Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8334445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Despite everything, I believe Ferrari is at the best level since 2007-2008.

Personally, I support Binotto.

The car concept was exceptional, the engine development strategy was long-term and has created an extremely powerful and innovative engine which will eventually be reliable.

The only weakness is the strategy department and surely the process/system they use will be re-assessed.
    The real issue with the team is that we've been out of championship contention for eons. We need to get back in form.
    In a way , Mattia is right to be -that- supportive and take all the blame (in his way) on himself, because in a way when he says there is nothing to change, that means he sees nothing wrong, then he means that the buck stops with him, for better or worse.

There is a real question here, what will happen at the end of the season, regarding Binotto and how the team will be found at 2023.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I believe Binotto will be from now on better than ever with his decisions across the board now that he knows Mick is out of the picture as far as having to make room for him any time soon. Both Charles and Carlos are on top of their game; neither should get the ax!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The real issue with the team is that we've been out of championship contention for eons. We need to get back in form.
    In a way , Mattia is right to be -that- supportive and take all the blame (in his way) on himself, because in a way when he says there is nothing to change, that means he sees nothing wrong, then he means that the buck stops with him, for better or worse.

There is a real question here, what will happen at the end of the season, regarding Binotto and how the team will be found at 2023.
    Ferrari, IMHO, has not been this fast since the Schumacher era. This car should be leading both championships, there have been strategy blunders and reliability issues. I have full confidence in Binotto (who has gotten Ferrari to this point) to address the strategy and reliability issues. He has done a lot since he took over as team principal. He can't do everything all at once, we do have to give him some time. He's a very methodical and brilliant man. I believe a man this intelligent knows there has been strategy blunders but he is simply protecting the team.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Ferrari, IMHO, has not been this fast since the Schumacher era. This car should be leading both championships, there have been strategy blunders and reliability issues. I have full confidence in Binotto (who has gotten Ferrari to this point) to address the strategy and reliability issues. He has done a lot since he took over as team principal. He can't do everything all at once, we do have to give him some time. He's a very methodical and brilliant man. I believe a man this intelligent knows there has been strategy blunders but he is simply protecting the team.
    And that is the point exactly. Binotto does not want his crew to be afraid of making calls outside of the box. As I see it, he is giving his team his confidence. I'm pretty sure they have analysed the strategy calls and why they were made.
    And yes Ferrari has been around for a long time, but when a new leader steps in, it's going to take him time to get all the right people in the right places, so as an operating team right now, they are still growing. Todt took a few years to get his super team built.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    And that is the point exactly. Binotto does not want his crew to be afraid of making calls outside of the box. As I see it, he is giving his team his confidence. I'm pretty sure they have analysed the strategy calls and why they were made.
    And yes Ferrari has been around for a long time, but when a new leader steps in, it's going to take him time to get all the right people in the right places, so as an operating team right now, they are still growing. Todt took a few years to get his super team built.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Τhe only thing that "scares" me a bit, is the nature of the stategy errors ,especialy for Lec. I could accept Monaco error and can understant that tey caught out with ow fast Perez could be on the 1st lap out of the pits. BUT Silverstone and Hungary it was another thing, even after all those days i cant fint a single excuse and i looks more like a "calculated" error. This year is the 1st time in my F1 watchig life that i see things happening that a cant understand ,accept and make any excuse for them that leads to minimize my hopes for the future. Simply from Silverstone onwards ,i cant understand whats going on inside the team,what they have i their minds and what to hope for !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Let them pass! Fans & Sponsors = F 1. Whatever it takes I need F-1 !

It's amazing that every one forgets that 2017 and 2018 Ferrari were championship contenders.
    The lost both championship by a combination of driver and team errors.
    We also had problematic strategy calls, but also had brilliant ones.

Not this year though...
    Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    It's amazing that every one forgets that 2017 and 2018 Ferrari were championship contenders.

Not this year though...
    Anyway.
    Yeah, but in 17 or 18 we did NOT have outright fastest car....I’m sorry but the Merc was way ahead of us, their engine was superior compared to Ferrari’s...it’s the sad truth

Even without the errors that both driver and team made, we would still have fallen short by the end of the year

Merc just blew us away in terms of developing the car in the second half,....we just fell FLAT ON OUR FACES in terms of development

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, but in 17 or 18 we did NOT have outright fastest car....I’m sorry but the Merc was way ahead of us, their engine was superior compared to Ferrari’s...it’s the sad truth

Even without the errors that both driver and team made, we would still have fallen short by the end of the year

Merc just blew us away in terms of developing the car in the second half,....we just fell FLAT ON OUR FACES in terms of development
    Wow !! Why isn't Aroutis and the rest of the anti Brembo crew telling you to go find a Merc Lewis forum? You really put Ferrari down! The only thing your missing is saying Rubens name! Enjoy the rest of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wow !! Why isn't Aroutis and the rest of the anti Brembo crew telling you to go find a Merc Lewis forum? You really put Ferrari down! The only thing your missing is saying Rubens name! Enjoy the rest of the season!
    Is there anything wrong in what he says? And he does not reference lulu , you do , do you have a huge poster of him in your room too?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Is there anything wrong in what he says? And he does not reference lulu , you do , do you have a huge poster of him in your room too?
    Ok I get it now. IT's O K to mention Merc in our Ferrari treads as long as it doesn't Mention the GOAT Sir Lewis. Tyre choice is important next race. I hope Ferrari gets it right. And NO team orders!

what a pity that this car will not be able to be champion. it disturbs me

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    what a pity that this car will not be able to be champion. it disturbs me
    Very true words! Especially since Merc no longer has a top car.

Very true words! Especially since Merc no longer has a top car.
    Just give Toto and FIA a bit more time. They'll TD Merc a winner soon.

Ok I get it now. IT's O K to mention Merc in our Ferrari treads as long as it doesn't Mention the GOAT Sir Lewis. Tyre choice is important next race. I hope Ferrari gets it right. And NO team orders!
    Let me get it simple for you
    It's not ok to say that you want Lulu to get an 8th championship, because in your sick mind that would make it great and a revenge for what your beloved Reubens suffered in the hands of that evil Ferrari.
    Go hide under a rock now . Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Just give Toto and FIA a bit more time. They'll TD Merc a winner soon.
    Indeed they will. And the media will be all over how Merc worked their way into a miracle ;)

Let me get it simple for you
    It's not ok to say that you want Lulu to get an 8th championship, because in your sick mind that would make it great and a revenge for what your beloved Reubens suffered in the hands of that evil Ferrari.
    Go hide under a rock now . Troll.
    Dear friend,
    Why are you responding to troll?!? Just put him to ignore list, and when majority of people here do that, he'll be talking to him self!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Dear friend,
    Why are you responding to troll?!? Just put him to ignore list, and when majority of people here do that, he'll be talking to him self!
    Good point.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Dear friend,
    Agreed, he’s been added to my ignore list for some time now...Ive had enough of his non sense on this forum

I put him on my Ignore: rotfl list also !!

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post

Not this year though...
    Anyway.
    Agreed, we were in contention for championships by mid-season with Fernando and Seb, but managed to blow it after the summer break for various reasons.

Getting back to technical stuff . Anyone knows what's the new hybrid worth ? qualy performance ? or race performance ?

our cars look so slow as hell

Did we have ANY 'upgrades' on the car for Spa, if so they were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

In '17 we were behind, but the overall gap in '18 was fairly negligible. Driver errors lost us that championship.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, we were in contention for championships by mid-season with Fernando and Seb, but managed to blow it after the summer break for various reasons.
    With Fernando, we were in contention at the final race of the season on 2 occasions. In particular, we should have easily won 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    In '17 we were behind, but the overall gap in '18 was fairly negligible. Driver errors lost us that championship.
    No.

Driver error + our 2nd half development path was horrible. We couldn’t get upgrades working where as Mercs 2018 2nd half development upgrades were super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No.

Driver error + our 2nd half development path was horrible. We couldn’t get upgrades working where as Mercs 2018 2nd half development upgrades were super fast.
    https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/15/...-a-slower-car/

The 2nd half fall off in performance was not that significant, as by Austin, Ferrari were back on level terms. In 2017, yes, Ferrari really did fall off the pace after Singapore. However, in 2018, driver error played a much bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Did we have ANY 'upgrades' on the car for Spa, if so they were useless.
    And what about the new suspension that was part of the 2 half of the season updates????

Clown Binitto should talk about that, not about budget cap