Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Timpolidori View Post
    I’ve read this morning that Haas have already tested the exact same merc zero side pod design in the tunnel over a year ago and decided to go in a different direction. This would surely suggest that we were aware of the concept and didn't find any benefit. This could explain the unstable nature of the merc, fingers crossed…
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-t...depod-concept/
    As Binotto mentioned, the most important element this year is the floor. I think we're putting a lot of attention on the sidepods, but that doesn't seem to be all that important this year. Let's see what happens this weekend :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    What can I say, pessimism triggers me ;)
    Some medecine :
    “No, I would not sign for the second position” said Mattia Binotto, in a rather decisive tone, as he went into more detail: “Our ambition is to be able to compete, we want to be able to fight at every race and therefore at the start I don’t want to settle for a second place. However, I don’t presume to say that it wouldn’t be a satisfying result, but I do have the ambition to go into the race to win.” – the Ferrari boss concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Okay guys, I did a little research on the SPLIT-TURBO debate on the Ferrari F1-75 some of us had on page 27 and page 28 of this thread and found some interesting things going forward.

First and foremost, the head guy at Maranello for the whole PU department is Enrico Gualtieri and his right hand man whom takes credit for the design of the "Superfast" PU is Wolff Zimmerman (German technician). Apparently, the 2022 does have the split-turbo design thereby coping the Mercedes/Honda split turbo.

So this article was 9 months ago: https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-dec...nd-effect-car/

here are excerpts from the article regarding the split-turbo:

The new Ferrari engine adopts the architecture of the supercharging system that will see the separation of turbine and compressor, taking up the concept introduced by Mercedes and then adopted by Honda.

The… copying is aimed at introducing the compressor inside the intake box to give a very low and compact 6-cylinder in favor of more extreme aerodynamics. The name “Superfast” would be justified by a combustion chamber capable of an explosion phase with very fast ignition times.

So the video that was posted in Italian and the member who translated the video was correct. I find it interesting that some of the articles like AMus, Motorsport(Italian), or Autosport have not published "Ferrari's Split-Turbo" design.

I guess Ferrari wanted to keep it low-key.....maybe???
    Thanks for digging into that.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Thanks for digging into that.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Okay guys, I did a little research on the SPLIT-TURBO debate on the Ferrari F1-75 some of us had on page 27 and page 28 of this thread and found some interesting things going forward.

First and foremost, the head guy at Maranello for the whole PU department is Enrico Gualtieri and his right hand man whom takes credit for the design of the "Superfast" PU is Wolff Zimmerman (German technician). Apparently, the 2022 does have the split-turbo design thereby coping the Mercedes/Honda split turbo.

So this article was 9 months ago: https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-dec...nd-effect-car/

here are excerpts from the article regarding the split-turbo:

The new Ferrari engine adopts the architecture of the supercharging system that will see the separation of turbine and compressor, taking up the concept introduced by Mercedes and then adopted by Honda.

The… copying is aimed at introducing the compressor inside the intake box to give a very low and compact 6-cylinder in favor of more extreme aerodynamics. The name “Superfast” would be justified by a combustion chamber capable of an explosion phase with very fast ignition times.

So the video that was posted in Italian and the member who translated the video was correct. I find it interesting that some of the articles like AMus, Motorsport(Italian), or Autosport have not published "Ferrari's Split-Turbo" design.

I guess Ferrari wanted to keep it low-key.....maybe???
    ISometimes here I feel like I'm talking into the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Nah. I saw your post and agreed with you. jgonzalesm6 wasn't sure and took it upon himself to dig into it and confirm they do have a split turbo. I don't think that could have gone any better. You posted info, someone was unsure if it was true, or disagreed with you. So that person found evidence and then posted his findings, which confirmed your information was true.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Nah. I saw your post and agreed with you. jgonzalesm6 wasn't sure and took it upon himself to dig into it and confirm they do have a split turbo. I don't think that could have gone any better. You posted info, someone was unsure if it was true, or disagreed with you. So that person found evidence and then posted his findings, which confirmed your information was true.
    I knew this article, and others (I try to have sources and put them in perspective before speaking), and today as before I still do not know if we have a split turbo. we don't have the proof, I remain cautious, even if I think it's very possible (which I was explaining). I explained why I thought this and made reasonable assumptions to justify it, such as to justify the difficulty of being certain (which is also repeated, although summarized, in the last sentence).
    After being silent, I just wanted to say that it was a little unpleasant anyway
    In the end, I don't blame jgonzalesm6, it's not important and I like him.
    I don't think Ferrari will dominate, at least not right away, but I've always known that if Ferrari were to be the winning team again, the tone of the forum would avoid me less. I would no longer feel useful
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th March 2022 at 21:29.

I knew this article, and others (I try to have sources and put them in perspective before speaking), and today as before I still do not know if we have a split turbo. we don't have the proof, I remain cautious, even if I think it's very possible (which I was explaining). I explained why I thought this and made reasonable assumptions to justify it, such as to justify the difficulty of being certain (which is also repeated, although summarized, in the last sentence).
    After being silent, I just wanted to say that it was a little unpleasant anyway
    In the end, I don't blame jgonzalesm6, it's not important and I like him.
    I don't think Ferrari will dominate, at least not right away, but I've always known that if Ferrari were to be the winning team again, the tone of the forum would avoid me less. I would no longer feel useful
    I can't find anything definitive around the split turbo. All I have are quotes from various outlets, some say we have split turbo, others say we stick with what we know as it provides greater gains than split turbo. Honestly it's all a bit irrelevant if we have the best engine.

You're a good poster mate, providing some good insight and we all want the same thing, hopefully we get it this year

Some medecine :
    “No, I would not sign for the second position” said Mattia Binotto, in a rather decisive tone, as he went into more detail: “Our ambition is to be able to compete, we want to be able to fight at every race and therefore at the start I don’t want to settle for a second place. However, I don’t presume to say that it wouldn’t be a satisfying result, but I do have the ambition to go into the race to win.” – the Ferrari boss concluded.
    Tomorrow Binotto will say Ferrari has no shot except for 3rd. He referred to Ferari as "Outsiders!" for 2022.
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th March 2022 at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Tomorrow Binotto will say Ferrari has no shot except for 3rd. He referred to Ferari as "Outsiders!" for 2022.
    Toto says every year before the first race that Mercs are backmarkers. Binotto playing the same game probably.

Edit: Not the new diffuser.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 17th March 2022 at 19:29.

No clearer picture of testing diffusor ? I mean it is too grainy to judge

I would swear that the above would be test diffuser, and the below the new one.
    I remember in Barcelona test there was a picture of Ferrari, Merc and Redbull diffuser . And they were saying how ours and Mercs was a square one though Redbulls was a more round one.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hahahaha don't worry bud, I feel like that too sometimes, especially when talking to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Blank
    Last edited by Tony; 17th March 2022 at 15:38.

With regards to the first 2 pics, can anyone tell who's car belongs to who??

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Here's the testing diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hahahaha don't worry bud, I feel like that too sometimes, especially when talking to my wife
    Last edited by Tifoso; 17th March 2022 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Possible, you know, that was only for the joke
    I kwow where we are coming from, no matter where we exatly stand, i feel the job is done.
    Zero presure level for myself, quiet as a stone
    Now, go Charles! Have fun kid
    Last edited by Gilles; 17th March 2022 at 21:20.

Ferrari: No big upgrade packages were expected on the F1-75 - at least not to the extent of those already brought to testing in Bahrain by Mercedes and Red Bull.
    The Ferrari technicians had already worked on the floor area, with two different specifications debuted during the tests in Bahrain. In anticipation of the first race on the Sakhir circuit, in Maranello, it was decided to revise the diffuser as well.The change makes it possible to work with the height that the engineers deem appropriate after collecting data on the track last week - in order to obtain more downforce to be exploited in the fast corners.If it works, then it will no longer or less need to compromise performance in slow corners where, basically, the F1-75 is at an excellent level.
    The real conundrum of these new cars is how to get to adapt by preventing understeer.

From Funo
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I have the feeling that once again, google translate has somewhere mixed everything up to nonsense. Or that's the journalist understading, i don't know, but it's all but clear
    Last edited by Gilles; 17th March 2022 at 21:55.

With regards to the first 2 pics, can anyone tell who's car belongs to who??
    The white line wheel fairing is Leclerc's car.

The neon yellow line wheel fairing is Sainz's car.

That middle pic is brilliant.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ferrari: modified floor shows two lines of development

No major packages of updates were expected on the F1-75, at least not to the extent of those already brought to testing in Bahrain by Mercedes and Red Bull. However, at Maranello they have decided to make a modification to the diffuser area, with an intervention aimed at increasing the aerodynamic load.

The management of porpoising (or aerodynamic rebound) is affecting all the teams in the race, some more, some less. Added to this problem are the unknowns deriving from cars that are - and will still be - to be discovered.

As we have explained on several occasions, the solution to the shaking due to the "suction" effect of the bottom requires basically two things from the engineers: raising the car and/or stiffening the rear part of the floor with appropriate tie rods. This makes the floor flex less, that is, it resists better to the lowering - due to the variation of aerodynamic load - at high speed.

It is not, in short, an ideal situation: in general, the level of performance (not only of the big 3), already in Qualifying, will show who has reacted better and faster.

Ferrari's technicians had already intervened on the bottom area, with two different specifications debuted during the Bahrain tests. In anticipation of the first race on the Sakhir circuit, at Maranello it was decided to revise the diffuser as well.

The modification allows the technicians to work with the height that they consider most appropriate after collecting data on the track last week - in order to obtain more downforce to exploit in fast corners. If it works, then there will be no need, or less need, to sacrifice performance in slow corners where, fundamentally, the F1-75 is at a very good level.

The real conundrum for these new cars is how to adapt and prevent understeer.

The technicians of David Sanchez's team are ready to work on a constant aerodynamic development: for this reason we will see a prevalence of minimal upgrades, but which will arrive more frequently. Solutions will tend to converge between teams, and Ferrari will be "elastic" in this respect, taking, where appropriate, cues from others - as we have seen with the MCL36's edge, and to some extent the current modification to the diffuser.

The other schedule of updates, that of medium-term macro-development goes ahead using a different lane, so we will see the first aesthetic changes from Melbourne.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-il-f...e-di-sviluppo/

So we do have a new diffuser for the Bahrain GP.

First major upgrade will be introduced at Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-il-f...e-di-sviluppo/

So we do have a new diffuser for the Bahrain GP.

First major upgrade will be introduced at Australia.
    Ok, this time it's fine, Thanks.I was surprised because people is very good on this site. The main problem seems to be that the first report was splitted

Team installing aero rakes to the end of car.

Which means we really have diffusor Update.

#AMus reports that Red Bull wanted to reduce the weight of the RB18 by 7-10kg but only managed half of that. The F1-75 is said to be also over the minimum weight, but not as much as Red Bull / Mercedes, so Ferrari has a slight advantage here.

I see everyone happy to know that Ferrari plans to increase the power of its ice by unlocking its potential through a so-called "reliability evolution".
    It was already implied in Binotto's words, and above all, remember, it is what Honda and especially Mercedes did last year, with significant progress.
    From there, it was obvious that this was going to be done for these new engines as well, starting from the most advanced base possible, requiring further development to be fully usable. It's a "legal" way to get around the freeze in the first year.
    So, maybe this gain will not be the same for everyone, but everyone has necessarily already planned to play this card, it just makes sense.
    I'm just waiting to see how much each can gain.
    Nevertheless, I see an opportunity for Ferrari, as the complex ignition that has long been rumoured to them, could bring a lot of extra power. And if the others have not opted for this technology themselves, or if they are late to it, nothing says that their areas of improvement, or ability to progress in the ignition one if they already develop it, can bring as much gain. (because it might take a lot of development to work : maybe it was sandbagging, but it was reported early on (Binotto), that Ferrari had trouble getting it to work, and decided to to give up)
    Last edited by Gilles; 23rd March 2022 at 09:27.

Shouldn't Ferrari Polorise the camera so that competitors do not see the driver's dash data.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zCDmLatoL.html