Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    And how would it not be generally perceived that the split turbo would a key to this success? To be honest, I think that was part of it as well. It is necessary, in addition to split the turbo, to reach the level of what Mercedes has developed during all these years. Honda broke a hundred engines to develop its 2021 PU, which, among other things, may have allowed them to catch up on this technology (with the help of Honda airplanes department).
    As for the opinion of "journalists" (I mean the bad ones), I remember all those people (not the well informed one) who explained to me that Ferrari's return to the top, in 90 or 91, was due to the arrival of Prost , with tv saying the same. Since this time, i use to follow races without the sound
    So, if the Ferrari PU show a huge progress this year (wich is very possible), and if SF show a top pace, why would it be different, knowing it would be directly following the change ?
    Also mate, i know my english is far from perfect, i'm sorry, it might not transcribe well what i'm trying to say
    First off, your english is quite well and very understandable to include your punctuation.

My belief is Ferrari is still following its fundamental layout with regards to the ICE and turbo components since 2014. When you have 2 engine manufacturers following a 3rd engine manufacturer who has developed the split-turbo layout of this turbo-hybrid formula since 2007, it would make sense to "do as the Romans do" that yield results.

The formula is currently in an engine freeze till 2026. IF Ferrari doesn't get the performance right in 2022, we've got 4 years of Mercedes and RedBull fighting it out. I expect Renault to catch up in 2 to 3 years time.

You know the definition of insanity??? Doing the same thing over and over and over again with very little gains in performance as it relates to F1.

I haven't seen a current Ferrari production car turbos layout but my guess would be that the turbo's are layed out next to the banks of the cylinders alongside the exhaust manifolds....which is typical and has been followed for decades.

Mercedes and BMW with regards to production cars currently, have their turbo's inside the valley of both banks of cylinders running along the axis of the engine....a more tighter package when compared to the older typical layout of where the turbos are situated.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    I'm italian. The video states:
    -split turbo, also gained -4cm in lenght
    -new floor in Bahrain
    -new front sospension more rigid and higher front-end
    -no other updates. Rbr and Mb will both bring b spec car

Kind regards
    Thanks for the translation.......I have yet to see credible articles that would coincide with said video that was posted.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Thanks for the translation.......I have yet to see credible articles that would coincide with said video that was posted.
    I think it will be difficult to distinguish which article is credible. Since the turbo isn't so often well seen in the garage, it might take some time to find out the truth. I remember back in 2014 when Mrcedes used a thermal camera to film the Ferrari engine from the second floor, above their garage, to locate their turbo setup...
    But who knows

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    First off, your english is quite well and very understandable to include your punctuation.

My belief is Ferrari is still following its fundamental layout with regards to the ICE and turbo components since 2014. When you have 2 engine manufacturers following a 3rd engine manufacturer who has developed the split-turbo layout of this turbo-hybrid formula since 2007, it would make sense to "do as the Romans do" that yield results.

The formula is currently in an engine freeze till 2026. IF Ferrari doesn't get the performance right in 2022, we've got 4 years of Mercedes and RedBull fighting it out. I expect Renault to catch up in 2 to 3 years time.

You know the definition of insanity??? Doing the same thing over and over and over again with very little gains in performance as it relates to F1.

I haven't seen a current Ferrari production car turbos layout but my guess would be that the turbo's are layed out next to the banks of the cylinders alongside the exhaust manifolds....which is typical and has been followed for decades.

Mercedes and BMW with regards to production cars currently, have their turbo's inside the valley of both banks of cylinders running along the axis of the engine....a more tighter package when compared to the older typical layout of where the turbos are situated.
    Since I haven't followed road car technology for years, you teach me the layout used by Mercedes and Bmw, thanks!
    Then, I better understand your cautious point of view.
    So I went to see what Ferrari is doing (296GTB) :
    "This new V6 has been designed and engineered from a clean sheet by Ferrari's engineers specifically for this installation and is the first Ferrari to feature the turbos installed inside the vee"
    Conclusion: you were right
    I don't know if this is on par with the german manufacturers' layout, but even with the previous architecture, their engines are quoted as the best ones and for this new one, i would say : better late than never
    Last edited by Gilles; 6th March 2022 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I haven't posted here in a while, so welcome back everyone :)

So far so good in this pre-season, but I don't want to get carried away and think we can genuinely fight for the championship. I remember 2019 too well. Nonetheless, at worst it's gonna be a repeat of 2021, not 2020.
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    I'm italian. The video states:
    -split turbo, also gained -4cm in lenght
    -new floor in Bahrain
    -new front sospension more rigid and higher front-end
    -no other updates. Rbr and Mb will both bring b spec car

Kind regards
    Grazie fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Alright lads!!!

We almost there!! Can’t wait until Bahrain test!!!

I think it will be difficult to distinguish which article is credible. Since the turbo isn't so often well seen in the garage, it might take some time to find out the truth. I remember back in 2014 when Mrcedes used a thermal camera to film the Ferrari engine from the second floor, above their garage, to locate their turbo setup...
    But who knows
    Wait, what? Isn't that industrial espionage, where did you hear that?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/1...nfrared-camera
    i think it comes from this story
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. So I can't prove that I didn't reverse the stories. In my memory, it was early 2014, during pre-season testing. The "spy" story by Ferrari was later, in November. It could have done less media impact, as Mercedes proved to be more skilful than Ferrari in complaining and making the buzz. Nevertheless, these are "common" things at this level, as this other article explains :https://www.f1technical.net/news/19842

Finally and to be totaly honest, I could also be wrong, my memory is that of a tifosi, it may lack objectivity, but I doubt it
    Last edited by Gilles; 7th March 2022 at 21:05.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. So I can't prove that I didn't reverse the stories. In my memory, it was early 2014, during pre-season testing. The "spy" story by Ferrari was later, in November. It could have done less media impact, as Mercedes proved to be more skilful than Ferrari in complaining and making the buzz. Nevertheless, these are "common" things at this level, as this other article explains :https://www.f1technical.net/news/19842

Finally and to be totaly honest, I could also be wrong, my memory is that of a tifosi, it may lack objectivity, but I doubt it
    Ok, it seems from the other article that it was Ferrari that was caught trying to take pictures from the 2nd floor and not Mercedes.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ok, it seems from the other article that it was Ferrari that was caught trying to take pictures from the 2nd floor and not Mercedes.
    True, but because Mercedes used a direct and effective way to put it in the media. As the article says, this is a trivial action between the teams, so it's likely that Mercedes did it too. This is the art of communication

Corriere Della Sera on the W13 upgrades for Bahrain Tests: "The car should be almost without sidepods, thanks to a revolutionary but efficient arrangement of the radiators in the highest area of the bodywork. This has produced impressive simulator performances." "The gains are already 'legendary', worth much more than 1s per lap."
    If these rumours are true the W13 could be as dominant as some of it's predecessors, but the FIA is uncertain about the legality of some cars: the new W13, and the new RB18 as well, will have to be checked

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Corriere Della Sera on the W13 upgrades for Bahrain Tests: "The car should be almost without sidepods, thanks to a revolutionary but efficient arrangement of the radiators in the highest area of the bodywork. This has produced impressive simulator performances." "The gains are already 'legendary', worth much more than 1s per lap."
    If these rumours are true the W13 could be as dominant as some of it's predecessors, but the FIA is uncertain about the legality of some cars: the new W13, and the new RB18 as well, will have to be checked
    too

like i said 2 weeks ago and if this is true above we do not have the right people inplace.and its been like this since shumys time at ferrari.best have something this week or we are playing for 3rd.better pray that engine is as good as they say.

too
    I’ll believe it when I see it....1s a lap faster.....please
    They have a dog of a car and they know it....they know the Red car is the car to beat

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I’ll believe it when I see it....1s a lap faster.....please
    They have a dog of a car and they know it....they know the Red car is the car to beat
    What I don't understand is how can the car be without sidepods

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    What I don't understand is how can the car be without sidepods
    Just incredible small. Something like size 0 rear end of 2015 McLAREN !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    like i said 2 weeks ago and if this is true above we do not have the right people inplace.and its been like this since shumys time at ferrari.best have something this week or we are playing for 3rd.better pray that engine is as good as they say.
    we'll see, I still think it's too late to have that kind of statement

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Just incredible small. Something like size 0 rear end of 2015 McLAREN !!!
    Again, how does this complete redesign over the last few weeks (if true) fall within the budget cap?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Again, how does this complete redesign over the last few weeks (if true) fall within the budget cap?
    It can have been on the way since much longer, with last minute use to hide it as much as possible
    For the budget cap, it's might be late to go over, nevertheless it is quite difficult to verify it seriously, because many things could be done outside the factory, by suppliers, other group entities, etc
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th March 2022 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Attachment 7980
    Something like this. Though I can't see any air intakes in this drawing and can't this can be cool efficient
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The rules state the every car has to pass side impact and have a side crash structure so there has to be some side pod there to house that.hope red bull and mer have this to some degree wrong or it's going to be a long year.ferrari seem to think u need a strong out wash to get that invisible skirt to seal the floor.no way the bulls and mercy are sealing the floor as good as ferrari.they got to be praying to all the Flo going to the beam wing and the venturi underneath to work as good as possible.lets hope they got this wrong

To me Williams have the smallest side pod out there by alot

Talking about the car.................is the name Kaspersky still on it? And if so, why?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Talking about the car.................is the name Kaspersky still on it? And if so, why?
    You mean our car ??? I think they sign an extention of the partnership in December
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You mean our car ??? I think they sign an extention of the partnership in December
    Yes, our car. And why the question? Kaspersky Labs is a Russian company, that's why. There even is an old connection between Yevgeny Kaspersky and the KGB.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Yes, our car. And why the question? Kaspersky Labs is a Russian company, that's why. There even is an old connection between Yevgeny Kaspersky and the KGB.
    I'm happy to live in such a wonderful world

I'm not worried about the Mercedes update. Nothing they do can beat our car. Their new car can be 1s a lap faster then their current car but we don't know how much lap time their current car is compared to ours. I don't think we have an average car that Mercedes can just beat with ease this season. THIS IS FERRARI we have the skills to make a fast car

Attachment 7980
    Something like this. Though I can't see any air intakes in this drawing and can't this can be cool efficient
    According to the rules, do the cars not need to have actual working side-pods?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    According to the rules, do the cars not need to have actual working side-pods?
    I think that the sidepods are the consequence of the need to house certain components (exhaust pipes, radiators mainly) and perhaps the ventury channels under the floor before the floors as we know today. No idea if they are mandatory, i see no reason but maybe the rules (really not sure)