Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1283

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This is a sad day for any Italophile like me, and a poor show for an Italian-branded team, losing the only Italian driver on the grid. I do believe GIO deserved his seat and any under-performance points-wise was mainly down to poor strategy. But of course, I'm biased. At least he has a new seat in FE with Dragon Penske for 2022 and I wish him well. Forza GIO.
    indeed, and sadly on the grid is talent of the standard of Mazepin..... sigh....

as for italophile sadness... this comment is simply "una grossa Puttanata..." by Domenicali....
    quoted from bbc: Formula 1 boss Stefano Domenicali says the new grands prix in Qatar and Saudi Arabia can help drive progress on human rights in the countries.

Ferrari: Mission Winnow will not be the title sponsor, but PMI remains

Mattia Binotto, team principal of the Scuderia, explained that the partnership with PMI could change, but negotiations are underway
    to continue the historic collaboration.
    Mission Winnow could renounce the visibility as title sponsor: "We will make an announcement as soon as we are ready".

URL: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...resta/6790914/

(Personally, I feel this is a step in the right direction for the SF.
    Moving from controversial branding to branding approved by the masses.)

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Ferrari: Mission Winnow will not be the title sponsor, but PMI remains

Mattia Binotto, team principal of the Scuderia, explained that the partnership with PMI could change, but negotiations are underway
    to continue the historic collaboration.
    Mission Winnow could renounce the visibility as title sponsor: "We will make an announcement as soon as we are ready".

URL: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...resta/6790914/

(Personally, I feel this is a step in the right direction for the SF.
    Moving from controversial branding to branding approved by the masses.)
    For me personally as soon as they get rid of that hideous green logo the better! Also paint the whole car in red. This blend to darker red I don't like!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    For me personally as soon as they get rid of that hideous green logo the better! Also paint the whole car in red. This blend to darker red I don't like!
    Yes!

That Green MW logo looked like a wart!
    I hope we have the performance and a livery (to suit) that's more pleasing to the eye for next year
    Last edited by Toothlessrage*; 17th November 2021 at 11:06.

Yes!

That Green MW logo looked like a wart!
    I hope we have the performance and a livery (to suit) that's more pleasing to the eye for next year

Yet I would also agree with LDM what he said back in 1995 on car launch one of the most beautiful Ferrari F1 cars ever: "let it be ugly just to be fast and reliable"

Shouldn't a natural solution be to paint the Monégasque flag in spots on the car and overall and just write "MONACO" in black?

Monaco don't have anything against any money and also Charles is from there.

Hope you're joking Tifoso Svedese, not fair on Carlos unless you paint his car in Spanish colours. I've got used to the green bits on the engine cover and the Italian tricolore is green/white/red, so maybe a bit more white on the car and job done!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Agreed. Honestly the 2021 livery is the worst I can remember.

Right now, leapfrogging others in terms of performance is all that matters, atm. Once we have a competitive car challenging both RBR and the Merc, we could have a good paint job, probably in burgundy colour.

What do you guys think of Antonio Giovinazzi? (as a driver, of course)

What do you guys think of Antonio Giovinazzi? (as a driver, of course)
    I'm one of the few who think he's been pretty hard-done by with poor strategies from the team and deserved to have scored more points. He outqualified Kimi on several occasions but always seemed to lose out in the races and is a bit spin and accident-prone. Being the only Italian on the grid in an Alfa-branded Sauber is a nice combination and I'm sad that he's been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm one of the few who think he's been pretty hard-done by with poor strategies from the team and deserved to have scored more points. He outqualified Kimi on several occasions but always seemed to lose out in the races and is a bit spin and accident-prone. Being the only Italian on the grid in an Alfa-branded Sauber is a nice combination and I'm sad that he's been dropped.
    I agree. I've had a soft-spot for Gio, but he was just outdone by a lack of progress against a quick & experienced Kimi, bad strategies, and an under-performing car.
    Though, the comments he made against his ousting didn't do him any favours.
    I don't think we'd see him in the paddock anymore.

I would put Gio at least as good a Russell . Unknown to the F-1 fans there's a reason for everything.
    Last edited by Brembo; 23rd November 2021 at 04:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I would put Gio at least as good a Russell . Unknown to the F-1 fans there's a reason for everything.
    I agree Gio is good, absolutely no doubt that he's above the average pilot.
    Unfortunately, circumstances didn't play to his strengths.
    But, he gave it a good try.

I agree. I've had a soft-spot for Gio, but he was just outdone by a lack of progress against a quick & experienced Kimi, bad strategies, and an under-performing car.
    Though, the comments he made against his ousting didn't do him any favours.
    I don't think we'd see him in the paddock anymore.

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What did he say?
    GIO:
    "Formula 1 is emotion, talent, risk, and speed. But when money rules, it is also ruthless."

"I'm the classic guy who always looks for the bright side of things. Today it is impossible." (After the Mexican GP)

I do agree. He has the right to express his opinion on matters.
    And, in all honesty, he is speaking the truth.

But, F1 is a fickle sport. Saying something against the team and the sport is a dangerous thing to do (even if the pilot is well-established).
    It's doubly dangerous when your team boss is Fred Vasseur who is a major player in the paddock.

Also, not to be harsh, but GIO's F1 stint was really on borrowed time.
    I guess it was just bad luck that we never got to see him promoted to a competitive team.

Maybe we'll see GIO in F1 later on, but most probably we won't.
    Since F1 is now hunting for younger talent.
    Last edited by Toothlessrage*; 26th November 2021 at 13:04.

Gio's dream was Ferrari. Charles and Carlos are just too good . I do think some team should have taken him on. Russell winds up with a top seat after 2 1/2 years @ ZERO POINTS. Meanwhile Zhou will be the first Chinese F-1 driver. Million $$$ more money for everyone involved. New fans galore!
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th November 2021 at 08:04.

Any news on the legality of the bulge found on Mercedes and other cars? I believe Redbull had asked for clarification from the FiA regarding this.

I don't believe Gio did anything spectacular to warrant being taken on by another team. He was okay but didn't show anything special.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Neither will Hamilton be special if you make him drive a Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I don't believe Gio did anything spectacular to warrant being taken on by another team. He was okay but didn't show anything special.
    The Alfa-Sauber with a down on power Ferrari engine didn't give him much chance of showing anything special, but his starts were pretty impressive and he out-qualified Kimi several times. I can understand that there wasn't going to be another team snapping him up, though it's a shame.

Ferrari lost a seat to place its young drivers. I don't know how, politics I guess. Linked to Hass deal?

“In few weeks more sponsors have called than in the last 25 years”– Alfa Romeo boss states the colossal commercial appeal Guanyu Zhou is bringing to his team

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    “In few weeks more sponsors have called than in the last 25 years”– Alfa Romeo boss states the colossal commercial appeal Guanyu Zhou is bringing to his team
    But, there's some unrest currently at Sauber..

Picci: "That's why I left Alfa Romeo Racing"

The president of Sauber Holding resigned from his role before the Mexican GP because he does not share the management of team principal, Fred Vasseur. The Italian-Swiss manager is sorry for Giovinazzi's exit from the team, but appreciates the entry of the Chinese Zhou.

URL: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...acing/6831630/

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Gio needed the chance to do a race in that Merc rocket !

There's a chance Todt will be back with Ferrari. Charles, Carlos... beware!!!

It's better to keep the past in the past, especially considering what a rotten deal the FIA have given the team ever since he became president. I doubt he's personally involved in it because he's recused himself but he should've intervened at some point when it came to the Mercedes BS.

Developed in 1993 on the Mclaren MP4/8 to what it is today, we say goodbye to the bargeboard after tomorrows race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Developed in 1993 on the Mclaren MP4/8 to what it is today, we say goodbye to the bargeboard after tomorrows race.
    Some amazing development went into bargeboards over the years. They were pretty basic in the 90s and early 2000s, and then starting getting more curvy, lots of hard edges and serrated floors. Even multi element bargeboards from around 03-08. Then the rules changed and they played a much smaller role from 09-16 and then the rules changed again giving much more free reign to the designers and boy did they get complex!

Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc tests positive for COVID-19

URL: https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-dri...-for-covid-19/