Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Why does C*h*u*c*k get deleted? Truly baffling!
    Duck
    Muck
    Luck
    Puck
    Ruck
    Suck
    Buck
    Testing, testing!
    Because the moderators and/or Greig wants you to refer him by his legal name which is Charles. I know I know, that is a nickname that some of us would like to use but it is what it is.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Why does C*h*u*c*k get deleted? Truly baffling!
    No politics, please.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 28th February 2022 at 17:49.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Even he seems to start changing his mind
    From Gary Anderson
    Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Quite a few 'experts' are changing their tune about Ferrari
    They are not able to predict anything different than an established situation continuation, with arguments, of course!
    Not even sure that they are sponsored to say this nonsense, they touch money just by our clicks. In the winter, I prefer to Boycott them!
    Last edited by Gilles; 28th February 2022 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Why is it every year mer and rb show up with a totally new car for the second test and we don't.starting to think we have not the most advanced and confident aero people and shop in maranello.its travesty.we best show up next week with something new and different or we r play for 3rd again this year
    Stop being so insecure.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Because the moderators and/or Greig wants you to refer him by his legal name which is Charles. I know I know, that is a nickname that some of us would like to use but it is what it is.
    Oh! I see. Meh..
    Trying to be less angry..

Charles has three other names which are Marc, Herve and Perceval, so ***** really does sound a bit trashy in comparison!

More pointless discussion. Now lets get back on topic and admire the F1-75.

Few more:

A pretty stunning piece if kit, except the wheels which are horrible. Hope it goes as well as it looks. Oh, and white numbers please, to make them more visible!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Charles has three other names which are Marc, Herve and Perceval, so ***** really does sound a bit trashy in comparison!
    But 'banning' a harmless and affectionate nickname? Pfft.
    Trying to be less angry..

Helmut Marco said Ferrari either competitive as RB&Merc or just behind of them (0.2 sec)

Also said he thinks Ferrari’s engine is superior than others.

Since 2014 Helmut’s statements were ******** usually. Hope He is right at this time.

F1 | Ferrari F1-75: three or four tenths behind Mercedes and Red Bull?

While Mercedes and Red Bull in Bahrain will debut very strong evolutions of their cars, Ferrari will only discover the true potential of the F1-75 which has shown great potential. The red has significantly reduced the gap from the top teams and Sakhir will have some modifications to reduce the phenomenon of hopping and take advantage of the power of the 066/7 engine.

Mar 2, 2022, 10:54 am
    Ferrari completed the assessments after the Barcelona tests where the F1-75 made its track debut in direct comparison with rivals. The red brought to Spain will not be very different from the one we will see next week in Sakhir for the second collective session that will precede the Bahrain GP from 10 to 12 March.
    While Mercedes, and apparently Red Bull too, will show off deeply revised single-seaters, the Scuderia will work on the development of the F1-75 that performed well in Montmelō.
    In particular, Brackley's team seems ready to bring a particularly different W13 to the rear, repeating a strategy that had already given great results in 2019, when only one week later they managed to field two totally different W10s (the first approved at the end of November, while the second brought all the innovations resulting from the development work).
    Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc have expressed positive opinions on the three days in Barcelona showing an interesting potential of F1-75, although the Maranello team has never looked for performance, as indeed the most famous rivals, aiming at the correlation of the data between the track. , wind tunnel and simulator.
    And by weighing the numbers available it would have emerged that the red car edited by Enrico Cardile and David Sanchez would be the car that has grown the most in comparison with the values ​​expressed last year.
    Even if none of the Cavallino staff wants to find out with performance evaluations on what has been understood in Spain, there is a bit of optimism in the Gestione Sportiva because the difference from the top would be estimated at three or four tenths. A value that should allow the red to fight for the top every time the conditions are created, placing the Scuderia in the top three.
    Mattia Binotto, team principal of the Cavallino, is perfectly aware of the greater potential that Mercedes and Red Bull will be able to express in Bahrain, but is equally aware that the F1-75 will be able to raise its performance threshold after having demonstrated good system reliability. .
    Speaking about the development of the red, the Reggiano puts his hands forward: “It will not be very different from what you have seen. I think the first step for us will be to optimize what we have available. We are still a long way from the best performance, not only because we rode with a lot of fuel, but also because we didn't push the engine and more generally because there is still a lot to exploit from the car itself ”.
    While Mercedes and Red Bull will debut deeply remodeled cars, Ferrari at Sakhir will have some modifications to the fund to further limit the effect of the hopping due to porpoising…
    “Of course we are always worried about the updates of our competitors. And I'm pretty sure they will be very, very strong, but we are satisfied with the work done ... ”.
    IF that's the case, for me THEY HAVE FAILED!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    IF that's the case, for me THEY HAVE FAILED!!!!
    if we are indeed 3-4 tenths behind i agree. is a bit big of a margin to overcome and turn things around within a single season.

the positive part is that they confirmed that the car was running using low engine modes and lots of fuel so there is much more performance to come so they may downplay it a bit. On the other hand noone knows what fuel loads and how much the others pushed their engines.

Aero wise i dont really care much because it can be developed throughout the year. And the others will also experience problems. They key is the engine which is the subject of the freeze. if we screwed that we will most probably have another 4 years of misery.

comes Bahrain Q3 we will all know!!

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    if we are indeed 3-4 tenths behind i agree. is a bit big of a margin to overcome and turn things around within a single season.

the positive part is that they confirmed that the car was running using low engine modes and lots of fuel so there is much more performance to come so they may downplay it a bit. On the other hand noone knows what fuel loads and how much the others pushed their engines.

Aero wise i dont really care much because it can be developed throughout the year. And the others will also experience problems. They key is the engine which is the subject of the freeze. if we screwed that we will most probably have another 4 years of misery.

I'm not sure how much they can develop in the year given the spending cap? I realize they would have allocated a portion of their budget to development, however so has Mercedes and Red Bull, so any improvement they make will be offset by improvements made by RB and Mercedes. If they are behind at the beginning I can't see them catching up throughout the season. The good news is the engine appears to be good. We'll see what happens at the first race. They may have to position themselves to catch up next year if they are behind by 3-4 tenths as that's quite a lot.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post

According to Turini, our engine may have caught up, however we are still lacking in aero.

“It should be understood that. If at the first race of the season Ferrari is half a second behind Red Bull and Mercedes, the dream of a title race is over.”

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-so...-2022-car/?amp
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Turini says that because no one knows who's aero concept is going to be the best one. If RB and Merc are blowing budgets by coming out with extensive redesigns and updates and we haven't spent as much of our cap, then if we are behind, it is very possible to catch up. But I think it's very smart to fully evaluate the car you have now before introducing massive updates. Plus Merc and RB were in a fight for the championship, could be their cars at Barcelona were not completely finished, whereas Ferrari had more time to refine theirs. Worse thing to do is throw a big update and it doesn't work as well as it should have. Hope that happens to RB & Merc.

No one knows the pecking order. Why not wait a bit and not jump into conclusion just yet. Turini and Nugnes has no idea about the car performance. They don't have access to any real numbers, nor do they have any source inside the Maranello. They are not Ferrari insider, no matter how much they pretend to be.

My two cents...there's a reason why Red Bull and Mercedes are changing their car, they aren't happy with what they've produced. Nobody wastes time producing a car they are going to change a few weeks later, they didn't have sufficient time I guess to produce what they needed. They are playing catch up with the aero, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    My two cents...there's a reason why Red Bull and Mercedes are changing their car, they aren't happy with what they've produced. Nobody wastes time producing a car they are going to change a few weeks later, they didn't have sufficient time I guess to produce what they needed. They are playing catch up with the aero, not us.
    This is probably Ferrari's way to start a season. Merc and (less) RedBull have shown us that they can produce a more basic car I the 1st test to see witch would be the better way to evolve their car and then bring the full package on the 2nd test and then just refine it !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Could be, however it is also possible that they spent the first test correlating on track data to their modeling. If that data correlated properly, then you can bring the full package because you know you can trust the information that you were seeing coneceptually.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

How can Merc and RB simply build entirely new cars in two weeks time for the second test? Or even for the start of the season? What happened to the budget cap? Merc and RB’s books don’t get policed? Seems very expensive to me.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Could be, however it is also possible that they spent the first test correlating on track data to their modeling. If that data correlated properly, then you can bring the full package because you know you can trust the information that you were seeing coneceptually.
    That can be said for Ferrari as well, they haven't brought much stuff to the first test
    so they probably did some correlation tests (as Mattia said they have gathered a LOT of data adn now they're analysing it in Maranello) so they too could bring teh full package in Bahrain test 2

i for one cannot wait for the season to start....and if with any luck Ferrari is up there fighting for wins at every race....well that will just be the CHERRY on the cake....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    How can Merc and RB simply build entirely new cars in two weeks time for the second test? Or even for the start of the season? What happened to the budget cap? Merc and RB’s books don’t get policed? Seems very expensive to me.
    FIA ( mafia)will turn a blind eye for them.....but if it were Ferrari....all hell woudl have broken loose....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Come on, they are not building a new car. It's an evolution that was planned months ago. That's how they do it. Ferrari brings almost everything for the first test, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    FIA ( mafia)will turn a blind eye for them.....but if it were Ferrari....all hell woudl have broken loose....
    FIA warns teams are set to bring upgrades that may not be permitted by new regulations
    https://scuderiafans.com/fia-warns-t...w-regulations/

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    FIA warns teams are set to bring upgrades that may not be permitted by new regulations
    https://scuderiafans.com/fia-warns-t...w-regulations/
    I like how the FIA said some CAD drawings submitted are of parts that will be illegal, but state they will be seen in Bahrain. Of course teams can do whatever they want in testing, but I almost wonder if the FIA allows parts they know to be illegal to go on the car and wait for other teams to spot it and officially submit a protest before doing anything about it. The fact they allowed the pink Mercedes in 2020 and did nothing until teams protested, kind of supports that theory.

What I've read so far: Brawn came to the RB box to see their rear suspension. Additionally, Mclaren's floor inlets were suspected of being illegal (Mclaren reportedly got the best floor load from the data transferred to Pirelli). I really hope that the Fia will be inflexible this year, even with Mercedes
    One more :
    https://www.newsf1.it/f1-la-fia-ha-n...ews-formula-1/
    Last edited by Gilles; 2nd March 2022 at 20:32.

I wonder how Chuc-k Gurney (USA) would have gone driving the F1-75?
    I'm might speculate more about that.

Redbull and mercedes and the other usual suspects bringing major upgrades to there cars,obviously they are not happy,otherwise you would hold the status quo.Ferrari have started nicely and have no need to upgrade,they will continue evaluation on the sf 75.The others are catching up,that's my view.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Redbull and mercedes and the other usual suspects bringing major upgrades to there cars,obviously they are not happy,otherwise you would hold the status quo.Ferrari have started nicely and have no need to upgrade,they will continue evaluation on the sf 75.The others are catching up,that's my view.
    Since these supposed major upgrades were talked about at the during or near the end of the test days, those upgrades were very likely already designed and being built. There probably isn't going to a lot of significant updates that come specifically from the test. The big one would be any mods to fix the porpoising that teams ran into in the test. Otherwise it's more than likely things to correct any quarks and/or to get a better balance.