Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535465 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hopefully the new floor works better and Sainz stops binning it!
    Carlos is a bit too tense. He'd do well to focus on putting in his best performance instead of hunting glory--that will come necessarily. I don't think I put that well but I hope you know what I mean.

I believe Carlos will now be up there with Charles doing great . His main concern was getting that 2 yr. contract and was trying too hard. He felt Ferrari was gong to get Mick in his seat ASAP ; even if Mick scored zero points in two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hopefully the new floor works better and Sainz stops binning it!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe Carlos will now be up there with Charles doing great . His main concern was getting that 2 yr. contract and was trying too hard. He felt Ferrari was gong to get Mick in his seat ASAP ; even if Mick scored zero points in two seasons.
    Funny he binned it after 'signing' his 2 year contract -

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    Funny he binned it after 'signing' his 2 year contract -
    It goes to show you how hard he's trying to get Ferrari back to#1 . Points are all that count!!

A little summary from the #AMuS episode after Imola:
    • In Melbourne, Ferrari had the advantage that they still had since the beginning of the season.
    With the Imola upgrade + weight reduction of the RB18, Schmidt believes that Red Bull has a slight advantage now.
    • Binotto told Schmidt that Ferrari also need to fix the issue with the bouncing. Binotto said that every change before completely understanding the issue (even though it doesn’t cost Ferrari too much lap time) could go in the wrong direction.
    • Ferrari won’t bring anything big to Miami [upgrade wise]. Binotto told him that they want to get on top of the bouncing issue and improve the car for the medium/low downforce level there.
    But maybe that will be the step to get ahead again.
    One thing that Schmidt mentioned is that the Imola upgrade was already the second aero upgrade from Red Bull, while Ferrari is basically still racing with their base car. So Ferrari still have something more up their sleeves at some point.
    • Miami GP:
    The new asphalt could bring surprises.
    There are two long straights which is good for Red Bull and their top speed.
    Binotto told Schmidt that Ferrari will bring a new medium downforce package (wings).
    That's my view also.
    Even if RedBull IS truly ahead now they're certainly around 1/ 1,5 tenths the worst and this with all their updated till now. And I believe that we have things coming for almost all year (or if we end up quite ahead after summer).
    That's how I "read" Binottos statements from the presentation toll now. And the budget cup will eventually hit RedBull and then we will have the ball in our hands!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 26th April 2022 at 17:17.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I would love to support our team in Miami but always get bummed when I'm there-BASTA! had to live there for almost 6 unpleasant years straight:(
    I've also made a personal promise to never go back to LV unless I have to, so I'll be rooting for our team from home as usual though Montreal isn't out of the quuestion. And Texas? well it's Texas so no.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That's my view also.
    Even if RedBull IS truly ahead now they're certainly around 1/ 1,5 tenths the worst and this with all their updated till now. And I believe that we have things coming for almost all year (or if we end up quite ahead after summer).
    That's how I "read" Binottos statements from the presentation toll now. And the budget cup will eventually hit RedBull and then we will have the ball in our hands!!!
    I get two things from MB’s statement:

1. As we had some cushion with points on both championships, he might have pushed updates to Barcelona as a complete package. Rather than bringing each part at every race.

2. Judging by his comments, ferrari didn’t figured out porpoising issue yet. Also this issue is a worry at high speed circuits in terms of both lap time + driver’s comfort ability

I wonder how they managed to reduce the drag on the rear wing, knowing that the huge spoon shape in relation to our particular air intake concept is poorly suited for a low drag result when the drs is open

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I get two things from MB’s statement:

1. As we had some cushion with points on both championships, he might have pushed updates to Barcelona as a complete package. Rather than bringing each part at every race.

2. Judging by his comments, ferrari didn’t figured out porpoising issue yet. Also this issue is a worry at high speed circuits in terms of both lap time + driver’s comfort ability
    The porpoising thing might give us trouble now,but when we correcr it (I'm sure they will find a way ) it will give us a performance boost (some say about 2 tenths) that Red Bull can't have it because they don't have a problem there. And ion the opposite site, Red Bull could have a greater gains from the weight loss since they are heavier (but some "experts " and even themselves say thay weight loss cost more money because they will have to use special expensive materials)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

In Miami they say that apart from the special rear wi5for thos event ,and probably some corrections to the bottom for the reduction of porpoising, our 2 drivers will have the full power of PU No2 in their disposal, since the durability test circle on the bench have concluded with positive results.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

In Miami they say that apart from the special rear wi5for thos event ,and probably some corrections to the bottom for the reduction of porpoising, our 2 drivers will have the full power of PU No2 in their disposal, since the durability test circle on the bench have concluded with positive results.
    This is absolutely huge for Ferrari, they will gain around 15hp of peak power (based on previous rumors by insiders) AND additional average power (5hp?) due to the ERS (which cannot increase the peak power per the rules).

Considering 0.2s/lap for every 10hp, around 0.4s/lap.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The porpoising thing might give us trouble now,but when we correcr it (I'm sure they will find a way ) it will give us a performance boost (some say about 2 tenths) that Red Bull can't have it because they don't have a problem there. And ion the opposite site, Red Bull could have a greater gains from the weight loss since they are heavier (but some "experts " and even themselves say thay weight loss cost more money because they will have to use special expensive materials)
    I also watched a youtube video that commented on how high the price tag of these updates for Red Bull were.

Since this is the first year of the cost cap we don't know how this will shake out, but one has to wonder how long Red Bull can keep up the pace of bringing updates.

Are they bringing anything other than track modifications to Miami?

All teams have to watch the budget cap,it is being monitored by the FIA.Mercedes have no choice but to spend big and fast because of there pridicament with no guarantees you can actually blow your capped funding and still have issues,that's what makes this interesting .With a long season the budget will bite.Ferrari are cashed up and have only just started spending, red bull have spent more to date 100%.Adrian newey,believes that the cost cap will play a major part as to who wins.One thing that's sure is that ferrari had a great car that launched the season,so I don't see major spending issues arising,all teams will have various spending levels some will need to spend spend spend just to be a mid field contender, as I say expect the unexpected.

my fear around the budget cap, is the discussions happening around it, I can see that these restrictions will be relaxed and that might hurt us, as we are behind on spend, and if more becomes available, rb and others will gain more than us....

#Formula1a: Alfa Romeo easily solved porpoising because the C42 is not very sensitive to changes in ground clearance. The fund has many concepts seen on the RedBull. They then focused on streamlining the upper part of the bonnet, like Ferrari

new ERS Ferrari, which will certainly have an updated MGU-K, will be brought to the track "as late as possible". There is no hurry, considering that in winter efforts focused more on the evolution of the thermal
    Last edited by nani_s23; 29th April 2022 at 15:52.

Sainz seems to have burnt out an engine during the Pirelli test at Imola
    Last edited by Gilles; 29th April 2022 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is absolutely huge for Ferrari, they will gain around 15hp of peak power (based on previous rumors by insiders) AND additional average power (5hp?) due to the ERS (which cannot increase the peak power per the rules).

Considering 0.2s/lap for every 10hp, around 0.4s/lap.
    Copy paste from Franco Nugnes ?
    As usual, I don't trust this guy who talks nonsense.
    What would be the point of not developing this more until the September freeze?
    To regret it until 2026?
    And is there a rule that prohibits adding electrical power to the maximum endothermic power?
    Really not convinced at all

I trust Duchessa a lot more and he brings back Binotto's words "as late as possible" on ERS update
    Also, the PU 2 was given to bring 15hp more than on the PU1, but 5hp would have already been added in Australia, leaving a possible gain of 10hp to be made
    Nugnes has always been a troll

Duchessa said the new PU gives 40 hp more than the previous one, nice job, in line with our expectations
    If I'm curious to see what our new rear wing looks like in Miami (how do we increase the efficiency of our drs with such a main plane spoon shape?), I'm even more curious to see the real big update in Barcelona. I'm sure even RB is a little scared. Of course, it all depends on how well we can control the bouncing
    Whith the new rear suspension coming only later, maybe we will still have some bouncing, even with this update
    Last edited by Gilles; 30th April 2022 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRbsm7jX...pg&name=medium
    I saw that too, and I hope it doesn't mean that our reliability is being compromised with the engine upgrade, that's all we need with RB breathing down our necks.

They say that this PU could be the old one from the winter tests
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well that's not so bad then, I've seen similar comments elsewhere so hope it's true and not the upgraded engine.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I saw that too, and I hope it doesn't mean that our reliability is being compromised with the engine upgrade, that's all we need with RB breathing down our necks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well that's not so bad then, I've seen similar comments elsewhere so hope it's true and not the upgraded engine.
    On the day this happened, a source specified it was'nt PU related. I have'nt seen anything since that day to specify what caused Sainz's to park his car during testing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I trust Duchessa a lot more and he brings back Binotto's words "as late as possible" on ERS update
    Also, the PU 2 was given to bring 15hp more than on the PU1, but 5hp would have already been added in Australia, leaving a possible gain of 10hp to be made
    Nugnes has always been a troll
    A 15HP increase means 0.24 seconds gain. But I don't think it scales linearly and there are other factors at play. Still, it's a substantial gain.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    A 15HP increase means 0.24 seconds gain. But I don't think it scales linearly and there are other factors at play. Still, it's a substantial gain.
    Ok but if numbers are correct, it''s more a 10hp gain since Melbourne. I also read somewhere than Leclerc' PU was a bit detuned in Imola, to avoid reliability pb. Hard to know the truth with all these rumors. As the PU2 is said to be reinforced, i expect it to be reliable this time, in maximum output use

Ferrari have decided to unleash more power in Miami the engine has passed all relative testing ,they have been holding power back,with a revised rear wing and the down force corrected for the bouncing,throw in a warm Miami day and the rocket will fly.I expect the ferrari to stick to the track like glue.Red bull will have there hands full,and I expect they are anticipating a very strong and competitive ferrari,baring any issues Iam tipping a ferrari victory at this venue.

I hope Charles and Carlos remember everything they said in their interviews. They know what not to do next race. Their cars are on the money.

A new floor will not come at the next race in Miami either, because Ferrari is instead planning a new, circuit-specific downforce configuration.

Binotto: "We will not have the main one [upgrade] in Miami but still we have a few new parts on the car."
    Ferrari has started the season with essentially the same hybrid system it introduced in the second half of 2021.
    But an update is expected this year prior to the homologation date, with some speculation it could be introduced as part of a switch to a fresh PU in Miami or Spain."

Another suggestion is that Ferrari will increase the power output, even more, when it switches to the second engine, which Sainz has already done and Leclerc will do soon."

Binotto has denied that Ferrari’s power output has changed although engine manufacturers usually find gains the more they run and optimise their designs, so perhaps there is a middle ground between the speculation and the official line."