! It's never been 5 equally great drivers going for the titles !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    For sure ! Charles needs all the help he can get. Max will have Sergio and Lewis will fight for his 8th WDC every race as long as the likes of MASSI is not involved. But..Santander pushing for Carlos will be a tough going. Fan wise Ferrari WCC either way will be great!!! It's never been 5 equally great drivers going for the titles !
    oh, brembo, just one example: 1982, Didier Pironi, Gilles Villeneuve, Keke Rosberg, Niki Lauda, Michele Alboreto just to name 5, as most of the field back then was OUTSTANDING!, there have been ALWAYS more than 5 'great' drivers in each f1 season, at least up to 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    oh, brembo, just one example: 1982, Didier Pironi, Gilles Villeneuve, Keke Rosberg, Niki Lauda, Michele Alboreto just to name 5, as most of the field back then was OUTSTANDING!, there have been ALWAYS more than 5 'great' drivers in each f1 season, at least up to 2014...
    Millions of $$$ pay; sponsors; and millions of F-1 fans are the main ingredients and rightfully so as far as F-1 is doing great!! I wish for 5 races in the USA !

Mattia Binotto:

“We have been focusing on next year’s car for some time.”

“We stopped developing the 2022 car very early, while Mercedes brought upgrades in Austin and Mexico as well. It’s not surprising that they have improved.”

For how many seasons will he say like this ….

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mattia Binotto:

“We have been focusing on next year’s car for some time.”

“We stopped developing the 2022 car very early, while Mercedes brought upgrades in Austin and Mexico as well. It’s not surprising that they have improved.”

For how many seasons will he say like this ….
    Clown show

Would have been much better to sacrifice 2023 car development so we could stay 2nd this year.

Then next season these members above could complain about why we did that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Would have been much better to sacrifice 2023 car development so we could stay 2nd this year.

We started 1st & slowly went down to 2nd. Now we are 3rd fastest. Is this right graph?
    Or
    Mercs started as 3rd fastest & then to 2nd. Now being to compete for the win. Is this right graph?
    RB started 2nd fastest & developed their in season to become WC.

Both teams didn’t sacrifice their car development for this season to give themselves as chance for next year.

I am quite surprised by these comments from you.

We should defend the team that’s not a problem, but there is limit for everything. If we defend blindly that doesn’t make sense.

I am not so sure we started with the quickest car....maybe the Red Bull DNF's gives such an illusion but they were not slow.

Merc have now caught Red Bull as well so not sure why you are saying RB are still heavily developing this years car.....Merc had such gains to make that it's a bit easier to find chunks of time rather than tenths, but thats always been the case in this sport nothing much new or dramatic about it and if others stand still off course they will catch.
    Forza Ferrari

I am not so sure we started with the quickest car....maybe the Red Bull DNF's gives such an illusion but they were not slow.

Merc have now caught Red Bull as well so not sure why you are saying RB are still heavily developing this years car.....Merc had such gains to make that it's a bit easier to find chunks of time rather than tenths, but thats always been the case in this sport nothing much new or dramatic about it and if others stand still off course they will catch.
    1st half of the season ferrari is the fastest car over RB.
    RB had top speed advantage that’s it.

Forza Ferrari

According to Leo Turrini, a long-time close Ferrari journalist, Binotto's position could be at risk.

Possible replacements are being discussed, due to errors in reliability and strategy, which led to sudden collapse of title hopes, and a disturbed relationship with Leclerc.

Turrini put forward two possible replacements:

- Frederic Vasseur, current team principal of Alfa Romeo Sauber, Leclerc's first team principal and close friends with Nicholas Todt, Leclerc's manager

- Antonello Coletta, Ferrari's GT racing manager

I hope it’s not true. Would like to give Binotto one more chance that is for next season.

no point of getting 2nd. its WCC or nothing. 3rd place gives you more wind tunnel so i prefer to loose on Mercedes.

#AMus
    Ferrari also shifted the focus and resources on the 2023 car directly after the summer break. The problems are set to be identified and to be fixed. Ferrari needs a more efficient car and needs to return to stable downforce in the corners. That was the case at the beginning of the season. But with the floor upgrades in the first half of the season, Ferrari took a wrong turn somewhere. The working window narrowed. Certainly Ferrari was also weakened by the stricter rules on floor flex and plann wear that have been in place since the Belgian GP. And the problems with the engine valves, which led to reduced mileage and grid penalties.

#AMUs Regarding the lack of upgrades, Binotto said that they exhausted the budget cap. The technical department could not introduce solutions:

"This is not a choice we made voluntarily. We simply ran out of money. We can't afford the extra costs for the production of the parts"

#AMUs Regarding the lack of upgrades, Binotto said that they exhausted the budget cap. The technical department could not introduce solutions:

"This is not a choice we made voluntarily. We simply ran out of money. We can't afford the extra costs for the production of the parts"
    For what ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For what ???!!!!
    Too much money spent on drivers crashing cars, engine fire on Carlos that did a lot of damage AND OF COURSE upgrades that never worked A( I call them downgrades as Ferrari is used to this scenario for so many years) after the summer break

Frankly I have very little faith for 2023.....I personally think red bull will be very strong from the get go, Merc, well their car seems to have developed very well towards the end of this year and I’m sure they’ll be up there fighting for wins next year

Where’s Ferrari gonna be.....tell yiu all where....worrying about other teams and their budget caps, SAD BUT TRUE....boy oh boy do I miss Sergio Marchione, he would have NOT have accepted all that mid year rule changes but Elkan seems to only worry about the profits Ferrari make each quarter from road cars sales.....he’s ok with 2nd or 3rd in WCC.....

That’s not a true leader....THAT IS PATHETIC AND MEDIOCRITY IF YUU ASK ME

The most rounded overall, and it gave hope to all of us “could this be the end of the curse?”. Unfortunately, poor management comes to play, as usual (confusing calls, awkward strategy, slow pit, some weird technical gremlins, etc), and ends up in the familiar situation like this year.
    That excuse Binotto is using (focusing on next year etc) has been heard too many times. Why can other teams improve over the seasons and we can’t?? He needs to get creative, like all quality team bosses do.

According to Leo Turrini, a long-time close Ferrari journalist, Binotto's position could be at risk.

Possible replacements are being discussed, due to errors in reliability and strategy, which led to sudden collapse of title hopes, and a disturbed relationship with Leclerc.

- Frederic Vasseur, current team principal of Alfa Romeo Sauber, Leclerc's first team principal and close friends with Nicholas Todt, Leclerc's manager

I hope it’s not true. Would like to give Binotto one more chance that is for next season.
    I think the opposite. He’s an engineer, not a strategic man

It is quite obvious to me , that Ferrari stopped development work for months now.

Other teams catching , RB stretching out.. I dont think we have ever introduced a Real Major update on this car in this year.

Pretty much same car. I bet if we get the first F1-75 ( the car raced on Bahrain track) on the Interlagos. We may found similar pace.

Ferrari ran out of money to develop the F1-75 due to the budget cap towards the end of the 2022 season.

Jeeeeezus......these guys are such boy scouts!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quite honestly I am tired of Binotto.
    He does not seem to understand priorities, he wants to do things WAY too much his way, jeopardising the team, Charles and most of all, the brand.
    It's not HIS team, it's Scuderia Ferrari.
    He had his time but he did not deliver at the end of the day.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quite honestly I am tired of Binotto.
    He does not seem to understand priorities, he wants to do things WAY too much his way, jeopardising the team, Charles and most of all, the brand.
    It's not HIS team, it's Scuderia Ferrari.
    He had his time but he did not deliver at the end of the day.
    He may have delivered as far as the F1-75 went at the beginning of the season but the development was practically non-existent and the TD39 made it even worse. Add to that the strategic errors, reliability and occasional driver mistakes, and the fact that Binotto said no changes are needed, surely that proves that his role as Team Principal has not been successful. It also seems that there is still no solution to the reliability concerns of our engine/turbo installation, so even on a technological level, we are not able to match RB or Mercedes. I don't think he should be sacked but Ferrari desperately needs a TP who is pro-active, firm and persuasive with the FIA, which seems alien to Mattia's thinking.

Rumours are getting stronger and louder today. I would like stability at Ferrari like Merc and RedBull have done for years, however change is needed. Primarily with the strategy team, pit stop crew and race management. Binotto seems like a solid engineer, but not team principal material. Hopefully he sticks with the team because he did build a good car. With our luck he will go to a rival team and build a monster…let’s see how this all plays out. Not sure I like Fred Vasseur as his replacement though.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Thoughts on Frederic Vasseur?