Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Guys, help me understand one thing. Did the engineers back there did not do enough checking to see if there were any other issue apart from gearbox like drive shaft issue?
    If we had known this issue earlier then would it have not been possible to repair/change the drive shaft.

Edit- Nevermind, got the answer from previous page, the team let down Charles!!

I hope we bring some sort of upgrade for Baku.
    It would be good if it was a Mechanical upgrade rather than an Aero upgrade though

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-t...ainst-red-bull

Mercedes is absolutely furious right now. They're threatening legal actions if the flexible rear wing isn't removed by Baku. What a bunch of rats. RB, Ferrari, AT, AR and Haas should collectively put some money to just focus on the illegal crap that Mercedes are doing and put fire beneath their bottoms.
    So what? Merc can challenge all they want. Don't be mad at them. Be mad at the teams that don't have the courage to stand up to Merc and push back. Let the teams bash it out among themselves. Let Ferrari, RB, AT, AR etc grow some balls and make their own case. Let them bend the arm of the FIA and get their own demands in there. This is not pre-school.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

A new drive shift to start with.Ferrari looked for the obvious a gear box issue with charles only.A proper dudigelence was not done.Lesson learnt.A ferrari 1 and 2 was on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I hope we bring some sort of upgrade for Baku.
    It would be good if it was a Mechanical upgrade rather than an Aero upgrade though
    We can not compensate the lack of HP with any update

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We can not compensate the lack of HP with any update
    Well maybe a skinny wing might help. Next race at Baku is going to be full of drama with bendy wing saga. There is going to be all kinds of crying from Mercedes. Especially that now they are losing both championships.

REMEMBER 3RD IS THE TARGET.

Mixed feelings from my side.
    On one side, I am happy for both the gamble and for CS.
    On the other hand, if this was not some mind game, it was an amateurish mistake. And I cannot believe it was made by Ferrari. Assuming it was a mistake, I don't want anyone to be blamed. I want them to learn from it and not repeat it.

Exactly. Amateurish, and an expensive mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Mixed feelings from my side.
    On one side, I am happy for both the gamble and for CS.
    On the other hand, if this was not some mind game, it was an amateurish mistake. And I cannot believe it was made by Ferrari. Assuming it was a mistake, I don't want anyone to be blamed. I want them to learn from it and not repeat it.

Amateurish Mistake Are Not Acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Exactly. Amateurish, and an expensive mistake.
    Amateurish mistake are only made by amateurs; Binnoto is not a leader he should expect perfection from his team. Most leader would say "heads will roll, we cannot afford these mistakes!", he is everyone's buddy, Ferrari runs on the buddy system.

Until we find a leader that will demand perfection, get use to the saying "BUT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, WE WILL BE GREAT NEXT YEAR"

Quote Originally Posted by bschock View Post
    Amateurish mistake are only made by amateurs; Binnoto is not a leader he should expect perfection from his team. Most leader would say "heads will roll, we cannot afford these mistakes!", he is everyone's buddy, Ferrari runs on the buddy system.

Until we find a leader that will demand perfection, get use to the saying "BUT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, WE WILL BE GREAT NEXT YEAR"
    By those methods Merc ate going to fire a few multiple title winning staff due to the weekend they just had? The fire them culture has sent great staff from Ferrari into the arms of Merc over the past decade. Without the threat to their jobs for any mistake these people seem to then become the class of the field. Ferrari are on the comeback trail and all things considered doing very well leading into the new regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Binotto says left hand side of car was not checked....so strange and rather amateur.
    Wow.

Binotto is thinking 2022 . No need to check a drive shaft this year.

Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by bschock View Post

This would not happen at Redbull or mercedes ferrari have to stop there layback casual approach and stop acting as if nothing big has happened.What has happened is massive charles deserves better very very ordinary indeed.There should be consequences no doubt.Lewis does not podium and he demands a full and proper investigation the way it should be, they are drivers that want to win its in there DNA.Slack ferrari cost charles and the team big points.

I just hate it when Ferrari gift wins to other teams. Who knows, even if Charles had started on pole with the car intact he may still have lost it.
    But at least make the opposition work for it, give yourself every chance you can and make it is as hard as possible for the others. Binotto failed to do that.

Did it happen to cross in your mind that this LEC thing is scripted between RB and Ferrari? Let RB win this GP in exchange for info about newey aero design tips for this season? so ferrari can fine tune the aero problem this year, so our car is much more capable for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Did it happen to cross in your mind that this LEC thing is scripted between RB and Ferrari? Let RB win this GP in exchange for info about newey aero design tips for this season? so ferrari can fine tune the aero problem this year, so our car is much more capable for next year.
    well something strange is going on, I don't know what it is. You don't check half the car when it's been in an accident, you check everything. No need to have a degree in engineering to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well something strange is going on, I don't know what it is. You don't check half the car when it's been in an accident, you check everything. No need to have a degree in engineering to understand that.
    I am not sure why we are looking for conspiracy theories here when Occam's Razor would suggest something we all already know deep inside. The current Ferrari organization is wholly incompliant.

Thanks for the pic DIEK. She looks amazing!!

���������� Good one mate

Mate, that makes absolutely no sense....what would this years aero have anything to do with next year??? When the cars will be totally different aerowwise, and will look 100% different....in other words you’d be comparing apples to strawberries....

Yiu have no what yiu talking about...

Duh.....

Binotto: "It's a hidden part, you can't see it, you have to dismantle some components to access it. The real question will be whether we could have seen it: this will be the big question in the coming days to ensure that something like this never happens again."

Ferrari confirm that the left driveshaft hub failure that caused Charles Leclerc not to start the Monaco Grand Prix was a consequence of his qualifying crash. This is not a part normally checked following this type of accident but Ferrari will update its procedures now
    It's not how start but how you finish.

and yesterday they said the failure was not a consequence of the qualifying accident?

To me this is what makes difference between great and mediocre....

calm down, learn from it, move on

You can be sure that they don’t have that mindset. Updating the procedures? What a joke. It is just pure laziness and incompetence.

Edit: To elaborate further, what was shown was a mentality of staff being told what to do and they would not doing anything extra. Likely a sign of how unstable the organization is to have staff not wanting to go the extra mile (do everything according to a manual written by the clown, then no one can get in any trouble).
    Last edited by impactX; 25th May 2021 at 00:16.

If Ferrari subsequently change the gearbox as well as the driveshaft on Charles' car for Baku, will he get a 5 place grid penalty as it's only the 5th race out of the 6 they're supposed to last? That would hurt even more.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If Ferrari subsequently change the gearbox as well as the driveshaft on Charles' car for Baku, will he get a 5 place grid penalty as it's only the 5th race out of the 6 they're supposed to last? That would hurt even more.
    Don’t think so as it was a DNS for him....so basically he can have a free gearbox