Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1035464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bull have the superior car they have out developed all teams, they have interpreted the new rules in a far more superior way than all teams and as a result will have a runaway season with both championships.Add a fabulous team principle a superior pit wall a driver called Max verstappen who is in a league of his own and mistake free fabulous team environment, in harmony and you have a perfect f1 team that team is redbull one must admire the results and the organisation. The bar is set catch us if you can and that for all teams.
    I disagree on the Max part. Max and Charles are at the same league, that was proven when the cars were pretty much equal.
    RBR just did a better car developing the car better during the year, whereas while we started great , we did not follow thru as good which, unfortunately we have a habbit of doing and (hello Binotto), we need to solve. But oh, I forgot, we are doing great, no?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I disagree on the Max part. Max and Charles are at the same league, that was proven when the cars were pretty much equal.
    RBR just did a better car developing the car better during the year, whereas while we started great , we did not follow thru as good which, unfortunately we have a habbit of doing and (hello Binotto), we need to solve. But oh, I forgot, we are doing great, no?
    +1(+33) and +16

agree on the rest.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari went missing when it truely was needed, the pressure cooker was way to much for the team and they collapsed under the pressure for the many reasons that we have seen.Ferrari need to finish this season with some positive outcomes, the championships are gone except that and use the positive outcomes for the remainder of the season as the launch pad for the next season.

Ferrari went missing when it truely was needed, the pressure cooker was way to much for the team and they collapsed under the pressure for the many reasons that we have seen.Ferrari need to finish this season with some positive outcomes, the championships are gone except that and use the positive outcomes for the remainder of the season as the launch pad for the next season.
    Agreed, and I hope that the way the season has unfolded, particularly for Charles, won't make him think twice about staying with Ferrari in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, and I hope that the way the season has unfolded, particularly for Charles, won't make him think twice about staying with Ferrari in the future.
    If Charles hadn't gotten screwed pit wall in Monaco, Silverstone, and Hungary, and had not made a mistake at either Imola or France, he'd be only once race worth of points behind Max.

Todt and Brawn would publicly take responsibility for team mistakes, identifying them and apologizing to their drivers. That's how you grow and learn. That's what gets the people who made the mistakes into a room discussing what went wrong, and how to avoid it in the future. But when you don't even acknowledge problems, you're sure to not be able to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    If Charles hadn't gotten screwed pit wall in Monaco, Silverstone, and Hungary, and had not made a mistake at either Imola or France, he'd be only once race worth of points behind Max.

Todt and Brawn would publicly take responsibility for team mistakes, identifying them and apologizing to their drivers. That's how you grow and learn. That's what gets the people who made the mistakes into a room discussing what went wrong, and how to avoid it in the future. But when you don't even acknowledge problems, you're sure to not be able to fix them.
    Agreed, that seems to be the issue, Binotto not acknowledging the problem or even admitting to mistakes. Wagging his finger at Charles (for whatever reason) is not the way to build a driver's trust.

And remembering that he had ruinned Vettel’s confidence, it is easy to understand that he is not the right person to lead the team...
    Unfortuntly, Sergio isn't here any more to sack him

How did Binotto ruin Vettel's confidence?
    I think Leclerc did that.

Agreed, that seems to be the issue, Binotto not acknowledging the problem or even admitting to mistakes. Wagging his finger at Charles (for whatever reason) is not the way to build a driver's trust.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/05...our-judgement/

Looks like Binotto has no problem admitting mistakes were made.

Maybe he's just good at hiding it and doing damage control to keep things calm so people don't get panicked and think they're going to lose their jobs.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia...-calm-persona/

I'm pretty sure Binotto, like the rest of us, would rather be winning races than losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    How did Binotto ruin Vettel's confidence?
    I think Leclerc did that.
    He surprisingly let Vettel alone in front of the competition's attacks aftet his mistake in germany. Vettel lost confidence, at the point that Raikonen became faster than him and Leclerc the following year. Vettel needed support and Binotto killed him. I was not a big Vettel's fan, but he didn't deserve that, and this was also a bad thing for the team. It's like Binotto don't know how to manage drivers, and seing what are doing Rueda and Marcos, i think he don't know how to manage anybody

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/05...our-judgement/

Looks like Binotto has no problem admitting mistakes were made.

Maybe he's just good at hiding it and doing damage control to keep things calm so people don't get panicked and think they're going to lose their jobs.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia...-calm-persona/

I'm pretty sure Binotto, like the rest of us, would rather be winning races than losing them.
    He admitted that the calls were bad in Monaco and you conclude that he has no difficulty in acknowledging his mistakes?
    As usual, he said they would learn and correct something to avoid that but what I saw was that they made even more mistakes after that, and instead of acknowledging them, he chose to lie to the absurd every time.
    Happy are those who think it is a stategy of concealment.
    What i learn, is that with Binotto, surealism has integrated F1
    I love surealism, even if i would never think to find it in F1
    All we can do is to laugh each race, but if on my side I can laugh, it’s unbearable for others, Charles the first

Give to the kid a team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 1st September 2022 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    He admitted that the calls were bad in Monaco and you conclude that he has no difficulty in acknowledging his mistakes?
    As usual, he said they would learn and correct something to avoid that but what I saw was that they made even more mistakes after that, and instead of acknowledging them, he chose to lie to the absurd every time.
    Happy are those who think it is a stategy of concealment.
    What i learn, is that with Binotto, surealism has integrated F1
    I love surealism, even if i would never think to find it in F1
    All we can do is to laugh each race, but if on my side I can laugh, it’s unbearable for others, Charles the first

Give to the kid a team!

He's admitting they made mistakes and he explains why they made their decision. What more do you want. Do you want a public announcement that 30 people have been fired? Flagellation in the town square?
    He's admitting that he's upset and frustrated. Do you really think nothing is happening behind the scenes?
    I don't think it's a strategy of concealment, rather, keeping the dirty laundry out of the media. I'm pretty sure there are harsher words being said back at headquarters
    I think I prefer Binotto's quiet approach rather than Helmut and Toto's, say whatever is on your mind and apologize later when you look like a fool, method. There was a reason why Merc & REd Bull got so personal last year... these teams love for fighting in the media.
    I'm willing give this team a chance, because they specifically told us they have a plan laid out and so far, it has gone to plan, although it could have been a lot better. If next year we are making the same mistakes, then let them make some hard decision regarding staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    He surprisingly let Vettel alone in front of the competition's attacks aftet his mistake in germany. Vettel lost confidence, at the point that Raikonen became faster than him and Leclerc the following year. Vettel needed support and Binotto killed him. I was not a big Vettel's fan, but he didn't deserve that, and this was also a bad thing for the team. It's like Binotto don't know how to manage drivers, and seing what are doing Rueda and Marcos, i think he don't know how to manage anybody

It wasn't Binotto that was in charge in 2018. That was Arrivabene. He wouldn't give Vettel the #1. In 2019, Vettel had all the opportunity to beat a rookie team mate but didn't. They couldn't justify his massive par check.

It wasn't Binotto that was in charge in 2018. That was Arrivabene. He wouldn't give Vettel the #1. In 2019, Vettel had all the opportunity to beat a rookie team mate but didn't. They couldn't justify his massive par check.
    My apologies, he was CTO by 2018

He's admitting they made mistakes and he explains why they made their decision. What more do you want. Do you want a public announcement that 30 people have been fired? Flagellation in the town square?
    He's admitting that he's upset and frustrated. Do you really think nothing is happening behind the scenes?
    I don't think it's a strategy of concealment, rather, keeping the dirty laundry out of the media. I'm pretty sure there are harsher words being said back at headquarters
    I think I prefer Binotto's quiet approach rather than Helmut and Toto's, say whatever is on your mind and apologize later when you look like a fool, method. There was a reason why Merc & REd Bull got so personal last year... these teams love for fighting in the media.
    I'm willing give this team a chance, because they specifically told us they have a plan laid out and so far, it has gone to plan, although it could have been a lot better. If next year we are making the same mistakes, then let them make some hard decision regarding staff.
    I don't think it would help anyone asking for Binotto's scalp, but even if he did admit to the Monaco strategy mistake, he then allowed similar mistakes in subsequent races. It's commendable trying to keep any dirty laundry out of the media but there is till doubt as to whether he is capable of managing team personnel in the most effective way, and the drivers suffer accordingly. But I do prefer his quieter manner than Marko and Toto's, it just need to be more effective and not just trying to excuse the failings.

Ferrari news from Motorsport Italy:

Ferrari is still searching for answers regarding their huge tyre degradation issue since the last few races, so they might do comparative tests in Monza, by using the pre-France GP floor.

Motorsport Italy also writes that Ferrari will try to push the engine mappings in Monza. The full potential of the PU have been held back a little to avoid breakdowns/engine failures.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari news from Motorsport Italy:

Ferrari is still searching for answers regarding their huge tyre degradation issue since the last few races, so they might do comparative tests in Monza, by using the pre-France GP floor.

Motorsport Italy also writes that Ferrari will try to push the engine mappings in Monza. The full potential of the PU have been held back a little to avoid breakdowns/engine failures.
    As well as yellow team gear for the drivers, it seems we may even get yellow on the cars too at Monza. Surely we'd rather be competitive again?

As well as yellow team gear for the drivers, it seems we may even get yellow on the cars too at Monza. Surely we'd rather be competitive again?
    Maybe they think a yellow go faster stripe will be the answer to all our prayers?

The F1-75 pre TD39 has been developed well, now the technicians are facing a challenge that is to find load and a decent compromise. Mercedes degraded at the beginning of the year due to forced rigidity, something that seems to have touched Ferrari after TD. a reflection and evaluation of many data. It is clear that now the car does nothing but slide where it shouldn't, by overheating the tires instead of exploiting them well (as it did in France and Hungary)

@Guiliano Duchessa

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Maybe they think a yellow go faster stripe will be the answer to all our prayers?
    Before the race Linguini with clams; shrimps and mussels alla marinara! A Canoli for desert. A walk around the track then in the car.

You forgot the chianti 1itre bottle.

You forgot the chianti 1itre bottle.
    And the grappa to ease the pain afterwards?!

picture of the Ferrari power unit on Haas's car; still can't figure out if its a split turbo or not

https://i.imgur.com/4EcnaV3.jpeg

It's amazing to me that people don't grasp how easy it to cheat the cost cap.

The audit of 21' isn't even over yet, and we're supposed to believe the FIA seriously police the budget cap? It's laughable.

Remember when Toto, Horner, and Brown questioned if Ferrari were using Haas for their development? Yeah, that should tell you what's going on at that those teams. It's projection. That's what they do with Alpha Tauri and Aston.

Spygate would've never been exposed without Alonso falling out with Dennis, and Crashgate would've never been exposed without Piquet falling out with Flavio. The idea that Red Bull and Mercedes don't take full advantage of their relationships with Alpha Tauri and Aston Martin for their own development, sharing development and wind tunnel data, and cooking their books for the audit they know will take over a year past the season end, is foolish. Of course they can keep it a secret, and of course the FIA will never catch them without a whistleblower, and so why Ferrari are under the impression that Red Bull and Mercedes are going to get cheating the budget cap, IDK.

What Toto and Horner were really saying is 'Ferrari are fools not to use Haas like we do our satellite teams".

Motorsport Italy reports that Ferrari will have an upgrade package in Singapore & the second and final upgrade could arrive in Mexico.
    Expect changes to the floor / wings

The main focus of the technical department in Maranello is now shifted to 2023.

Ferrari needs a mental upgrade as far as staying within the current year and doing all they can to get a win or at least a podium. It's a waste of driver talent to send them out to race with 2023 on the brain only. Make R Bull and evryone else sweat it out to get a win. At least the likes of Masi is gone! I hope!

The thing, I have understood from this season that the Ferrari car is Just a 1 LAP car i.e. a Qualifying car & not a race car.
    And ferrari really need to improve on their race strategy, to win races regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    The thing, I have understood from this season that the Ferrari car is Just a 1 LAP car i.e. a Qualifying car & not a race car.
    And ferrari really need to improve on their race strategy, to win races regularly.
    Wrong.

Look at Australia GP, we smashed RB over 20+ sec.
    Barcelona without DNF, we were very comfortable
    Monaco, France, RB ring we were fastest & to an extent Hungary/Canada as well.

Since Hungary F1-75 lost something where tyres are going off very quickly. Now it became 1 Lap car.

Ferrari lost development race/Strategy calls/DNF’s against RB & Merc. This is a big factor going into 2nd half given any season.

To conclude, F1-75 is good base car but not enough developed further. This reminds me of 2018 & 2019 season.

Look at RB-Max, they have strong race car hence they can take grid penalties & still win.

Looks like Ferrari still making the same mistakes of the past, they do not know how to develop in season. They are clueless as to why our developments haven’t worked. I think we are in for another 4 years of pain….

"The reason of the poor car balance was due to aero developments that brought us there. It was a question mark for us."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...lled/10369618/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Looks like Ferrari still making the same mistakes of the past, they do not know how to develop in season. They are clueless as to why our developments haven’t worked. I think we are in for another 4 years of pain….

"The reason of the poor car balance was due to aero developments that brought us there. It was a question mark for us."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...lled/10369618/
    2021 second half was good. We made some progress.
    2018 & 2022 -> 2nd half we were out developed by Merc & RB.

When car is good we are not able maintain that edge. When the car is worse, we made some progress.