Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 223334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    'could have', 'should have', 'would have'...
    Carlos brought the car home in second place, sorry if you can't accept that.
    I gladly accept that fact, but to prolong it so easily with a chance to win this year is ignoring the circumstances last year that helped him, like his abysmal performance so far this year, like mentioned by tifosi1993, aroutis and myself
    Now it's up to him to pull himself together, but no, the facts don't speak for him
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th May 2022 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I gladly accept that fact, but to prolong it so easily with a chance to win this year ignoring the circumstances last year that helped him, like his abysmal performance so far this year, like mentioned by tifosi1993, aroutis and myself
    Now it's up to him to pull himself together, but no, the facts don't speak for him
    So you give Carlos no chance of winning the race this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    So you give Carlos no chance of winning the race this year?
    No, it's still possible, but if we were talking in statistics, there would be little chance only
    More if the SF75 proves to be superior to the competition, but in theory, Charles is stronger and also, even if sad to say, RB has already put the team orders into practice, so it could soon add another problem to Carlos
    Sorry, I cluttered the thread with this subject Carlos, it would be better to talk about it in
    F1 2022 News / Rumors
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th May 2022 at 10:19.

Carlos is not comfortable with the characteristics of this version of the car. He does not like a car that oversteers, we've seen this happen to other drivers as well. If this is the case, i think it's a bit unfair to be blaming him.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Carlos is not comfortable with the characteristics of this version of the car. He does not like a car that oversteers, we've seen this happen to other drivers as well. If this is the case, i think it's a bit unfair to be blaming him.
    Ok but aren't these new cars supposed to suffer from understeer ?

Ok but aren't these new cars supposed to suffer from understeer ?
    Apparently the Ferrari's characteristics are a pointy front with an oversteering rear, which is how Charles likes it. If that's really the case and it doesn't suit Sainz's driving style, it's not really his fault. The way I see it, it's like asking a striker in football to play goalkeeper in a World Cup qualifying match and then blaming him when he lets in 10 goals, I wouldn't say it's fair to be that hard on him. I'm also a Leclerc fan and it can be frustrating to see Carlos' performance recently, but I can't blame him if he's being asked to drive a style that doesn't suit him.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Apparently the Ferrari's characteristics are a pointy front with an oversteering rear, which is how Charles likes it. If that's really the case and it doesn't suit Sainz's driving style, it's not really his fault. The way I see it, it's like asking a striker in football to play goalkeeper in a World Cup qualifying match and then blaming him when he lets in 10 goals, I wouldn't say it's fair to be that hard on him. I'm also a Leclerc fan and it can be frustrating to see Carlos' performance recently, but I can't blame him if he's being asked to drive a style that doesn't suit him.
    I understand your point but F1 drivers need to adapt to the equipment they are given. Carlos needs to not overdrive the car and stay below the limit of what he can extract from the car. Maybe not the whole season but until they can get a nice cushion
    in the constructor. This car and the people who conceived this car deserve the world constructor championship.

And if they had oversteer on last year's car, it's more understeer this year. Each time they bring more load to the front wing during practices, this was the case in Spain and even more in Monaco. Understeer was the RB's weakness in Fp2. So I think it would be strange if Carlos suffered from oversteer this year. It must be more complex, more something to do with balance, don't you think?
    Last edited by Gilles; 28th May 2022 at 10:25.

After all years of suffrage, we finally have a car.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    After all years of suffrage, we finally have a car.
    E' molto tempo che non ce se vede! E' bello vedere il tuo post!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    E' molto tempo che non ce se vede! E' bello vedere il tuo post!
    Yes but it is possible because we had the driver first

There are not smaller fins now in the entering of the floor, and new cut`s in the middleway of the floor...

Can someone post the races coming up and what upgrades will debut

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Can someone post the races coming up and what upgrades will debut
    Azerbaijan, Canada, Silverstone, Austria, France, Hungary, Belgium.

Updates are schedules for Canada, Silverstone, and Belgium. We don't know the details, but Canada is set to be minor aero upgrades, while Silverstone and Spa will be the major ones.

My guess is Canada will feature something like a very slight geometric change to the RW, while Silverstone will be where the team bring the revised sidepods and probably some more changes around the floor area, because Silverstone is the circuit to introduce those sort of updates.

There's also a new MGU-K unit that will give a slight power boost, as well as a new rear suspension to eliminate porpoising completely, and I'd guess those will debut at Spa, but who knows.

Note: Red Bull and Mercedes will bring their own major updates to Silverstone.

Eliminating porpoising should and probably is a top priority. the drivers went through hell driving .

This video explains why ferrari are the fastest car. We have an innovation Called an E-Diff thats making the car quicker in the corners. Ferrari did say most of the F1-75's innovations are under the skin

https://youtu.be/S8oTqIn5E60

This video explains why ferrari are the fastest car. We have an innovation Called an E-Diff thats making the car quicker in the corners. Ferrari did say most of the F1-75's innovations are under the skin

Great video find! Thank you phsyklone, keep them coming:)

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post

Yet we are not leading any championship.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Main test for the F1-75 going forward is whether it regain that cornering and low speed advantage. It's not so much that Red Bull got a bigger advantage on the straights than they had for the first 3 races, as it a that since Imola, their weight reduction gained them overall time Ferrari struggled until Spain to much.

Baku will be the tell of how the rest of the season might go for Ferrari. Can Ferrari cut the top speed advantage of Red Bull, and/or can they regain that advantage in cornering? How bad will the Red Bull advantage be on the front striaght?

I'm not worried
    For now, the new floor and rear wing(s) allow us to close a lot the top speed gap
    But i think it's not yet time to see everyone final pace, don't forget big updates are coming, maybe at Sylverstone
    Last edited by Gilles; 4th June 2022 at 20:31.

Ι say it before and I say it again. Our problem on Imola and Miami race, was NOT the straight line speed but our problem with the tires that lead us having trouble in traction zones. Ves was able to stuck behind Lec on the exit of the last corner before the main straight!!!!
    IF we could manage the tires well and kept the edge we had on qualy, in traction zones ,there was NO WAY that Ves could overtake Lec with his greater top speed. AND now with Spain upgrades we will have better top speed .If we don't have any troubles with the tires ,I truly believe we can win every race. BUT this(tires) is not an easy task.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ι say it before and I say it again. Our problem on Imola and Miami race, was NOT the straight line speed but our problem with the tires that lead us having trouble in traction zones. Ves was able to stuck behind Lec on the exit of the last corner before the main straight!!!!
    IF we could manage the tires well and kept the edge we had on qualy, in traction zones ,there was NO WAY that Ves could overtake Lec with his greater top speed. AND now with Spain upgrades we will have better top speed .If we don't have any troubles with the tires ,I truly believe we can win every race. BUT this(tires) is not an easy task.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

To be honest I would be more concerned over engine reliability as opposed to speed. K Mag retired from Monaco with another Ferrari engine issue. Didn't hear what the cause was. Baku will not only test the top speed of the Ferrari but also its reliability with its long main straight. We can't afford another retirement
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    You can say it one more time, but I think instead you better try to figure out why we were eating tires
    Yes, and even if you don't want to see it, top speed was an issue, and Ferrari knew it so well they worked on it as a priority
    Now, if this fact escapes you, I'm not surprised you weren't looking for the cause of poor tire management.
    To enlighten you, if you want, it seems that for Imola, the cause was adjustments made for a wet track, when it turned out to be dry
    For Miami, Ferrari has hardened its suspensions heavily to contain the porpoising, occasionally losing its qualities in terms of traction
    Now, the porpoising should lead Ferrari less to compromise its settings thanks to the new floor introduced in Spain
    And the gain in Vmax, in particular with opened DRS, will reduce an original weakness of the car and should also make it possible to have fewer compromises in the settings to be made to reduce what was at times an abysmal deficit
    But of coutse, nothing prevents you from not wanting to hear anything and from repeating yourself in capital letters, because it's not the first time and yet events had contradicted you
    (Note that i anderstand capital letters to express something like an angry tone)
    Last edited by Gilles; 4th June 2022 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    To be honest I would be more concerned over engine reliability as opposed to speed. K Mag retired from Monaco with another Ferrari engine issue. Didn't hear what the cause was. Baku will not only test the top speed of the Ferrari but also its reliability with its long main straight. We can't afford another retirement
    Top speed was a problem but i agree with you, we are not confortable on the reliability side

You can say it one more time, but I think instead you better try to figure out why we were eating tires
    Yes, and even if you don't want to see it, top speed was an issue, and Ferrari knew it so well they worked on it as a priority
    Now, if this fact escapes you, I'm not surprised you weren't looking for the cause of poor tire management.
    To enlighten you, if you want, it seems that for Imola, the cause was adjustments made for a wet track, when it turned out to be dry
    For Miami, Ferrari has hardened its suspensions heavily to contain the porpoising, occasionally losing its qualities in terms of traction
    Now, the porpoising should lead Ferrari less to compromise its settings thanks to the new floor introduced in Spain
    And the gain in Vmax, in particular with opened DRS, will reduce an original weakness of the car and should also make it possible to have fewer compromises in the settings to be made to reduce what was at times an abysmal deficit
    But of coutse, nothing prevents you from not wanting to hear anything and from repeating yourself in capital letters, because it's not the first time and yet events had contradicted you
    (Note that i anderstand capital letters to express something like an angry tone)
    Well 1st Imola and then Miami, the team admitted that they caught up by surprise with how bad was our tire management. And also Lec himself said that it was a bad surprise that in the race we suddenly suffered in traction zones.It was there where Max managed to stay on Lec diffuser o the exit on the last corner and managed to overtake him easily. Lec couldn't do that even with the soft tires in the end because Max always managed to open a gap of around 0,8 in the start of the straights and Lec was catching him with top speed / drs but was too late. The same was in Saudi Arabia. Max managed to overtake him only because of the mistake of Lec keeping the delta time under the VSC and only then he managed to stay on the drs and eventually overtake him.But since we didn't have any particular tire problem ,Lec was also capable to stay o Max drs and he probably would overtake him back if he had 1,2 more laps That's how I see it. If we can manage the tires well and have the edge on medium/ slow corners, traction zones (because of our cars characteristics) then RedBull can't overtake us simply because we can always pull away in the start of the straights and only in the end they can start catching up with their superior top end speed
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well 1st Imola and then Miami, the team admitted that they caught up by surprise with how bad was our tire management. And also Lec himself said that it was a bad surprise that in the race we suddenly suffered in traction zones.It was there where Max managed to stay on Lec diffuser o the exit on the last corner and managed to overtake him easily. Lec couldn't do that even with the soft tires in the end because Max always managed to open a gap of around 0,8 in the start of the straights and Lec was catching him with top speed / drs but was too late. The same was in Saudi Arabia. Max managed to overtake him only because of the mistake of Lec keeping the delta time under the VSC and only then he managed to stay on the drs and eventually overtake him.But since we didn't have any particular tire problem ,Lec was also capable to stay o Max drs and he probably would overtake him back if he had 1,2 more laps That's how I see it. If we can manage the tires well and have the edge on medium/ slow corners, traction zones (because of our cars characteristics) then RedBull can't overtake us simply because we can always pull away in the start of the straights and only in the end they can start catching up with their superior top end speed
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And to say 1 more thing way I don't look too much on top speed by itself.
    I remember I think back on 2011 Monza gp (if I'm not mistaken) where in Qualy Vet /RedBull had a more charged wings and we/Alo and Button/ McLaren had the usual Monza style low dnf wings. Vet took pole but everybody where saying that ok in just 1 lap maybe it was OK to run on higher dnf but in the race Alo or Button will eat him alive with their superior top speed (they had something like 15+ kph ) . And quess what??!!! Vet managed to open up a gap in every single corner so much that the others could even come close in the straights .
    So for me it's always more about good balance and better dnf witch will lead in better tire management and then its top speed.
    NOW if a team can manage to have it all then when the stood against another team that have only the 1st 2 characteristics, then yes we can say that they wo due to their superior top speed.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And to say 1 more thing way I don't look too much on top speed by itself.
    I remember I think back on 2011 Monza gp (if I'm not mistaken) where in Qualy Vet /RedBull had a more charged wings and we/Alo and Button/ McLaren had the usual Monza style low dnf wings. Vet took pole but everybody where saying that ok in just 1 lap maybe it was OK to run on higher dnf but in the race Alo or Button will eat him alive with their superior top speed (they had something like 15+ kph ) . And quess what??!!! Vet managed to open up a gap in every single corner so much that the others could even come close in the straights .
    So for me it's always more about good balance and better dnf witch will lead in better tire management and then its top speed.
    NOW if a team can manage to have it all then when the stood against another team that have only the 1st 2 characteristics, then yes we can say that they wo due to their superior top speed.
    Top speed was a consequence but more specifically the cause was drag. Depending on the settings adopted, the difference in top speed could be more or less important, these settings expressing the chosen compromise. As long as Ferrari had a clear lead on other points, the drag weakness could be compensated for, more or less. There inevitably came a time when the progress of RB or even the track characteristics highlighted the excess drag of the SF75. This excess of drag due to the rear wing manifested itself in two ways: closed drs with more drag than RB but above all opened drs where the difference was enormous. Look at the difference in speeds in the 2 configurations for each car, and you will see how much more RB was able gain speed. Also, and for once it is appreciable to the eye, look at the difference in projected surface between the rear wings drs open, it was edifying. I consider on this point that surprisingly, Ferrari had been bad on the design of the rear wing and I think that they had the same reflection seen how they made a priority of a new range of wings. When you can't get enough distance from an opponent and he catches you half a second in a straight, it's necessarily complicated. Besides Binotto said, I think, they would have needed the new wing in Djedha
    So to understand each other better, maybe we should have talked about rear wing drag instead of top speed
    Last edited by Gilles; 5th June 2022 at 07:40.