Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 26 - 28

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Big number 4 in our backs. It's back to the drawing board for SF. Maybe it's time to let MB go and bring somebody with a more sophisticated approach in building a winner. Mattia's tenure at the helm has been subpar.
    Don’t worry, Mercedes time is on the wain, when you start tumbling you don’t usually get it back for a while. 2022 is everyone starting from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Big number 4 in our backs. It's back to the drawing board for SF. Maybe it's time to let MB go and bring somebody with a more sophisticated approach in building a winner. Mattia's tenure at the helm has been subpar.
    After 1 race lol it was impossible for use to turn things around this season no matter who is in charge, but we already see signs of improvement.
    Forza Ferrari

I'm not sure 2022 will be a clean start for everyone. For example Mercedes have probably been working on it for years with Brawn in there ear. Extra wind tunnel time is nothing when Mercedes have years of preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I'm not sure 2022 will be a clean start for everyone. For example Mercedes have probably been working on it for years with Brawn in there ear.
    I would imagine most teams have done the same.....
    Forza Ferrari

Not a bad start, as I was not expecting our cars to have race pace to beat McLaren... We did progress from where we were last year, and this is just the first of 23 races. And apparently most in here have forgotten what are the goals for this season. I remember that a few years ago Seb had a large advance in points, and halfway around the season, with the pressure, he lost it. Lewis will lose it too, if he gets under pressure. And maybe, just maybe, he starts to show some cracks. Let Ferrari do their work, and let's wait for the results. I am quite happy with our boys. It's not how it starts, it's how it ends.

Mercedes International Assistance what a joke

Feels humiliating to lose to McLaren in race trim to be honest, considering the 0.3 s gap in qualifying but I guess the car is still having to carry too little wing on a track like this.

i stii cannot understand why ferrari accepted this engine freeze.

and what we are gaining from this

it seems that anything red bull asks, it gets..

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Don’t worry, Mercedes time is on the wain, when you start tumbling you don’t usually get it back for a while. 2022 is everyone starting from scratch
    lol that’s what you think. The engine regulations aren’t that different. Merc technically already have a head start from building the class leading PU these last 8 years. On top of that Red Bull have caught up and requested a freeze which means they are pretty confident in themselves. Lastly, if we make a mistake and are down on HP or reliability, we have basically given up another 5 years and will not win again until the next cycle.

I hope things will be different for us.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    Not a bad start, as I was not expecting our cars to have race pace to beat McLaren... We did progress from where we were last year, and this is just the first of 23 races. And apparently most in here have forgotten what are the goals for this season. I remember that a few years ago Seb had a large advance in points, and halfway around the season, with the pressure, he lost it. Lewis will lose it too, if he gets under pressure. And maybe, just maybe, he starts to show some cracks. Let Ferrari do their work, and let's wait for the results. I am quite happy with our boys. It's not how it starts, it's how it ends.
    How can Lewis lose with the FIA guaranteeing him every win?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    How can Lewis lose with the FIA guaranteeing him every win?
    It's really Todt. Todt has it out for Ferrari hence the Mercedes dominance since this turbo hybrid era.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Isn't there an "equalization" clause in the new rules for the engine?

Anyway, we got away from the race.

With a much more clear head now:

* We are 4th fastest car with Alpha Tauri and SV out of the equation.
    * We will fight with McLaren, AT, AM and maybe Alonso in some tracks
    * We are nowhere close to Mercedes in terms of power
    * We are nowhere close to McLaren in terms of aerodynamics, now imagine how back from RB we are
    * We are nowhere clear to either RB or Merc (class of the field) in terms of tire management
    * We are nowhere clear to either RB, Merc, McLaren in terms of traction
    * FIA will do whatever they can to help an extremely talented driver (LH) and extremely political person (LH) to win the title.
    * FIA is so powerless that F1 looks like a joke (if it isn't).
    * Pit crew was MUCH better than 2020 (I am still not happy. We should be the class of the field)

The worse race of the year will be (once more) Montza and Spa. We simply don't have the power and the aero needed to compete close to top 6 in those tracks.

Let's see how we will go in Imola.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's really Todt. Todt has it out for Ferrari hence the Mercedes dominance since this turbo hybrid era.
    what is Todt's problem with Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i stii cannot understand why ferrari accepted this engine freeze.

and what we are gaining from this

it seems that anything red bull asks, it gets..
    Agreed.

Don't forget it is Red Bull who started crying about the Ferrari engine in 2019, and they have always cried about engine power during the turbo hybrid era. And now they get their way on the freeze

But what i'm afraid of is, Merc will surpass next year, we might be able to pull even with the current Honda next season if we are lucky, but that means Merc will have an advantage for the duration of the upcoming freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what is Todt's problem with Ferrari?
    Payback.....it's a *itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Agreed.

Don't forget it is Red Bull who started crying about the Ferrari engine in 2019, and they have always cried about engine power during the turbo hybrid era. And now they get their way on the freeze

But what i'm afraid of is, Merc will surpass next year, we might be able to pull even with the current Honda next season if we are lucky, but that means Merc will have an advantage for the duration of the upcoming freeze
    what i saw today is that primarily honda and then mercedes were passing other cars on the straights like they were nothing.

and their advantage is much more than ferrari had during 2019.

i feel ferrari and renault should start investigating them. if they could find that something fishy was goin on with our engine, we can find out on them also.

With all the doom and gloom and all these conspiracy theories why even bother.Ferrari and others can pack their toys up and call it a day permanently.

what i saw today is that primarily honda and then mercedes were passing other cars on the straights like they were nothing.

i feel ferrari and renault should start investigating them. if they could find that something fishy was goin on with our engine, we can find out on them also.
    Agreed, but I have a feeling we'll just let it slide.

Remember, DAS is "innovative", Ferrari uses "tricks".

Since Ferrari's engine came into question, every PU has had a 2nd fuel flow sensor installed currently.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Since Ferrari's engine came into question, every PU has had a 2nd fuel flow sensor installed currently.
    What we were doing supposedly bypassed the sensors though. So who says Merc and RB aren’t doing the same? Perez came from the back of the field and passed every car with ease. Who knows.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

What we were doing supposedly bypassed the sensors though. So who says Merc and RB aren’t doing the same? Perez came from the back of the field and passed every car with ease. Who knows.
    The original or 1st fuel flow sensor would check fuel flow at specified points when it was operating. The 2nd fuel flow sensor checks fuel flow at random points when operating unbeknownst to the teams.

Mercedes and Honda have built a better "mouse-trap"

F1 has become a joke. All of us who love the sport and all the time spent to follow it, my humble opinion is that it just not worth it anymore. from 2014 onwards they killed anything was exciting about it, they ve killed innovation.

im all in regarding emmision reduction, im all in being green, but let them race to build the most powerful engine or the best chassis or even suspension without implementing stupid budget restrictions or token systems. if a team is willing to spend half a billion and can sustain itself like financial fair play in football, let them do it. at the change of every era the one who gets on top will stay there because the rules forbid anyone to catch up. the teams are exploring illegal ways to get a fraction of performance increase because they are not allowed to do it legally. that will result in a boring decade until next engine era is introduced.

there are so many ways to do it right but i highly doubt that the people responsible for the well being of the sport actually want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So why did Merc tell Lewis to stop doing it if they were not enforced?
    Lewis exceeding track limits 29x during the race!!!! When were they enforced???? I believe after 5 or 6 of exceeding track limits you get penalized???

https://twitter.com/AlertaF1/status/1376249612164554752

Charles Leclerc saying track limits at T4 would not be enforced

F1 LIVE Bahrain GP Post Race Show - 28/03/2021 - Track limits at turn 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RlPE7Ej0V8
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 28th March 2021 at 20:18.

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Heroes ?

Lewis should be penalised. A gifted victory not next time he is one he'll of a lucky guy who has the uncanny ability of jinxing the others.

Anybody want to speculate how much more power Red Bull and Mercedes have over us?

I think they have a good 15 to 20 hp. We got blown away in race pace. Hopefully there are some tracks where we are going to be closer. I know its not only down to HP but chassis too.

Does it matter at this point? Hamilton will be gifted his 8th as he was with his last 7. It’s been written in the plan long ago. Each year another competitor is allowed to get a sniff to bolster Hamilton’s ego. The headlines from today are already “how Hamilton won in the second best car”. Spare me the soap opera that is the Hamilton-Merc-Pirelli-FIA show. Hamilton went off track countless times today and wasn’t penalized. Yet he was on the radio 1 millisecond after being past to complain. The FIA has never been on the radio so quick to tell Red Bull to move over and let the cry baby win. Much like Canada when vettel should have won.

The sport is a joke, cost cutting, no testing, no sound, engine freezes, tokens, no innovation unless it comes from Merc and Red Bull. And to top it all off, we now have to deal with Hamilton and his race-baiting virtual signalling.

I said it was a sad day for F1 after Canada, I feel this is even worse.
    Listen, i can t stand Hamilton too but apparently in the pre race brieffing the FIA did not mention it was going to penalise during the race in you cut the corner. Hamilton got smart this time but Red Bull have the better car this year.

It s going to be a long season and Hamilton is going to have some races too don t worry. I hope Verstappen makes him cry this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Listen, i can t stand Hamilton too but apparently in the pre race brieffing the FIA did not mention it was going to penalise during the race in you cut the corner. Hamilton got smart this time but Red Bull have the better car this year.

It s going to be a long season and Hamilton is going to have some races too don t worry. I hope Verstappen makes him cry this year.
    To be honest, I deleted my post after I wrote it because I don’t want to waste my energy on Hamilton and his preferential treatment anymore. You must have responded before it was deleted lol.

I don’t care anymore. I truly hope someone gives us a fair championship fight worth watching this year. And I really hope that Ferrari gets next year right.

On to the next one I guess...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I don't know why you guys are being needlessly pessimistic here. The 2019 RedBull performed in a similar fashion at the same track until Verstappen punted Sainz off and Vettel spun. The SF21 was more of an aerodynamic car than an engine oriented car. I fully believe that we will be much stronger in Imola, Portimao, Barcelona, Monaco, France, Singapore, Suzuka, Interlagos, Albert Park and Yas Marina. Besides, this is just a transition year. We know for a fact that Honda's engine won't get upgraded/changed for 4 years straight. The last time there was a major aero change (2017), Ferrari did exceptionally well and the SF70H was the envy of the field. Even Ferrari's 2019 front wings were copied up by everyone.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Charles and Carlos are for sure going to score points and podiums this season. Meanwhile Honda from pole couldn't beat Merc ; and they sure as hell tried their best. Bottas on the podium after that baaad pit was really a big deal for them. I also would include Perez in with the top driver crew.