Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474859 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Schumi View Post
    We don t know yet my friend.Lets say iitin different words...Ferrari wasn t capable of upgrading the car enough past years.We don t know yet about this year.Red Bull s evolution was tremendous...they gained surely some tenths from Barcelona Test to Bahrain..but they spend surely money of their budget...so lets hope when Ferrari bring am update it will be an update that is working.
    There is no going back if bring an update that is not working.
    OK , so it's not that we have evolution issues, but that you worry that we might have.
    How about we just concentrate in the present instead of living in the past then ? :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We don t know yet my friend.Lets say iitin different words...Ferrari wasn t capable of upgrading the car enough past years.We don t know yet about this year.Red Bull s evolution was tremendous...they gained surely some tenths from Barcelona Test to Bahrain..but they spend surely money of their budget...so lets hope when Ferrari bring am update it will be an update that is working.
    There is no going back if bring an update that is not working.
    We know that we have now modern and accurate simulation tools
    We already know that the car has done on track what the tools were predicting
    Then, this is now a different story from past years and as this tools are the ones we are using to upgrade the car, be sure we will have working updates this time

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    How about we start have faith to the team and let them do their thing ?
    I know that in years past they dropped the ball; then again they dropped the ball big time in years before the Jean Todt/Michael years , so quite honestly, I don't care to think about the past.

To me, this is a new era, the team works like a new team prepared for this, the management is doing their best to deflect pressure from the team (finally) and the drivers so far are doing what they're supposed to be doing which is work in tandem as a team and getting maximum points.

So , let's puth faith to the team (I am not saying we don't but let's stop worrying bout the days past).
    I have been a tifoso for long enough and I have always kept my faith otherwise I wouldn't be here! I don't want to have to worry that we may drop the ball every year but I need to be prepare myself just in case. At the moment I have great faith!

The new ferrari wind tunnel has made a world of difference the old one cost ferrari dearly,with correlations differing greatly between wind tunnel data and track data.Now fully equipped I expect ferrari to be at the pointy end of f1 for quite some time,in addition a change in how ferrari operates and the complete methodology of the organisation being overhauled by binotto makes the new ferrari a formidable indeed,current results speak volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The new ferrari wind tunnel has made a world of difference the old one cost ferrari dearly,with correlations differing greatly between wind tunnel data and track data.Now fully equipped I expect ferrari to be at the pointy end of f1 for quite some time,in addition a change in how ferrari operates and the complete methodology of the organisation being overhauled by binotto makes the new ferrari a formidable indeed,current results speak volumes.
    Yes, positive thinking is the way forward and so far so good, so I'll do my best to remain optimistic as well as being realistic, but you are quite right regarding Binotto's overhaul of the team and its mentality. I'm glad we have him after all the doubts of the past few years.

F1-75 is overweight by 10KG, Red Bull and Mercedes are both 15KG over the minimum weight, according to AMUS.

We still haven't fixed the bouncing effect completely, plus the engine isn't at it's maximum, Ferrari will gradually increase the power. There're plenty more lap times to unlock from the base design itself. And then there are upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    F1-75 is overweight by 10KG, Red Bull and Mercedes are both 15KG over the minimum weight, according to AMUS.

We still haven't fixed the bouncing effect completely, plus the engine isn't at it's maximum, Ferrari will gradually increase the power. There're plenty more lap times to unlock from the base design itself. And then there are upgrades.
    Red Bull is already planning reduce the weight...so Ferrari very soon will be the only overweight.But that doesn t mean anything the perfect time is a combination of a lot of things...

Red Bull is already planning reduce the weight...so Ferrari very soon will be the only overweight.But that doesn t mean anything the perfect time is a combination of a lot of things...
    So others are trying to lose weight while Ferrari is trying to remain overweight, is that what you're saying? That's a pretty vague assumption to make.

I read somewhere that Red Bull will do it.If you give me a source that Ferrari will do the same then we agree.
    More important to me is balance than total weight.If it was the weight then Williams could make the lightest car and take the championship.Is not that simple.
    I said it doesn't mean anything.

I read somewhere that Red Bull will do it.If you give me a source that Ferrari will do the same then we agree.
    More important to me is balance than total weight.If it was the weight then Williams could make the lightest car and take the championship.Is not that simple.
    Weight is the enemy in racing. A team can tune the balance, but the weight is weight, and physics are physics. 10 kg is significant. If a team could get that down to 780 kg and have 18 kg of ballast to move exactly where they want it, they would give a measurable advantage.

Again, I don't get your reasoning. For racing cars, weight is a big factor. Being overweight means giving away free lap times. Everyone on the grid will try to get closer to the minimum weight limit.
    Ferrari is keeping quite about their upgrade plans. Red Bull or Marko likes to run their mouth to the media. Just cause Ferrari is keeping quite doesn't mean they don't have any upgrades in schedule.

I think we should remain calm and trust the team. They know what they're doing.

I fully agree with what SS454 and Tifosi1993 say. Their judgment is always very useful here. Not to mention the possibility of improving the balance with ballast, 10Kg less is 3/4 tenths of gain, in other words, it's a lot in F1

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I have been a tifoso for long enough and I have always kept my faith otherwise I wouldn't be here! I don't want to have to worry that we may drop the ball every year but I need to be prepare myself just in case. At the moment I have great faith!
    My suggestion was not for you, specifically; just a suggestion for everyone, even for me :)
    Hopefully I hope you didn't take it personally.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It's the tunnel, it's the complete overhaul of the way the team works, it's the fact they've been left to work on their own devices without the pressure - at least for now ,we'll see for later, that makes all the difference.

And again ... you come so negative.
    Who told you that we're gonna be the only (ONLY?!) overweight team?
    Who told you that we're not working towards solving this ?
    Who told you that even we reduce the weight but we stay overweight, when (not if) we solve the porpoising issue and unlock more of the power in the engine, this will make zero difference ?
    .. and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Weight is the enemy in racing. A team can tune the balance, but the weight is weight, and physics are physics. 10 kg is significant. If a team could get that down to 780 kg and have 18 kg of ballast to move exactly where they want it, they would give a measurable advantage.
    Again, I don't get your reasoning. For racing cars, weight is a big factor. Being overweight means giving away free lap times. Everyone on the grid will try to get closer to the minimum weight limit.
    Ferrari is keeping quite about their upgrade plans. Red Bull or Marko likes to run their mouth to the media. Just cause Ferrari is keeping quite doesn't mean they don't have any upgrades in schedule.

I think we should remain calm and trust the team. They know what they're doing.
    I could not agree more.

I could not agree more.
    Yup our team has always been about keeping your head down and going to work. I have a feeling we’re gonna slowly pull away from everyone, as the season progresses. Let them run their mouth; the empty can rattles the most.

My suggestion was not for you, specifically; just a suggestion for everyone, even for me :)
    Hopefully I hope you didn't take it personally.
    Of course I didn't take it personally, we tifosi are used to having our dreams shattered and we will have to learn to be trusting that the 'new' Ferrari ethos currently being displayed will endure!

Aero upgrades in Imola, full engine power in Miami. Imola upgrades should solve the porpoising issue, which will unlock more performance. Ferrari's goal is to increase aero efficiency, meaning more downforce and less drag.

Ferrari's goal is to increase aero efficiency, meaning more downforce and less drag.
    This is sort of an oxymoron is'nt it??? How can you have more downforce (which the car was already draggy at Jeddah meaning it already had a somewhat higher downforce then.....so more downforce than Jeddah???) and less drag????

I could understand less downforce = less drag as opposed to more downforce = more drag and higher degradation.

Typo maybe????

These are the rumors I'm seeing.

• In Imola, Ferrari is planning to introduce some lightweight parts (to reduce the weight of the F1-75 by 3kg) & we will see the first upgrades aimed at the aerodynamic efficiency of the car.

• In Maranello they are also working to reduce the drag (to be able to match the top speed of the RB18)

• Motorsport Italy says that Ferrari will introduce a new updated floor in Barcelona, which is supposed to reduce the porpoising significantly.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...fondo/9629227/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is sort of an oxymoron is'nt it??? How can you have more downforce (which the car was already draggy at Jeddah meaning it already had a somewhat higher downforce then.....so more downforce than Jeddah???) and less drag????

I could understand less downforce = less drag as opposed to more downforce = more drag and higher degradation.

Typo maybe????

• In Imola, Ferrari is planning to introduce some lightweight parts (to reduce the weight of the F1-75 by 3kg) & we will see the first upgrades aimed at the aerodynamic efficiency of the car.

• In Maranello they are also working to reduce the drag (to be able to match the top speed of the RB18)

• Motorsport Italy says that Ferrari will introduce a new updated floor in Barcelona, which is supposed to reduce the porpoising significantly.

How can it be oxymoron? First of all, let's say, what do you understand by more efficient engine? If engine X is more efficient than engine Y, in a simpler term, it means that engine X is producing more power than Y while both consuming the same amount of fuel. Or, engine X can output equal power while consuming less fuel than engine Y.

Same with aero. The downforce and aero is at ratio of 1:1. So again in simpler term, it means more downforce = more drag. So increasing the aero efficiency means, more downforce = but less drag. The F1-75 produces good downforce but produces healthy amount of drag as well. But with upgrades, Ferrari will reduce the drag while increasing the overall downforce, making it more aero efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Typo maybe????

Realistically that is the goal of every car designer.. to increase downforce while reducing drag. Tifosi1993 is correct. there are ways of making downforce that are more efficient than others. Most efficient way to get downforce is through ground effects.. increase the efficiency of your floor and you can reduce the downforce needed from your wings therefore reducing drag.

I am 100% convinced that Ferrari want to be absolutely sure that upgrades will work the moment the bolt them on the car.
    They have a very simple floor, even simpler underbody venturi tunnels.

But their body is well studied (or at least it looks lie it is). So, I reckon they want to have all the data in their hands prior to any decision. I believe that the will decide right after Australia and then proceed to the upgades. That's why they will go to Barcelona for the floor.

I read about a 3kg weight gain and aero efficiency work to be done at Imola, a new floor to reduce porposing at Barcelona and a power boost with the second PU only after the Miami race. It seems like a development plan well in line with the situation, as they already have a winning car, a budget cap to respect, a top speed disavantage, 21 races to go and a few points advance. They could also bring reworked aerodynamic parts here and there to quietly evaluate with method certain directions of development without blowing up costs. Maybe RB can take advantage by updating their car faster, but we have to remember that it can't be final and not worry too much and too soon (I think to those who can't be patient)
    Last edited by Gilles; 6th April 2022 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I read about a 3kg weight gain and aero efficiency work to be done at Imola, a new floor to reduce porposing at Barcelona and a power boost with the second PU only after the Miami race. It seems like a development plan well in line with the situation, as they already have a winning car, a budget cap to respect, a top speed disavantage, 21 races to go and a few points advance. They could also bring reworked aerodynamic parts here and there to quietly evaluate with method certain directions of development without blowing up costs. Maybe RB can take advantage by updating their car faster, but we have to remember that it can't be final and not worry too much and too soon (I think to those who can't be patient)
    3kg weight gain huh?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I read somewhere that the FIA has declared that the goal of reaching engine parity has now been accomplished. I wonder if this means Ferrari will be very careful in turning up the wick on their engine to avoid suspicion should they now have the fastest engine?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    3kg weight gain huh?
    I think he meant weight reduction? I read about a 3kg weight reduction earlier today.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-a...o-della-f1-75/

New floor and FW in Australia for validation purpose. If it works from the get go, they will keep it. Should improve aero efficiency and eliminate the porpoising effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think he meant weight reduction? I read about a 3kg weight reduction earlier today.
    Exactly. A 3kg weigh reduction, for 1 tenth gain or a very little more
    Going step by step, saving weigh isn't an easy thing and could be very costly