Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 233435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Top speed was a consequence but more specifically the cause was drag. Depending on the settings adopted, the difference in top speed could be more or less important, these settings expressing the chosen compromise. As long as Ferrari had a clear lead on other points, the drag weakness could be compensated for, more or less. There inevitably came a time when the progress of RB or even the track characteristics highlighted the excess drag of the SF75. This excess of drag due to the rear wing manifested itself in two ways: closed drs with more drag than RB but above all opened drs where the difference was enormous. Look at the difference in speeds in the 2 configurations for each car, and you will see how much more RB was able gain speed. Also, and for once it is appreciable to the eye, look at the difference in projected surface between the rear wings drs open, it was edifying. I consider on this point that surprisingly, Ferrari had been bad on the design of the rear wing and I think that they had the same reflection seen how they made a priority of a new range of wings. When you can't get enough distance from an opponent and he catches you half a second in a straight, it's necessarily complicated. Besides Binotto said, I think, they would have needed the new wing in Djedha
    So to understand each other better, maybe we should have talked about rear wing drag instead of top speed
    I understand all this , but what I see o track is that most of the times the key of an overtake is in on the 1st part of a straight. If there the car behind can be close enough he could manage the overtake .
    In Miami all was saying that Max won due to his greater top speed.I disagree. Mostly because the facts I explained in the previous posts and also remember Perez. On a car with the same great top speed as Max ,he couldn't overtake Sainz simply because Sainz didn't have the traction problems of Lec and had good exits on the last corners before the 2 straights . If it was only due to top speed we would overtook him easily but he didn't!!!!
    Top speed is playing a role only when 2 cars are equal in traction zones. Then the car behind can stay close to the front and overtake him with his greater top speed.
    Now I can accept that Red Bull has made gains in slow corners/ traction so that they can use better their top speed. But we counter that with our upgrades in Spain and made our cat more efficient.
    All I want to say is that me personally I don't watch the top speed of our car in a weekend but mostly how is the balance and if we manage to be infront in traction zones before straights.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Top speed was a consequence but more specifically the cause was drag. Depending on the settings adopted, the difference in top speed could be more or less important, these settings expressing the chosen compromise. As long as Ferrari had a clear lead on other points, the drag weakness could be compensated for, more or less. There inevitably came a time when the progress of RB or even the track characteristics highlighted the excess drag of the SF75. This excess of drag due to the rear wing manifested itself in two ways: closed drs with more drag than RB but above all opened drs where the difference was enormous. Look at the difference in speeds in the 2 configurations for each car, and you will see how much more RB was able gain speed. Also, and for once it is appreciable to the eye, look at the difference in projected surface between the rear wings drs open, it was edifying. I consider on this point that surprisingly, Ferrari had been bad on the design of the rear wing and I think that they had the same reflection seen how they made a priority of a new range of wings. When you can't get enough distance from an opponent and he catches you half a second in a straight, it's necessarily complicated. Besides Binotto said, I think, they would have needed the new wing in Djedha
    So to understand each other better, maybe we should have talked about rear wing drag instead of top speed
    I understand all this , but what I see o track is that most of the times the key of an overtake is in on the 1st part of a straight. If there the car behind can be close enough he could manage the overtake .
    In Miami all was saying that Max won due to his greater top speed.I disagree. Mostly because the facts I explained in the previous posts and also remember Perez. On a car with the same great top speed as Max ,he couldn't overtake Sainz simply because Sainz didn't have the traction problems of Lec and had good exits on the last corners before the 2 straights . If it was only due to top speed we would overtook him easily but he didn't!!!!
    Top speed is playing a role only when 2 cars are equal in traction zones. Then the car behind can stay close to the front and overtake him with his greater top speed.
    Now I can accept that Red Bull has made gains in slow corners/ traction so that they can use better their top speed. But we counter that with our upgrades in Spain and made our cat more efficient.
    All I want to say is that me personally I don't watch the top speed of our car in a weekend but mostly how is the balance and if we manage to be infront in traction zones before straights.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    To be honest I would be more concerned over engine reliability as opposed to speed. K Mag retired from Monaco with another Ferrari engine issue. Didn't hear what the cause was. Baku will not only test the top speed of the Ferrari but also its reliability with its long main straight. We can't afford another retirement
    Low definition, sorry

Even if we are disappointed by the last races :
    Last edited by Gilles; 5th June 2022 at 11:53.

We are doing well in quali so far (thanks Charles)

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I think I should have talked about rear wing drag(s) from the start, it would have been easier to understand each other and less subject to interpretation

I think I should have talked about rear wing drag(s) from the start, it would have been easier to understand each other and less subject to interpretation

We agree
    that we are in better shape now with the upgrades.
    The team is expecting to be competitive in Baku also !!!
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...baku/10316877/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We agree
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We agree
    No doubt that the SF75 can currently be competitive against the RB everywhere
    We may see the new low profile rear wing, and who knows if it won't surprise us at top speed (it's its purpose after all)
    Nugnes don't talk about it, but nothing surprising, he sucks

In Baku, it's about the compromise between the slow inner section and the very long straight leading to the start finish line.

I have not doubt that Ferrari will do very well in qualifying but in the race, better not get in the Red Bull DRS.

Hopefully the new floor will get Ferrari to unlock some of that high speed with the no porpoising, will see.

No more porpoising will be a major plus for both Ferrari drivers. Charles esp. made it very clear.

Binotto should have a little talk MR Frederic Vasseur from Alfa. Having a B team must have it advantages, no?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Binotto should have a little talk MR Frederic Vasseur from Alfa. Having a B team must have it advantages, no?
    I believe that Vasseur has demonstrated his desire for independence from Ferrari (refusal of a technical rapprochement, recruitment of drivers). So we can’t say of his team that it is a B team, but that being said, yes, they worked very well

I believe that Vasseur has demonstrated his desire for independence from Ferrari (refusal of a technical rapprochement, recruitment of drivers). So we can’t say of his team that it is a B team, but that being said, yes, they worked very well
    I don't understand Ferrari's connection with HAAS though.
    I hope we're utilizing their resources as well. But, we'd never be able to get them to be a B-team like Alpha Tauri.

The situation isn't helped by Mick's performance and Steiner's incompetence.
    I honestly feel HAAS isn't able to utilize its full potential because of these 2 factors.

On the other hand:
    As per recent reports, Mercedes is looking to cut ties with one of its customer teams.
    I think it's either McLaren or Williams.

Binotto on 2022:

“Our objective was to be back competitive in 2022.”

“So our objective is to be competitive, not to win the championship.”

"Being competitive is one fact; becoming world champion is another level of task.”

It would be wrong as management to change the objectives from the ones we gave our team.”

“We are trying to open a cycle — to become world champion, and try to stay there. But it will take time.”

The ambition is there [to be champion]. Each single person working for Ferrari has this ambition.”

“I don't need to remind them. More important is to let them focus on our continuous improvement.”

"We have to focus on each race. We are not looking at the classifications."

not sure if translation is correct or not. But above statements make me worry.

Just airing on the side of caution and not getting to carried away.Meet each target achieve the target and ferrari will take that as a victory.I do not believe that they will enter into a development war with redbull that is what I believe Binotto is alluding to and if ferrari win with the current car and upgrades thats great if not a solid platform moving foward has been established.

Binotto on 2019 engine:

“That's in the past; I prefer not to talk about it any more. However, what we were doing at the time was pushing somehow the line of interpretations.”

“As a matter of fact, it wasn't illegal, or we would have been disqualified.

Binotto on 2020 struggles:

"Due to the engine, we had a significant disadvantage in power that we were not expecting."

"We designed the 2020 car knowing that we had a PU advantage, with a lot of downforce, accepting drag."

"We were left very slow on the straights."

[Due to the development ban], we had no opportunity to improve the car during the season itself."

"It was a difficult season; as a team, we suffered."

"I don't think the fans or people looking at F1 understood it."

Binotto on 2017 and 2018:

“The car was good. We interpreted the new rules well.”

“But in 17, 18, 19, we were not able to develop the car.”

“In 2017, we had reliability issues, our drivers crashing into each other, and we weren’t strong enough in culture or mentality.”

Binotto on Charles Leclerc:

"We knew he had very high potential. In 2019, he proved in his first season to be very strong and talented: his attacking, defending and driving."

"We were confident that he would win world titles and become a strong leader for the team."

We knew he had to improve in terms of maturity, leadership and tyre management, and I think, as the seasons passed, it gave us the confidence he could do that and would become a fantastic driver."

We agree
    As i said, we can't have any confidence in what Nugnes is saying but maybe more in the opposite:
    "According to the Italian daily newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, the update which Ferrari has focused a lot of work on in Maranello (electric components) cannot be approved before the British GP (Silverstone, 1-3 July) and consequently, on Charles Leclerc’s car, as already happened in Monaco, it is very likely that the first MGU-H will also be used in Baku, since the second specification used in Spain is compromised and can no longer be used"
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th June 2022 at 19:38.

As i said, we can't have any confidence in what Nugnes is saying but maybe more in the opposite:
    "According to the Italian daily newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, the update which Ferrari has focused a lot of work on in Maranello (electric components) cannot be approved before the British GP (Silverstone, 1-3 July) and consequently, on Charles Leclerc’s car, as already happened in Monaco, it is very likely that the first MGU-H will also be used in Baku, since the second specification used in Spain is compromised and can no longer be used"
    We will see.
    I also read it from Giuliano Duchessa

#Ferrari | # F1: after using the PU1 in Monaco, the PU2 will return on board Leclerc's F1-75 (subjected to thorough checks after Barcelona which confirmed positive results), equipped with new MGU-H and Turbo

@ formu1a__uno #BakuGP
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto on 2022:

"Being competitive is one fact; becoming world champion is another level of task.”

It would be wrong as management to change the objectives from the ones we gave our team.”

“We are trying to open a cycle — to become world champion, and try to stay there. But it will take time.”

The ambition is there [to be champion]. Each single person working for Ferrari has this ambition.”

“I don't need to remind them. More important is to let them focus on our continuous improvement.”

That's how losers talk. No team principle should ever say crap like that.

If your objective isn't to win the championship, then get the hell out of the sport.

We will see.
    I also read it from Giuliano Duchessa

#Ferrari | # F1: after using the PU1 in Monaco, the PU2 will return on board Leclerc's F1-75 (subjected to thorough checks after Barcelona which confirmed positive results), equipped with new MGU-H and Turbo

@ formu1a__uno #BakuGP
    we have to use the new components, otherwise we'll be sitting ducks on the straight with 7 drs zones.

Binotto on 2022:

I think that's a fair statement that he made. He never said to his team his objective was to win the title, so now holding them up to that metric would certainly not be fair. He wanted to be in the mix, given how far back the team was coming from, that was understandable. I appreciate that he is very methodical!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I believe R Bull & Merc should be thinking and acting on Ferrari being out to win every race. Charles and Carlos definitely need to be out to win , they have the car and the ability as top drivers. Binotto is far too diplomatic .

i think i agree, we have such an opportunity this season, we don't know what developments others will make for next season, or if it will be a more difficult 3 way fight. You can't just squander this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    we have to use the new components, otherwise we'll be sitting ducks on the straight with 7 drs zones.
    They can use the first mgu-h to avoid the penalty that would affect Leclerc at Sylverstone if they introduced the PU3 there (with updated electrical components)
    7 DRS zones?

New mirror mount (to generate vortex)
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th June 2022 at 19:18.

They can use the first mgu-h to avoid the penalty that would affect Leclerc at Sylverstone if they introduced the PU3 there (with updated electrical components)
    7 DRS zones?
    i'm pretty sure he was exaggerating.

Binotto on 2022:

It's unthinkable that Ferrari would not be dedicating everything to win the championship!

Surely he is just saying this to underplay their potential?

Ferrari will fight this year in both champions … this Binnoto was real though