Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Even still. If the scale is 1:6 it’s not a 60% scale model. 1:6 just means 1 unit of measure in the model to 6 in the real world. Like 1cm in the model is 6cm in real life. That would still be around 17% not 60%.

Like a 1/4” scale drawing is 1/4” equals a foot. It’s 1:48 not 25%
    Got it. I stand corrected.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

New F1-75 reminds me a lot of 412 T2 from 1995
    Attachment 7952 Attachment 7953

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Holy cow! You’re correct.
    I knew there was something familiar about it!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    but... hopefully it will be more successful than that year....

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    My understanding is that he was referring to wind tunnel time allocation advantage due to our poor ranking order in 2020 and relatively poor in 2021
    At the same time it is starting to also sound as a poor excuse if they have started to realize they're not competitive. We shall see.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    At the same time it is starting to also sound as a poor excuse if they have started to realize they're not competitive. We shall see.
    Boring attitude as ever. I really hope its true this year, if so, i'm expecting Lewis to complain all year long, and to not be so fair on track, like he was before having the dominant car

Drivers fighting for WDC have never been so fair on the track. That's what got them up in the fight to the end. Team orders etc. Any port in a storm will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Drivers fighting for WDC have never been so fair on the track. That's what got them up in the fight to the end. Team orders etc. Any port in a storm will do.
    Maybe, but even if being following F1 for years, i was really surprised when i saw him pushing Massa in Monaco to pass him. Before that, it was said that it was impossible to overtake there. The FIA let him do, and it became almost normal, at least for him

Thought that you guys would enjoy this.
    https://youtu.be/o_pVuaNkx0o
    Last edited by Tifoso; 25th February 2022 at 17:22.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Why is it every year mer and rb show up with a totally new car for the second test and we don't.starting to think we have not the most advanced and confident aero people and shop in maranello.its travesty.we best show up next week with something new and different or we r play for 3rd again this year

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Why is it every year mer and rb show up with a totally new car for the second test and we don't.starting to think we have not the most advanced and confident aero people and shop in maranello.its travesty.we best show up next week with something new and different or we r play for 3rd again this year
    If the car is good why should we redo the whole car? Maybe Merc needs a big update because their car isnt as ready or as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If the car is good why should we redo the whole car? Maybe Merc needs a big update because their car isnt as ready or as good.
    Agree. Unfounded statelent for me

Unfounded you ate living in lala land just look at the past.there is a disconnect in the aero department.they failed vet when they couldn't come up with something after the summer break.ferrari failed them.all I'm saying is it's taken 2 years to get to this point.they should have a bunch of solutions and up grades.but all we get is the car isn't going to change to much until after the first few races .good lord.its always a catching up situation with this team.its like there all on vacation.we all best pray that this engine has some balls.look at redbull they had to devote all there time to the last second of the season and they still find away to come up with something that's totally out of the box.it was a big mistake not bringing Jean todt back

if our engine turns out to be the most powerful, no doubt Merc and RB will launch a protest.

Unfounded you ate living in lala land just look at the past.there is a disconnect in the aero department.they failed vet when they couldn't come up with something after the summer break.ferrari failed them.all I'm saying is it's taken 2 years to get to this point.they should have a bunch of solutions and up grades.but all we get is the car isn't going to change to much until after the first few races .good lord.its always a catching up situation with this team.its like there all on vacation.we all best pray that this engine has some balls.look at redbull they had to devote all there time to the last second of the season and they still find away to come up with something that's totally out of the box.it was a big mistake not bringing Jean todt back
    Although French, I don't look at lala-land-type things and don't say that Jean Todt should be hired (and you?). If you think radically transforming his aero work or give his car a UFO look is enough to make it work, that's your opinion, but it seems to me that it's better to go gradually in one direction, understanding it completely than shooting at random in a vacuum. I can't say Ferrari got it right, but I'd be worried if they already announced they wanted to change everything.
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th February 2022 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Although French, I don't look at lala-land-type things and don't say that Jean Todt should be hired (and you?). If you think radically transforming his aero work is enough to make him work or give his car a UFO look, that's your opinion, but it seems to me that it's better to go gradually in one direction, understanding it completely than shooting at random in a vacuum. I can't say Ferrari got it right, but I'd be worried if they already announced they wanted to change everything.
    +1 ��

Handbags, ladies!

We'll see what we see in Bahrain for the second test and - more importantly - in qualifying and the first race..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    if our engine turns out to be the most powerful, no doubt Merc and RB will launch a protest.
    Let them do it, it will fall on deaf ears.

So they should present a completely new car after just 3 days of testing. This is the first test. How were they supposed to guess what to update before the car hit the track? Or do you think they can make a whole new car in just 2 weeks? Ferrari took a methodical approach last year and steadily eradicated most of the cars issues pretty quickly. I think it makes sense to maximize the package first before going off on tangents that may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    So they should present a completely new car after just 3 days of testing. This is the first test. How were they supposed to guess what to update before the car hit the track? Or do you think they can make a whole new car in just 2 weeks? Ferrari took a methodical approach last year and steadily eradicated most of the cars issues pretty quickly. I think it makes sense to maximize the package first before going off on tangents that may not work.
    Exactly.
    To explain the situation as we understand it :
    As said previously on this forum, the hope is that SF has done a good job, meticulous, with the maximum of its means for 3 years. They had to modernize their tools, those that no longer allowed them to progress during the season as their rivals did. They also had to launch an entirely new engine program after 2019 (it takes 2 years minimum). Knowing this, they decided to sacrifice years to level up and come back stronger (covid cost them another year). We have to understand this and not cry too soon. So, now, this long work added to the possible weaknesses of the competitors who were forced to invest in fights in the past years must benefit SF, to catch up with the 2 leading teams. Mercedes could struggle with their not-so-new concept, and RB with Newey's one, as sometimes, too innovative to work right at the start (hopefully). In this new area of ​​budget restraint, SF must have a solid car from the start, spend time understanding and developing it, saving money, and evaluate and copy what could work for them from the other cars
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th February 2022 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Handbags, ladies!

We'll see what we see in Bahrain for the second test and - more importantly - in qualifying and the first race..
    So you've noticed it too Nick - handbag aggression seems to be rife around here at this time of year and this year is no exception!
    We shall see what we shall see but I'm encouraged and enthusiastic by the situation so far. FORZA FERRARI!!!

Ferrari needs to get their pit stops down to 1.09 2,0 . Especially now that they look right up with the top teams car & driver wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Thought that you guys would enjoy this.
    [video]https://youtu.be/o_pVuaNkx0o[/url]
    I'd trust this guys views any day against someone like Gary Anderson, Kyle seems unbiased, coherent and very knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    I'd trust this guys views any day against someone like Gary Anderson, Kyle seems unbiased, coherent and very knowledgeable.
    Even he seems to start changing his mind
    From Gary Anderson

This is a big year for Ferrari. The Tifosi will have had enough of unfulfilled promises so now it is time to deliver. Ferrari has the driver line-up, but does it have the tools?

The car is quite different to the Mercedes, with the sidepod area bulkier. That doesn’t mean it isn’t quick because there are many ways to achieve the same outcome and Ferrari was quick out of the blocks in testing. The power unit also looks strong judging by the speed traps.

On track, the car looks purposeful. When the drivers try to push that bit harder, it stays with them so we definitely haven’t seen the Ferrari’s true potential. That perhaps reflects a willingness to keep its powder dry for now.

After all, Ferrari is or should be a top team so doesn’t need to go for glory runs.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Even he seems to start changing his mind
    From Gary Anderson

This is a big year for Ferrari. The Tifosi will have had enough of unfulfilled promises so now it is time to deliver. Ferrari has the driver line-up, but does it have the tools?

The car is quite different to the Mercedes, with the sidepod area bulkier. That doesn’t mean it isn’t quick because there are many ways to achieve the same outcome and Ferrari was quick out of the blocks in testing. The power unit also looks strong judging by the speed traps.

On track, the car looks purposeful. When the drivers try to push that bit harder, it stays with them so we definitely haven’t seen the Ferrari’s true potential. That perhaps reflects a willingness to keep its powder dry for now.

After all, Ferrari is or should be a top team so doesn’t need to go for glory runs.
    Quite a few 'experts' are changing their tune about Ferrari, and that fills me with more hope than I have had for a few years. Gary and Giorgio Piola from Mortorsport.com as well. We seem together and quietly confident. The aero was a gamble but we had more time in the wind tunnel and based on last year we shouldn't have any correlation problems, so we should be more than OK aero-wise. There was a good base to build from on the power unit and hybrid side and the reliability and speed trap data seem to confirm we have a better engine this year. Barcellona sector times look good considering previous weaknesses and the speed of developing a permanent solution to the porpoising was very promising.

We have two great and hungry drivers so all in all we are in a much better situation this year. We need to make sure we get strategy and pitstops right this year but otherwise I think we are in a strong position. Mercedes and Red Bull will be there as always, but I think we and Mclaren can disrupt some of this dominance. I was quite impressed with ferrari not opting for glory runs, and most of the fast times Ferrari achieved were on longer stints and not glory runs. Apparently Mercs had 70L of fuel on the fast laps, which makes me think they wanted to see who else took the bait and went for fast laps. We should see a better pecking order in Bahrain.

Forza Ferrari sempre

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    So you've noticed it too Nick - handbag aggression seems to be rife around here at this time of year and this year is no exception!
    We shall see what we shall see but I'm encouraged and enthusiastic by the situation so far. FORZA FERRARI!!!
    Indeed. I am too.

I'd love us to be the fastest team etc, etc but failing that, I hope there's nobody doing a Mercedes and clearing off into the distance. A closed up field would be great for the purists and the neutrals and with ***** and Carlos in the car we would be well placed in a more evenly matched field car-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Quite a few 'experts' are changing their tune about Ferrari, and that fills me with more hope than I have had for a few years. Gary and Giorgio Piola from Mortorsport.com as well. We seem together and quietly confident. The aero was a gamble but we had more time in the wind tunnel and based on last year we shouldn't have any correlation problems, so we should be more than OK aero-wise. There was a good base to build from on the power unit and hybrid side and the reliability and speed trap data seem to confirm we have a better engine this year. Barcellona sector times look good considering previous weaknesses and the speed of developing a permanent solution to the porpoising was very promising.

We have two great and hungry drivers so all in all we are in a much better situation this year. We need to make sure we get strategy and pitstops right this year but otherwise I think we are in a strong position. Mercedes and Red Bull will be there as always, but I think we and Mclaren can disrupt some of this dominance. I was quite impressed with ferrari not opting for glory runs, and most of the fast times Ferrari achieved were on longer stints and not glory runs. Apparently Mercs had 70L of fuel on the fast laps, which makes me think they wanted to see who else took the bait and went for fast laps. We should see a better pecking order in Bahrain.

Forza Ferrari sempre
    Let us hope we make slightly better strategy calls this year. Pit-wall calls have cost us in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Indeed. I am too.

I'd love us to be the fastest team etc, etc but failing that, I hope there's nobody doing a Mercedes and clearing off into the distance. A closed up field would be great for the purists and the neutrals and with ***** and Carlos in the car we would be well placed in a more evenly matched field car-wise.

Why does C*h*u*c*k get deleted? Truly baffling!

Duck
    Muck
    Luck
    Puck
    Ruck
    Suck
    Buck
    Testing, testing!