Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by neojinx View Post
    Shouldn't Ferrari Polorise the camera so that competitors do not see the driver's dash data.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zCDmLatoL.html
    Thanks, great analysis in that link.

Quote Originally Posted by neojinx View Post
    Shouldn't Ferrari Polorise the camera so that competitors do not see the driver's dash data.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zCDmLatoL.html
    This article says that Ferrari is not using a split-turbo, others are saying they are. So much confusion, but this is a good thing, given how Ferrari's business seemed to be everybody's business over the years!

I also wasn't aware the gear ratios were set at the beginning of the year with only 1 change permitted throughout the year. That's really harsh frankly given how the needs change from race to race.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This article says that Ferrari is not using a split-turbo, others are saying they are. So much confusion, but this is a good thing, given how Ferrari's business seemed to be everybody's business over the years!

I also wasn't aware the gear ratios were set at the beginning of the year with only 1 change permitted throughout the year. That's really harsh frankly given how the needs change from race to race.
    Yea, it's like that for many years now (since 8 speed gearboxes were introduced) but I always thought it was one of the stupidest rules ever.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I wasn't aware of the fixed gear ratio rule! That's so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yea, it's like that for many years now (since 8 speed gearboxes were introduced) but I always thought it was one of the stupidest rules ever.
    Just goes to show how much I've been following F1 since the Merc domination lol, the 8 speed transmission was introduced in the mid 2010's I think?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Just goes to show how much I've been following F1 since the Merc domination lol, the 8 speed transmission was introduced in the mid 2010's I think?
    I believe it came with the V6 turbos in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-il-f...e-di-sviluppo/

So we do have a new diffuser for the Bahrain GP.

First major upgrade will be introduced at Australia.
    Grazie!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Great information guys. I really appreciate it. These threads contribute to the greatness of the TSN community.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Great information guys. I really appreciate it. These threads contribute to the greatness of the TSN community.
    This is coming back alive for a community! Apart from 2018 , it was full of pain for us to watch and keep hoping for the best.

Brilliant pics!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I think I like the red better in sunlight than I do in night time flood lights.

man those wheels are fugly.....are they even aluminum or steel??
    they look like my winter steel wheels

Scarbs says Ferrari Engine indeed Split turbo.

F1, F1-75: Ferrari uses smaller rear brake disc in bid to reduce car weight
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-f1-75-fe...ce-car-weight/

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Scarbs says Ferrari Engine indeed Split turbo.
    all these are speculations....unless Ferrari comes out and says they have a split turbo.....then all these are rumors

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    man those wheels are fugly.....are they even aluminum or steel??
    they look like my winter steel wheels
    They are supposed to be plastic covers based on what I gathered from all the reports. But I agree... I would expect something better than that from F1.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    all these are speculations....unless Ferrari comes out and says they have a split turbo.....then all these are rumors
    You're right, but my feeling is, for reasons i gave before, that we should have a splitted one, not like Mercedes but with the feed air scroll located in the engine's V
    But nobody today can produce a picture or an official statement saying that, so i still using conditional formulation

Here is what He thinks

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Thank you, I didn't see the engine shot and the Scarb's drawing when I wrote my previous post, i apologize
    Netherless, if you look at the shot, unlike this drawing, you can see a gap between the elbow pipes and the air box. To me that means the compressor could be further back than where shown on the Scarb drawing
    Also, in his drawing, i can't see where the airbox feeds the compressor. On the mercedes engines feeding was on the front, it seems to not be the case here. As on a split turbo there is a shaft on the back of the compressor, this said, there is no more room to locate an axial pipe. Strange
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th March 2022 at 22:09.

F1 | Ferrari: a smaller disk was chosen in the rear

Every opportunity is good to reduce the weight of the F1 cars: Ferrari uses a rear disc that does not reach the maximum diameter of the regulation because the system developed with Brembo for the F1-75 allows the use of a solution that also allows a minimum saving in the mass

The external diameter of the disc went from 278 mm to a maximum of 328 mm for the front axle, with a maximum thickness that remained 32 mm, while in the rear it went from 266 mm to 280 mm, with an increase in thickness which has grown from 28 to 32 mm.

The Cavallino technicians used the larger carbon discs in the front, while in the rear they managed to balance a good braking using a smaller disc that ensures maximum braking efficiency, saving some weight.

Motorsport italia

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Thank you, I didn't see the engine shot and the Scarb's drawing when I wrote my previous post, i apologize
    Netherless, if you look at the shot, unlike this drawing, you can see a gap between the elbow pipes and the air box. To me that means the compressor could be further back than where shown on the Scarb drawing
    Also, in his drawing, i can't see where the airbox feeds the compressor. On the mercedes engines feeding was on the front, it seems to not be the case here. As on a split turbo there is a shaft on the back of the compressor, this said, there is no more room to locate an axial pipe. Strange
    Here's a better view of the MercedesAMGF1 PU(link provided). The blue portion is the compressor, the red portion is the exhaust, the red broken line is the shaft and right smack-dab-in-the-middle is the MGU-H(highlighted in light green)

All this resides between the banks of the V configuration. I'm sure Ferrari has "copied" this design with regards to the split turbo.

Make sense???

https://hackaday.com/wp-content/uplo...splitturbo.png
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Split Turbo is a packaging option. It allows better packaging over conventional setup. Splitting turbo doesn't equate more power.

The real magic is happening in the actual combustion. Binotto said that Ferrari is using a completely different and innovative combustion technology in this year's engine. Now, what exactly is innovative about this combustion technology, we will probably never know. But it's clearly working as intended and giving us a substantial edge over the other engine manufacturers.

The other great split packaging option is the 1,2, on the podium between Charles and Carlos hopefully every race!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Here's a better view of the MercedesAMGF1 PU(link provided). The blue portion is the compressor, the red portion is the exhaust, the red broken line is the shaft and right smack-dab-in-the-middle is the MGU-H(highlighted in light green)

All this resides between the banks of the V configuration. I'm sure Ferrari has "copied" this design with regards to the split turbo.

Make sense???

https://hackaday.com/wp-content/uplo...splitturbo.png
    On this Mercedes concept, the compressor isn't in the V but in the front of the engine. Also, (isn't shown), the air box feed the compressor by a vertical pipe also at the front. If you look at the Ferrari ICE shot, the air box feed pipe isn't at the front of the engine but seems to be somewhere in the v, between banks (seems because i'm maybe wrong). This leads me to think that if the spleeted turbo is used by Ferrari, the compressor could be located in another place than in front of the engine. If under the V, i wonder how they managed to get the right diameter (screw solution?). Binotto statements were they have shortened the engine, with innovative architecture, it's another reason to think they have achieved something different from the Mercedes' know one architecture
    Last edited by Gilles; 26th March 2022 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Split Turbo is a packaging option. It allows better packaging over conventional setup. Splitting turbo doesn't equate more power.

The real magic is happening in the actual combustion. Binotto said that Ferrari is using a completely different and innovative combustion technology in this year's engine. Now, what exactly is innovative about this combustion technology, we will probably never know. But it's clearly working as intended and giving us a substantial edge over the other engine manufacturers.
    Keeping the supercharger independent of the turbo helps to prevent the heat from lowering the air density in the power feeding system, providing a little more power.
    What is expected from the new combustion technology is rather a better combustion allowed by a better propagation of the flame in the combustion chambers, thanks to work on a pre-combustion system which completes or replaces the classic spark ignition. That would be why it's called superfast, because the spread would be faster and more efficient (Binotto says turbulence). I think all manufacturers are playing in this area (Ferrari is working on it since 2015), but maybe Ferrari have found something special, or is ahead on a particular solution

https://www.f1technical.net/news/20316
    Last edited by Gilles; 25th March 2022 at 11:29.

Finally!

Hello so wow very happy to see the red cars ware they belong.so if not mistaken rb brought a huge update to the car at last week of testing and ferrari is still pretty much the same car.with more power to come and I believe I've read that updates start coming to the car starting a in Australia.can some confirm if I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Hello so wow very happy to see the red cars ware they belong.so if not mistaken rb brought a huge update to the car at last week of testing and ferrari is still pretty much the same car.with more power to come and I believe I've read that updates start coming to the car starting a in Australia.can some confirm if I'm right
    I don’t know I think some upgrades coming to Australia bigger to Italy.