Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    And Mercedes are bringing a few more updates to Silverstone with Ferrari and Red Bull, which should be the end of the road for major updates.

Ferrari still have yet to bring the lighter rear wings, new lower drag sidepods, more revisions to the floor, the new rear suspension updates, an MGU-K update, and a likely engine reliability update for later in the season. That should at least give them a shot at some more grand prix victories.
    To criticize the work quoted, I would say that the tests on the floor and the diffusor are not really evolutions and i winder if it cost that much.
    For me uptades were very few, especially relative to Mercedes: 1 new floor and a complete range of rear wings (which in my opinion and inexplicably were not at the level of the competition).
    There are still the mirror legs and the brake ducts which are details
    I think they forgot the front suspension arm and may be the rear brake discs (but these discs are not aero evolutions)
    As far as the budget cap is concerned, mention could also be made of the car’s weight reduction, but again, Ferrari spent less than its competitors
    You have mentioned the future evolution of the mgu-k, but in fact it is the complete set of electrical components that will be updated, but this is independent of the budget cap
    All this taken into account, it seems to me that Ferrari has significantly spent less than its competitors, so I hope that, as announced, we will see significant and decisive updates coming ( but maybe should i have considered the cost of additionals PU and Sainz crashes' repairs)

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...unnel-running/

F88888K ME... but the FIA is REALLY going all out for the cheating *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...unnel-running/

F88888K ME... but the FIA is REALLY going all out for the cheating *******s
    No, these are the rules.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No, these are the rules.
    I see, I was under the impression wind tunnel testing was limited to off season... Thanks for pointing that out.

I have zero worries/doubts regarding F1-75's competitiveness. But I do have big doubts about the operational side of our garage. We lost 2 easy wins in Spain and Monaco and lost a potential win in Baku. So overall, Charles only scored 12 out of potential 75 in those 3 races. And after seeing Sainz's pace, I have zero doubt that Charles would've won the Canadian GP easily, had he not been forced to start from the back.

Ferrari is giving away points willy nilly. They can't afford to continue this miserable streak any longer. I don't want to see any more childish mistakes and excuses from them.

I think exactly the same thing

Ferrari needs both drivers to be on top every race . And it looks possible!

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Interesting, would love our boys to outshine the RBs and Mercs at Silverstone, it's payback time!

The car looks ready to take on Red Bull in Silverstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9EZxMTZgQ

Both Ferrari drivers also look ready to take on all competition as long as the cars are also ready and able. It's about time for Ferrari to get up front and do some wins and podiums.

Any word on when the rear suspension updates will arrive?

If i remember well Binotto's statement, i think it could be Spa, but let's see Sylverstone first
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th June 2022 at 21:13.

When are the side pods coming

We think that the sidepods will be introduced this week, that’s what was said during the Spanish gp

The only thing that will beat ferrari to both championships is ferrari itself unfortunately untimely human errors with some reliability concerns is the archillies heel of the team,without those issues ferrari would have been miles ahead in this current campaign, is it to late only time will tell and it all starts in Silverstone this weekend.The next four races before summers break provides ferrari with a great opportunity to close the gap significantly with the second half of the season remaing.Could well be a mouth watering finish.I always expect the unexpected.FORZA FERRARI.

https://twitter.com/FanaticsFerrari/...gIkeRFCwQ&s=19

And someone asked about sidepots?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    https://twitter.com/FanaticsFerrari/...gIkeRFCwQ&s=19

And someone asked about sidepots?!?!
    so all the rumors we heard a while back taht Ferrari will bring new reshaped sidepods, modified rear suspension to fix OR bring down the porpoising to minimum were JUST RUMORS.....

i thought so.....

anyway, hope we get a 1-2 this weekend.....we bloody need it....oh, and a DNF for Maxipad

Surely there must be some upgrades. We are still suffering from the porpoising. Taking Maggot-Beckett with over 300 kmph while jumping up and down can't be productive nor safe.

Only god knows what the hell are they doing at the factory. Or are they still waiting for Red Bull to run out of development money?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Surely there must be some upgrades. We are still suffering from the porpoising. Taking Maggot-Beckett with over 300 kmph while jumping up and down can't be productive nor safe.

Only god knows what the hell are they doing at the factory. Or are they still waiting for Red Bull to run out of development money?
    oh, man you made LOL with that statement.....but yeah, probably

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

No updates from ferrari for silverstone. Just adjustment of car to track specific.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No updates from ferrari for silverstone. Just adjustment of car to track specific.
    ...and we aim for a WIN at this race???? red bull prolly got this in the bag....because tehy always bring upgrades....they dont' give 2 s h i t s about cost cap.....

Ferrari PU layout
    https://youtu.be/plGZMD9VyyI

Red bull will bring nothing there money is drying up that why horner and Dr death are fluffing around the fia, as a matter of fact most teams are drying up financially, this is survival of the fitest and what money teams have left has to be spent sensibly.Red bull are anticipating a very very fast ferrari this weekend and the likelihood of a ferrari win.The season is long and the balance of power will seasaw with the top teams.

Incomprehensible. Solving the porpoising should be their number 1 priority. But here we are, nearly 5 months passed since the winter testing and the aforementioned issue still hasn't been fixed yet.

"Adjustments" might just be another word for updates.

One can't believe everything they hear about when a team are bringing updates and what they're bringing. It hasn't been just Ferrari, either. Red Bull were said to bring a whole package to Spain, and it didn't happen. Mercedes were supposed to bring updates to Baku, but that didn't happen either.

It's interesting how relentless Mercedes have been at developing their car. Jeddah, new rear wing, new front and rear wings at Miami, new floor and a second new front wing in Spain, another new floor and front wing coming for Silverstone. And don't forget the sidepods evolution. It's very interesting how they can throw tons of money at development, and it hasn't put them any closer to Red Bull yet.

RedBull will have the advantage because in Silverstone aero efficiency is king, even if Ferrari generates more downforce overall and there is that rumor that RB will lose weight

I think Ferrari saw that they had a very good car at Canada and with the new rear wing should have a really quick car at Silverstone. Maybe this version of the car is better suited for Silverstone as is than with the upgrades.

Updates, No updates everything comes down to the final results. I don't think we lack performance, we where actually faster then RedBull in most of tracks (except Miami and Imola) BUT for every other reason we made a mess so we fall a lot behind the standings. So its more like try to have mistake free weeksnds and a good reliability so to be able to run our car to the maximum potential and we will be more or less alright!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

+1 PURE PASSION!