Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Who put me a 2.5 hours meeting right at launch time ?... Grrr
    I started by reading your messages guys, it was great, and without bickering!
    Now i will see the car

Yes!
    I think I see where the last 3 years of wind tunnels have gone

Official Photos:

The F1-75 looks fantastic!

Simply stunning looks lethal.The new ferrari has certainly raised the eye brows of all teams and especially its fans.Forza ferrari.

By far the most innovative and best looking new car of 2022.

Ferrari certainly took a very different approach for the sidepod design.
    Would love to understand more what the dimple does.

Anyway, glad to see Ferrari going for more aggressive design. Hope it pays off handsomely

Not the nose I expected to see
    Finally a Ferrari...Red Ferrari, I like it
    Also with black wings, as before
    Remain to beat competitors now

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Not the nose I expected to see
    Finally a Ferrari...Red Ferrari, I like it
    Also with black wings, as before
    Remain to beat competitors now
    The nose can change quite dramatically, as the team appears to have found a way of designing a "modular" nose, as the structural part is atttached from the tip that connects and holds the fronf wing. Apparently we may change the tip without the need of a new crash-test. So we may explore more options at a fraction of the price and in a faster way. Really clever...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Happy Anniversary buddy :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Congratulations Stefa, Happy Anniversary and many, many more to come
    hopefully this year's stunner looking Ferrari will bring us LOTS OF WINS....one true Ferrari fan can only hope, Right???
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Happy anniversary. Enjoy ferrari car launch as a gift
    Thank you!
    And for the ultimate price CWC and WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Thank you!
    And for the ultimate price CWC and WDC!
    YES INDEED, from your Mouth to GOD'S ears.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Some little details!!
    Attachment 7934
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ferrari certainly took a very different approach for the sidepod design.
    Would love to understand more what the dimple does.

Anyway, glad to see Ferrari going for more aggressive design. Hope it pays off handsomely
    Post #533 from Scarbs with pic.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Some little details!!
    Attachment 7934
    Vanes or wind deflectors abound.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

almost looks like they are using the halo to filter air down into the cavity. Might as well incorporate it... it's not goin anywhere.

The first car in quite a while that is beautiful.
    Wish the nose could be just a tad more round, but that’s nitpicking.
    Both titles.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

i guess NO pictures from the top or back yet???? still keeping those from praying eyes???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i guess NO pictures from the top or back yet???? still keeping those from praying eyes???
    Attachment 7935
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    In the eye of this beholder......love it. My favourite modern F1 cars by Ferrari were 641,642 and 643 of 1990 and 1991. Loved early 90's F1 cars especially Jordan 191 but this by Ferrari is right in amongst those stunners, love it so much. Hopefully it wins but even if not it's a poster car for years to come.
    Yes, remember the 639 proto shown on August 88 along the F40 to give a last present to Enzo. Followed by the 640 and its brazilian win for its first race, with Nigel on the n27!
    What a car! Barnard design
    Also the 037TT engine in hungarory...

No question that the car looks great! But I won't be getting too excited until we've seen it at the first race.

I love that Ferrari can still come up with innovative designs. A much much different approach to anyone else, and a design that likely can't be copied (if it proves to work).

As it turns out, Ferrari did go with a sidepod design concept that we saw in the F399 and MP4-26, though in a revolutionary way. It's like a bathtub in there. I question if these is a channel for good air, or a channel for dirty air. Typically you do not want louvers expelling hot dirty air into the flow of clean cool air, and this channel is filled with louvers. Perhaps the way the inner sidepod is shaped it creates a venturi effect that actually helps pull the hot air out. Scarbs suggests the channels will direct air to the beam wing. It makes sense, though if that's the case, having the louvers to dirty that air is not ideal.

Someone on this forum mentioned the possibility that the outter tubes of the sidepod may be channeling air to energize the beam wing or diffuser and I would have to assume Ferrari are definitely channeling air through those tubes, otherwise its wasted space. Is it hot air or cold air? That's the question. Ferrari have relatively wide sidepod inlets, so it appears there will be plenty of air going into the sidepods. The exit of these tubes appear to come out where the rear upper wishbone is, which makes me believe this is hot air exit and not energized cool air. This means Ferrari appear to have 3 sources of air exit. The louvers, the wishbone vent, and the central vent around the exhaust pipe. This seems like an awful lot of cooling, I wouldn't be surprised to see these change depending on track and weather conditions.

It does seem like Ferrari have sacrificed airflow to the top of the floor and through a "coke bottle" towards the rear diffuser. I hope that Ferrari figured out there was only so much return they were getting from the ground effect tunnels that this bathtub solution is better for more upper body downforce. Basically, the higher the pressure differential, the greater the downforce, and AM's design appears like it would be have a better pressure differential over the entire floor than Ferrari's, given the lack of undercut. Also Ferrari's sidepod to not downwash towards the diffuser or beam wing like Red Bull designs their cars. Extremely curious who's design is better.

The front nose is just as exciting as the crazy sidepods. Extremely pointy, like a needle. It's notably slimmer vertically than other teams as well. I would assume Ferrari worked very hard at getting air to flow around the nose towards the tunnels. What is really exciting is Ferrari's modular nose design. It is a genius idea that gives a huge amount of freedom to develop, at a relatively low cost.

The front wing has the least surface area to any other team by far, also a much shallower angle of attack. Also it appears the nose attaches to the lower element which I believe is not as good of a design as the teams that have their nose attached to the 2nd element. At least this wing configuration seen cannot make as much front downforce as the other teams, but almost certainly makes significantly less drag. Hopefully Ferrari is making a load of downforce from the T-tray area. Someone said Ferrari is running a double T-tray, but I couldn't see pictures that show that.

A very very interesting and completely unexpected design by Ferrari. Will it work? I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    What a sharp engine cover, beautifull pic!
    For sure this is a particular concept. Somewhere in line with the concept initiated in 2019

….
    A very very interesting and completely unexpected design by Ferrari. Will it work? I certainly hope so.
    Nicely argued, fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

What a stunner, let's hope they have a beast of an engine and wipe all with it!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

So far Ferrari has EASILY already won on looks and livery over all other intros so far with many interesting design details that are hopefully productive towards race wins given that much time has been spent in the wind tunnel and simulator. I want to beleive that the motor will have the added beans they talk about too!
    Time will reveal the proof of the race pudding but our drivers who seem suitably wowed will have the best looking car on the grid - by far! Let's wait and see what carnival-colored RB and drab and dour MB have up their sleeves.....

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I love that Ferrari can still come up with innovative designs. A much much different approach to anyone else, and a design that likely can't be copied (if it proves to work).

As it turns out, Ferrari did go with a sidepod design concept that we saw in the F399 and MP4-26, though in a revolutionary way. It's like a bathtub in there. I question if these is a channel for good air, or a channel for dirty air. Typically you do not want louvers expelling hot dirty air into the flow of clean cool air, and this channel is filled with louvers. Perhaps the way the inner sidepod is shaped it creates a venturi effect that actually helps pull the hot air out. Scarbs suggests the channels will direct air to the beam wing. It makes sense, though if that's the case, having the louvers to dirty that air is not ideal.

Someone on this forum mentioned the possibility that the outter tubes of the sidepod may be channeling air to energize the beam wing or diffuser and I would have to assume Ferrari are definitely channeling air through those tubes, otherwise its wasted space. Is it hot air or cold air? That's the question. Ferrari have relatively wide sidepod inlets, so it appears there will be plenty of air going into the sidepods. The exit of these tubes appear to come out where the rear upper wishbone is, which makes me believe this is hot air exit and not energized cool air. This means Ferrari appear to have 3 sources of air exit. The louvers, the wishbone vent, and the central vent around the exhaust pipe. This seems like an awful lot of cooling, I wouldn't be surprised to see these change depending on track and weather conditions.

It does seem like Ferrari have sacrificed airflow to the top of the floor and through a "coke bottle" towards the rear diffuser. I hope that Ferrari figured out there was only so much return they were getting from the ground effect tunnels that this bathtub solution is better for more upper body downforce. Basically, the higher the pressure differential, the greater the downforce, and AM's design appears like it would be have a better pressure differential over the entire floor than Ferrari's, given the lack of undercut. Also Ferrari's sidepod to not downwash towards the diffuser or beam wing like Red Bull designs their cars. Extremely curious who's design is better.

The front nose is just as exciting as the crazy sidepods. Extremely pointy, like a needle. It's notably slimmer vertically than other teams as well. I would assume Ferrari worked very hard at getting air to flow around the nose towards the tunnels. What is really exciting is Ferrari's modular nose design. It is a genius idea that gives a huge amount of freedom to develop, at a relatively low cost.

The front wing has the least surface area to any other team by far, also a much shallower angle of attack. Also it appears the nose attaches to the lower element which I believe is not as good of a design as the teams that have their nose attached to the 2nd element. At least this wing configuration seen cannot make as much front downforce as the other teams, but almost certainly makes significantly less drag. Hopefully Ferrari is making a load of downforce from the T-tray area. Someone said Ferrari is running a double T-tray, but I couldn't see pictures that show that.

Generally, when the team presents its car, everything is shown in a particular way for a reason. I noticed that they blocked out the opening of the sidepods... I wonder if they did that to hide something clever going on with the channeling?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Note that they do not show the (complete) rear and top views of the car

Got a gut feeling feeding beam wing is going to be more important than air over top of diffuser, ideally could do both but in compromise beamwing is where its at to pull more air through diffuser exit. This will mean 1st time since 2008 this has been the case. Back then there was undercuts on sidepods but top down view of 2008 cars u cannot see a coke bottle. Downwashed large coke bottle sidepods are from the last era and wont take advantage of the power a beamvwing can give. Time will tell but thes longer higher sidepods may well be the way in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Generally, when the team presents its car, everything is shown in a particular way for a reason. I noticed that they blocked out the opening of the sidepods... I wonder if they did that to hide something clever going on with the channeling?
    I’m expecting the same with undercut mid-sidepod and the floor. The regs are restrictive I know but I think there’s more just because of the general aggresive design philosophy.

Make it 5 races to have a better picture of our true position against others. I also wish Alfa Romeo to be equally competitive. A good second team indicates how fast & reliable the engine actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    No question that the car looks great! But I won't be getting too excited until we've seen it at the first race.
    Last edited by paneristi; 18th February 2022 at 02:38.