Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515263 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

. @GiulyDuchessa reports some Ferrari news:

• Ferrari is still going through the reliability data [so far the data is positive]. Only if the data in Imola is also good, Ferrari will introduce PU2 between Miami / Barcelona. The power increase with PU2 is set to be around 10hp.

According to @formu1a__uno the reliability of the Ferrari engine is good so far, and if Imola also provides similar data, the PU2 with reliability upgrades on the lower parts of the ICE will be introduced between Miami and Barcelona. It will bring significantly more power

Very cool I think , 3D Model F1-75 !

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ferr...c6efb7470bffc4

Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    According to @formu1a__uno the reliability of the Ferrari engine is good so far, and if Imola also provides similar data, the PU2 with reliability upgrades on the lower parts of the ICE will be introduced between Miami and Barcelona. It will bring significantly more power
    Follow ups:

* New rear suspension (will come at the 2nd half of this season)
    * New Floor (In Imola, probably)
    * New Diffuser (Will be tested in Imola)
    * New rear wing
    * 15 HP increase (Melbourne increase + additional 10 HP)

Ferrari just seem so on top of everything. Merc and RB seem so chaotic and erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Follow ups:

* New rear suspension (will come at the 2nd half of this season)
    * New Floor (In Imola, probably)
    * New Diffuser (Will be tested in Imola)
    * New rear wing
    * 15 HP increase (Melbourne increase + additional 10 HP)
    Interesting that they found something to change in the rear suspension. It already works very well (traction and tire management). A kinematic change to fight against porpoising is possible,
    so as not to alter the effect of the ventury channels. I wonder if the rear wing change is related to decrease drag when DRS is open, in the way of RB
    Last edited by Gilles; 15th April 2022 at 13:31.

Toto Wolff told Sky F1: "I think we've seen a massive jump from Ferrari from last year to this one. [Ferrari went] from probably 10kw down to 10kw up, and that is something we have never achieved in the past. But, if that happened, all credit to them." #F1
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Toto Wolff told Sky F1: "I think we've seen a massive jump from Ferrari from last year to this one. [Ferrari went] from probably 10kw down to 10kw up, and that is something we have never achieved in the past. But, if that happened, all credit to them." #F1
    He wants me to lend him a wrench to check the legality of the engine?

He also told one of the race directors, Niels Wittich, not to "mess with" Lewis Hamilton regarding a 2005 F1 rule regarding piercing and jewelry while in the car.

This guy (Toto) is really something else.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    He’s setting up the stage for a protest or to threaten to leave the sport if they’re not allowed to spend as much as they want.

Nice to hear Horner kicking up a real fuss,about many things unfair advantage to ferrari they started earlier we deserve more money and future concessions,just to name a few all in the space of 48 hrs,boy talk about a whinging pom,seems like horner is feeling some heat already and we are only 3 races in to the season,no quick fix for redbull and he knows it.

F1 is unfortunately a playground for cheaters and liars (Briatore, Dennis, Wolf, Horner, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Just a thought, is there a rule governing the amount wind tunnel time / CFD time dedicated to a particular project that is overseen by the FIA? Just thinking out loud though, but if this trend continues and Ferrari continues to have an advantage througout the year, is there anything stopping them from using whatever is left from this years budget to start working on the 2022 project so that they can keep their advantage going into next year or does the FIA govern what you spend time working on related to your budget? If that's not governed, it's great news for Ferrari who can finish higher than last year but still have the benefit of more wind tunnel testing dedicated to next years project!

Just wanted to clarify what I'm saying, I understand the windtunnel time is governed by the position from last year, what I mean is, is there something stopping Ferrari from using part of its 2022 budget (if there's anything left) to next year's project?
    A beginning of answer :
    "At the same time, the Maranello team already aims to save some hours in the wind tunnel, hours which can already be dedicated to the 2023 Formula 1 car."
    https://scuderiafans.com/how-ferrari...ckage-in-2022/

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    He’s setting up the stage for a protest or to threaten to leave the sport if they’re not allowed to spend as much as they want.
    He can do that all he wants, but it won't change the situation for him. Mercedes like their F1 promotion, and they'll be fine to show Toto the door, which would do us all a favor.

Toto thought Mercedes would lock in an advantage with the engine freeze rules, but it actually back fired on him and Red Bull/Honda. Ferrari focused on the switch to E10 as an opportunity to jump the competition, just as a freeze set in, and did so quietly so nothing could be done to stop them while in development.

Binotto should hold Mercedes and Red Bull (who I'm also a fan of) to the deal that was agreed to. It's not Ferrari's problem they didn't focus on the E10 switch. Be as inflexible as Mercedes have been.

I'm quite certain the budget cap will rise faster than inflation but not to spending levels pre-covid. That being said, with the Fiat money financing Alfa and Haas being based in Maranello we have two B-teams that can help us out with windtunnel time. Red Bull merely have one and Mercedes barely have any since their relations with Williams and Aston Martin are a bit lukewarm. Especially since Williams declined de Vries and Aston tried to outbid them for half of their engineers. Then also McLaren are solely a customer. Alpine go about it alone in a half-serious effort since Renault detached their brand name from the project to 'maintain long-term stability'. I get the sense that the Renault board are happy to get advertising for Alpine and any success is merely an unexpected bonus. Their lack of customer teams is testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post

Forza Ferrari !
    Nice!! Thanks for that! Sitting here waiting for Unreal Engine 5 to download, I wonder if I can import this file into it lol??
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

A beginning of answer :
    "At the same time, the Maranello team already aims to save some hours in the wind tunnel, hours which can already be dedicated to the 2023 Formula 1 car."
    https://scuderiafans.com/how-ferrari...ckage-in-2022/
    Oh that's fantastic news then, that means we fans might be in for a nice run

Precisely the same thoughts I have

!

I wouldn't trust Wolff one bit. "Oh, gosh! Look how fast the Ferrari is - WE've never managed THAT big an increase in power.. [whistles innocently..]." Hope the Mercs have a dreadful season!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nice!! Thanks for that! Sitting here waiting for Unreal Engine 5 to download, I wonder if I can import this file into it lol??
    You are very welcome Tony !
    Also 3D's from this years Red Bull , Torro Rosso and Merc on the same site.
    Good to get a direct compare between the different designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post

Forza Ferrari !
    WOW!! Great link and thanks so much for posting!

Crap it looks like 50/50 chance of rain in Imola. A real test for this car and leclerc. I just hate that it might be a a mix of dry/wet, gives midfielders a chance at a lucky win.

[QUOTE=SFTifoso I just hate that it might be a a mix of dry/wet, gives midfielders a chance at a lucky win.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Russell!! No win but a podium finish!

Follow ups from Duchessa: https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...6khG5sICQ&s=19

* Miami: PU-2 (80% confirmed)
    * Spain: Upgraded Coke Bottle area, first visible aero upgrade of F1-75
    * New floor will be introduced after data collection
    * New rear suspension, which is under development since February, will arrive at the 2nd half.

Crap it looks like 50/50 chance of rain in Imola. A real test for this car and leclerc. I just hate that it might be a a mix of dry/wet, gives midfielders a chance at a lucky win.
    That's typical Italian spring weather, actually the wettest part of the year. Having said that, the way this car is cornering I don't think a bit of rain will do it any harm. Sure, it's risky with the gravel traps and potential aquaplanning but besides that I rate Charles as a rain driver and the rotation and traction of this car. It's not the 2019 monster truck anymore. Also for next weekend's satellites it seems like a strong possibility that most of the rain will miss the southern reaches of the plain where Imola is. The epicentre looks to be in Veneto rather than Emilia-Romagna.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    That's typical Italian spring weather, actually the wettest part of the year. Having said that, the way this car is cornering I don't think a bit of rain will do it any harm. Sure, it's risky with the gravel traps and potential aquaplanning but besides that I rate Charles as a rain driver and the rotation and traction of this car. It's not the 2019 monster truck anymore. Also for next weekend's satellites it seems like a strong possibility that most of the rain will miss the southern reaches of the plain where Imola is. The epicentre looks to be in Veneto rather than Emilia-Romagna.
    Could be another Spa2021???

Here's the current weather forcast for Imola so far (subject to change):

Thursday: 80% chance of rain

Friday: 90%

Saturday: 70%

Sunday: 70%
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Saturday and Sunday look dry depending on what forecast you believe.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Saturday and Sunday look dry depending on what forecast you believe.....
    I just hope it’s either 100% dry or 100% wet, none of this wet/dry stuff, and then Verstappen takes a chance on early dry/wet tires and gets a lucky win. Or worse Hamilton and we have to hear how he’s the rainmaster by sky smh

We've had the best car in the first three races and I'm optimistic it'll still be ahead of others even in the wet
    although it would be useful to have some experience and learn from non-ideal conditions so that we can STAY ahead no
    matter what conditioins crop up.
    When is the next sprint qualifying race after Imola - those are what are worrisome to me?