Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 253637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

They will fix the reliability, but the question is when. Hopefully not too late cause we have already given away so much points. We only scored 12 points out of possible 75.

We are going to regret all the lost points but the main question is, are we going to regret it more than Red Bull?

We have the fastest car-driver combo. But right now, we're unable to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    They will fix the reliability, but the question is when. Hopefully not too late cause we have already given away so much points. We only scored 12 points out of possible 75.

We are going to regret all the lost points but the main question is, are we going to regret it more than Red Bull?

We have the fastest car-driver combo. But right now, we're unable to utilize it.
    Mattia in recent interview said it will take time can be long term as well. For now we are trying chase performance. So I think approach is like Lewis - Brazil 2021 situation. Let’s see

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Can we all put away our angry views aside and rather discuss what we can do for the next GP.

Is our cooling system not right for this PU unit ?

Can we change our air ducts for more ventilation ?

What can our boys do for Canada...............Or is it doom and gloom ?
    Thank you for your positive posts the last couple of days. I'll answer your question in my next post.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so what now, the FIA don't allow us to fix our engines for reliability concerns/problems????

that is load of crap.....maybe Merc and Honda have an input on this and they dont' agree that we should be able to fix the issues

here's a link:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...g_success8217/
    i'm not sure how reliable this is, and it doesn't give much detail. If we requested a reliability repair ahead of Baku, does that mean we looked at PU and knew it had problems IN ADDITION to the failures of the turbo and MGU-K, or were they CAUSED by that failure. OR is the problem unrelated, and if so do we have new spec already ready to go? does that new spec sacrifice any horespower to achieve improved reliability?

best case scenario, and i'm afraid this is wishful thinking, is we have a new spec ready to go that fixes the issue without sacrificing any reliability.

and this is actually the right move strategically. judging by the posts of most members of this forum, they don't recall how Renault made a mockery of the V8 homolgation through "reliability" tweaks. If the likes of Red Bull want this freeze, then we must stick it to them by bending the rules that they cannot. Horner said after the first race he'd rather make a fast car reliable than a slow car fast. And that's where Ferrari is now.

I was actually worried after the first races that Red Bull would use their unreliability to sneak performance into their cars, but now Ferrari is in that position, because if even with ridiculously over powered DRS in Baku, the Red Bulls could not overtake Charles. Tyre wear was good as well. And if the Red Bull can't beat us on pace there, where can they?

This is key for the next 3 seasons, Ferrari's ability to bend the homologation rules, to create a beast of an engine. It's a 1000 IQ move by Binotto if he can pull it off technically but more importantly politically. Because as I said, if this engine keeps it's pace ( maybe sneak in a few more bhp because of this reliability issue ) the Fizzy Drink company has no response. We've built a car that is better at downforce and mechanical grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i'm not sure how reliable this is, and it doesn't give much detail. If we requested a reliability repair ahead of Baku, does that mean we looked at PU and knew it had problems IN ADDITION to the failures of the turbo and MGU-K, or were they CAUSED by that failure. OR is the problem unrelated, and if so do we have new spec already ready to go? does that new spec sacrifice any horespower to achieve improved reliability?

best case scenario, and i'm afraid this is wishful thinking, is we have a new spec ready to go that fixes the issue without sacrificing any reliability.

and this is actually the right move strategically. judging by the posts of most members of this forum, they don't recall how Renault made a mockery of the V8 homolgation through "reliability" tweaks. If the likes of Red Bull want this freeze, then we must stick it to them by bending the rules that they cannot. Horner said after the first race he'd rather make a fast car reliable than a slow car fast. And that's where Ferrari is now.

I was actually worried after the first races that Red Bull would use their unreliability to sneak performance into their cars, but now Ferrari is in that position, because if even with ridiculously over powered DRS in Baku, the Red Bulls could not overtake Charles. Tyre wear was good as well. And if the Red Bull can't beat us on pace there, where can they?

This is key for the next 3 seasons, Ferrari's ability to bend the homologation rules, to create a beast of an engine. It's a 1000 IQ move by Binotto if he can pull it off technically but more importantly politically. Because as I said, if this engine keeps it's pace ( maybe sneak in a few more bhp because of this reliability issue ) the Fizzy Drink company has no response. We've built a car that is better at downforce and mechanical grip.
    side note, in addition to the engine development i outlined here, you use the Mercedes 2021 strategy,

build a line of engines that only last 2 races, take the penalty, storm through the field, get 3-4, with safety cars, who knows maybe more, and win the next one

side note, in addition to the engine development i outlined here, you use the Mercedes 2021 strategy,

build a line of engines that only last 2 races, take the penalty, storm through the field, get 3-4, with safety cars, who knows maybe more, and win the next one
    Yep. And I suspected Ferrari would try something like this even before the issues arose.

With the LDF RW and a fresh PU Leclerc will be a good 1.2 seconds faster than the Mercedes drivers, and will fly by them, assuming he doesn't get in a crash. Carlos lets him by and then he's off to chase down the Red Bull's. Then run the engine conservatively for a race, and then run it to the max until he blows for the third round, before you do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Yep. And I suspected Ferrari would try something like this even before the issues arose.

With the LDF RW and a fresh PU Leclerc will be a good 1.2 seconds faster than the Mercedes drivers, and will fly by them, assuming he doesn't get in a crash. Carlos lets him by and then he's off to chase down the Red Bull's. Then run the engine conservatively for a race, and then run it to the max until he blows for the third round, before you do it all over again.
    A better strategy is to revert back to PU1 spec and work on making the engine reliable so that when we use PU4, we win the rest of the races for the year.
    It's going to suck not killing it but anything can happen in races especially if some of them it rains. At least we are going to finish.

And you say we have clowns on the pitwall
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    this is exactly what Merc did last year and it worked! it worked so well they had to gift Maxipad the championship in that farce of a last race.

Also don't forget, aren't future penalties only 5 places after your first 10 place or did they change that?

But it might not be time to go to this extreme yet. Especially if we have a spec already ready that is both reliable and as strong as we showed in Baku.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 14th June 2022 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sure do.

And I'm far from alone in that opinion.

this is exactly what Merc did last year and it worked! it worked so well they had to gift Maxipad the championship in that farce of a last race.

Also don't forget, aren't future penalties only 5 places after your first 10 place or did they change that?

But it might not be time to go to this extreme yet. Especially if we have a spec already ready that is both reliable and as strong as we showed in Baku.
    also, maybe it isn't time to go full on Merc 2021. Only AR and Haas finished last season without penalty...

it worked so well they had to gift Maxipad the championship in that farce of a last race.

What was so farce about it????
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What was so farce about it????
    Nothing as far as I'm concerned. Karma on Mercedes for the dirty tricks and douchebag driving from Hamilton. It was sweet to watch them fall, and show how they can't handle defeat with any dignity.

Nothing as far as I'm concerned. Karma on Mercedes for the dirty tricks and douchebag driving from Hamilton. It was sweet to watch them fall, and show how they can't handle defeat with any dignity.
    Yeah...I know....but I wanna here his side of it as to why it was such a "farce."

Yeah...I know....but I wanna here his side of it as to why it was such a "farce."
    i know you're a Maxipad fan.

i don't like either of them, they're crybabies and they drive like s***heads racing side by side. and i'm glad a call didn't go Mercs way for the first time in a decade

But the FIA has said that they got the call wrong. You don't let those cars unlap themselves, or wait until all cars unlap, title goes to Shamilton. which im glad didn't happen because i want Michael's record in tact. so i guess i play both sides on this issue because on one hand i am glad Michael's record is in tact, but i also think they botched that safety car procedure.

then you have the guy from Fizzy Drinks saying " let them unlap themselves and we have a motor race" so it's clear he influenced the result. he did it again this year in Jeddah to get yellows so Leclerc couldn't reovertake.

like i said, i think both drivers are terrible personalities and overrated, i'm not dissappointed by the outcome, so much as the way it was achieved, putting the show over fairness, i guess is the way to put it. but hey, this is F1 why should i be surprised

i know you're a Maxipad fan.

i don't like either of them, they're crybabies and they drive like s***heads racing side by side. and i'm glad a call didn't go Mercs way for the first time in a decade

But the FIA has said that they got the call wrong. You don't let those cars unlap themselves, or wait until all cars unlap, title goes to Shamilton. which im glad didn't happen because i want Michael's record in tact. so i guess i play both sides on this issue because on one hand i am glad Michael's record is in tact, but i also think they botched that safety car procedure.

then you have the guy from Fizzy Drinks saying " let them unlap themselves and we have a motor race" so it's clear he influenced the result. he did it again this year in Jeddah to get yellows so Leclerc couldn't reovertake.

like i said, i think both drivers are terrible personalities and overrated, i'm not dissappointed by the outcome, so much as the way it was achieved, putting the show over fairness, i guess is the way to put it. but hey, this is F1 why should i be surprised
    fair enough.....I can respect that.

Let me break down the race for you. Lap 1, Lewis leaves a gap open and Max dives in and takes the lead at the apex going into the corner, Max goes wide forcing Lewis to go wide then Lewis decides to cut the chicane to regain the lead. Lewis took an unfair advantage by keeping his position.

Lap 14, Max comes in for hards and lap 15 Lewis comes in for hards to cover Max.

Lap 20 and 21 Perez defends against Lewis to push Lewis back into Max...and Perez does a good job.

I believe there was a VSC but I forgot what lap that was........Lewis could have come in for a fresh set of tires...but didn't.

Lap 53 Latifi bins it and Max comes in to change for softs....but Lewis stays out due to track position. Now Lewis is on 39 lap old tires and Max has a new set of softs.

Lap 57 Masi decides to let the 5 cars unlap themselves. These are the 5 cars between Lewis and Max. Now Masi could have let ALL cars unlap themselves on lap 56....either way, Max wins.

Now the whole debate is the word ANY (which is used in the rule book) and the word ALL. ANY does'nt mean ALL. I realize that this type of procedure of only letting 5 cars unlap themselves has never been done before but it would have been the same a lap earlier by letting ALL cars unlap themselves. Either way you cut it...Max wins.

Also, Article 15.3 gives Masi overriding decision to make his decision as best as he sees fit.

Now in 2022, these rules have changed to include 2 new race directors. Rules in F1 are like taxes. At one point in time it is legal and another point in time it is illegal.

That's my 2 cents.

Btw, Max is the youngest F1 driver in F1 history to complete 25 race wins after the Baku2022 win. He did it in 24yrs and 255 days.

Michael Schumacher did it at France on June 29th, 1997 at 28yrs and 177 days.

Lewis Hamilton did it at China on April 20th, 2014 at 29yrs and 103 days.

Btw, Max is the youngest F1 driver in F1 history to complete 25 race wins after the Baku2022 win. He did it in 24yrs and 255 days.

Michael Schumacher did it at France on June 29th, 1997 at 28yrs and 177 days.

Lewis Hamilton did it at China on April 20th, 2014 at 29yrs and 103 days.
    more races in a season, started younger, that record is even less valid than Shamilton's 100+ wins

Thank you for your positive posts the last couple of days. I'll answer your question in my next post.

Thanks Champ.
    Drive it like you stole it!

Maybe an uninformed question, but could there be a link between the Ferrari engine issues and the porpoising?

Has any one considered sabotage, just putting it out there all of a sudden we are sinking is there a mole in the ferrari garage anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Has any one considered sabotage, just putting it out there all of a sudden we are sinking is there a mole in the ferrari garage anything is possible.
    thats a long shot man.. do we know what was the issue on Lec ? was it ice turbo or mgu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Both Ferrari's D N F ! No pressure on the team members. Just show up and do what you can.
    In case you 've missed the memo, the two drivers do show up and do what they can.
    This is all about the factory guys. They have the following tasks at hand:
    1. Identify the culprits; what is causing the engine fails. This is not just for our guys but for the customer teams too
    2. A temporary fix to take us to the next race. There is no luxury for us to have an engine failure at Canada. This is not debatable, this is not an option
    3. A permanent fix in one or two weeks time that will be bench tested for distance etc and if needed (should be) will be submitted to FIA for security etc so the engine will be modified accordingly.

All these are not easy tasks. Probably guys will have to lose sleep. As I say for myself at work, when we go thru demanding / pressing project, such is life.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Maybe an uninformed question, but could there be a link between the Ferrari engine issues and the porpoising?
    Could be.

Russell mentioned the porpoising was a bit different for the teams at the beginning of the year, more of a slower motion compared to the rapid bouncing we're seeing now after changes the teams made.

that was just what we need!!

https://scuderiafans.com/baku-ferrar...t-be-salvaged/

The only somehow positive out of this situation that if true will lead to a quicker fix:

"In the engine department headed by Enrico Gualtieri there is a general nervous state, according to the rumors reported by Franco Nugnes for Motorsport Italy, because what failed was an element that has never given problems during the last few years and, therefore, was not a part at risk. It is a piece that is not produced by Ferrari, but which is ensured by a supplier who self-certifies the quality of each individual piece."
    "The problems do not seem determined by the increase in performance sought in the challenge with Red Bull: the use of more or less aggresive mappings did not lead to the flaws of the “Superfast” engine"
    Last edited by subfire91; 14th June 2022 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I posted a comment regarding possible sabotage after the race in Baku, just as an aside, and just said it felt like we were being cursed, or possibly sabotaged? Glad someone else has mentioned it.
    Last edited by wisepie; 15th June 2022 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Obviously not, coz he is ****** ***** troll!!! And mods are not doing anything to stop it!
    Stefa, this kind of language is really not appropriate. Everyone knows someone that is autistic in this day and age and a medical condition should not be made fun of.

Please do not personally insult anyone.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    that was just what we need!!

https://scuderiafans.com/baku-ferrar...t-be-salvaged/

The only somehow positive out of this situation that if true will lead to a quicker fix:
    That would be the best scenario. That it is somehow a bad batch of components. And also unrelated to the failures of the turbo and MGU.

In which case, our performance will not be compromised in Canada.

And if the Canada PU also has parts from the bad batch, we'll have to take penalties, but it shouldn't blow in one race... i hope ...

And we have to be tough with this supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Stefa, this kind of language is really not appropriate. Everyone knows someone that is autistic in this day and age and a medical condition should not be made fun of.

Please do not personally insult anyone.
    I got it over the line, I confess. But what about his constant trolling about Rubens and Sir LH?!?!?? I find that an insult to myself!!!!!